Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does anyone know who the Fremantle Dockers are in this forum?

15 replies to this topic
AussieAustin
  • AussieAustin

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:24 AM

I live in little lonely Perth Australia.  Prolly not heard of that either hehe 

The Fremantle Dockers lost the Grand Final of the Aussie Rules Premiership... so close for a club that has been so bad for so long.  Would have been a great story but it ended up in tragedy.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:53 AM Edited by Linc., 29 December 2013 - 07:54 AM.

I do!

20121115053708!Essendon_logo_2010.png

Carn the BOMBERS!!!

AussieAustin
  • AussieAustin

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:56 AM

Nice!  Bombers fan ay?  You guys are being mistreated by the AFL now.  I feel for the fans and players.  Chappo should be good for ya next season.  Bombers are actually my tip for the big riser.  I'm picking a Freo v Bombers GF.  But we gotta take it this time.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:08 AM

I've watched AFL a few times (Geelong Cats) but I don't really understand the rules. I'd love to learn it though.

AussieAustin
  • AussieAustin

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:55 AM

One of me best mates is a huge Cats fan.  They have had a great deal of recent good form and won a few premierships.  Great team, play fair, I've a huge amount of respect for Geelong.  Fremantle have knocked them out of the last 2 final series, so i've had bragging rights the last 2 years over me mate hehe I was hoping for a Fremantle v Geelong Grand Final this year, but Geelong lost their last game by only a couple of points, such a shame.

The rules evolve every year, and not really for the better of the game.  My wife is an international and new to Aussie Rules and she loves the game but is having a hard time getting a grasp of some of the rules. 

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

It is definitely entertaining to watch and the announcers get pretty psyched up, but I have absolutely no idea what is going on most of the time.

I'd watch more and learn but it is virtually impossible to see it on television in the states and the time difference makes streaming it somewhat difficult.

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

Lifelong Geelong supporter here.

i was barracking for Freo in the final. I like them. I like that sh*t-talking centre player you got.

AFL is HUGE in australia, esp. VIC but if you're outside AU you'd never know it existed -- damn shame. I blame our extremely backward internet infrastructure situation.

• AussieAustin likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:50 AM

I wish I had someone to explain the rules of this to me and show me where I can watch it.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:15 AM

Who?

AussieAustin
  • AussieAustin

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:48 AM

i was barracking for Freo in the final. I like them. I like that sh*t-talking centre player you got.

AFL is HUGE in australia, esp. VIC but if you're outside AU you'd never know it existed -- damn shame. I blame our extremely backward internet infrastructure situation.

Ryan Crowley!  He is loved over here in Perth.  He was delisted but the new coach Ross Lyon gave him one more shot and he did not let him down.

Backward internet infrastructure with dinosaurs, monkeys and Parrots running the country. 

Lester_Crest
  • Lester_Crest

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:52 AM

The Fremantle Dockers lost the Grand Final of the Aussie Rules Premiership... so close for a club that has been so bad for so long.  Would have been a great story but it ended up in tragedy.

Did you see Tendai Mzungu of Freo get a crowd catch in the T20 BigBash Final, marked it right over the top of Crowley.

Don't really get to see much of Freo, West Coast or Adelaide in Sydney unless they are playing the Swans or GWS. 

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:57 PM Edited by EyeMacHunt, 25 February 2014 - 01:57 PM.

I wish I had someone to explain the rules of this to me and show me where I can watch it.

Find 36 birds. Paint 18 of them one colour, paint the other 18 a different colour. Throw a hot chip in the middle of the birds. This is AFL.

• Linc. likes this

AussieAustin
  • AussieAustin

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:01 AM Edited by AussieAustin, 03 March 2014 - 08:03 AM.

Find 36 birds. Paint 18 of them one colour, paint the other 18 a different colour. Throw a hot chip in the middle of the birds. This is AFL.

Rugby fan i bet.  Once ya know the basics it's easy to follow.  My wife is an international and she gets the game... somewhat.

Did you see Tendai Mzungu of Freo get a crowd catch in the T20 BigBash Final, marked it right over the top of Crowley.

Don't really get to see much of Freo, West Coast or Adelaide in Sydney unless they are playing the Swans or GWS. 

I was watching that game live.  And i though to myself when i saw it that he looked a lot like Mzungu, came back from the add to them having the camera more on Crowley and Mzungu than the cricket.  Probably trying to keep a low profile then the ball comes straight to em.

Pardew's Prostate
  • Pardew's Prostate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

I lived in Freo for 2 years, is a great place. Never got into the AFL though.

xxJ0n4Th0Nxx
  • xxJ0n4Th0Nxx

Who?

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:44 AM

Nice to see the support for my hometown.. Go Cats!! I also wanted to see Freo get the premiership, being the ones that knocked us out both times.. as long as Hawthorn is nowhere near the finals I'm a happy chappy.

AussieAustin
  • AussieAustin

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:42 AM

Fremantle are looking good for 2014 after a massive flogging of Collingwood.  We still have some good players to come back into the team.  We should hopefully be able to take care of the Hawks this season.  They have been a tough team for Fremantle for a few years now.  Time we got the upper hand. 

Glad to see some support for Geelong.  My best mate  barracks for them and i was behind them all the way through their dynasty.  One of the greatest teams of all time.  Can't help but to like em, and love to watch em.  

Years ago I went to Geelong and watch them destroy my Fremantle, but i had a great time in the outer at Kardinya Park.  The Geelong fans were sympathetic towards me... like they felt sorry for me.  Not like those fans of West Coast or Collingwood.  My mate(big Geelong fan) and I both went home happy... I never expected to win that game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users