» «
Photo

R* dun goofed

57 replies to this topic
OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:02 AM Edited by OOM 313, 29 December 2013 - 10:51 AM.

The Vapid Stanier, the "Crown Victoria" police cruiser from GTA IV, makes its return as a civilian model in GTA V.

However, there is one little thing that R* missed, and proof that the car didn't receive a makeover like some other IV era cars.

The LCPD laptop screen image remains, floating in mid air above the cars center console. At first, I thought it was left over from the LSPD, because in the first trailer this car was seen as an LSPD cruiser. But if you zoom in on the image with a sniper scope, it clearly says "Liberty City Police Department".
  • DaRkL3AD3R likes this

BenDeR_
  • BenDeR_

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:13 AM Edited by BenDeR_, 29 December 2013 - 10:13 AM.

"Livery City Police Department".

Livery City? Don't know wut you are talking about.

• GamerShotgun, lizardman563, TJGM and 3 others like this

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:24 AM

Novody's perfect. :)

couldn't resist.
  • GamerShotgun and Chukkles like this

high91
  • high91

Eminem- Infinite-1996-313

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

So we pick on accidental bad grammar on here? you know what he meant dude.

and yeah Rockstar are lazy as hell in some areas, which is to be expected.

nice find if its true.

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

It would be impossible if they made every interior of each car considering they amount of different vehicles that are in the game. Not most people would notice that when driving anyway.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

It would be impossible if they made every interior of each car considering they amount of different vehicles that are in the game. Not most people would notice that when driving anyway.

Exactly bro.for a game running on old consoles,the details are mindblowing

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

There are FDLC (Fire Department Liberty City) logos on the fire trucks.

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:45 PM Edited by GTAboob, 31 December 2013 - 07:27 PM.

i wish the LSPD would use the Crown Vics....they're so cool to look at rather than that huge boxy Taurus.
  • Grand Cannon and gear999 like this

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

We can fix those fault models in PC version. No more laptop floating in cars and no more Fire Departement logo's on trucks.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:34 PM

Another lazy design move by Rockstar.
  • tom_p1980 likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

The Laptop is a simple texture that was a left-over that somehow managed to be overlooked by R*, it could be a glitch aswell considering the fact that its only a screen and not the full laptop we're talking about, anyways it can be fixed in the PC version or in an update.

@PhillBellic

I think those Logos serve as a small tribute to the FDLC as a remininsce to the events of 9/11 , the ribbons around suggest that aswell as the other badges that say ''In memory to our fallen brothers''

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:56 PM

Yep. Stuff like this is common in AAA games when they reuse assets, because recreating everything is a pain in the ass and a waste of time and money.

Anyway, no harm, no foul.

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

i wish they LSPD would use the Crown Vics....they're so cool to look at rather than that huge boxy Taurus.

This.
  • Grand Cannon likes this

razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

cockstar

cockstar

cockstar

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

-ya-dun-goofed.jpg

I'm sorry but the title was tempting so I had to.

• GTAboob likes this

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

That's it!  I'm hoping in my car, driving to EB Games, and I'll pay the worker to take the game away from me.  f*cking Rockstar cant do anything right!

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

Crowns vics are outdated. I, for one, like the Taurus, but yeah, it would be nice if the other LSPD cars were used for variation.

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

Crowns vics are outdated. I, for one, like the Taurus, but yeah, it would be nice if the other LSPD cars were used for variation.

I'd like the marked Buffalo to be used.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

Good find OP, more proof of the copy paste effort Rockstar made in a lot of this game. Yet they couldn't copy paste the GOOD things:

- Press Y/Tri to leave engine running, hold to turn it off

- Burger shot and Clucking bell interiors

- Food vendors on the street functioning. They copy pasted the f*cking models and NPCs but NOT the ability to buy from them, so f*cking retarded

- Missing Bowling, Pool, and several other minigames

- Probably even more that I can't think of at this moment

It's like really Rockstar, what are you doing. Just, what the f*ck are you doing.

• GamerShotgun, Miamivicecity, Choco Taco and 2 others like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:20 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 29 December 2013 - 09:22 PM.

Good find OP, more proof of the copy paste effort Rockstar made in a lot of this game. Yet they couldn't copy paste the GOOD things: Copy/pasting things that are exactly the same are common in games.

- Press Y/Tri to leave engine running, hold to turn it off This is weird that they left it out.

- Burger shot and Clucking bell interiors Interiors of buildings are a lot different than one texture of a car that accidentally left in. Besides, they wouldn't copy and paste that. It's LS, not Liberty City. Cars won't look different, because they're cars. Buildings will though. Tell me, is every McDonalds the same looking inside? Is every BK?

- Food vendors on the street functioning. They copy pasted the f*cking models and NPCs but NOT the ability to buy from them, so f*cking retarded They made the vendors, but didn't let you buy food from them? I'm seriously curious, because I don't remember ever encountering a street vendor.

- Missing Bowling, Pool, and several other minigames This is just self-explanatory. They're not gonna bring back every single minigame from the game before it. I mean Jesus, you act like they left those minigames out without adding any new ones. The jump from IV to V is a lot better than the jump from SA to IV, don't ya think?

- Probably even more that I can't think of at this moment

It's like really Rockstar, what are you doing. Just, what the f*ck are you doing. They're reusing assets to save time and money. Every AAA company does it. The same truck has been in a CoD game like 3 games in a row. 

And you gotta remember guys, limitations have a lot to do with everything. I mean, just look in the distance. Jaggies, jaggies everywhere!

Plus, the framerate drops quite a lot. If there is a next-gen version, it should be a lot better. Emphasis on should.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

@TheMasterFocker

Actually, there are some Street food vendors in Vespucci Beach & Del Perro Pier selling to pedestrians and break down into two different variations which are Hotdog Vendors and Burger Vendors. I think the reason why they left this out is because of this Little feature not being that really important and because the vendors only happen to be in one location.

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

Could it be intentional? It's clear that the police force is done using these cars, and I remember reading that what they actually do in real life when this happens is they redo them and sell them off as civilian cars to recoup some of the loss of replacing an entire fleet of vehicles. Could this be a subtle nod to that? Probably not, because you'd have thought that they'd remove the laptop from a civilian sell off car, but you never know. 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

@TheMasterFocker

Actually, there are some Street food vendors in Vespucci Beach & Del Perro Pier selling to pedestrians and break down into two different variations which are Hotdog Vendors and Burger Vendors. I think the reason why they left this out is because of this Little feature not being that really important and because the vendors only happen to be in one location.

Even so. It's honestly not a lot of work to have it in. It's like not being able to have the car running. That does not take a lot of effort/work to do, but I could be mistaken, because I don't know everything that has to do with everything in game development. Only the important/basic parts.

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

Another lazy design move by Rockstar.

You don't know anything about design.. ALL developers re-use models and textures from old games, and R* forgot to remove one thing so they're lazy? You should seriously be banned from the forums for all the sh*t you talk.
  • LINK/2012, G.S.T and TheMasterfocker like this

Il_Tifossi
  • Il_Tifossi

bad motherf*cker

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:31 AM

We need some graphical document to prove your statement.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:34 AM

Pre order canceled. 

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:48 AM

Forgive me op. I didn't mean to be overly fliippant.. Interesting find. Good eye.

Gameassassin1020
  • Gameassassin1020

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:48 AM

Oh noes. Someone got lazy. Only Cockstar right guys?

No shut the f*ck up. Everyone gets lazy, scratch that the Human race is lazy. Grow up and maybe one day your testicles will drop a centimeter.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:04 AM

It's not a big deal to me. Just pretend these vehicles were sold to Los Santos directly from Liberty City and left unchanged. Typical government oversight.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:05 AM

@TheMasterFocker

Well the food vendors could have been useful to regenerate health. Especially since you lose health easier in V. I know there are some soda vending machines but I can only find some in 24/7.

And I doubt they would bring back these features as DLCs. In a patch, maybe, but not a DLC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users