Quantcast

» «
Photo

9/11 - What about the new "One World Trade Center"?

55 replies to this topic
WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:39 AM

I don't think the city wants to live in fear anymore. They're moving on with their lives and rebuilding, regardless of what may happen in the future. Truth is, if planned carefully enough, these attacks can be impossible to avoid.  

We'll never know if NYC will be a target again in the future. It's one of the first things we think of when we think of America, so it'll always be considered a target. That doesn't mean everyone should be constantly preparing for the worst, though.

Here's hoping they don't go after DC next, I'm only an hour away and who knows how bad a nuke could f*ck up my area.

• Badass Big J likes this

Badass Big J
  • Badass Big J

Badass

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:09 AM Edited by Badass Big J, 30 December 2013 - 06:11 AM.

You do know that the american government themsleves planned the attacked we muslims have nothing against you im muslim myself

RIP to the victims

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Look at his little spots!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:25 AM

You do know that the american government themsleves planned the attacked we muslims have nothing against you im muslim myself

RIP to the victims

Wow, a whole page before someone posts an insane conspiracy theory. Didn't you read the first post?

Badass Big J
  • Badass Big J

Badass

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

RIP to the victims

Wow, a whole page before someone posts an insane conspiracy theory. Didn't you read the first post?

what r u tryin to say gud sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:08 AM

What I am trying to say is get back onto the topic at hand and don't dabble in ignorant conspiracy theories, especially not when the OP all but said "no wingnut whack jobs, please".
  • Hangover likes this

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

RIP to the victims

Holy f*cking sh*ttttttttte dudeeeeeee! Would you f*cking stop spilling your man-juice all over the punctuation keys in your keyboard right after jerking off to hentai?

Anyway, I doubt there will ever be another 9/11 attack because terrorist attacks like that are extremely difficult to execute successfully. They just got lucky on 9/11 and haven't got lucky since.
Also, there really aren't that many competent, dedicated international terrorists now so errbody's cool.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:58 AM

No it won't happen again, US goverment has no need for it.

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Sing a song for the swag man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

I don't think something similar will happen again - at least not for a very long time. America is extremely strict when it comes to maintaining and securing our airports and airplanes.

On top of that, the new tower is designed to withstand heavy impacts and has a central support column to keep it from collapsing. Also, wider and stronger staircases to ensure people can get out safely if something like that ever happens again.

• Hangover likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

Here we go..

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

I don't know. L.A. and Boston could both be possible targets.

they could be, sure.

anything could be a possible target.

but these REMOVED all seem to think that New York is the most important place on Earth.

they don't necessarily think about maximum effectiveness with their attacks, they think about sensationalism. if they wanted maximum effect, they would simply put a dirty bomb in a football stadium or blast the subway walls and flood the subway system of a major city.

they never think about it like that.

they could kill a lot more people if they simply blew up a baseball stadium :lol:

Here's hoping they don't go after DC next, I'm only an hour away and who knows how bad a nuke could f*ck up my area.

sorry but Washington DC is actually the one place that I WISH they would attack :pp

if there's one place in the US that deserves to be bombed into oblivion and everyone killed, it's the Capitol Building where all of our lovely Congressmen and Congresswomen hang out.

god that place sucks.

no one will miss those people.

• F4L? and TheBlackPeterParker. like this

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:24 AM Edited by Spuds725, 31 December 2013 - 12:08 AM.

The wholepoint of 9/11 was to cripple the US economic and military infrastructure - thus the targetting of the WTC and the Pentagon.

Rebuilding another building called the OWTC and the complete renovation of the Pentagon are not "punches in the face of terrorists". The fact that the attacks on 9/11 failed to accomplish anything near the expected economic and military collapse of America is the biggest "punch in the face of terrorists" as well as the biggest deterrent for similar attacks in the future.

All there is now is unorganised, untargetted attacks against random civilians by radicals, who justify them as retaliation for the thousands of civilians killed by Western forces in the 'War on Terror'.

@ El_Diablo:

I hope it's a case of your humour escaping me in your above post. "REMOVED" is a racist term, and maximum killing of civilians was not their intention, as explained above.

Also, without all those congressmen and -women in Washington DC, the US political structure would collapse.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

Good luck getting past air defences and not getting shot down a second time.

You think they're going to let a rogue plane waltz into the building again? Haha nope.

Hangover
  • Hangover

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:50 AM Edited by Hangover, 30 December 2013 - 11:54 AM.

I can't believe you missed whatsstrength's sarcasm, I know parody doesn't come across as easily in text but that was obvious.

Anyway, as someone said, you're more likely going to die by slipping and falling or getting hit by a car than in a terrorist attack. Think about all the people who visited the WTC before 9/11 and weren't killed.

Controlled demolition. Thermite. Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth. Bohemian Grove. Cancer in the water supply will kill most of us and the rest will be executed in the FEMA death camps. Bilderberg Group. Remember Building 7, totally not an office fire I swear to God.

It's all true because Alex Jones has the "government documents" to prove it. INFOWARRIORS UNITE.

But after I've read that thing with the water I think you must be joking. Sry if your post was sarcasm ;)

It was sarcasm. The sad part is that I used to buy into every last one of those claims but thankfully I moved past them.

Yes you two, I really thought it was sarcasm, just wanted to comment it. ;) But I've read nearly EVERYTHING from truthers online, and there were tons of posts like whatsstrength's post, and they were actually serious.

You can't tell everytime if it's sarcasm or not in case of 911. Even if their theory is incredibly stupid like that "no plane" stuff. ;)

I hope you guys are right and this will never happen again.. but its just a WTC again.. and I'm afraid this is provocative for terrorists..

The new building is claimed to be very safe..

But the old WTCs were also meant to be able to handle a plane crash (the building plans said they were constructed to withstand a smaller Beoing with reduced speed which was lost in fog or which was in trouble or so....)... they first handled the plane crashes (at full speed!!!), but the extraordinary fires (steel and fire is not a good combination!) and the fact there was no ferroconcrete core in the buildings caused the towers to collapse and kill even more people.

The WTCs were very filigree buildings compared to other steel constructions. Don't know much about the new tower.

Do you think people above the crash site who didn't jump would have survived if the buildings didn't came down and firework-helpers were able to go up there?

I just hope the new building is more safe and that disastrous attacks like 911 were calculated while they built it.

I also hope that security people will react quicker when a plane seems to be hijacked. On 911 everyone was very.. helpless and didn't know what to do, but now? I mean.. shooting down a plane will cost many lives, but you may save a lot when you do it... but still.. pretty hard decision and I'm glad I don't have to decide things like that.

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:04 PM Edited by jaysteels, 30 December 2013 - 05:04 PM.

I love the new WTC, mainly because it serves as a giant "f*ck you!" to terrorists :)

As much as I would like it to be a huge f*ck you to the terrorists it isn't because the terrorists didn't want to just destroy it they wanted to send a massege.

Absolutely true. In many ways, one could say they succeeded.

stu
  • stu

I'm finished.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

It's going to be near impossible to hijack another commercial airliner, and even harder to actually make it reach a potential target even if you do somehow manage get control of it. One of the main reasons the terrorists were able to be so successful on 9/11 was because up until then the protocol was to comply with hijackers that take over a plane. Hijackers were just expected to land somewhere and make demands. There wasn't a precedent for them to use planes as weapons and fly them into buildings. Even if a group of people were to somehow evade airport security and get weapons on board a plane, passengers and crew would fight back now. Not to mention access to the cockpit is a lot more secure so good luck getting in there.

I very much doubt Al Qaeda or any terrorist organisation would attempt to take over a plane in the way the 9/11 hijackers did, because it's not really possible anymore. The only way I could see a similar scenario is if they manage to get one of their guys trained as a licensed commercial pilot, who then basically barricades the cockpit door and takes out the other co-pilots. I'm sure there must be fail safes against that sort of thing though. It wouldn't surprise me either if the NSA closely monitored commercial pilots and kept track of what they were up to, and so they'd probably know if something like that was being planned by a pilot anyways.

You've probably got more chance of robbing Fort Knox than flying an airliner into another building in the U.S.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

Yeah, people seem to forget that there's more security on your average bus than there was on US domestic flights before 9/11. Nowadays you're lucky to be able to get a pair of tweezers on a plane. Hence why AQ took to sewing bombs into people's pants.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:12 PM Edited by theadmiral, 30 December 2013 - 07:13 PM.

What I am trying to say is get back onto the topic at hand and don't dabble in ignorant conspiracy theories, especially not when the OP all but said "no wingnut whack jobs, please".

As ridiculous as his theory is, there is an entire segment of the world population being indoctrinated to believe it.

Regarding airline security, I borrowed a backpack from a friend recently and the guys were giving me a super hard time about "Are you sure you don't have any contraband?"

I kept saying yes and they dug in it and found some really small drill bit and took me to task over it. Maybe the size of a needle. LOL. They definitely are looking.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:25 PM

@ El_Diablo:

I hope it's a case of your humour escaping me in your above post. "REMOVED" is a racist term

I don't care.

I'm talking about "terrorists." not all Muslims.

you know, people who walk into a crowded market full of women and children and blow themselves up. fly planes into buildings. plant bombs in public places.

if you want to defend them, feel free.

I'm gonna' go ahead and keep calling them whatever racist name I feel like because they're pathetic scum bags. I'm certainly not going to call them "people" because they're not worthy of inclusion with the rest of the human race.

so **REMOVED** it is.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:06 AM

Nobody is defending the terrorists-- however your post(s) are using racist terms and is against forum rules... http://gtaforums.com...-7-forum-rules/

Warned and racist terms removed--

Please keep the discussion civil and avoid using racist language

• theadmiral likes this

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:32 AM Edited by El_Diablo, 31 December 2013 - 12:32 AM.

so we can't make fun of sand-hut-dwellers who blow up markets full of innocent women and children?

ok.

GTA Forums.

where terrorists are people too and deserve respect :sui:

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Я не говорю

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:57 AM

so we can't make fun of sand-hut-dwellers who blow up markets full of innocent women and children?

ok.

GTA Forums.

where terrorists are people too and deserve respect :sui:

No. You can, but you called them a racist term. That's like saying that it's okay to call Ugandan warlords ******* because they're bad people.

• theadmiral likes this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:58 AM Edited by iiConTr0v3rSYx, 31 December 2013 - 12:59 AM.

In the event of a possible plane/truck bombing attack.

The building features a powerful core reinforced with rebar, wider staircases and uses 15 PSI concrete(the first 20 floors of the building is window-less concrete).

The building is safer in everyway when compared with the twins.

• Hangover likes this

Hangover
  • Hangover

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:57 PM

Hm okay that sounds good!

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

The next person to bring up conspiracy theory bullsh*t in this thread gets temped. You've been asked specifically not to.
  • Hangover likes this

Hangover
  • Hangover

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

Thanks, sivispacem. :)

If you people want to discuss those (stupid and dozent times refuted) conspiracy theories, please open a new thread for that.

This thread is about the new building and it's safety / possibility of terrorist attacks / etc.

On topic:

Do you guys think it could be possible that terrorists become a full-qualified commercial jet pilot, just to "hijack" it and aim it.. perhaps to the new One World Trade Center? That's one of my biggest fear ever.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

You shouldn't be so paranoid about those things.

Better thoughts, yes?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users