Quantcast

» «
Photo

when do you think C* will patch the DNS glitches?

24 replies to this topic
razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

probably in a few months considering it took them a few weeks to get rid of the LSC glitch. 

iheartlondon1969
  • iheartlondon1969

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

hopefully next tommarow.

whitebic
  • whitebic

lol

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

it's always 50/50 with c*ckstar.

sooo maybeeee maybeee not.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

took em months to fix LSC lol, but I imagine fixing their DNS should be quicker for some weird reason. Should just be a question of completely restricting their access on the client's side.

Obviously, they could f*ck things up even more in the process.  Not like they haven't done that before or anything...

fzxt
  • fzxt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

They are taking this more seriously because it's clear "outer" exploitation of the game, where as LSC glitch was messing around with in game mechanics. Pure speculation of course, but I think we can all agree that if this isn't fixed, this game will seriously go to sh*t.

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

Yep it will goto sh*t. If they're not making any money because of the hackers then they will just pull the plug on the whole thing.

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:07 PM

Don't know about C*, no idea what they do, but R* will undoubtedly sort this issue sooner or later.  It's caused so much havoc with what was their masterpiece game that they have to do something.

razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

Don't know about C*, no idea what they do, but R* will undoubtedly sort this issue sooner or later.  It's caused so much havoc with what was their masterpiece game that they have to do something.

I think you meant C*

Darkclox
  • Darkclox

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

You're not more clever for that.

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

It's costing them huge in cash cars I would imagine. That will have at least the money exploits removed by next patch for sure. How much that will wreck the actual game is to be seen. Hopefully they don't have to go offline for any length of time to implement the fixes.

Tassimo
  • Tassimo

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

well, "In regards to reports of hacking and cheating in Grand Theft Auto Online, we are working on a fix that will remove any GTA$ gained through these blatant exploits, as well as prevent this from happening in THE FUTURE" 

Doofey
  • Doofey

Old Skool, you know it!

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

Whenever they feel like it. Thats when. They completely have the option to say, "f*ck these people, we're out." And revoking all access privileges to their network. It would be a really stupid move from a business sense, but they could if they want.

I think its kind of rude of people to be so blatantly disrespectful to a company that has granted you a free license to temporarily use their networks and how are they shown appreciation? By being bad mouthed by a bunch of selfish entitled wieners.

So what if things are a little haywire. If people weren't so god damn immature, the issues wouldn't be so pronounced. A portion of R*s player base has proven that they don't want to play the game. They just to find every little flaw and vocally scream it at the top of their lungs as if they are proving some sort of case that they could care less about anyways.

I for one have enjoyed my time with both SP and MP. And since we are all playing the same thing and many others are enjoying themselves as well. It largely proves that most of us have, not R* to blame, but those that hate themselves so much that they decide they must diligently break every thing in sight. I find it quite amusing that a few vocal minority of people feel compelled to backlash at R* because a few bugs are present. They wouldn't even be game breaking if people would have just left them alone. At one point was it a good idea to think, "oh, there js a game breaking bug here that I can ignore. If I ignore it, everything will be fine. I must exploit this knowing it will ruin just so I can cry foul and tell R* I want reprimand."

At the end of the day, you are only hindering yourself and your own self worth. If the ones who think they are ruining the game and actually accomplishing something they think is meaningful, they have a sad perception of reality and will meet a giant brick wall somewhere in their life.

The rest of us move on with our lives, because no matter how much we enjoy this game; life has much bigger joys to be had.
  • GTA-Bobski likes this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

In Serious Relapse

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

well i have a feeling that something would happen on wednesday.

anyway, took them months and 5 patches to fix the lsc glitch and all it variations and that was an ingame exploit. took then atleast 3 weeks to acknowledge the current situation, which is a full on manipulation of the server.

i think they would start fixing things but it would take them atleast 'til february to regain full control of gtao.

they should hire some outside help, their current tech team is simply not capable. when things started to unravel i was thinking they would patch this next week, but no 2 weeks later they said not one word about it. this should have been stopped or acknowledge atleast 2-3 days after the initial reports.

Wallywhitehurst
  • Wallywhitehurst

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

Agreed, I'm no engineer but my programmer friends say rockstar should have known better, and the programmers in the games industry are really surprised rockstar made this mistake. Basically from my understanding rockstar should have anticipated this happening but did not, as opposed to this coming completely out of the blue.

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

I think you meant C*

I've never heard of this C* you refer to.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

Tuesday. That's the day people work at R*.
  • Khaos89 likes this

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

pretty sure their gonna cap money shared from bounties at 9000 and 3000 from store hold up or something

and after 2 months they might fix it

The4orTy67
  • The4orTy67

Spieler Hasser

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:46 PM Edited by The4orTy67, 29 December 2013 - 08:47 PM.

Well they better do something fast. Everyone in my friendslist has been given money. I have bought everything there is... so... why-- why should I play this game any further?

lonlon
  • lonlon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

They'll probably just password the cloud with a code generator

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:52 PM Edited by Khaos89, 29 December 2013 - 08:59 PM.

Don't speak to me about their programmers, absolutely useless. After months they finally managed to fix the simplest of glitches fully in the latest patch, the LSC glitch.

What will happen next is they will accidentally strip legit players of their money, and/or send them to the cheaters pool using their shoddy "algorithm" causing yet another huge sh*tstorm.

Ataricade
  • Ataricade

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

Well they better do something fast. Everyone in my friendslist has been given money. I have bought everything there is... so... why-- why should I play this game any further?

lol you didn't have to spend it. Thats your fault

HappHarryHardOn
  • HappHarryHardOn

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

Tough luck you knew it was dirty money and should suffer the consequences.

I have been gifted over $130 million today and I'm just sitting on the money playing as usual waiting to see how things go down. All it takes is a little will power.

The4orTy67
  • The4orTy67

Spieler Hasser

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:11 PM

I'm so sorry but it was so tempting.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

I wish people would stop saying things like "it took months and months and 5 patches to fix the LSC glitch".  It probably didn't.  It probably took them a day and 1 patch.  They just didn't do anything about it prior to when they did fix it because they didn't want to, for whatever reason.

Unless there's an official source for Rockstar on this forum then every single thread is pure speculation, but people read something in 1 post in 1 thread and then go repeating it like it's facts.  It's people like that that make the internet sh*t and turn something that should be good into something that could be truly terrible.

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

If I had to guess I would say either late this coming week or early next week.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users