Quantcast

» «
Photo

Help get rid of hackers by reporting them.

21 replies to this topic
laurentkm3
  • laurentkm3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

Seeing a lot of people complaining about hackers giving money god mode, etc.

If you see a hacker online, report them. You're stating how much you hate them, but yet do nothing but complain about them (not all of you obviously). I report hackers.

This is what Rockstar asks people...........

1. Platform (PS3 or Xbox 360)
2. Cheater’s Gamertag / ID
3.Description of the violation
4. Include concrete evidence, such as a video or a screenshotPlease reply to this message and include those four pieces of information.

Complain all you want, but if you really don't like all this hacking stuff going on, you have to be pro-active and step up and do something. Running over them with a tank is nice, but all they'll do is move on somewhere else.

Got to hunt them down one at a time until they're eliminated (not a reality), or at least routed out to where there will only be a very few (which can actually happen).

I report when I see them. Snitch, tattletale, whatever. I don't care. Get these hackers out. And if you like them, then each his own. Not hating. Just keep cheating and get dumped in the cheaters lobby and play together.

Don't just complain. Be pro active. Do something about it. I've got my camera ready to take screen shots. Can't do it all by myself. Need the gaming community to step up also.

I'm complaining and I'm going to be pro active.

To report the hackers.........

http://support.rocks...us/requests/new

Also, the most direct way - [email protected]

My post on hackers - http://www.gamefaqs....online/68197807

Tokin
  • Tokin

Snee-i-itch

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

I've already reported the guy who had godmode when I tried to kill him and subsequently gave me $1.7B. That was a week ago, doesn't seem like they take action too quickly. 

• BurningChrome and laurentkm3 like this

laurentkm3
  • laurentkm3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:42 PM

Thumbs up with being pro-active, I'm reading so many post where people do nothing.

Rockstar might be getting overwhelmed with all this hacking stuff. But people like, you, me and hopfully many others who are stepping up will make a difference.

The game is so massive, I can't even comprehend how difficult the situation must be.

There's no reason for them to aks people to report hackers if they're going to do nothing about it, so I'm sure it's being looked into.

I really enjoying this online GTA, so thanks for reporting the hackers to make it better for me (and you)!

:)

bcal1017
  • bcal1017

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

I always report in game, never really thought to take it further than that. I feel the demise of GTA:O is going to be much sooner than everyone thought. Its rare to get in a session of good players who actually want to play the game the right way. 

• laurentkm3 likes this

laurentkm3
  • laurentkm3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:59 PM Edited by laurentkm3, 29 December 2013 - 02:00 PM.

Awesome! Glad you're one of the good ones also!!!

But, it's really unfortunate, that's why we all have to keep fighting the good fight. There's too much to lose. The game was so much fun before this hacking wave came in.

Even Rockstar announced that they have tons of stuff to offer all of us in 2014.

We got a great game, but it's up to us to support it and keep it going. The company can't do it by themselves!

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

Didn't your parents teach you not to tattle?

I don't like godmode users either, but let R* sort their own mess out. I'd be spending more time reporting people than playing the game if I were inclined to be some tattle tale unpaid R* wanna-be intern.

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:45 PM

I don't like godmode users either, but let R* sort their own mess out. I'd be spending more time reporting people than playing the game if I were inclined to be some tattle tale unpaid R* wanna-be intern.

I'm inclined to agree. I've reported a couple of hackers, but to quote you laurentkm3, being 'pro-active' is two ways, not one and R* (like a lot of report mechanisms) are very lazy in their response, dissuading others from reporting. If R* could hire more admin and put the 'tea boy' on shout outs to bullsh*t us that they are doing something then more people may be convinced to report. 

PSgtaplayer1
  • PSgtaplayer1

Collector

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

Just reported a guy who got 10 million from a mission a few minutes ago.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with WBaker. You'd want to report hackers to help Rockstar sort out the problem. Sometimes, developers hop into games themselves, but that doesn't mean that they could locate hackers right off the bat. They may be in game sessions without hackers, while the gamers are the ones witnessing the abnormal change in payouts or the players that can't die. They could check a player's transaction log, but how many people play GTA:Online? Everyone could be a suspect and I doubt anyone would really sit in front of a computer and check a handful of players' transaction logs. The transaction logs are updated every minute, from different players, and the only way Rockstar can locate hackers is if the players report them. This will give them a player they could focus on and really see if the person is hacking or not.
  • laurentkm3 likes this

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

Talking as an admin  I agree that sitting in front of live data is tedious, time consuming and almost impractical (You need to take a piss sometime), but there are people paid to do this and do it well. Call centre operators, stock market buyers, any ground level grunt, do  just that day and daily and get paid little for it. Cynicism aside there are ready staff available to check the ranks and logs of players. Things do get missed and reports are needed, but R* need to be on the ball dealing with them, which alas they aren't, or at least they don't appear to be. A notice board of known hackers would be some sort of petty reassurance.

Grand Theft Amanda
  • Grand Theft Amanda

Slaying is an art

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

I always do my part. The system work.

It takes time because there's too much of them.

• laurentkm3 likes this

laurentkm3
  • laurentkm3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:22 PM Edited by laurentkm3, 29 December 2013 - 04:25 PM.

Of course. But in genral I don't lie either, but a little white lie can happen. Tattling is not just a black & white situation. If you don't help out, you'll lose in the end.

I'm inclined to agree. I've reported a couple of hackers, but to quote you laurentkm3, being 'pro-active' is two ways, not one and R* (like a lot of report mechanisms) are very lazy in their response, dissuading others from reporting........................

Just because they're not reposnding to every little thing, doesn't mean they're not working on the situation.

Very glad that you reported some hackers. Awesome! Get them out of our lobbies so that we can enjoy the game!

Just reported a guy who got 10 million from a mission a few minutes ago.

Another awesome person! Glad that you repored them!!

I always do my part. The system work.

It takes time because there's too much of them.

Exactly, there are too many of them. If just 5% of the hundreds of thousand of online players were pro active, we can make the hackers life hell.

DON'T LET THEM BULLY US! Let us play the game and enjoy it, damnit!

:)

• Luvie likes this

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

I'm inclined to agree. I've reported a couple of hackers, but to quote you laurentkm3, being 'pro-active' is two ways, not one and R* (like a lot of report mechanisms) are very lazy in their response, dissuading others from reporting........................

Just because they're not reposnding to every little thing, doesn't mean they're not working on the situation.

Very glad that you reported some hackers. Awesome! Get them out of our lobbies so that we can enjoy the game!

That as it may, R* still need to let us know on a regular basis that they are doing something and give some indicator of progress. I've been at the bloody end of ignorance and it ain't pretty.

SomeRandomDave
  • SomeRandomDave

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

I've reported people on Xbox 360 for hacking many times, yet nothing is done. I don't know if R* really cares about the hacking because they aren't really doing anything about it. I know people get sent to the bad sport pools but I don't think that really hinders them. I just actually made a thread so if you want my full opinion, go check it out...

laurentkm3
  • laurentkm3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

I'm inclined to agree. I've reported a couple of hackers, but to quote you laurentkm3, being 'pro-active...................

That as it may, R* still need to let us know on a regular basis that they are doing something and give some indicator of progress. I've been at the bloody end of ignorance and it ain't pretty.

I'm with you there. While we don't need an update every second on the situation, it would be nice to see something on the progression of the situation. They posted something on the Newswire a few days ago.

I've reported people on Xbox 360 for hacking many times, yet nothing is done. I don't know if R* really cares about the hacking because they aren't really doing anything about it. I know people get sent to the bad sport pools but I don't think that really hinders them. I just actually made a thread so if you want my full opinion, go check it out...

Awesome that you reported! If you're seeing the same person hacking over and over again, then I would be frustrated with you. These hackers may have many accounts, so it may seem that nothing is being done, but it would be crazy if Rockstar doesn't do anything.

I agree with you all, that it seems like nothing is happening, but I feel there is a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes. I'll be offline for three weeks for vacation and that seems like plenty of time to get this hacking stuff cleared out a little bit.

hackers won't be completely eliminated, but if as a gaming community we come together we can bully the bullies.

Serious, it's up to us to step up and help.

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

To report the hackers.........

http://support.rocks...us/requests/new

Also, the most direct way - [email protected]

My post on hackers - http://www.gamefaqs....online/68197807

No need to leave game lobby you can report them by selecting their name in the online players menu. Check report and select type of violation from the dropdown menu. I usually just select "Exploit" only takes a few seconds and you can  be sure you've got the ID correct

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

I send exploit reports as well as vote to kick via the in game pause menu.
I also leave negative player reviews.

I can only do so much. I'm working on an extremely lengthy letter to the gamemakers, Rockstar, to inform them of how this community feels and to explain the many things they've simply not done or failed to do, or things they have done that makes the game less playable. And my complaint covers SP and Online.

laurentkm3
  • laurentkm3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

I'll be offline for three weeks for my vacation, so this'll be my last post.  When I come back, I hope the situation will be better.

Thumbs up to you all!!!!! Glad to see that there are a lot of you like me who are reporting these hackers.

Gotta keep the pressure up and not let the hackers take the fun away our game!

• BurningChrome likes this

BurningChrome
  • BurningChrome

RAMPAGE KING!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

I reported six guys who gifted money and/or set billion dollar bounties on Xmas day.

Then I got to thinking, why is the onus on us to do this?

Can't R* have some reps jump online and bounce around to various rooms during an 8-10 hour period and start banning these people? Like I said, I saw five or six people doing it in a just a couple of hours.

It can't be that hard for them to police their own game! Especially since they have made a couple of billion off the game!

s1ckmad3
  • s1ckmad3

Head Don Of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

"The company can't do it by themselves!" not trying to be negative but they did manage to reach a billion in sales im surprised they dont hire additional help rather than to leave it on us to help fix it when it was theyre massive fail to begin with.

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

I now resort to publically asking the lobby to vote kick and report the offending players.
I then publically inform the offending user that their account could face action.

You soon see them running from the server.

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

"The company can't do it by themselves!" not trying to be negative but they did manage to reach a billion in sales im surprised they dont hire additional help rather than to leave it on us to help fix it when it was theyre massive fail to begin with.

I reported six guys who gifted money and/or set billion dollar bounties on Xmas day.

Then I got to thinking, why is the onus on us to do this?

Can't R* have some reps jump online and bounce around to various rooms during an 8-10 hour period and start banning these people? Like I said, I saw five or six people doing it in a just a couple of hours.

It can't be that hard for them to police their own game! Especially since they have made a couple of billion off the game!

Simple gents. It's a simple job, but one that needs time, some skill and effort. I've done similar and know how laborious such a job can be. It takes skill to stay awake and focused (you try sitting looking at a string of words for 8 hours a day without falling asleep or killing the computer. It's doable, but god I'd rather be gutting fish). It's a drudge job (robots anyone) that no one, especially R* want to do. If they could at least put a firewall together to check the algorithms then that should cut a lot of hacking (just like every major server in the world. Not fool proof but one man every month can check it).

Sam(u)sonite
  • Sam(u)sonite

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:16 AM

Reported two guys today.. both getting 750000 rp and hundreds of millions of cash for being 5th and 6th in a 8 man race.. makes me wonder, where's the fun in that sort of stuff?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users