Photo

Do Skills Actually Matter?

15 replies to this topic
xSicily
  • xSicily

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:14 AM

So, I've been playing the Story mode in GTA V, and I'm wondering. Does taking the time to improve your skills actually help anything? And if so, what does each skill specifically improve?

Thank you for taking the time to respond, if you choose to do so. :)

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, got skippy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

Yup.

Shooting makes you have better accuracy with less bullet spread, driving allows you to turn easier, lung capacity allows you to hold your breath for longer amounts of time, etc.

PumpuliKivi
  • PumpuliKivi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:50 AM

Proud full lung capacity owner here : "Yup" !

(online)

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:08 AM Edited by jamieleng, 29 December 2013 - 10:12 AM.

Proud full lung capacity owner here : "Yup" !

(online)

That must come in really useful. Come to think of it, where is the submersible shown in the Online trailer? Edit: Apparently it is located on the east of the map. Shame you can't buy it.

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:15 AM

Good question. Yes they do. fe: Not only does strength increase your melee damage, it increases your resistance to damage.

A follow up if I may:

Has anyone had success in increasing Special Ability level?

Yoga, headhots, and everything else suggested in Bradygames has yet to noticably icrease any of my protags SE.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:23 PM Edited by stangone50, 29 December 2013 - 08:28 PM.

Good question. Yes they do. fe: Not only does strength increase your melee damage, it increases your resistance to damage.

A follow up if I may:

Has anyone had success in increasing Special Ability level?

Yoga, headhots, and everything else suggested in Bradygames has yet to noticably icrease any of my protags SE.

Maxing special ability stat allows you to use it for longer , up to 30 seconds I believe . 

For shooting ability use the range . 

For strength you can play tennis , golf , Punch cows or punch people but this will draw the police to you. 

For driving   do continous wheelies on a motor cycle 

Franklins special usually fills just by playing the game and driving 

Special ability stat raises not by using the special but by filling the yellow special meter . 

Michaels special can be raised by getting headshots during missions . 

Trevors was the hardest till I realized all you have to do is fly around at top speed till the yellow meter fills , land plane or heli . Trigger your special , shoot into ground till yellow bar is empty and repeat .

Others are obvious ...

Lung capacity .. swim under water . 

Stamina .. run around . 

Flying .. fly . 

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

Yes, quite a lot.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

a.k.a: BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

Yeah it does especially in Singleplayer...
Stamina Skills-the more it increase the more you can run and sprint(bicycle)
Shooting Skills-the more it increase,the more ammo you can carry,the quicker you are in taking cover and aiming i.e when playing as Michael he could carry over 3000 bullets for a pistol while Franklin have couple of hundreds.
Flying Skills-Trevor is the best in the air,but if it increase the more you can control a plane or an helicopter
Special abilities-the more it increase,the more you longer you can use any of the trios special ability
Lung Capacity-the more it increase,the longer you can stay underwater i.e Franklin have a good lung capacity and Trevor is not good underwater
Driving-Franklin is the best in this,he literally have control of the car on air,but yeah just like the other it same for this

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:54 PM Edited by IntoGloryRide, 29 December 2013 - 12:57 PM.

I have all 3 characters maxed out on Driving, Shooting and Stamina so far. The latter is most noticeable along with Lung Capacity but the rest I can barely tell a difference. Franklin had his Special maxed and it did seem to give him a longer time, but recently I noticed he was bumped back to only 3 bars. Not sure if the latest patch caused it or what.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

a.k.a: BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

I have all 3 characters maxed out on Driving, Shooting and Stamina so far. The latter is most noticeable along with Lung Capacity but the rest I can barely tell a difference. Franklin had his Special maxed and it did seem to give him a longer time, but recently I noticed he was bumped back to only 3 bars. Not sure if the latest patch caused it or what.

Nice one bro.I did that on my first playthrough(which i got to 80%)but now i am on my third playthrough,finished it(72% now)try to buy properties.but i wouldnt say it the updates yeah there was 1 or 2 GTAO updates that affected GTA 5 but that it.i think you might not have save it.

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:08 PM

Nice one bro.I did that on my first playthrough(which i got to 80%)but now i am on my third playthrough,finished it(72% now)try to buy properties.but i wouldnt say it the updates yeah there was 1 or 2 GTAO updates that affected GTA 5 but that it.i think you might not have save it.

Yeah I can't say for sure if the update had anything to do with it. Just strange that I lost two full bars of skill all of a sudden, and I save the game frequently with every session. What I wonder though is can your skills actually decrease also? For example if you wreck your car constantly, the Driving level could drop over time. Haven't really tested it out.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:17 PM Edited by stangone50, 29 December 2013 - 03:18 PM.

At one point Franklins skills diminished for me too . This was after 1.08 . 

I loaded an earlier save and it hasnt happened again yet . No idea why .

Skills do diminish in online if you do not play alot but in SP they are not supposed too .  

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

ok folks. I'll work on it. Got everything maxed but special. No prob filling the meter. It's the se stat bar that I never see move.

Maybe I don't use the se enough. Kind of feel like I'm using a cheat code.

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

Yow! I poorly read stangone50's reply. Thanks for the tips.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

The only one that seems to make a noticeable difference for me is the stamina one because it gives you infinite sprint when full. The rest I don't even notice a difference, though to be fair I've never even swam underwater that much.

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

#BUCKLEUPBABY

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

Yep, everyone on deathmatches are sh*t. I headshot everyone at once. I'm one of the best headshot legends in the history of GTA V

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users