Photo

Being Nice?

73 replies to this topic
snooki
  • snooki

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:28 AM

I already know i'm going to get trolled for this post but honestly, is it really that hard to be nice in GTA? I understand it's a game about killing and all but must you shoot me when I am just sitting in my car doing nothing? Must you blow up my car for no reason? Must you gun me down when I am walking to my car? Must you run me over when I am just standing there? I mean really, it's just annoying. Anyone else get annoyed by these actions?

• saintsrow, Toad, Magick and 8 others like this

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:34 AM

I can see how things would get annoying if you didn't expect them.
There's really no excuse for knowing this sh*t's going to happen, putting yourself into a situation where it will happen, then getting upset for it happening.

• DeMeNs, THEFAM_MCMJ and Timely like this

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:37 AM

It is excessive, but it'll never stop. Just gotta get used to it.

GrottiCollector
  • GrottiCollector

80s Tom Cruise

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:39 AM

Most of the gamers are 6-8 years old. What do you expect? 

I do wish there was a mature, 21+, mics only lobby or something. It would be way more realistic than 16 people in tanks. 

• RogueStatus likes this

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:42 AM

In such cases solo and invite only sessions are your best friend...@ least for me they are anyway.

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:47 AM

How will you make any new friends doing inv only or solo sessions?

Sounds boring to me. 

just deal with the 90% griefing idiots and dont let it bother you. I love to let em know I dont care if I die I stick 4 stickys on my car and drive right up next to the guy that last killed me and suicide bomb him. I then call in a new car or jack one off the street put 4 more stickys on it and drive up to the same guy and blow us both up again. Its actually a lot of fun if you dont care about dieing

• rnb010, ShinobiFixer, Tabula Rasa and 3 others like this

DannyMan
  • DannyMan

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:53 AM

Is

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

It can't be for nothing

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:54 AM

I must be lucky because I've met tons of people who join me in doing random things like doing suicide runs of mount chiliad and letting me drop them in the ocean with my cargobob while they in a sub.

Tassimo
  • Tassimo

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:55 AM

Just be ready with the assault shotgun, hold down R2 a bit and run while aiming.. then you can avoid speeding cars and shoot the driver.. loving it. 

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:01 AM

There's no place for people who are nice in Los Santos. 

618614c49632fda85ff9ca7684929852314a02ea

• RogueStatus, tonicmix and JoeMamma like this

haleyshorts
  • haleyshorts

the honey dipper

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:05 AM

im the nicest person ever ill pick u up in a taxi and drive you wherever for free and even let u see my titties if u come back to my apartment 

9/10 times i get stickied bombed to hell but every now & then i make a solid buddy

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:11 AM

Sounds boring to me. 

just deal with the 90% griefing idiots and dont let it bother you. I love to let em know I dont care if I die I stick 4 stickys on my car and drive right up next to the guy that last killed me and suicide bomb him. I then call in a new car or jack one off the street put 4 more stickys on it and drive up to the same guy and blow us both up again. Its actually a lot of fun if you dont care about dieing

Hey moron, when did anyone say anything about meeting friends..?Dumb ass kid.

Also I've met only dicks like you in public. My friends from joining random missions. Get outa your cave and find out how sh*t ACTUALLY works.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:01 AM

If you want to be friendly hop on the mic. You can meet a lot of cool people that way.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:10 AM

There's plenty of people that are cool, like me, and only attack those that provoke us... but when we do attack... oh, god help you, we do it big. I killed this kid over 20 times yesterday for blowing me up as I rolled up to a clothing store to get a new hat. He eventually stopped crying on the mic and left the game.

• Tabula Rasa and Yogogamer like this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm new to PC gaming pls be gentle

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:16 AM Edited by Sugar Free Nos, 30 December 2013 - 10:16 AM.

There's plenty of people that are cool, like me, and only attack those that provoke us... but when we do attack... oh, god help you, we do it big. I killed this kid over 20 times yesterday for blowing me up as I rolled up to a clothing store to get a new hat. He eventually stopped crying on the mic and left the game.

I just did this today. I walked in to Bob Mullet, saluted two guys that were getting haircuts, then I walked out, only to be shot as I was about to pull away in my Epsilon Gauntlet.

I proceeded to spawn kill them both at least 15 times a piece.

I sure wish there were more people who treated Free- Mode as a Free-Mode, instead of a shoot-on-sight TDM. 

I hope those two children learned their lesson.

• adamsowilliams and al_balmer like this

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

im the nicest person ever ill pick u up in a taxi and drive you wherever for free and even let u see my titties if u come back to my apartment 

9/10 times i get stickied bombed to hell but every now & then i make a solid buddy

I want to ride in your taxi... and the other stuff, too, I guess.

• THEFAM_MCMJ and Wrath049 like this

tonicmix
  • tonicmix

Just wants to watch the world burn.

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:25 AM Edited by tonicmix, 30 December 2013 - 10:25 AM.

I already know i'm going to get trolled for this post but honestly, is it really that hard to be nice in GTA? I understand it's a game about killing and all but must you shoot me when I am just sitting in my car doing nothing? Must you blow up my car for no reason? Must you gun me down when I am walking to my car? Must you run me over when I am just standing there? I mean really, it's just annoying. Anyone else get annoyed by these actions?

Try Second Life. Less shooty, more casual roleplay-y fa**otry.

• a20characterusername likes this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm new to PC gaming pls be gentle

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

I want to ride in your taxi... and the other stuff, too, I guess.

I'll take a ride to, just as long as your apartment isn't at Eclipse Towers.

I have made a pledge to myself that I will stay at least 500 meters from that building at all times, and I intend to keep that pledge.

• WBaker likes this

need_prison_bus
  • need_prison_bus

Over 7k noobs owned 3.0k/d

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:28 AM

Stop reposting that same old tired ass image you always posting lately.

tonicmix
  • tonicmix

Just wants to watch the world burn.

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

Stop reposting that same old tired ass image you always posting lately.

But it's literally the best image ever posted on these forums!

EttoreEnzo
  • EttoreEnzo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

If you want to be friendly hop on the mic. You can meet a lot of cool people that way.

The chat is muted at all times for me. If it's not loud feedback or a group of 5 year old's screaming at each other at the exact same time, it's people speaking incoherent languages as they chase and try to blow up your car. I'll keep the peaceful silence thanks...

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:35 AM

The chat is muted at all times for me. If it's not loud feedback or a group of 5 year old's screaming at each other at the exact same time, it's people speaking incoherent languages as they chase and try to blow up your car. I'll keep the peaceful silence thanks...

Yeah that happens but I'd rather mute individual players even though it takes extra time because the good ones are worth it.
  • need_prison_bus likes this

anticlimatic
  • anticlimatic

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

God, allllllllll dayyyy longgggg. Pretty much most of the time I'm in free roam one thought is constantly circulating in my tiny, yet imaginative, brain:

"Why are people in this game such colossal brainless dicks?"

With all the fun things you can dick around and do, is 'call of duty' the only game these twits want to play? Because they should just play call of duty if that's the case. Wayyyy better combat mechanics.

I once wanted to grab a random to try flying me around in a Titan, or visa versa, with one of us in the back in a few different vehicles, to see if I could find one that wouldn't explode. I could have made a montage of me pulling up to strangers and honking in a friendly fashion only to get shot out of my car. Finally got fed up and started grabbing buzzards, and like a brainless moron, kept trying to pick up random people to be my gunner. Shot out of the chopper another 10 times in a row....

It's hard to keep taking the high road over and over and over. BUT I SHALL BE AS JESUS AND DO SO (at least until the eventual Tankocolypse of frustration)

• saintsrow, Valdorien and ll Noble 6 ll like this

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

Sounds boring to me. 

I do solo or invite only sessions when looking for a rare car, or dont feel like being annoyied by greifers ......

BUT

I do love doing the suicide runs when i do feel like putting up with them......and i can help but laugh when i see them get mad and leave after going boom a few times........

another fun thing is to toss a few stickys out in front of you while on foot and wait on them to run you over ,and then Boom they are dead you are still alive if you throw then far enough and time it right........normally after doing this one or two times it stops the greifing if the player does not leave

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:49 AM

In this game players are meant to be criminals, not terrorists.

Maybe some peoples got so much bullied that they revenge in a video game.

Mehhh...I will stick to the idea that one of their parent was a bridge troll.

• saintsrow likes this

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

I was a person who try to be nice before...

last night when I was driving my NEW carbonizzare with roof opened

(that's the reason I have this car~)

a dick follow me from my apartment to little souel, I stop, take a u-turn, sound my horn, comes out unarmed, to show I am friendly, then I saw this guy comes out, and shot me...

is a auto-aim server, so is rather like the wild west, who shot first, wins.

so I died one, after that, he died 5 times...

austintrain
  • austintrain

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:21 AM

sitting, walking and standing?

asking for it...

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

BUSTED! Wannabe

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:26 AM

I never really kill people for no reason,I help players escape the police, Drive them to their desired location And usually if someone kills me once, Fair game, But if they blow up my PV or kills me again, I make it my mission to get revenge, Doesn't matter what i have to do or how long it takes, Blood will be spilled 

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

Try Second Life. Less shooty, more casual roleplay-y fa**otry.

I am in total agreement with the OP.  Could not have said it better.  And BTW I have been in Second Life since 2006.  It's a great place to observe and learn virtual world design.  That's why I appreciate the GTA HD era design so much, because it provides excellent design examples and sets the bar for jaw-dropping 3D world design.  But the other great points about Second Life are that is has an excellent, un-hacked economy, thousands of avatar customization choices, and rich, multiple means of communication.  GTA0 has none of that.  And in Second Life, there are well-designed regions for combat, urban dystopia, cyberpunk and so on. 

GTA0 on the other hand, is an unstructured sh*thole.  Of course GTA0 has no civility, that is to be expected, given the community.  But Rockstar's (lack of) design of the online experience just wastes the opportunities that such a beautiful virtual world should provide. 

• Yogogamer likes this

rnb010
  • rnb010

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

God, allllllllll dayyyy longgggg. Pretty much most of the time I'm in free roam one thought is constantly circulating in my tiny, yet imaginative, brain:

"Why are people in this game such colossal brainless dicks?"

With all the fun things you can dick around and do, is 'call of duty' the only game these twits want to play? Because they should just play call of duty if that's the case. Wayyyy better combat mechanics.

I once wanted to grab a random to try flying me around in a Titan, or visa versa, with one of us in the back in a few different vehicles, to see if I could find one that wouldn't explode. I could have made a montage of me pulling up to strangers and honking in a friendly fashion only to get shot out of my car. Finally got fed up and started grabbing buzzards, and like a brainless moron, kept trying to pick up random people to be my gunner. Shot out of the chopper another 10 times in a row....

It's hard to keep taking the high road over and over and over. BUT I SHALL BE AS JESUS AND DO SO (at least until the eventual Tankocolypse of frustration)

you should mix it up with minding your own business...

try surfing around the city on an ambulance LOL

i found that to be the only vehicle thus far you wont fall of from when its driving

when other players watch you do sht like that, theyll know youre not about idiotic free for all killing ingame and theyll think twice before shooting you when you approach them in any vehicle

that is, them not being mindless triggerhappy fools of course

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users