Photo

A Long Time GTA Veterans Opinion on The New Game

134 replies to this topic
TheGoldenJew
  • TheGoldenJew

The One and hopefully Only.

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

Lets all get along here. Here is my opinion. Xbox runs better. As in FPS. I have an HDPVR that shows FPS for both PS3 and XBOX. PS3 looks slightly better,but its FPS is lower. Remember Mafia 2? Not to start sh*t, but that is second to anything other than gta 5 in terms of taxing the consoles performance wise. Look at GTA 4. Imagine if GTA 5 LOOKED JUST LIKE F*UCKING GTA4. would you all be arguing about which system graphics looks less like a murky mess? probably. Lets all just agree that GTA 5 is better than 4,and runs better, and we can all get along and provide CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM to each other about what can make the game better. Thanks.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:14 AM

@ColdHearted

I like how you asked me a question, and then can't say sh*t about my answer because I'm right.

Also, I don't give a sh*t about redx165's opinion because he's proven he can't read multiple times. I'm a child or a mental patient because I disregard the thoughts of the illiterate?

Once again, lmao whatever you say dude.

TheGoldenJew
  • TheGoldenJew

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:15 AM

Lets all get along here. Here is my opinion. Xbox runs better. As in FPS. I have an HDPVR that shows FPS for both PS3 and XBOX. PS3 looks slightly better,but its FPS is lower. Remember Mafia 2? Not to start sh*t, but that is second to anything other than gta 5 in terms of taxing the consoles performance wise. Look at GTA 4. Imagine if GTA 5 LOOKED JUST LIKE F*UCKING GTA4. would you all be arguing about which system graphics looks less like a murky mess? probably. Lets all just agree that GTA 5 is better than 4,and runs better, and we can all get along and provide CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM to each other about what can make the game better. Thanks.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

Welcome to the forum.

It's good to see there are still GTA veterans. I started off in 1998 with GTA 1, but I still regard GTA IV as the best GTA. GTA V  to me does a lot of great things, but at the same time drops the ball in areas.

I don't think it's as bad as what some of its hardcore critics say it is, but I also feel like it could've been done so much better aswell.

• TheGoldenJew likes this

Thegutang
  • Thegutang

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

Thegutang, on 29 Dec 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:Thegutang, on 29 Dec 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

Like one person said, GTAV focuses too much on the wrong things.

Instead of being a game about working your way up from a street scrub to owning/managing a criminal empire, it is basically a retirement simulator. Get rich and spend your remaining days driving aimlessly around in your toys, playing golf and doing yoga.  BORING.

Yes it would have been more interesting if they sh*tted out the same formula, let me guess you are a COD fan and buy every edition right ?

That would be the optimum formula for GTA, and one they haven't really done yet to any meaningful extent.

Oh, you go around killing cops by the dozens? Wow isn't that innovative and imaginative! May as well have an annual GTA edition so we can all run around and shoot cops like we have for the last  17 years...

You mouth breathing dickshards never cease to amaze me.

• TheGoldenJew likes this

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

@ColdHearted

I like how you asked me a question, and then can't say sh*t about my answer because I'm right.

Also, I don't give a sh*t about redx165's opinion because he's proven he can't read multiple times. I'm a child or a mental patient because I disregard the thoughts of the illiterate?

Your little peanut brain clearly isn't capable of understanding what's wrong with the game, that's what I was explaining to you before but you lack the intelligence to dissect and comprehend what was and will be said, you're a super fanboy, you said you're happy as long as there are "improved graphics, new cities, new characters, new story, new cop AI" which basically means you'll be forever happy with GTA no matter what. A fanboy of pretty much any franchise can use what you said to defend the game they dickride, trying to speak sense into your peanut head is like trying to teach a cat algebra, never gonna happen.

Thegutang
  • Thegutang

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:39 AM

SmoothGTA is a numbnuts. He shoots cops by the dozens and that is all he needs from GTA so of course it is his pussy on a pedestal...

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:40 AM

I have been playing since III and I love the game. The one and only issue I have is the vehicle storage system. SR did get that right.

I think V is better on PS3 but every other R game of the past generation was better on XBox. I don't know whyy things changed with V. 

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

@Cold Hearted

Lol what?

Yeah, no sh*t I'm a fan. I'm on a f*cking fan site devoted to talking about the games.

Oh and I buy new GTA's when they come out for obvious reasons. You know, stuff like improved graphics, new cities, new characters, new story, new cop AI for me to dominate.

I'm kind of surprised you're forcing me to explain this sh*t.

Also, I'm a sheep? Lmao, ok whatever you say :cool:

Improve Graphics - ( Graphics don't even make a game great )
New Cities - Liberty City IV felt great and new against III Liberty City. Los Santos sure its a better version than SA still doesn't feel like a new city.
New Characters - That I can't disagree with
New Story - I can't disagree with you
New Cop AI - What new AI? The only difference is they give them auto aim compared to the older GTA games which the cops couldn't even hit a rock if they tried to. They're not even walking on the street or driving around. 

GTA V hardly has any criminal activities vs older GTA games. SA, VC, III had way more criminal activities. I don't mind some of the regular activities but at least give a decent amount of crime activities. You get hardly any good rewards for completing them. Business is a joke in this game and worst then IV annoying friend system. Money is a joke in this game and you get 90% at the end of the game. You get the good guns already unlocked before you finish half of the game. 

-So don't get a PS4 then. I mean, graphics don't matter, right?

-Doesn't matter if it doesn't feel like an new city (Lol what? What does that even mean?), it's still a new city.

-Yup

-Yup

-What new AI? Oh, I don't know, maybe the LoS mechanic? The trying to bash you off the road mechanic? (I don't care about how it's not a completely smooth and balanced mechanic. It's still a mechanic) The cops don't just chase you through a random circle. They're much more realistic.

ColdHearted: Lolwat? Don't start bringing your stupid from the Gangster topic here please. You're capable of discussion; take advantage of it.

What's the point in spending more money on the same system then? This isn't the Xbox One. If game can't even run 1080p on a $400 and $500 system then why buy it? A PS3 and 360 can do it.

You mean the cops getting turbo and barely hitting and you lose so much control. How is that a great mechanic? 

@ Nick Bellic Half Life yep cause a console that can't even run 1080p on a suppose next gen system is better than one that can ( God I hate you fanboys ). As time goes on you will see Xbox One get left behind while the PS4 will be shining ahead. What are consoles famous for? Playing games at a decent frame rate and graphics. They won't beat a PC. They're just a lesser PC that plays games and movies. A all in one entertainment is a PC. 

@ Tenaxe So my favorite game is GTA SA and Star Wars Battlefront 2 ( Can't wait for Star Wars Battlefront for PS4 ) but I don't really talk about it since it isn't a game about Single Player just the instant action. RDR a close second to GTA SA. TLOU behind RDR. The link to my signature was to prove all the Xbox fanboys saying V would look better on 360. Well they got proved wrong. If you take the graphics out of TLOU is still is a great game. The story, gameplay ( Stealth is the key in the game ), and the level layouts for all their maps. 

You are very...very wrong. If you took the graphics out of many games then you would be lacking in details. Details that tell you how sad or mad some one is. These are thing not visible when working with stiff polygons.

Yet when you focus too much on graphics you lose in the gameplay. 

You know what I find funny is GTA fanboys tell SR fanboys that they got better graphics and story while SR says they have better gameplay while GTA Fanboys tell TLOU fanboys that graphics don't matter and neither does story and its about the gameplay. GTA fanboys are the biggest hypocrites I've seen on the internet. You guys are even worst then the COD fanboys. 

GTA is years older than Saints row and The Last of Us,(9 years older than saints row and 16 years oldern than TLOU).GTA revolutionised and defined the Openworld Genre.i dont like CoD but saints row is nowhere popular than CoD or GTA.and saints row is the stupidity of the openworld genre been a rip-off of San Andreas for the first two games and the third and four destroy the franchise.The Last of Us didnt even revolution or the horror genre like how Resident Evil did.and if you are not a GTA fanboy then why are you here?...GTFO then

GTA I didn't do sh*t. Only GTA III revolutionized open world gaming. How many games were in 3D that let you do sh*t outside the missions? I can't really think of any. GTA IV didn't do sh*t either. Just turn GTA into HD. That really doesn't revolutionized gaming. Saints Row 1 and 2 were their own game. People called it a rip off or clone of SA and they didn't like that and wanted to prove you guys wrong. You know what happen? GTA fanboys ruin SR. TLOU was is something different. There's a reason why so many love TLOU. That's why it has more than 40 GOTY awards than GTA V. Many games let you play as more than one protagonist. Nothing new there. 

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:04 AM Edited by SmoothGTA, 30 December 2013 - 05:09 AM.

@ColdHearted

Your little peanut brain clearly isn't capable of understanding what's wrong with the game, that's what I was explaining to you before but you lack the intelligence to dissect and comprehend what was and will be said, you're a super fanboy, you said you're happy as long as there are "improved graphics, new cities, new characters, new story, new cop AI" which basically means you'll be forever happy with GTA no matter what. A fanboy of pretty much any franchise can use what you said to defend the game they dickride, trying to speak sense into your peanut head is like trying to teach a cat algebra, never gonna happen.
You're hilarious.

When did I say that's all I needed? I said those were some reasons.

Some.

Reasons.

Lmao.

Not all. You probably only hear what you want to off the Internet as well.

By the way, I have gripes with the game and they can be found in my posts. But you can't read very well so I'll forgive you. I have zero problems with people who have issues with the game, but how am I supposed to communicate on a forum with people who are allergic to reading?

Also, using fanboy to insult me is really getting under my skin.

Lol, wait no it's not. We're on a FANsite remember? That's about as profound as me saying Cam Newton doesn't appear to understand English.

Charlotte?

Lmao, the f*ck?!
  • Osho likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:07 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 30 December 2013 - 01:08 AM.

@ColdHearted

SmoothGTA is a numbnuts. He shoots cops by the dozens and that is all he needs from GTA so of course it is his pussy on a pedestal...

Jesus, both of you guys can't read. Is reading such a hard thing to do on this forum? Like, seriously.

I like the game. I give it a 9/10. Let me guess, I'm a fanboy, right?

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:11 AM

^Yes. Yes you are. ;)

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

@ColdHearted

You're hilarious.

When did I say that's all I needed? I said those were some reasons.

Some.

Reasons.

Lmao.

Not all. You probably only hear what you want to off the Internet as well.

By the way, I have gripes with the game and they can be found in my posts. But you can't read very well so I'll forgive you. I have zero problems with people who have issues with the game, but how am I supposed to communicate on a forum with people who are allergic to reading?

Also, using fanboy to insult me is really getting under my skin.

Lol, wait no it's not. We're on a FANsite remember? That's about as profound as me saying Cam Newton doesn't appear to understand English. Charlotte? Lmao, the f*ck?!

You probably only hear what you want to off the internet

Oh and I buy new GTA's when they come out for obvious reasons. You know, stuff like improved graphics, new cities, new characters, new story, new cop AI for me to dominate.

You did stat this. He said what you did say. You didn't say anything else besides this. Talking about I can't read lol you can't read your own sh*t. 

@Masterfocker 

You come in and defend GTA V for anything. Even if its just a opinion. Let me guess you're going to write another essay quoting this. Not everyone has time to read all of it. This isn't high school its a forum. Keep things short and neat. We understand once in a while you write a essay on here but not 2/3 posts you make. 

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:18 AM Edited by Edward-Is-A-Flunky45, 30 December 2013 - 01:23 AM.

As a guy who also played GTA since the first one, I totally agree with you. GTA V has bugs and flaws like every game does. But I'm very happy that they changed a lot of things that always used to bug me when I used to play the past GTA games, I play GTA Online sometimes, it's awesome, but I preffer playing DotA 2 and Counter Strike GO. I just hope that they change some stuff here and there and also a bigger story. Next-gen GTA will be awesome. I'm ready to play another Dan Houser story. I love his stories.

EDIT: I see some people complaning about people defending GTA V in a GTA Fansite... Why do you complain though, it is a fansite, don't expect people to see flaws in their favorite game. 

Also, redx, it's ok if you didn't enjoy the game as much as the majority did, but you don't need to keep showing that off to everyone, like seriously, you're just trying to make people yell and not contributing with the discussion at all.

• jamieleng and SmoothGetaway like this

Thegutang
  • Thegutang

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:20 AM Edited by Thegutang, 30 December 2013 - 01:21 AM.

@ColdHearted

Jesus, both of you guys can't read. Is reading such a hard thing to do on this forum? Like, seriously.

Yeah, I  am a fan of all that the series has accomplished but V is a 7.5 tops..

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:21 AM

You did stat this. He said what you did say. You didn't say anything else besides this. Talking about I can't read lol you can't read your own sh*t. 

@Masterfocker 

You come in and defend GTA V for anything. Even if its just a opinion. Let me guess you're going to write another essay quoting this. Not everyone has time to read all of it. This isn't high school its a forum. Keep things short and neat. We understand once in a while you write a essay on here but not 2/3 posts you make. 

He did not say that. He said, and I quote "Oh and I buy new GTA's when they come out for obvious reasons. You know, stuff like improved graphics, new cities, new characters, new story, new cop AI for me to dominate."

Nowhere in that is "I buy GTA for only these reasons". ColdHearted is just stupid and has no reading comprehension whatsoever.

Oh, and you can't read. Well, you can, but only what you want to, as shown in my one post to you last page. You know which one.

And I defend GTA for anything? Oh really?

I mean, I've defended GTA 5 for the story so much that even I admitted it sucks!

I mean, I've defended GTA 5 so much that I agree that they missed out on possibilities with a lot of things!

Also, other things, but I've made my point.

Seriously, you gotta know what you're talking about before talking about it.

SonOfLiberty: 1368215696954.jpg

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:24 AM Edited by SmoothGTA, 30 December 2013 - 01:25 AM.

@redx165

I said 'stuff like'.

Because I'm not going to list every single f*cking reason. Why would I when geniuses like you wouldn't be able to understand a thing I wrote?

Nice try, but you definitely still can't read

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:27 AM

@ColdHearted

'Yeah', I'm a fanboy, or 'yeah', just to start the sentence?

TheGoldenJew
  • TheGoldenJew

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:29 AM

STOP ARGUING ON MY THREAD. MODSSSS!!!!! Don't lock the thread just issue a warning.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:29 AM

@Masterfocker 

He did not say that. He said, and I quote "Oh and I buy new GTA's when they come out for obvious reasons. You know, stuff like improved graphics, new cities, new characters, new story, new cop AI for me to dominate."

Nowhere in that is "I buy GTA for only these reasons". ColdHearted is just stupid and has no reading comprehension whatsoever.

Oh, and you can't read. Well, you can, but only what you want to, as shown in my one post to you last page. You know which one.

I mean, I've defended GTA 5 for the story so much that even I admitted it sucks!

I mean, I've defended GTA 5 so much that I agree that they missed out on possibilities with a lot of things!

Does it say I buy GTA games for other reasons besides that? Nope. He posted the reason he buys GTA and doesn't say anything like more or etc... Only those things. 

Could of said "Oh and I buy new GTA's when they come out for obvious reasons. You know, stuff like improved graphics, new cities, new characters, new story, new cop AI for me to dominate and other cool new sh*t. 

I know he's going to get mad ( Not you master ) for his misleading text he wrote. Hope he knows next time to proofread before pretending he's all smart. ( once again not you master )

Back to you master. I even stated sh*t like I don't like the activities in this game and even said it was my opinion and yet you came in here defending something I personal said I myself don't like. 

TheGoldenJew
  • TheGoldenJew

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:30 AM

we all like GTA if you don't you are a commie bastard lets all agree.
  • SmoothGetaway likes this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

By the half dozen.

Join the illiterate club, you're in good company.

Oh and making fun of a guy who enjoys killing cops in a GTA game...logic at its finest.

Thegutang
  • Thegutang

Rat

• Members

@ColdHearted

'Yeah', I'm a fanboy, or 'yeah', just to start the sentence?

Yeah, you got a problem with that!? DICK-SHARD!!!

JonesyRogers
  • JonesyRogers

DonnyZingFarka

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:33 AM

Wow, this is almost as bad as the spunikmusic community

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:33 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 30 December 2013 - 01:34 AM.

@Masterfocker 

Does it say I buy GTA games for other reasons besides that? Nope. He posted the reason he buys GTA and doesn't say anything like more or etc... Only those things. 

Could of said "Oh and I buy new GTA's when they come out for obvious reasons. You know, stuff like improved graphics, new cities, new characters, new story, new cop AI for me to dominate and other cool new sh*t. 

I know he's going to get mad ( Not you master ) for his misleading text he wrote. Hope he knows next time to proofread before pretending he's all smart. ( once again not you master )

Back to you master. I even stated sh*t like I don't like the activities in this game and even said it was my opinion and yet you came in here defending something I personal said I myself don't like. 

AND STUFF LIKE

This^^^^ makes it so it's not the only reasons. It's some stuff. He's not the one that needs to proofread.

You went on his reasons and posted your opinions. I then did the same thing to you. You did the exact same thing I did with your post, to his post.

Thegutang: Alrighty then.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:35 AM

I really don't want to lock this thread, but if some peoples' attitudes keep going on like they are warnings will be issued. Better yet just take it to PM.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:36 AM Edited by SmoothGTA, 30 December 2013 - 01:38 AM.

I don't think bolding and underlining will solve the root issue of being illiterate and unable to understand context, etc.

But I appreciate your efforts all the same MasterFocker, I'm over it.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:36 AM Edited by redx165, 30 December 2013 - 02:03 AM.

@Masterfocker 

AND STUFF LIKE

This^^^^ makes it so it's not the only reasons. It's some stuff. He's not the one that needs to proofread.

You went on his reasons and posted your opinions. I then did the same thing to you. You did the exact same thing I did with your post, to his post.

Some stuff? How much is some? 2? 3? 4 or 5? Yes he does need to proofread.

I want some cookies? What do people usually give them? Usually 4 or 5 cause that's some. He needs proofreading cause he did stat that amount of numbers.  

I didn't post my opinion on him in this topic. Just pointing out his flawed fanboy likings of the game. 

Every GTA game has the same sh*t in it he mention. 

TheGoldenJew
  • TheGoldenJew

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:37 AM

I really don't want to lock this thread, but if some peoples' attitudes keep going on like they are warnings will be issued. Better yet just take it to PM.

as a favor can you just issue warnings. i feel that my first thread should not end like this.

Thegutang
  • Thegutang

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:40 AM

Ok people smarten up (myself included)!

I tend to play GTA forums like I do GTA Online...

You really cant take any of this stuff seriously when people are being raped and killed every second IRL...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users