Quantcast

» «
Photo

Would you carry on playing if Rockstar resets/ban you ?

51 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you carry on playing if Rockstar resets/ban you ? (152 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you continue playing if Rockstar bans/reset you ? (only for those that didn't hack)

1. Yes, I will keep playing. (39 votes [25.66%])

Percentage of vote: 25.66%

2. No, I'm done for good. (36 votes [23.68%])

Percentage of vote: 23.68%

3. I will take a long break and see if it's ever worth coming back. (77 votes [50.66%])

Percentage of vote: 50.66%

Vote Guests cannot vote
StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:14 PM Edited by StewNorth, 29 December 2013 - 06:16 PM.

The poll is obviously targeted at the players that didn't use the DNS cheat or anything sort of hacks.

-Will it be a deal breaker for you, or will you muster the strength to carry on and endure the punishment despite your innocence?

-Would you even bother contacting Rockstar to plead your case?

Personally, I would just drop the game on that day. I really wish I could say I'd come back in a while if things look better but after getting my characters deleted at launch several times, having to deal with the buggy patches and now the hack mania...I think I will simply say thanks for whatever good times I managed to find inbetween and take my leave.

My last Rockstar related activity will certainly not involve me wasting hours arguing with a bot on their support website.

Besides, I don't enjoy playing progress-orientated online games only to have to keep restarting every couple of months. I know GTAO is essentially a buffed-up multiplayer game and nothing like MMOs like WoW, etc...but I couldn't imagine these companies managing to keep a health pool of players if they performed resets on their legit players constantly.

• henriquedematos and blackwolfred like this

deanstroyer
  • deanstroyer

West Side White Boy

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:17 PM

i voted long break, only thing that would bring me back would be a decent dlc

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

A money reset i can deal with. If they reset/delete my character i will be done with this game. I worked my way up to level 125 and there is no way in hell i would go through all that again.

I highly doubt im alone on this either.
  • henriquedematos, TeeJayyC, lilpokerface and 7 others like this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:21 PM Edited by blk95ta, 29 December 2013 - 06:21 PM.

It depends. If they just remove the money and i have my 10 adders so i can sell them, probably.

If they flat out reset my cars/purchased items/etc. I highly doubt it. I have spent way too much time (lvl 246 with 780+ hours) in this game to simply start over. I also don't think i would ever buy another R^ title if they did a full reset. That's something R* needs to think about. 

deanstroyer
  • deanstroyer

West Side White Boy

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

being a unemployed gamer, if they did a full reset, I would just go get a real job

• RAS_ZeroZ, halflegz and BoJack Cognac like this

Edwin
  • Edwin

Franceska ♥

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

A break and see if it's worth coming back to.

Their support on this game has been absurd.

• StewNorth likes this

whitebic
  • whitebic

lol

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

lulz all I need is $200 to call a tank to grief.

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Playa

• Members

Had my first character deleted, which was at launch so I just started over.

The second character is trained up to level 121, with all cars and apartment "legit" (raced a lot and sometimes farmed base invaders) and eventually got the tank too by saving up.

My third character (second character slot) is now level 38, with legit apartment, but as I got gifted money I just collected some rare cars/bikes there (still looking for Nemesis!) and use the money for ammo. Most were found by myself, two are duped.

It's safe to say, if they delete all this I am not coming back. Go through all that crap again, the tutorial, having all guns locked while everyone is driving tanks and carrying miniguns and sticky bombs. Trying to win races with a car that lacks the upgrades needed to win. Yeah screw that. 

• halflegz, blackwolfred and StewNorth like this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

I wouldn't mind a reset.

The game is actually more fun when you have rewards and goals.

At a certain point after two legit characters i find myself not having anything else to strive for besides keeping my ammo full.  

The first month of GTA O, going form homeless and broke to well off was very fun.  

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

If they reset my money to $0, or reset my money to $0 and take my cars / clothes / property, I will join in with the "hackers" and "hack" the sh*t out of this game to get it back. If they ban me, I will try to find a way to circumvent it as I have done nothing illegal. I received $90.000.000 from a bounty, without any knowledge that the bounty was so high. I didn't check. 

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

Reset the money, I don't care. Take it, I don't need it.

Reset my character? Goodbye. Nearly rank 200 with no glitches or cheats, all 10 cars earned and modded with glitch free money, and they delete it? You really think i'm gonna do all of that again? Hell to the naw. I shouldn't have to suffer because of their mess, and when you contact them they pretty much tell you "F__k off, you're just one out of billions of people who bought this game, you're not important" but in a polite way.

• halflegz and blackwolfred like this

Poohdini
  • Poohdini

The One Who Knocks

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

no...i hardly play anymore now...if i lost my fully modded cars and apartment im done

• Lagful likes this

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

Reset of money isn't a deal breaker, stats and garage reset will mean I'm done with this game. If they win any awards for this game other than biggest fail of the year I'd be amazed.
  • halflegz and CapoV91 like this

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

• Members
  • China

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:33 PM Edited by StewNorth, 29 December 2013 - 07:10 PM.

I wouldn't mind a reset.

The game is actually more fun when you have rewards and goals.

At a certain point after two legit characters i find myself not having anything else to strive for besides keeping my ammo full.  

The first month of GTA O, going form homeless and broke to well off was very fun.  

While I agree with getting a lot of fun of working towards your unlocks and the rise from rags to riches, it isn't necessarily the "most" fun to be had in the game.

For me, the unlocks serve to enhance the fun to be had in the game. Farming new tats and the orange paints for the weapons by going into PK mode when playing solo, or messing about with friends when we're all online.

I can respect your point of view, and hell, even while I would hate losing the legit money I had before I probably could deal with it since we would all be in the same boat.

But losing rank & unlocks when the heists are getting ever closer (hopefully :p ) would just turn me off the game. The first 3 months were about all that, as well as all the extra fun. I certainly would not be happy with having to start the grind again.

• Miss Malevolent likes this

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

No.  I got tired of this game a few weeks ago, came back to try the snow, and I'm sticking around because while I was trying the snow some folks gave me billions of dollars and I figured I'd just dick around buying a new car every five minutes until that got permanently boring.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

Rank reset....nope.

165 on one, 43 on the other.

Money reset I'm fine with. I don't have everything for my second character cause of the level...but the primary is all set.

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:37 PM

Ive never cheated, never modded, never glitched but I would welcome a money reset, I loved the game before I got gifted over 1.3 billion. Now I am not enjoying the game that much as everything seems pointless now. There is nothing to aim for. But I am trying to spend all of my 1.3 billion, that's my target - to get as poor as I can quickly. It's hard though lol

• blackwolfred likes this

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

I highly doubt I could be banned since I don't cheat.

If all cheaters are banned too, ands glitches/hacks fixed, so I could keep playing anyway, because GTAO would have been cleaned up then.

I couldn't start again now tho.

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

Money reset? Fine.
Rank/garage reset? I'll be gone. I'll still follow the forum though, and probably come back when heists or something good comes along. My PS4 will keep me busy til then anyway.

rlr149
  • rlr149

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

i'm currently not playing to avoid the god modders and stupid bounties etc.

i'll come back as and when these things are sorted. 

If they reset my money to $0, or reset my money to $0 and take my cars / clothes / property, I will join in with the "hackers" and "hack" the sh*t out of this game to get it back. If they ban me, I will try to find a way to circumvent it as I have done nothing illegal. I received $90.000.000 from a bounty, without any knowledge that the bounty was so high. I didn't check. 

when you eventually f*ck a girl, wear a condom............. but if you don't, don't bitch to the rest of us you got aids because you stupidly didn't check first.

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Homie

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

A money reset i can deal with. If they reset/delete my character i will be done with this game. I worked my way up to level 125 and there is no way in hell i would go through all that again.

I highly doubt im alone on this either.

Level 76 here, same damn thing.

Ibareny
  • Ibareny

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

There's no way you can come back from a BAN.

lol.. Unless you're a real hacker and not a wannabe scrub like you are. then probably.

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

they should remove gifted money and throw those level/rp hackers in the cheaters pool. ive already put up with everything else from rockstar. im not going to keep getting punished because of stuff little kids do after watching a youtube video.

if all my hard earned money is gone and so are my cars im done with rockstar. rockstar was one of the last game companies i had faith in. then they dropped this untested, unfinished, unsecured mess of a game and had the balls to call it an unhackable mmo. its just regular online multiplayer that was hacked on day one. only the methods hadnt been made public on youtube until the original modders got bored and started selling game mods.

Taylor7500
  • Taylor7500

Mark Chump

• Members

If they reset ALL my cash to 0 and/or remove everything I've ever purchased (or reset my rank), that's it. Game over.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

I wouldn't mind if they remove my money but if they touch anything else then I'm gone.

• halflegz and Miss Malevolent like this

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

GTA Online 1.17 Retiree.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

How are you going to play if you get banned? OP, stop.

But if I get reset, I may stick around. Don't have any other good games anyway...

whitebic
  • whitebic

lol

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

But if I get reset, I may stick around. Don't have any other good games anyway...

make a new psn/xbl.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

i'm currently not playing to avoid the god modders and stupid bounties etc.
i'll come back as and when these things are sorted. 

when you eventually f*ck a girl, wear a condom............. but if you don't, don't bitch to the rest of us you got aids because you stupidly didn't check first.

I think that comparison is a bit unfair given most people just go after a red dot on their screen...they don't take the time to check with Lester on how much the bounty is. In fact I didn't even know you could do that until fairly recently.

However, the poster talking about his plans to throw a temper tantrum if they don't get their way (keep the glitched money) is sadly pathetic. In which case, I would agree with your condom sentiment, if only to keep those genes out of humanity's pool. We have enough entitled dumb people as it is.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

• Members
  • China

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:04 PM Edited by StewNorth, 29 December 2013 - 07:08 PM.

So far it seems players get sent to the Cheater Pool, so that is what I generally mean by ban or reset.

But obviously, we still don't know how Rockstar will handle the hacked money situation with their upcoming patch, so they could finally get tough and actually ban them from online.

I will admit to this thread being based on speculation, but considering I have seen reports of apparently legit players getting banned due to carrying hacked money, then I don't really know where to stand on the issue. Guess we'll know if I was right or wrong when comes patch day :)

Evidently if in the case that the bans are permanent and get to issued to those that didn't hack/mod but carried hacked money, then it's an easy : "lol..f*ck this". Not like I'd have a choice anyway xD

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

I can live with a money reset.

Anything more, and it's TTFN for GTAO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users