Photo

A Long Time GTA Veterans Opinion on The New Game

134 replies to this topic
TheGoldenJew
  • TheGoldenJew

The One and hopefully Only.

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

Hello. I am new to the fourm so please go easy on me. After reading multiple articles on here, I came o the conclusion of speaking my mind about the new (well mostly new) GTA game. Its great. Yes,Bugs. But do you want a great game or do you want to sit and sulk about the little things that spike your blood pressure and get your OCD tendencies starting again. I like the lens flare, I like that it doesn't look like a murky mess or a swamp like GTA 4. I like the depth of the characters, and i like cruising around the city sticking bombs to old senior citizens or cartel members that respond negatively to me flipping the bird at them. Its a great game, you cant deny it. Sure, after 2and a half+ hours of playing it the FPS drops below 20 when driving around a busy city street with multiple NPC's moving about. Sure, the police keep searching after you are completly out of view for what seems like hours even if you are on a one star level. Sure the sensitivity cant go to a crazy high like in COD when you are trying to hit that 360 noscope hitmarker whatever shot on your friend with a Barrett from a whole 20 yards away,but thats what makes it GTA!!! So what if there isn't a PC version, for what i have thought, is that since the xbone and ps4 run on an x86 architecture, if R* makes a pc, they would just have to decompile the files onto a blueray disc and ship it out and make another half a million (not really from next gen because it came out but you get the point((and r* made over a bil from gta 5 already)). We all have our complaints and dislikes,but us veterans have wadded through the the issues for 15+ years and i am still very happy with what R* produces. Don't ask them to be perfect, because you bought the game, and they are making more than 5 of the big scores combined in over a month from revenue. Sorry for my rant, i just wanted to get it out there. Feedback would be nice.
  • Failure, Gameassassin1020, Th3MaN1 and 11 others like this

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

Don't agree. This is the worst game Rockstar has ever developed/published. They are now the masters of the cut and gut.
  • greenthumbzup and TheGoldenJew like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

Damn bro,so you actually play the Original GTA in 1997?..Big repect to you bro.

TheGoldenJew
  • TheGoldenJew

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

yes,but not sure if it was 1997. more into fallout
can you give me some reasons why. showstopper?
  • pilscy likes this

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

I've played every GTA since the first one on PS1 and I love GTAV. It's great. It's not perfect but none of them have ever been perfect.

• DeafMetal, spongebob83 and TheGoldenJew like this

TheGoldenJew
  • TheGoldenJew

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

the first 3d one or the 2d one? can i respond directly to a post? i am new here

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

the first 3d one or the 2d one? can i respond directly to a post? i am new here

Click "quote" in the bottom right of the post you would like to reply to.

• TheGoldenJew likes this

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

@TheGoldenJew that's a well written opinion dude especially for a long GTA fan like you.

@Showstopper 26
You're just a salty butthurt fa**ot who keeps constantly bashing the game to the point where it's getting ridiculous thus making you look like a tool.Dont know if you're trolling or not but If you don't like the game then either don't play it or come up with sensible opinions rather than "this is the worst game R* has ever published" pathetic.
  • DeafMetal, Bonnano, TaviColen123 and 1 other like this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Welcome to the forums dude.

I mostly agree with your post, I'm able to overlook the physics downgrade (my biggest gripe) because it's GTA.

Showstopper is a troll. He'll say it's his opinion and yeah he's entitled to it. But he basically goes into every thread to say the same thing over and over.
  • JRAD, TaviColen123 and TheGoldenJew like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

It cool to see Fan that have play GTA 1 back in 1997 and have followed it evolution from 2d cartonish graphics to Hd graphics.and it also my respect to the OP,not only being an old fan of this Legend Franchise but also for what he said.btw i started with the HD Generation(Era) of the series

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

Don't agree. This is the worst game Rockstar has ever developed/published. They are now the masters of the cut and gut.

I always see you posting the same thing over and over again, but you never posted anything that would substantiate your point. How is V the worst Rockstar game yet, and how are they the masters of "the cut and gut"? Sometimes I wonder if you are even serious about it, and not just trolling.
  • JRAD, PreciousWall, Matty and 8 others like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

Welcome to the forums dude.

I mostly agree with your post, I'm able to overlook the physics downgrade (my biggest gripe) because it's GTA.

Showstopper is a troll. He'll say it's his opinion and yeah he's entitled to it. But he basically goes into every thread to say the same thing over and over.

I notice that aswell bro.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

I'm also a long term vet of GTA.
This game they focused on too many of the wrong things. It's as simple at that.
  • kj2022, Thegutang and TheGoldenJew like this

TheGoldenJew
  • TheGoldenJew

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

I am on my Iphone (pefer android but wht are you going to do) so i will try my best.
i personaly like all gta games. Some have a deeper place in my heart than others. I think GTA 5 is a improvement at the finest from GTA 4 in the HD Universe. I also love all the Fallouts.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

I'm a long time player of GTA, I also played the original back in 97. 

I would say I'm a hardcore GTA fan, and have played through III. VC, San An, IV and the original top downs, losing hours and hours of time to it. Thousands of hours. 

I think V is the perfect progression from IV, and it really does well at shaking off the cartoonish legacy of San An, while also developing the maturity of IV. It's, in my opinion, the best GTA yet. But that's just my opinion, and I know already that a lot of people disagree. But that's all part of the fun. 

• Gameassassin1020, John Smith, Gta_V_Fan_101 and 1 other like this

TheGoldenJew
  • TheGoldenJew

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

funny,coming from a guy who's profile picture and picture at the bottom of each post relates directly to the game he hates.
  • JRAD and TaviColen123 like this

TheGoldenJew
  • TheGoldenJew

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

I would say I'm a hardcore GTA fan, and have played through III. VC, San An, IV and the original top downs, losing hours and hours of time to it. Thousands of hours.

I think V is the perfect progression from IV, and it really does well at shaking off the cartoonish legacy of San An, while also developing the maturity of IV. It's, in my opinion, the best GTA yet. But that's just my opinion, and I know already that a lot of people disagree. But that's all part of the fun.

I have also lost countless hours in The GTA series, and have watched it evolved over the years. GTA 5 in my opinion is R* brilliantly fixing what was already great in San Andreas, and letting the current gen consoles end with a bang. More like a nuclear blast in my eyes.
  • Fuzzknuckles, Gameassassin1020 and Bonnano like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

@Showstopper
I remember you bro,when i just joined and my first thread what you said what completely arrogant and rude bro,tbh you should be ashamed of yourself,The OP was a Fan since the First game back in 1997 which had 2d graphics and top-down graphics,you here saying sh*t just because you started with the 3rd Generation of the Series(GTA 4,TLaD,TBoGT,CTW and GTA 5).your are nothing but a troll,if you are grown up then f*cking cope on
  • TaviColen123 and TheGoldenJew like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:11 PM

Keep it civil guys, this is an interesting thread, I don't want to lock it. 

TheGoldenJew
  • TheGoldenJew

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:11 PM

@Showstopper
I remember you bro,when i just joined and my first thread what you said what completely arrogant and rude bro,tbh you should be ashamed of yourself,The OP was a Fan since the First game back in 1997 which had 2d graphics and top-down graphics,you here saying sh*t just because you started with the 3rd Generation of the Series(GTA 4,TLaD,TBoGT,CTW and GTA 5).your are nothing but a troll,if you are grown up then f*cking cope on

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:17 PM

I have also lost countless hours in The GTA series, and have watched it evolved over the years. GTA 5 in my opinion is R* brilliantly fixing what was already great in San Andreas, and letting the current gen consoles end with a bang. More like a nuclear blast in my eyes.

As an a Legendary Fan of a Legendary Franchise,bro you make me inspire you tbh i am not being sarcastic,you are one of the wisest person i have seen this forum.bro i would love to play GTA 1 but i dont think it in market anymore 16 years ago,when it started Rockstar themselves didnt know it would be the biggest thing in the gaming industry and see what GTA 5 did with all the Success.I watch a document and it in there said GTA 1 was going to be cancel even before it came out.16 years later GTA is the 5th best selling game franchise of all time and the Dominant in it Genre,there is thdd term "GTA Clone"which shows how powerful a series can be.bro i salute you and you got all my respect

TheGoldenJew
  • TheGoldenJew

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

Sorry if my quotes are messed up, i am attempting to get the hang of it. Personally, what bothers me is when hiding from the police, it takes a while to lose the wanted level. Here is a story. I was beating a civie after he ran into my pimped out armored suv with his truck and completly took out the engine. After spraying his truck with around 70 rounds i had received a one star wanted level. To help me cope i had to kill this sh*t for ruining my car. I pulled him out and proceeded to kill him with a stun gun after pushing him and his truck into the ocean. This whole time, i had not once been spotted by the police and no other civies were around, but the HUD map remained blue/red and i still had one star. I saw a cruiser coming off of the boardwalk,but he had not seen me. i ran to hide under a tree and plenty of foliage and clicked the left stick(i am on xbox so if you play ps3 it is the stealth button). R* said if you hide in foliage and you arent in view of the police, you will loose the level in 30 seconds. The police kept running past my location almost every time spotting me but hadent yet, and my wanted star on the hud was blinking slowly. after 1 min 29 seconds it went away. It seems R* had intentionally put in the code that if the player was x' steps away from a police npc and had a star, the timer would add x" seconds for however long the cops were that close, that timer for loosing for cops would stop. I feel that they did this to piss us off.

JRAD
  • JRAD

Kult Leader

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

@Showstopper

The troll has been given enough rope now we can only hope he fashions a noose slips it over his head and takes the plunge

• Osho and TheGoldenJew like this

mambonutz
  • mambonutz

Northern Canuck

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

Been around since the 'isometric' days...lol

I agree with you...I wrote this a while back ;)

http://gtaforums.com...60-bucks-worth/

TheGoldenJew
  • TheGoldenJew

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:34 PM

Been around since the 'isometric' days...lol

I agree with you...I wrote this a while back ;)

http://gtaforums.com...60-bucks-worth/

Beautifully written. +1 for you. Very nice to see another veteran player who appreciates the sweat put into these types of games. You are very insightful of the type of people who moan and bitch on the threads. Nice to find a civilized person on here.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

Sorry if my quotes are messed up, i am attempting to get the hang of it. Personally, what bothers me is when hiding from the police, it takes a while to lose the wanted level. Here is a story. I was beating a civie after he ran into my pimped out armored suv with his truck and completly took out the engine. After spraying his truck with around 70 rounds i had received a one star wanted level. To help me cope i had to kill this sh*t for ruining my car. I pulled him out and proceeded to kill him with a stun gun after pushing him and his truck into the ocean. This whole time, i had not once been spotted by the police and no other civies were around, but the HUD map remained blue/red and i still had one star. I saw a cruiser coming off of the boardwalk,but he had not seen me. i ran to hide under a tree and plenty of foliage and clicked the left stick(i am on xbox so if you play ps3 it is the stealth button). R* said if you hide in foliage and you arent in view of the police, you will loose the level in 30 seconds. The police kept running past my location almost every time spotting me but hadent yet, and my wanted star on the hud was blinking slowly. after 1 min 29 seconds it went away. It seems R* had intentionally put in the code that if the player was x' steps away from a police npc and had a star, the timer would add x" seconds for however long the cops were that close, that timer for loosing for cops would stop. I feel that they did this to piss us off.

I personally think the Wanted system is an evolved version of GTA 4's Proximity Radius.:)

Thegutang
  • Thegutang

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

Like one person said, GTAV focuses too much on the wrong things.

Instead of being a game about working your way up from a street scrub to owning/managing a criminal empire, it is basically a retirement simulator. Get rich and spend your remaining days driving aimlessly around in your toys, playing golf and doing yoga.  BORING.

• mad_dog_robinson likes this

TheGoldenJew
  • TheGoldenJew

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

I personally think the Wanted system is an evolved version of GTA 4's Proximity Radius.:)

TheGoldenJew
  • TheGoldenJew

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

Like one person said, GTAV focuses too much on the wrong things.

Instead of being a game about working your way up from a street scrub to owning/managing a criminal empire, it is basically a retirement simulator. Get rich and spend your remaining days driving aimlessly around in your toys, playing golf and doing yoga. BORING.

You don't understand. This game was developed during 2008. What major economic events occurred during 2008-2010. The game was focused on the pursuit of the all mighty dollar. Sure, it could be a retirement sim if you played as michael and beat every mission and beat the game and didn't play online and wanted to be see the glass half full.

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:01 PM

Nice review. As a fellow "veteran", this is the first review I've seen on here that I agree with. This is the first game I've bought at full price that I feel was actually worth it. Is it perfection? No, but it's a damn good game. I've already put well over 150 hours into it on my first playthrough, and it's still got the replayability that I've come to expect from most of Rockstar's games.
  • Bonnano and TheGoldenJew like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users