A Long Time GTA Veterans Opinion on The New Game

134 replies to this topic
SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

It's only a retirement sim if the player makes it that way.

I kill cops by the half dozen. Each to their own, but it's not JUST a golf or yoga game.
  • Gameassassin1020, StarFyer, John Smith and 1 other like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

Been playing GTA since GTA2 and I agree with you OP.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

Wow it cool seeing the GTA aborigins,the people that played the original game 16years ago.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

I kill cops by the half dozen. Each to their own, but it's not JUST a golf or yoga game.

Exactly. It's a sandbox. You take the tools they give you and make your own game. Or go online and make your own game with your friends. 

If people can't use their imagination and use the game's features, it's not the game for them. The game isn't broken if you're just not using your imagination. 

• Gameassassin1020, TaviColen123 and TheGoldenJew like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:29 PM

Exactly

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:41 PM Edited by TaviColen123, 29 December 2013 - 10:42 PM.

Thegutang, on 29 Dec 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:Thegutang, on 29 Dec 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

Like one person said, GTAV focuses too much on the wrong things.

Instead of being a game about working your way up from a street scrub to owning/managing a criminal empire, it is basically a retirement simulator. Get rich and spend your remaining days driving aimlessly around in your toys, playing golf and doing yoga.  BORING.

Yes it would have been more interesting if they sh*tted out the same formula, let me guess you are a COD fan and buy every edition right ?

• TheGoldenJew likes this

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:45 PM Edited by ColdHearted, 29 December 2013 - 10:45 PM.

I killed cops by the half dozen in GTA 1, 2, London, 3, LCS, VC, VCS, SA, IV, TBOGT, TLAD, AND V, if that's all you care about doing why do you even bother getting a new GTA? Just admit you're a R* fanboy, you cant think for yourself, you're nothinig but a sheep.

• Showstopper 26 likes this

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

@ColdHearted

I think SmoothGTA is in accordance with your thinking.

He's suggesting that GTA V is not a retirement sim, it's down to your imagination. Its a sandbox, and you make it the game you want to enjoy.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:55 PM Edited by SmoothGTA, 29 December 2013 - 10:57 PM.

@Cold Hearted

Lol what?

Yeah, no sh*t I'm a fan. I'm on a f*cking fan site devoted to talking about the games.

Oh and I buy new GTA's when they come out for obvious reasons. You know, stuff like improved graphics, new cities, new characters, new story, new cop AI for me to dominate.

I'm kind of surprised you're forcing me to explain this sh*t.

Also, I'm a sheep? Lmao, ok whatever you say :cool:
  • G.S.T and TaviColen123 like this

SHARKEM
  • SHARKEM

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:06 PM

this game is so awesome that every little imperfection is like an axe to the balls.

definitive review right there.

• stobe187 and TheGoldenJew like this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

Welcome to forum mate  :^:

As you'll have observed from the first response you got, this forum has become known as one of the biggest targets on the internet for the kids and trolls to set up camp (you'll start to figure out who the usual culprits are), so it's great and very welcoming to see more genuine and positive guys join this circus.

I've been playing GTA since '99, when my best friend at the time gave me 'chipped' copies of GTA 1 + 2 for the PS1. I'll never forget the first time I learned you could run people over, and that squishing sound! :lol:

Never looked back since, and every main title in the series just gets better and better, a rarity in anything these days.

Don't agree. This is the worst game Rockstar has ever developed/published. They are now the masters of the cut and gut.

I always see you posting the same thing over and over again, but you never posted anything that would substantiate your point. How is V the worst Rockstar game yet, and how are they the masters of "the cut and gut"? Sometimes I wonder if you are even serious about it, and not just trolling.

He's trolling mate. Time the mods brought down the ban hammer on this cretin.

I'm a long time player of GTA, I also played the original back in 97. 

I would say I'm a hardcore GTA fan, and have played through III. VC, San An, IV and the original top downs, losing hours and hours of time to it. Thousands of hours. 

I think V is the perfect progression from IV, and it really does well at shaking off the cartoonish legacy of San An, while also developing the maturity of IV. It's, in my opinion, the best GTA yet. But that's just my opinion, and I know already that a lot of people disagree. But that's all part of the fun. 

:^:

• Andreas, TaviColen123 and TheGoldenJew like this

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

@Cold Hearted

Lol what?

Yeah, no sh*t I'm a fan. I'm on a f*cking fan site devoted to talking about the games.

Oh and I buy new GTA's when they come out for obvious reasons. You know, stuff like improved graphics, new cities, new characters, new story, new cop AI for me to dominate.

Improve Graphics - ( Graphics don't even make a game great )

New Cities - Liberty City IV felt great and new against III Liberty City. Los Santos sure its a better version than SA still doesn't feel like a new city.

New Characters - That I can't disagree with

New Story - I can't disagree with you

New Cop AI - What new AI? The only difference is they give them auto aim compared to the older GTA games which the cops couldn't even hit a rock if they tried to. They're not even walking on the street or driving around. 

GTA V hardly has any criminal activities vs older GTA games. SA, VC, III had way more criminal activities. I don't mind some of the regular activities but at least give a decent amount of crime activities. You get hardly any good rewards for completing them. Business is a joke in this game and worst then IV annoying friend system. Money is a joke in this game and you get 90% at the end of the game. You get the good guns already unlocked before you finish half of the game. 

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:17 PM

Hey redx165 guess what?

I don't give a sh*t what you think about my opinion.
  • TaviColen123 likes this

JonesyRogers
  • JonesyRogers

DonnyZingFarka

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

I guess you can say I'm somewhat of a "veteran." 

Been playing since GTA III, which probably for most people is nothing at all

• PIOCapacitor and TheGoldenJew like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

It is bro,it the first 3D GTA and it 12 years old,so that a long time.even though GTA 1 (1997) was a long time.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:30 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 29 December 2013 - 11:31 PM.

@Cold Hearted

Lol what?

New Cities - Liberty City IV felt great and new against III Liberty City. Los Santos sure its a better version than SA still doesn't feel like a new city.

New Cop AI - What new AI? The only difference is they give them auto aim compared to the older GTA games which the cops couldn't even hit a rock if they tried to. They're not even walking on the street or driving around. 

GTA V hardly has any criminal activities vs older GTA games. SA, VC, III had way more criminal activities. I don't mind some of the regular activities but at least give a decent amount of crime activities. You get hardly any good rewards for completing them. Business is a joke in this game and worst then IV annoying friend system. Money is a joke in this game and you get 90% at the end of the game. You get the good guns already unlocked before you finish half of the game. 

-So don't get a PS4 then. I mean, graphics don't matter, right?

-Doesn't matter if it doesn't feel like an new city (Lol what? What does that even mean?), it's still a new city.

-Yup

-Yup

-What new AI? Oh, I don't know, maybe the LoS mechanic? The trying to bash you off the road mechanic? (I don't care about how it's not a completely smooth and balanced mechanic. It's still a mechanic) The cops don't just chase you through a random circle. They're much more realistic.

ColdHearted: Lolwat? Don't start bringing your stupid from the Gangster topic here please. You're capable of discussion; take advantage of it.

• jamieleng, SmoothGetaway and TaviColen123 like this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

Hey redx165 guess what?

Just tell him you think Xbox is better than Playstation, and his subsequent rage will hopefully get him a few days vacation.

Just to add also op: there are certainly a share of genuine complainers who can put forward their concerns in a civil and constructive manner, so don't feel like you can't show any criticism. I've been defending this game like some conqueror on a global mission of domination ever since its release, but I still have my minor grievances here and there. Still the best GTA yet though  :r*:

• jamieleng, SmoothGetaway and TaviColen123 like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:32 PM

@RedX156

Graphics don't make a game? Your signature and your favourite game say the contrary, just the take the graphics out from TLoU.

• SmoothGetaway likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:33 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 29 December 2013 - 11:33 PM.

Hey redx165 guess what?

Just tell him you think Xbox is better than Playstation, and his subsequent rage will hopefully get him a few days vacation.

Just to add also op: there are certainly a share of genuine complainers who can put forward their concerns in a civil and constructive manner, so don't feel like you can't show any criticism. I've been defending this game like some conqueror on a global mission of domination ever since its release, but I still have my minor grievances here and there. Still the best GTA yet though  :r*:

You shouldn't have to tell him that. Everyone knows it. I mean, it's common sense that Xbox just beats Playstation in every single way possible!

And I'm in the same boat as you. I have been labeled a fanboy more times than I can count. And it's stupid, because most of the times they say I call the game "perfect", when I have never done that. Just gotta wade through the stupid to get to the real discussions and valid complaints.

JonesyRogers
  • JonesyRogers

DonnyZingFarka

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:33 PM Edited by JonesyRogers, 29 December 2013 - 11:34 PM.

It is bro,it the first 3D GTA and it 12 years old,so that a long time.even though GTA 1 (1997) was a long time.

Oh okay, lol. Yeah my cousin played the game when he was younger and he ended up giving it to me and I just played it secretly when my parents were out of the house lol

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:37 PM Edited by redx165, 29 December 2013 - 11:41 PM.

@Cold Hearted

Lol what?

-Doesn't matter if it doesn't feel like an new city (Lol what? What does that even mean?), it's still a new city.

-Yup

-Yup

-What new AI? Oh, I don't know, maybe the LoS mechanic? The trying to bash you off the road mechanic? (I don't care about how it's not a completely smooth and balanced mechanic. It's still a mechanic) The cops don't just chase you through a random circle. They're much more realistic.

ColdHearted: Lolwat? Don't start bringing your stupid from the Gangster topic here please. You're capable of discussion; take advantage of it.

What's the point in spending more money on the same system then? This isn't the Xbox One. If game can't even run 1080p on a $400 and $500 system then why buy it? A PS3 and 360 can do it.

You mean the cops getting turbo and barely hitting and you lose so much control. How is that a great mechanic? 

@ Nick Bellic Half Life yep cause a console that can't even run 1080p on a suppose next gen system is better than one that can ( God I hate you fanboys ). As time goes on you will see Xbox One get left behind while the PS4 will be shining ahead. What are consoles famous for? Playing games at a decent frame rate and graphics. They won't beat a PC. They're just a lesser PC that plays games and movies. A all in one entertainment is a PC. 

@ Tenaxe So my favorite game is GTA SA and Star Wars Battlefront 2 ( Can't wait for Star Wars Battlefront for PS4 ) but I don't really talk about it since it isn't a game about Single Player just the instant action. RDR a close second to GTA SA. TLOU behind RDR. The link to my signature was to prove all the Xbox fanboys saying V would look better on 360. Well they got proved wrong. If you take the graphics out of TLOU is still is a great game. The story, gameplay ( Stealth is the key in the game ), and the level layouts for all their maps. 

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:43 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 29 December 2013 - 11:45 PM.

@Cold Hearted

Lol what?

-Yup

-Yup

What's the point in spending more money on the same system then? This isn't the Xbox One. If game can't even run 1080p on a $400 and $500 system then why buy it? A PS3 and 360 can do it.

You mean the cops getting turbo and barely hitting and you lose so much control. How is that a great mechanic? 

@ Nick Bellic Half Life yep cause a console that can't even run 1080p on a suppose next gen system is better than one that can ( God I hate you fanboys ). As time goes on you will see Xbox One get left behind while the PS4 will be shining ahead. What are consoles famous for? Playing games at a decent frame rate and graphics. They won't beat a PC. They're just a lesser PC that plays games and movies. A all in one entertainment is a PC. 

Oh my God, I don't think you even read my post...

Exactly my point. Why spend money on a next-gen console if graphics don't matter? I mean, the PS4 and Xbox One are basically the PS3 and 360 with a couple new features and much improved hardware. But, I mean, since graphics don't matter to you, then there's no reason to get them! Especially since there's like no games out for either of them.

Guess what? Graphics do matter. Everything matters in a video game. If graphics didn't matter, then we wouldn't have companies spending millions of dollars on graphics engines alone. Graphics do matter.

I literally said in my comment: "(I don't care about how it's not a completely smooth and balanced mechanic. It's still a mechanic)"

So why did you tell me how it's not completely smooth and balanced?

And with the Xbox One thing: Uh, yeah, it does do 1080p 60 FPS. I mean, the fanboy in you wouldn't know that, but it does.

Oh, and launch games mean nothing. Look at Oblivion. Then look at Skyrim. Same system. Give the consoles more than a month or 2, yeah?

And I find your "God I hate fanboys" comment quite ironic. Not only was he being sarcastic to get you mad (Which you did, because you went full fanboy), but then you declare hate for yourself. Oh boy...

• SmoothGetaway likes this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:46 PM

Don't agree. This is the worst game Rockstar has ever developed/published. They are now the masters of the cut and gut.

Yet you are constantly on the GTA V section, using a GTA V picture, and using a GTA V signature. Yep. Much logic in that.

• PulpFiction likes this

Gameassassin1020
  • Gameassassin1020

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:47 PM

@Cold Hearted

Lol what?

-Yup

-Yup

@ Tenaxe So my favorite game is GTA SA and Star Wars Battlefront 2 ( Can't wait for Star Wars Battlefront for PS4 ) but I don't really talk about it since it isn't a game about Single Player just the instant action. RDR a close second to GTA SA. TLOU behind RDR. The link to my signature was to prove all the Xbox fanboys saying V would look better on 360. Well they got proved wrong. If you take the graphics out of TLOU is still is a great game. The story, gameplay ( Stealth is the key in the game ), and the level layouts for all their maps. 

You are very...very wrong. If you took the graphics out of many games then you would be lacking in details. Details that tell you how sad or mad some one is. These are thing not visible when working with stiff polygons.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:53 PM Edited by redx165, 29 December 2013 - 11:53 PM.

@Cold Hearted

Lol what?

-Yup

-Yup

You are very...very wrong. If you took the graphics out of many games then you would be lacking in details. Details that tell you how sad or mad some one is. These are thing not visible when working with stiff polygons.

Yet when you focus too much on graphics you lose in the gameplay. 

You know what I find funny is GTA fanboys tell SR fanboys that they got better graphics and story while SR says they have better gameplay while GTA Fanboys tell TLOU fanboys that graphics don't matter and neither does story and its about the gameplay. GTA fanboys are the biggest hypocrites I've seen on the internet. You guys are even worst then the COD fanboys. 

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:54 PM Edited by ColdHearted, 29 December 2013 - 11:55 PM.

@ColdHearted

I think SmoothGTA is in accordance with your thinking.

He's suggesting that GTA V is not a retirement sim, it's down to your imagination. Its a sandbox, and you make it the game you want to enjoy.

I guess I can pretend I'm a magical shapeshifting unicorn in human form driving a car around an empty map, FUNZ or I can play golf, FUNZ, or or wait for it... I can do yoga, so innovative, so amazing, wow imagination land, GTA V FUNZZZ, yaaaay.

@Cold Hearted

Lol what?

You buy the game for, "improved graphics, new cities, new characters, new story, new cop AI" ...........I guess there isn't any point arguing with you how can I deafeat that, who would've expected we would get all those shiny new things in a new GTA V, I wonder if they're gonna make a new city, with new characters and a new story in GTA 6? I wonder if they're going to imrove the A.I and the graphics for PS4/XBONE, if it does how can I complain?< FANBOY LOGIC.

Hey redx165 guess what?

This is exactly what I would expect from a fanboy, a childish attitude, what you just said is akin to a child or mantally disabled adult covering their ears and shouting 'na na na na naaa I can't hear you' you're a wierdo.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:04 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 30 December 2013 - 12:07 AM.

You buy the game for, "improved graphics, new cities, new characters, new story, new cop AI" ...........I guess there isn't any point arguing with you how can I deafeat that, who would've expected we would get all those shiny new things in a new GTA V, I wonder if they're gonna make a new city, with new characters and a new story in GTA 6? I wonder if they're going to imrove the A.I and the graphics for PS4/XBONE, if it does how can I complain?< FANBOY LOGIC.

...What?

You are literally making 0 sense. How in the Holy Hell is that fanboy logic?

:miranda:

redx: Ok? No one said anything about focusing too much on graphics. Oh, and it's not always a bad thing. BF4, Mirror's Edge, L.A. Noire, etc. All great graphics with equally, if not better, gameplay.

You just said that graphics do not matter, which is not true, and we're trying to tell you that.

TheGoldenJew
  • TheGoldenJew

The One and hopefully Only.

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

Lets all get along here. Here is my opinion. Xbox runs better. As in FPS. I have an HDPVR that shows FPS for both PS3 and XBOX. PS3 looks slightly better,but its FPS is lower. Remember Mafia 2? Not to start sh*t, but that is second to anything other than gta 5 in terms of taxing the consoles performance wise. Look at GTA 4. Imagine if GTA 5 LOOKED JUST LIKE F*UCKING GTA4. would you all be arguing about which system graphics looks less like a murky mess? probably. Lets all just agree that GTA 5 is better than 4,and runs better, and we can all get along and provide CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM to each other about what can make the game better. Thanks.
Lets all get along here. Here is my opinion. Xbox runs better. As in FPS. I have an HDPVR that shows FPS for both PS3 and XBOX. PS3 looks slightly better,but its FPS is lower. Remember Mafia 2? Not to start sh*t, but that is second to anything other than gta 5 in terms of taxing the consoles performance wise. Look at GTA 4. Imagine if GTA 5 LOOKED JUST LIKE F*UCKING GTA4. would you all be arguing about which system graphics looks less like a murky mess? probably. Lets all just agree that GTA 5 is better than 4,and runs better, and we can all get along and provide CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM to each other about what can make the game better. Thanks.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

Constructive criticism? Get your logic out of this place! No blind hater wants to do constructive criticism! Who do you think people on here are? Smart? Mature? Pffft.

Have fun with that. Some people do constructive criticism (Official General...most of the time), but the vast, vast majority don't. Just ask ColdHearted about his "fanboy logic" and AtomicPunk about his issues with the lawnmower.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

@Cold Hearted

Lol what?

-Yup

-Yup

Yet when you focus too much on graphics you lose in the gameplay. 

You know what I find funny is GTA fanboys tell SR fanboys that they got better graphics and story while SR says they have better gameplay while GTA Fanboys tell TLOU fanboys that graphics don't matter and neither does story and its about the gameplay. GTA fanboys are the biggest hypocrites I've seen on the internet. You guys are even worst then the COD fanboys. 

GTA is years older than Saints row and The Last of Us,(9 years older than saints row and 16 years oldern than TLOU).GTA revolutionised and defined the Openworld Genre.i dont like CoD but saints row is nowhere popular than CoD or GTA.and saints row is the stupidity of the openworld genre been a rip-off of San Andreas for the first two games and the third and four destroy the franchise.The Last of Us didnt even revolution or the horror genre like how Resident Evil did.and if you are not a GTA fanboy then why are you here?...GTFO then

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users