Quantcast

» «
Photo

Would you carry on playing if Rockstar resets/ban you ?

51 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you carry on playing if Rockstar resets/ban you ? (152 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you continue playing if Rockstar bans/reset you ? (only for those that didn't hack)

1. Yes, I will keep playing. (39 votes [25.66%])

Percentage of vote: 25.66%

2. No, I'm done for good. (36 votes [23.68%])

Percentage of vote: 23.68%

3. I will take a long break and see if it's ever worth coming back. (77 votes [50.66%])

Percentage of vote: 50.66%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:15 PM

I would suggest everyone take pictures of their stats to send into Rockstar in case they mess up your levels/money. They always ask for proof through video or picture evidence.
  • WBaker likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

If they would reset my rank then I would leave this broken game for good. I'm on 73 at the moment and I'll probably leave it anyway when I hit 100. 

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

How are you going to play if you get banned? OP, stop.
But if I get reset, I may stick around. Don't have any other good games anyway...

make a new psn/xbl.

That really works best on the PS3; not really worth it on Xbox. Rebuying Live sucks. Lol

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

would be really, really, really pissed... would leave it indefinitely... 

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

I would suggest everyone take pictures of their stats to send into Rockstar in case they mess up your levels/money. They always ask for proof through video or picture evidence.

That is a very good idea if you have the patience to try your luck with the customer abuse department.

Probably futile, have they restored anyone's lost stats?

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

I assume everybody who is claiming to be "OK" on that money reset is a billionaire who already owns everything in the game?

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

If they reset cash and leave everything else, fine. If they reset cash and RP, I'd sell the game the next day.

If they reset cash and items and leave RP as is, I'd be a little ticked off, but would go forward with the game.  Again though if they reset RP, there's no way I'd continue.

rlr149
  • rlr149

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:38 PM Edited by rlr149, 29 December 2013 - 07:44 PM.

i'm currently not playing to avoid the god modders and stupid bounties etc.
i'll come back as and when these things are sorted. 

when you eventually f*ck a girl, wear a condom............. but if you don't, don't bitch to the rest of us you got aids because you stupidly didn't check first.

I think that comparison is a bit unfair given most people just go after a red dot on their screen...they don't take the time to check with Lester on how much the bounty is. In fact I didn't even know you could do that until fairly recently.

However, the poster talking about his plans to throw a temper tantrum if they don't get their way (keep the glitched money) is sadly pathetic. In which case, I would agree with your condom sentiment, if only to keep those genes out of humanity's pool. We have enough entitled dumb people as it is.

ignorance of something doesn't get you a 'free pass', install ios 7 and it waterproofs your iphone, how many free iphones do you think apple gave out too idiots who 'didn't know' it was bullsh*t........... i'm gonna say none.

also, more people need to read sun tzu, and R* need to reduce the amount of ammo carried......... might actually be some fun 'cat and mouse' combat instead of f*cking spamfests cos everyone has practically unlimited ammo.

SlammedSultanRS
  • SlammedSultanRS

Stoned beyond belief! connecticut FTW

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

if they reset my character and my garage or anything.... i might just have a new 60$ frisbee for my dog :]

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

I assume everybody who is claiming to be "OK" on that money reset is a billionaire who already owns everything in the game?

Yeah, hence the only reason for them to be talking about a reset...took you a minute didn't it ;-p

JaysonVoorhees
  • JaysonVoorhees

Antihero

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:55 PM Edited by JaysonVoorhees, 29 December 2013 - 07:55 PM.

Probably done for good. I don't think I will be reset though since I haven't hacked and my money hasn't changed. Just got a small level spike on my female character.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

Actually, maybe if they take my money, I will start over again. It'll be like GTAIII all over again. You start small, with nearly no cash and a dump for a safehouse. And gradually you get more money and more power until you own the city.

As it is now, I immediately bought the most luxurious apartment and ten sports cars. It's been sweet, but it also feels a bit dissatisfying.

cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Homie

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

I voted take a break, I would also contact Rockstar - if nothing can be done, then I am done with the online side of it.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

ignorance of something doesn't get you a 'free pass',

I can only agree that it is silly to argue for keeping glitched/hacked money. The other point is a bridge too far for me.

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

My Money is f*cked, I have negative 1Bil on my earned from jobs cash. I don't want a reset on my level, I would be highly upset if they did it. Money I could care less but if I was reset along with everyone else, I'd probably still play..  after a long break from it.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:20 PM

How are you going to play if you get banned? OP, stop.

So far it seems players get sent to the Cheater Pool, so that is what I generally mean by ban or reset.

But obviously, we still don't know how Rockstar will handle the hacked money situation with their upcoming patch, so they could finally get tough and actually ban them from online.

I will admit to this thread being based on speculation, but considering I have seen reports of apparently legit players getting banned due to carrying hacked money, then I don't really know where to stand on the issue. Guess we'll know if I was right or wrong when comes patch day :)

Evidently if in the case that the bans are permanent and get to issued to those that didn't hack/mod but carried hacked money, then it's an easy : "lol..f*ck this". Not like I'd have a choice anyway xD

Lol, ohhhh okay! Totally misunderstood you there for a second bro. (:

But yeahh.. patiently waiting my verdict. Really would be pissed if I got banned, but I'd understand. I mean, I did do the LSC glitch, but only did it up to 3 million. Lol.

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

R.I.P. in peace Aesthetic, you beautifully beta bastard you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:56 PM

If they reset my account, then I'll quit playing. If they reset my money, then I'll continue to keep playing.

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

After I've actually bought a cash card in the past, If I was banned I'd probably still play only if there were glitches and hacks available. I'd abuse the system seeing as I'm a supportive customer and I was still punished.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:05 PM Edited by G37, 29 December 2013 - 09:06 PM.

I have a long withstanding series of tickets open with their support for over 2 weeks now. I've received 1 generic response during that period. My reports have been detailed with the "proof" required. Got a notification (unrelated to any of my tickets) saying I was placed in the Cheater's Pool with no description as to why. I can say arming yourself with this support really doesn't do anything.

Money was reset (oh finally) and the duration is only 8 days. I believe it's real time, so it's not bad at all while I continue to appeal (likely won't even get a response until that time is up anyway). A break seems like the best option.

However, oddly enough I did a few missions in the pool last night and after backing out to Free Roam, I was no longer in there. I had no timer, I could join friends, etc. First noticed it when I was able to take off my Dunce Cap. Unfortunately, that lobby I first entered the first thing that happened - more gifted money.

Made yet another ticket asking what the hell is going on that probably will not be answered (they tend to view them often I've noticed but do not respond). In the mean time, I'll likely stick to Solo/Invite Only sessions occasionally while mostly taking a break.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

I have a long withstanding series of tickets open with their support for over 2 weeks now. I've received 1 generic response during that period. My reports have been detailed with the "proof" required. Got a notification (unrelated to any of my tickets) saying I was placed in the Cheater's Pool with no description as to why. I can say arming yourself with this support really doesn't do anything.

Money was reset (oh finally) and the duration is only 8 days. I believe it's real time, so it's not bad at all while I continue to appeal (likely won't even get a response until that time is up anyway). A break seems like the best option.

However, oddly enough I did a few missions in the pool last night and after backing out to Free Roam, I was no longer in there. I had no timer, I could join friends, etc. First noticed it when I was able to take off my Dunce Cap. Unfortunately, that lobby I first entered the first thing that happened - more gifted money.

Made yet another ticket asking what the hell is going on that probably will not be answered (they tend to view them often I've noticed but do not respond). In the mean time, I'll likely stick to Solo/Invite Only sessions occasionally while mostly taking a break.

lol this game is getting seriously messed up

halflegz
  • halflegz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

A money reset i can deal with. If they reset/delete my character i will be done with this game. I worked my way up to level 125 and there is no way in hell i would go through all that again.

I highly doubt im alone on this either.

This exactly this, the money reset i can deal with, but taking away the many hours grinding the game just for measely rp to achieve a level over 120+ is an absolute deal breaker.

K-lub84
  • K-lub84

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

Money reset I could handle.

If the take my rank 297,my garage, and my unlocked weapons, I will quit and never buy another game from R*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users