Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA 4 will not install on GTX780 i7 Haswell PC.

12 replies to this topic
rogerthat1945
  • rogerthat1945

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

Hi one and all; and Seasons greetings.  :santa:

GTA 4 works on PS3 but new PC copy will not install on my new Rig.

I have a new Windows 8.1 x64 gaming PC; I paid the price of four PS4 consoles.

I bought and downloaded GTA 4 a few days ago from Amazon.

Amazon now say I need Windows Vista or XP: but I thought that if this works on Windows 7 (as I have read everywhere) it will work on windows 8.

I am cheesed off because I wanted this for the Mods to get it looking great until GTA 5 is on PC.

I get an error message as I begin to install the game from the download of 13Gb?

The ERROR MESSAGE says "C++ error" redistributable?, then something about an unusual exception error.

Everything else on the PC works perfect. Steam, UPlay everything.

I have seen fixes for the stream version; but Steam does not accept GTA 4 Game Codes.

Any genuine clues that ordinary humans can follow?  :panic:  :r*:

Girish
  • Girish

LFM

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:22 AM

Have you tried reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable?

• rogerthat1945 likes this

rogerthat1945
  • rogerthat1945

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:22 AM

Thank you for responding. Yes, I have.

It makes No difference.

I did think about downloading a torrent, burning a disc of it, and using my purchased code but I DONT want to.....

VizCount
  • VizCount

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:32 AM

Unfortunatley the sad news is..is that GTA IV is not compatible with Windows 8.1 bud.

LINK> http://www.microsoft...sid=Windows 8.1

You might want to try dual booting with Windows 7 x64 which people have had a lot more success with.

Best of Luck!

rogerthat1945
  • rogerthat1945

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:22 AM Edited by rogerthat1945, 21 January 2014 - 06:27 AM.

Unfortunatley the sad news is..is that GTA IV is not compatible with Windows 8.1 bud.

You might want to try dual booting with Windows 7 x64 which people have had a lot more success with.

Best of Luck!

Actually, I have the game working in Windows 8.1 x64 now.

I have a saved game.

Am using;- "RUN AS Windows XP SP2" or something. That and its to do with Windows Games etc.... 

I have another shortcut that works as "Vista SP3" also. But only 800x600

Only thing is, there is no hi-definition. Its 800x600 and will not let me change yet. HAswell i7 and a GTX780 But someone on Steam said they have a fix.

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2036212

But the link is broken. Its been a few years since the game came out I guess... But I just got this rig a few months ago and want to get it running and ready for GTA5. 

Hi, I eventually got it working.

Not sure what fixed it. I think the problem is something to do with "RUN AS" and "Games for Windows Live" issues?

I and a ton of people have had problems with that program in the past. I have no trouble with Steam gaming.

But do you know how to get the graphics settings to work with a GTX 780 ? As they appear to be LOCKED locked at 800x600.

Girish
  • Girish

LFM

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

But do you know how to get the graphics settings to work with a GTX 780 ? As they appear to be LOCKED locked at 800x600.

Use the -norestrictions command in your commandline.txt file.

• rogerthat1945 likes this

rogerthat1945
  • rogerthat1945

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

Use the -norestrictions command in your commandline.txt file.

I tried that fifty times today and yesterday; but no go.

I ended up deleting the game (just chopping it out). 

Re-booting.

Re-downloading.

Re-installing.

Updating.

Re-booting.

It works. Happy bunny.

1080p 120 Hz

:beerhat:

Thanks for the command lines. I had put them in, and they may even still be in there somewhere. 

I don`t boot from the shortcut (GTAIV.exe or whatever) it only does 800x600; I got it working perfect when I now boot from the install program file "Autorun.exe" ; which takes me to the play screen somehow; where I can adjust anything and everything to do with graphics for the first time.   :breadfish:  

Previously it was a locked twitching freak.

Anyway, it works. After fifty hundred attempts over many weeks. 

mysteryboyee
  • mysteryboyee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

Best of Luck!

that right there is UTTER BULLsh*t, i run it PERFECTLY, on windows 8.1 x64, with 0 problems

VizCount
  • VizCount

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:52 AM

mysteryboyee...

I hope you're not trying to insinuate that just because you have successfully installed GTA IV on Windows 8.1 that some how that means it should work for eveyone else?? And also that more people have not had more success installing GTA IV on Window 7?? That's what you call "UTTER BULLsh*t" ?? Your body may be on planet Earth, but your brain is floating out in space.

Cheers,

mysteryboyee
  • mysteryboyee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

mysteryboyee...

I hope you're not trying to insinuate that just because you have successfully installed GTA IV on Windows 8.1 that some how that means it should work for eveyone else?? And also that more people have not had more success installing GTA IV on Window 7?? That's what you call "UTTER BULLsh*t" ?? Your body may be on planet Earth, but your brain is floating out in space.

Cheers,

you and the OP are the only people ive found, to not be able to install it, LITTERALLY, everyone else in the world, IS ABLE TO (and is proven as well) so know, your the bullsh*tter

VizCount
  • VizCount

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:17 AM

Maaaan lol....MB you're making yourself appear so uneducated, and foolish I might as well add. I could never understand how people like yourself luv to flap there beek with no facts.

Ok....so again and I'll try and use simple language so yours truley (MysteryBoyee) can follow. 

If you check Microsoft Compatibility Site for installing GTA IV on Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows 7..using the drop down arrow to switch OS's, you will notice FACTS of real user reviews.

Windows 8.1 - approx 50% success rate

Windows 8    - approx 50% success rate

Windows 7    - approx 85% success rate

Ok Mysteryboyee....now is your time to shine, lets back-up your fat lip with some hardcore facts?

Cheers,

mysteryboyee
  • mysteryboyee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

microsofts website never works -_-, i've run all sorts of things that it says has a 0% success rate, as do all my friends, WITHOUT, messing with ANY compatibility settings of any form

VizCount
  • VizCount

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:32 PM Edited by VizCount, 07 February 2014 - 01:40 AM.

MB HUH??  LOL (banging head off PC tower) Why oh why did I ever respond to you. Anyways..your responce says it all and I rest my case.

MB...you take care now bud and stay off the drugs.

Cheers,

(WE WONNA EAT YOUR BRAINS)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users