Photo

GTA style artwork(s)

44 replies to this topic
Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:28 AM Edited by Gregers08, 17 April 2014 - 01:29 AM.

My third attempt to lollipop gril:

h8DpIVD.jpg

Definitely improving keep it up :^:

gagemb9918
  • gagemb9918

GRA-TA-TA

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:22 AM

Those are really nice. What programs do you use to animate once you've put the drawings on your computer? Keep it up! :)

Masny
  • Masny

Member Since 16 Feb 2007

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

@Ciaran
Thank you! Yes, hair will be fixed in future version : ) 
@gagemb9918
I will :)
But - Animate? I don't quite get what you are trying to ask ;/ 

• Ciaran likes this

Masny
  • Masny

Member Since 16 Feb 2007

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:17 PM Edited by Masny, 20 April 2014 - 06:44 PM.

V4
7XYpVLQ.jpg

• Ciaran and Vanto like this

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

Good job :^:  Have a few criticisms though. Although it looks very detailed right now it doesn't really remind me of gta art, I would say bring back the black outlines and I would lean towards version 3's hair but with allot more strands also I think you should add more definition to the nose area, right now it's looking kind of flat.

Other than that looking good

Masny
  • Masny

Member Since 16 Feb 2007

• Members

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:09 PM Edited by Masny, 04 May 2014 - 06:45 PM.

Yes, I know it doesn't look like GTA Art anymore, but it was a just a test, like "can I do that?". 

Thanks for posting! :)

• Gregers08 likes this

KD himan
  • KD himan

The Electro AfghaN™

• BUSTED!
  • Vietnam

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:48 AM

This is one of my Wallpaper made by me, i hope you'll like it guys, it's not a Artwork. but something related to GTA. :)

70ZAvvO.png?1?7111

Masny
  • Masny

Member Since 16 Feb 2007

• Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

Yes, it is related to GTA, but, don't get me wrong, i made this topic to show my 'arts' only. 

• gagemb9918 likes this

Masny
  • Masny

Member Since 16 Feb 2007

• Members

Posted A week ago

I'm trying to make new artwork; It is very early version:
T289nUK.jpg

• GTAKid667, Ciaran and Android like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Grand Trade Auto

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Hi. Just wanna drop a comment which probably would help.

After i see your drawings, I assume you're trying to follow GTAIV and V artwork style. Am I right? I'm also interested in IV and V style for the incredible detail, contrast, and value. So, let me comment your drawings.

The 3rd version of that Lollipop girl really reminds me of GTA Chinatown Wars in-game cutscene style - which is cel shading. Cel Shading is 3d rendering style which usually have outlines and flat-looking result - just like 2d cartoon. Well, while your 3rd version isn't 100% looking like one, but that blocky silhouette, shading style, and bold outlines mixed with soft shading on the skin makes it look like one.

In 4th version, you came back to 'painting' style. However, you have so many blurs here and there. You need to shade it darker and more daring, just like in IV/V. Talking about shadow, IV/V style usually always have shadows in the middle. Which basically means there are two light sources coming from sides towards the model. The only difference is the outline. I personally like IV artwork better than V.

Last but not least, the finger proportion. I know it's hard. After all these years, I still find myself struggling in it XD.

Keep trying. Good luck.
  • Masny likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Grand Trade Auto

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by luisniko, A week ago.

I really don't feel good if I just give tips to people without showing at least rough example of what I mean.

I know this still look like sh*t, but I hope this can support my tips above. Below is my (rough) edit of your 4th update. Btw, I didn't bother to redraw the hand. I told you I'm bad at it and I don't want to spend too long on that XD. Hope this can help you to improve. :)

This work is originally yours. No copyright infringement intended.

Spoiler
  • Marwin Moody and Masny like this

Masny
  • Masny

Member Since 16 Feb 2007

• Members

Posted A week ago

Looks much detailed than mine. How you did that? What tool(s?) do you used to made this?

luisniko
  • luisniko

Grand Trade Auto

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

My equipment:
- Wacom Tablet A5
- Sai Easy Paint Tool (software)

The only thing I'm lacking is brush texture like you have, but I get used without it. Brush settings are customized by me though.

I don't know what software you use, but I suggest you to use either this SAI software (very light but good) or Corel Painter. SAI is cheaper and, well, fulfills all you need. If you don't rely on generated effects like in Photoshop, you can use SAI.

Masny
  • Masny

Member Since 16 Feb 2007

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by Masny, A week ago.

Im using only lasso tool + filling + blur (photoshop).  I dont have Tablet yet. Thats why my drawings are not too good (yet :p

luisniko
  • luisniko

Grand Trade Auto

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Im using only lasso tool + filling + blur (photoshop).  I dont have Tablet yet. Thats why my drawings are not too good (yet :p

If you really like to draw, I suggest you to buy one. Just get the small one like mine.

Or if you're tight on money, just keep drawing on paper or maybe try painting on a small canvas. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users