• TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:57 AM

ColdHearted, on 30 Dec 2013 - 02:33 AM, said:

SmoothGTA, on 30 Dec 2013 - 02:14 AM, said:

@ColdHearted

I like how you asked me a question, and then can't say sh*t about my answer because I'm right.

Also, I don't give a sh*t about redx165's opinion because he's proven he can't read multiple times. I'm a child or a mental patient because I disregard the thoughts of the illiterate?

Once again, lmao whatever you say dude.

Your little peanut brain clearly isn't capable of understanding what's wrong with the game, that's what I was explaining to you before but you lack the intelligence to dissect and comprehend what was and will be said, you're a super fanboy, you said you're happy as long as there are "improved graphics, new cities, new characters, new story, new cop AI" which basically means you'll be forever happy with GTA no matter what. A fanboy of pretty much any franchise can use what you said to defend the game they dickride, trying to speak sense into your peanut head is like trying to teach a cat algebra, never gonna happen.

How does retarded inbred morons like you live day by day is beyond my comprenhension .

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:52 AM

Some love it, some hate it.

For me, its as close to perfect as any GTA released. It has a feel that captures both VC and SA's vibes, but also adds so much more. As much as I loved the handling in IV, I do like V's more. It just feels better. It doesn't need to be realistic for me, it just needs to feel good. 

Obviously there are few things here & there that could've been better, but thats true for any GTA.

For those who don't like the game, thats unfortunate, but I love it. 

• Bonnano, Captain Arthur and TheGoldenJew like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:57 AM

Some love it, some hate it.

For me, its as close to perfect as any GTA released. It has a feel that captures both VC and SA's vibes, but also adds so much more. As much as I loved the handling in IV, I do like V's more. It just feels better. It doesn't need to be realistic for me, it just needs to feel good. 
Obviously there are few things here & there that could've been better, but thats true for any GTA.

For those who don't like the game, thats unfortunate, but I love it. 

Great talk bro. and you started with the Original GTA in 1997?

Brian359
  • Brian359

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:45 AM

I'm yet to find any of these problems.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:46 AM Edited by jamieleng, 02 January 2014 - 08:54 AM.

I too have played every GTA since the first one. Really showing my age here, especially as I was old enough to buy it back in '97. In fact, I bought the original GTA before I even had a PS1.

V is without doubt the most technically accomplished of the series since III & while there are things I would change about it, like driving/riding & physics, it is a marvelous achievement. 

The world is incredibly beautiful, as are the character models. Once again, the bugs are practically non-existent in SP & that is a Rockstar trademark. The attention to detail is incredible & unmatched in video games. 

I'm quite looking forward to seeing if San Diego will be able to match, or even beat North with their next open world game.

• SmoothGetaway, Geralt of Rivia, The Odyssey and 1 other like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

I too have played every GTA since the first one. Really showing my age here, especially as I was old enough to buy it back in '97. In fact, I bought the original GTA before I even had a PS1.

V is without doubt the most technically accomplished of the series since III & while there are things I would change about it, like driving/riding & physics, it is a marvelous achievement. 

The world is incredibly beautiful, as are the character models. Once again, the bugs are practically non-existent in SP & that is a Rockstar trademark. The attention to detail is incredible & unmatched in video games. 

I'm quite looking forward to seeing if San Diego will be able to match, or even beat North with their next open world game.

i actually see Rockstar Games merging all the other Rockstar studios in North to focus more on the GTA frachise at some stage.

mad_dog_robinson
  • mad_dog_robinson

Hell Fury Owner

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

Don't agree. This is the worst game Rockstar has ever developed/published. They are now the masters of the cut and gut.

cut and gut ?.. 

Thegutang
  • Thegutang

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:12 AM

I actually just had the pleasure of playing III on PS2 for the first time in about 12 years.

While the graphics and physics have certainly improved it actually amazed me how little this game has come since then.

The entire gameplay structure has remained virtually unchanged in 12 years... While VC and SA did add additional features, and IV brought it into the HD generation, V is a big stagnation..

With every new generation or iteration I expect developers to expand on the core gameplay and continue to polish it, and Rockstar was on that track, but since IV I feel the series has stagnated.

This is a problem I find with almost all games nowadays. Back in the late 90's and early 2000's there was a big burst of innovation along with the new 3D capabilities. Nowadays everything is just a rehash. It seems like game devs (more the like CEO's and suits) have run out of ideas of how to take things to the next level.

Its really quite simple. As the audience of a game series matures, so should the game design. People who have been playing any series for so long should expect the game to become more sophisticated with each new addition. Sure you must apeal to the newbs and the casuals but that doesnt mean you shouldnt provide the options for those who want more.

The key is options. People like options. And they like being treated as if the have intelligence.

• HaythamKenway likes this

Thegutang
  • Thegutang

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:34 AM Edited by Thegutang, 05 January 2014 - 05:22 AM.

Case in point:  San Andreas had alot of options. Even though it wasnt a super polished game it offered something for everyone who liked sandbox games. Didnt matter if you didnt like or didnt use most of the options, there was very little restriction on what you could do or how you could use your imagination.

While V is infinitely more polished, I find there is just too many arbitrary restrictions on how I want to have fun or how I can interact with the world...

Games should evolve and become more sophisticated (especially sandbox games). I find it frustrating that I can only do a fraction of what I could compared to a 10 year old game. Especially because the code base for every R* game has already been established and they all use the same code.

You know what the biggest thing I miss from SA was? The ability to play minigames like pool or 21 up with a second player in the same room. Also SA had a pretty entertaining 2 player freeroam where the camera would dynamically expand to see both players. Why cant we do this anymore??

• HaythamKenway likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:05 AM

Case in point:  San Andreas had alot of options. Even though though it wasnt a super polished game it offered something for everyone who liked sandbox games. Didnt matter if you didnt like or didnt use most of the options, there was very little restriction on what you could do or how you could use your imagination.

While V is infinitely more polished, I find there is just too many arbitrary restrictions on how I want to have fun or how I can interact with the world...

Games should evolve and become more sophistcated (especially sandbox games). I find it frustrating that I can only do a fraction of what I could compared to a 10 year old game. Especially because the code base for every R* game has already been established and they all use the same code.

You know what the biggest thing I miss from SA was? The ability to play minigames like pool or 21 up with a second player in the same room. Also SA had a pretty entertaining 2 player freeroam where the camera would dynamically expand to see both players. Why cant we do this anymore??

Cool :)

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:30 AM

Much love to an original GTA player, I came around when most did during the famed "3D" era, so I can't compare it to those games, IV was a disappointment, V should've been IV, a step up from San Andreas. V's my fav just for the fact that its a step up from SA, which is #2. sure the cops are a pain, and online was way overhyped, but the immersion in the single player where it feels like each protag has their own lives, does it for me. I just wonder if it'll be multi-protags or 1?

Thegutang
  • Thegutang

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:05 AM

Much love to an original GTA player, I came around when most did during the famed "3D" era, so I can't compare it to those games, IV was a disappointment, V should've been IV, a step up from San Andreas. V's my fav just for the fact that its a step up from SA, which is #2. sure the cops are a pain, and online was way overhyped, but the immersion in the single player where it feels like each protag has their own lives, does it for me. I just wonder if it'll be multi-protags or 1?

Yes, V should have been IV. And if IV was V then V should have been everything SA had plus everything IV had...

• fac316 likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:33 AM

Great comment bro.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:58 AM Edited by jamieleng, 05 January 2014 - 10:01 AM.

Case in point:  San Andreas had alot of options. Even though it wasnt a super polished game it offered something for everyone who liked sandbox games. Didnt matter if you didnt like or didnt use most of the options, there was very little restriction on what you could do or how you could use your imagination.

Games should evolve and become more sophisticated (especially sandbox games). I find it frustrating that I can only do a fraction of what I could compared to a 10 year old game. Especially because the code base for every R* game has already been established and they all use the same code.

I'm not going to disagree with you about the mini-games & activities, as V could certainly have done with a lot more. There are some great new ones, like golf (I know a lot of people don't think so) but why not bowling or pool? I mean, darts is exactly the same as IV & while pool was a bit glitchy in IV, it could surely have been improved. I would've also liked Split Sides to have made a return, as I did watch them more than once. How funny would it have been to see Trevor heckling the comedians.

Anyway, I think a lot of people (including me) forget how much content V actually has.

As for the 2 player mode in SA. That has been utterly superseded by Online, which is far superior in every way.

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

I actually just had the pleasure of playing III on PS2 for the first time in about 12 years.

While the graphics and physics have certainly improved it actually amazed me how little this game has come since then.

The entire gameplay structure has remained virtually unchanged in 12 years... While VC and SA did add additional features, and IV brought it into the HD generation, V is a big stagnation..

With every new generation or iteration I expect developers to expand on the core gameplay and continue to polish it, and Rockstar was on that track, but since IV I feel the series has stagnated.

This is a problem I find with almost all games nowadays. Back in the late 90's and early 2000's there was a big burst of innovation along with the new 3D capabilities. Nowadays everything is just a rehash. It seems like game devs (more the like CEO's and suits) have run out of ideas of how to take things to the next level.

Its really quite simple. As the audience of a game series matures, so should the game design. People who have been playing any series for so long should expect the game to become more sophisticated with each new addition. Sure you must apeal to the newbs and the casuals but that doesnt mean you shouldnt provide the options for those who want more.

The key is options. People like options. And they like being treated as if the have intelligence.

I agree with you. I feel like the new GTA's are not like the ones we played from 1 to San Andreas. It might be because the stories aren't related(at least for me) no more as they decided to ditch the old characters due to the new generation of consoles. But I do think that they used to be much more interesting in terms of story. One thing that personally lacked in GTA V was a very big story. That was one of the things I wanted (although I think that the story was very good, I enjoyed it a lot). Something in the likes of... GTA San Andreas or Red Dead Redemption (Now that was a perfect game).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users