Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

Can some one post a pic?

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

@TheMasterFocker

Actually, there are some Street food vendors in Vespucci Beach & Del Perro Pier selling to pedestrians and break down into two different variations which are Hotdog Vendors and Burger Vendors. I think the reason why they left this out is because of this Little feature not being that really important and because the vendors only happen to be in one location.

Well the food vendors could have been useful to regenerate health. Especially since you lose health easier in V. I know there are some soda vending machines but I can only find some in 24/7.

And I doubt they would bring back these features as DLCs. In a patch, maybe, but not a DLC.

There are soda vending machines in Ammunations with a shooting range.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:28 AM

And the police station

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:35 AM

Actually, the 24/7s have the same porpuse as Fast food joints, and thats to regen health, you just go to the Clerk and you buy something from him.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:30 AM

Actually, the 24/7s have the same porpuse as Fast food joints, and thats to regen health, you just go to the Clerk and you buy something from him.

I'm disappointed that the restaurants are gone, but at least you have convenience stores to get health from.

I just wish they were marked on the map in Single Player like they are in Online.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:36 AM

@TheMasterFocker

Actually, there are some Street food vendors in Vespucci Beach & Del Perro Pier selling to pedestrians and break down into two different variations which are Hotdog Vendors and Burger Vendors. I think the reason why they left this out is because of this Little feature not being that really important and because the vendors only happen to be in one location.

Even so. It's honestly not a lot of work to have it in. It's like not being able to have the car running. That does not take a lot of effort/work to do, but I could be mistaken, because I don't know everything that has to do with everything in game development. Only the important/basic parts.

The engine running thing is the only thing they have absolutely no excuse for f*cking up. It's nothing but code, programming in the game executable. This comes down to KILOBYTES at the end of the day. Megabytes of data if they have it really bloated.

If there was ONE thing I demand in a future patch, it's this.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:41 AM

@TheMasterFocker

Even so. It's honestly not a lot of work to have it in. It's like not being able to have the car running. That does not take a lot of effort/work to do, but I could be mistaken, because I don't know everything that has to do with everything in game development. Only the important/basic parts.

The engine running thing is the only thing they have absolutely no excuse for f*cking up. It's nothing but code, programming in the game executable. This comes down to KILOBYTES at the end of the day. Megabytes of data if they have it really bloated.

You kidding me? People like you have ruined this franchise. There are so many other things cut from this dreadful game. Completely gone. This is the only thing you demand lol? A f*cking engine? How about fleshing out the empty world? How about adding some actual content? How about some meaningful rewards? Pathetic.
  • PandaLambpaws likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Hearts are power. Nothingness is eternal!

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:55 AM

@TheMasterFocker

You kidding me? People like you have ruined this franchise. There are so many other things cut from this dreadful game. Completely gone. This is the only thing you demand lol? A f*cking engine? How about fleshing out the empty world? How about adding some actual content? How about some meaningful rewards? Pathetic.

Ah yes, the ol' troll is back.

Please tell me, Mr. Troll, how is there no 'actual content' in GTA 5?

• DaRkL3AD3R and Gta_V_Fan_101 like this

RominOctane
  • RominOctane

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:06 AM Edited by RominOctane, 30 December 2013 - 03:42 AM.

@TheMasterFocker

3 boring minigames
No actual criminal activities
Empty world(no interiors)
Promised features that are not in the game
Lame pathetic radio
90 percent of the map is filler(useless mountains)
Broken, unfinished online mode(that's the real reason it came out 2weeks late)
I could go on

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:08 AM

@TheMasterFocker

3 boring minigames
Lame pathetic radio
Broken online mode
I could go on

Thank you. And he only demands a car engine. You kidding me? Morons ran this once beloved franchise into the ground.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:09 AM

@TheMasterFocker

It can be done but you have to enter a car when your character is in the combat stance for hand to hand.

Works about 50% of the time, but yeah it was a weird omission. Same with food vendors/restaurants. Not really sure why they were left out and how it could have been overlooked. I was so sure we'd be able to eat at Up N Atom (In N Out) which is a SoCal institution.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:38 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 30 December 2013 - 03:38 AM.

@TheMasterFocker

3 boring minigames Completely subjective. And 3 out of how many are actually in the game?
No actual criminal activities Yeah, you're funny. You're joking, right?
Empty world(no interiors) There's interiors. Just not many of them. Kinda disappointing, but expected on current-gen.
Promised features that are not in the game Like?
Lame pathetic radio Once again, subjective, but I agree
60 percent of the map is filler(useless mountains) And again, you're joking, right? Sure, the countryside is pretty barren, but there's 3 towns, an airstrip, a prison, a military base, mountains (Of course mountains are useless. They're f*cking mountains, you expect them to do anything other than just sit there? You gotta use something called 'imagination'), and a big lake.
Broken, unfinished online mode(that's the real reason it came out 2weeks late) I'll give you this. But you gotta remember, the Online is basically in beta. R* said there'd be problems, and there are. It's only been 3 months, you gotta wait some time before everything is up to code. Look at Minecraft. Look at DayZ. And how do you know that's the real reason it came out late? Do you work at R*? The logical reason for it being late is to observe how the game sells and plan accordingly. Of course, the game absolutely blew up, but because of that, the server troubles only lasted, what, 1 week, maybe 2? Could've been A LOT worse.
I could go on

This is the imagination part I was talking about:

http://www.youtube.c...AD462A9415C1457

http://www.youtube.c...AD462A9415C1457

TheGTAone
  • TheGTAone

Piβwasser Founder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:40 AM Edited by TheGTAone, 30 December 2013 - 03:40 AM.

Hey, I've found some Burger Shot/Up'n'atom Burger/Cluckin bell/Pizza This  interiors in the game files. I will share them in just a sec. They are very different to IV ones.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:43 AM

To be honest sometimes I can see and understand why R* does certain things.

The reason I see why the Restaurants were cut was save memory and resources, in the 24/7's you can eat there and rob them at the same time so they might of kinda said ''Why should we keep those? I mean players would love them but it's a waste of memory!''

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:44 AM

"HE LIKES SOMETHING THAT I DON'T LIKE! HIS OPINION IS WRONG! I AM THE ALMIGHTY AND YOU ARE NOTHING! WHO THE f*ck ARE YOU!"

TLW2VWB.gif

• Officer Ronson, TheMasterfocker, Gta_V_Fan_101 and 1 other like this

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:48 AM

Or you can put some content on the mountains like Skyrim. They don't have to just "sit there".

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:53 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 30 December 2013 - 04:14 AM.

Or you can put some content on the mountains like Skyrim. They don't have to just "sit there".

It's been a while since I played Skyrim, so what kind of content are you talking about?

All I remember being in the mountains of Skyrim were animals and caves, and the GTA 5 mountains have animals (Albeit, only mountain lions as far as I know. I could be wrong).

Ooooh, you mean like sh*t to do? Missions? Oh yeah, they could've definitely done more with them.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:05 AM

There's some big cliffs on Chilliad. I like to drive cars off them then bail and skydive along side it until impact.

But he's probably talking about actual missions and yeah there could have been something more scripted that's less dependent on the player getting creative.

RominOctane
  • RominOctane

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:13 AM Edited by RominOctane, 30 December 2013 - 04:15 AM.

@TheMasterFocker

3 boring minigames Completely subjective. And 3 out of how many are actually in the game?
Empty world(no interiors) There's interiors. Just not many of them. Kinda disappointing, but expected on current-gen.
60 percent of the map is filler(useless mountains) And again, you're joking, right? Sure, the countryside is pretty barren, but there's 3 towns, an airstrip, a prison, a military base, mountains (Of course mountains are useless. They're f*cking mountains, you expect them to do anything other than just sit there? You gotta use something called 'imagination'), and a big lake.
Broken, unfinished online mode(that's the real reason it came out 2weeks late) I'll give you this. But you gotta remember, the Online is basically in beta. R* said there'd be problems, and there are. It's only been 3 months, you gotta wait some time before everything is up to code. Look at Minecraft. Look at DayZ. And how do you know that's the real reason it came out late? Do you work at R*? The logical reason for it being late is to observe how the game sells and plan accordingly. Of course, the game absolutely blew up, but because of that, the server troubles only lasted, what, 1 week, maybe 2? Could've been A LOT worse.
I could go on

Yeah, wtf happened to "don't don't overturne your car". modding cars only affects breaking and acceleration, why are the other bars even there.
What happened to "a living, breathing ecosystem" there's like 7 animals in the game.
What happened to "we have so many switch scenarios, we wouldn't even begin to repeat" every time I switch to Franklin, he's in his house,Trevor is the only one with varied switches. Heck they still write, "hang with friends at a bar" what bar? a 2sec black screen where the character comes back drunk.
And so it's cool to release unfinished products now huh? I must have been living under a rock this while time.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:28 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 30 December 2013 - 04:33 AM.

@TheMasterFocker

I could go on

Yeah, wtf happened to "don't don't overturne your car". modding cars only affects breaking and acceleration, why are the other bars even there.

What?

What happened to "a living, breathing ecosystem" there's like 7 animals in the game.

Ecosystem: a biological community of interacting organisms and their physical environment. The animals run away from you if you try to run them over. Mountain Lions attack people who get too close. Deer gotta survive being hunted. Guess what? It's a living, breathing ecosystem! Just because it doesn't match up to your expectations doesn't mean it's not there.

What happened to "we have so many switch scenarios, we wouldn't even begin to repeat" every time I switch to Franklin, he's in his house,Trevor is the only one with varied switches.

When did they say "we wouldn't even begin to repeat"? And what does that even mean? I'm pretty sure the switch scenarios are random, with different occurring intervals. Trevor is absolutely not the only one with varied switches. Just because YOU have bad luck, does not mean there's not a lot of switches.  

Heck they still write, "hang with friends at a bar" what bar? a 2sec black screen where the character comes back drunk.

And that's hanging out with them at a bar. It was the same way in GTA 4.

And so it's cool to release unfinished products now huh? I must have been living under a rock this while time.

How's it unfinished? Please tell me, I'd love to hear this  :beerhat: 

Here's the switches:

Trevor: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Z10_qNEoNBM (There's more in the description than are in the video, I think).

Michael: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=PuMKWBy2kbo (There's more in the description than are in the video, I think).

Franklin: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=LTfZvwJq62E (There's more in the description than are in the video, I think).

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:28 AM

To be honest sometimes I can see and understand why R* does certain things.

The reason I see why the Restaurants were cut was save memory and resources, in the 24/7's you can eat there and rob them at the same time so they might of kinda said ''Why should we keep those? I mean players would love them but it's a waste of memory!''

Yeah maybe, but it's a weird choice especially because they don't mark the 24/7s on the map.

I think that's what makes me think it just got overlooked and wasn't an actual design decision.

just-a-spaz
  • just-a-spaz

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:37 AM

Why do people call Rockstar lazy? Do you think it was some easy task or something to create this a game of this magnitude? Also, it wouldn't be smart for them to start from scratch every time they make a new game. It's common practice for developers to reuse resources from previous titles. No sense in re-inventing the wheel every time.

Also, even though Rockstar tries to make sure the game is bug free, there are deadlines that the company needs to meet and some things just get missed and make it into the game.

You guys are so harsh on Rockstar and it doesn't make sense to me. You guys act like a 16 year old girl that gets a Ferrari from their rich parents for their birthday and then bitches because it's the wrong color.

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed adder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:41 AM

Yep. Stuff like this is common in AAA games when they reuse assets, because recreating everything is a pain in the ass and a waste of time and money.

Anyway, no harm, no foul.

they didn't need to recreate the entire model. they could have just covered up the texture easily in like 20 seconds

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:45 AM

Yep. Stuff like this is common in AAA games when they reuse assets, because recreating everything is a pain in the ass and a waste of time and money.

Anyway, no harm, no foul.

they didn't need to recreate the entire model. they could have just covered up the texture easily in like 20 seconds

I know, It was just an oversight on their part. They do copy and paste the same model into the game, and then fix it up and make it not a copy and paste from GTA 4. Unfortunately, someone missed something.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Give me Liberty

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:46 AM

See the thing with stuff like food vendors is they're small, but really cool details. I love walking around LC and every so often grabbing a bite to eat or getting a drink from one of the newstands.

They're well spaced out through the city too. I know there are convenience stores and such, but it doesn't feel the same. It's a bit like not being able to give hobos money anymore. To me R* scrapped too much of GTA IV's fine details and didn't add enough in GTA V.

Walking around LS and realising there's not a lot to interact with the city itself is a real buzzkill. GTA IV's LC is above and beyond in that department really.

• Choco Taco, SmoothGetaway, TheMasterfocker and 1 other like this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

I'm the bad guy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:53 AM

@TheMasterFocker

3 boring minigames
Lame pathetic radio
Broken online mode
I could go on

Thank you. And he only demands a car engine. You kidding me? Morons ran this once beloved franchise into the ground.

Lol, I like how you have to rely on other people to prove your point. Such a good contributor. 

• TheMasterfocker likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:56 AM

@TheMasterFocker

3 boring minigames
Lame pathetic radio
Broken online mode
I could go on

Lol, I like how you have to rely on other people to prove your point. Such a good contributor. 

And it didn't even prove his point, seeing how the dude only provided wrong or subjective info except for one thing.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:00 AM

@SonofLiberty

I just started a new game of IV a few hours ago(haven't touched it since V dropped) and yeah that small detail does make a lot of difference.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users