Photo

[REL|III,VC,SA|ASI] SilentPatch

1,244 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:46 AM

Just out of curiosity, do you guys think you might be able to use anything from the Windows 8 Metro version?

Though, the mobile versions also have their far share of bugs as well.

All SA Mobile versions:

-Cars jerk like when their shifting gears while accelerating a bunch of times in a row. The car engine sounds also don't have the right number of gears.

-Bikes have no shadow.

-So far it looks like they all got the same bugs the PC has.

iOS: (Tested on an iPod Touch 5g)
-Detail maps look pixelated

Android: (Tested on a Samsung Galaxy S4)

-Some textures appear to be stained green which aren't supposed to be.

-Many car spawns have the wrong rotations. Always facing north.

-Alpha bug (iOS and Windows don't have it)

-Radio glitches and plays only commercials sometimes. Also the beginning of songs are also cut out.

-Unsteady frame rates. (VC is like that too. I can notice frame rate changes, but Little Hati lags like a bitch. But I hear the Galaxy S4 doesn't play some games very well for some reason. I don't know why though as its one of the faster phones out there with a Quad Core CPU.)

Windows: (Windows 8.1 x64 Metro App [Not the Desktop PC version, the one from the Windows store])

-Z fighting

Kindle: (I haven't played the Kindle version.)

For me, the Android version is the most buggy version of the game. 

• Tomasak likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:55 AM

As I said on the previous page, the mobile version of the game changes things up quite a bit and simply put, we don't have enough research or knowledge on how it handles things.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Simply divine!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:21 AM

The colored text is probably just another thing that can be seen on an old AGP card, just like vehicle reflections in rain, amongst other things.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

The colored text is probably just another thing that can be seen on an old AGP card, just like vehicle reflections in rain, amongst other things.

Nope, the feature was completely glitched, at least on PC. Nothing to do with the GPU card.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Simply divine!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:59 AM

Oh, how surprising. :D
I wonder how much bugs GTA V PC will have...
No matter, waiting for the SilentPatch with much anticipation.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:28 PM

The alpha fringing bug has been there for like a decade, yet we seem more or less complacent about it. Wonder how that can be sorted out...

TommyCJFaann
  • TommyCJFaann

Posterised.

• Members
  • India

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:59 PM

I feel, I've seen this colored text before (2.0 version?).

I saw the purple colored text when I was playing "Los Desperados" ,I moved to Ballas territory,and I found the text changing colors(1.0 exe).

• AdusPL likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:09 PM

I don't remember the colored text. Not even on the PS2 version.

Can someone elaborate?

The Clansman
  • The Clansman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

Is this a big deal? I mean, the white text suits the game perfectly. No need to change nothing.

• Zera likes this

Zera
  • Zera

Thug

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:48 PM

Is this a big deal? I mean, the white text suits the game perfectly. No need to change nothing.

I agree. Colored text would look pretty ugly and distracting.

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:51 PM

I might make it fainter, blending with the original colour.
  • Mr. Jago likes this

Mr. Jago
  • Mr. Jago

Dreams, what are they

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:17 PM

that'd be nice, in the screenshot it looks kind of gaudy and I seriously thought it was some debugging thing you were doing :p

The Clansman
  • The Clansman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:47 PM Edited by The Clansman, 03 May 2014 - 10:56 PM.

I might make it fainter, blending with the original colour.

Whatever you do about this subject, PLEASE make it optional.

Methical
  • Methical

Gramps

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:27 PM

Did your mother never teach you how to say please ?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:47 PM

I'd still like visual proof of where it appears in any exe. So far we have that it might appear in Doberman on the 1.0 exe but perhaps that's a glitch? We don't know, we just know the code is there and it was suppose to appear.

The Clansman
  • The Clansman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:59 PM

Maybe on gang wars... your hood is under attack, and when you get there, the area name would display the colors of the gang who trying to take it over.

But I don't remeber seeing it either.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:35 PM

The code left behind meant that it was meant to be used from the point when gang areas were active, and so going to that area it would display the area name in the current occupied gangs colours.

But we have different people saying different things on where they have seen it. I've not seen it on any version I've played, from PS2 to PC 1.00, but some people say they have seen it.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Out of Commission

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:28 AM Edited by Ermac., 04 May 2014 - 12:52 AM.

Colored text occurs for me (Version 1 exe.) whenever I attempt to take over a territory and I die in the process (usually second or third wave), go to defend an attacked territory and die in the process, let a territory be successfully attacked and 'lose influence', or when I edit/add a gang territory via save editor to have multiple gangs occupy it at once. I'll snag some screencaps in a few.

This is what it looks like when an area is occupied by all of the used gangs in the game

fWDn0nT.jpg

0FMp0cq.jpg

F2l43jq.jpg

crB8zC7.jpg

I'll try and get some more "natural" pics of it in normal gameplay (i.e. no save editing). I just need a save that's after Doberman & before The Green Sabre, or one that's after Homecoming that doesn't have all the territories taken over.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:20 AM

I think it is a beta feature that got cut and is leftover in the exe.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:44 AM

Nice, so it does work but is only called on in that special instance as opposed to the full code which triggers it all the time. I'd lean towards a beta feature then that they forgot to remove ALL calls from.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:05 AM

Nice, so it does work but is only called on in that special instance as opposed to the full code which triggers it all the time. I'd lean towards a beta feature then that they forgot to remove ALL calls from.

Not really sure. Right after I wrote that post, I went to play GTA SA on my modded save for Android, and the text was showing up green in Grove Street owned territories. (The territories weren't modified, but all were taken over.)

Snowshoe
  • Snowshoe

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:38 AM Edited by Snowshoe, 04 May 2014 - 05:42 AM.

I vaguely remember the colored text feature from PS2. Though, it's been a long time since I've thoroughly played the PS2 edition of the game (I got it in 2005, sh*t...). I don't remember the exact conditions to get the colored text to show up. I assume it's supposed to be colored all of the time when you enter a gang territory, instead of only when a territory has "mixed" gangs inside it. Cut feature, or bugged?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:26 AM

Not really sure. Right after I wrote that post, I went to play GTA SA on my modded save for Android, and the text was showing up green in Grove Street owned territories. (The territories weren't modified, but all were taken over.)

So it's fixed on the mobile version? :p this damn bug/glitch doesn't want to give a straight answer.

If it's fixed or appears in any SA version normally, then it will be included in the patch, simple as, as it's fixing broken code. We were just not sure if it was meant to be cut or not.

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:26 AM

Yeah, you CAN see it in certain situations and I'd call it 'a bug of a bug'. For example, two gangs in ExGangWars trigger it. Mixed territories can toggle it too, but 'pure' GSF/Ballas/Vagos territory never will. And yeah, one Xbox version I got my hands on doesn't have them too.

nkjellman, mind sharing a screenshot?

Snowshoe
  • Snowshoe

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:52 PM Edited by Snowshoe, 04 May 2014 - 03:21 PM.

I looked through some videos of the mobile version where people were driving through gang territory. (The "pure" GSF/Balla parts) and the location text was its normal color. So I don't know.

Well, regardless, if the colors can't be included in SilentPatch, maybe it can be a separate mod for those who want it?

juarez
  • juarez

Memory Hacking

• Members

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:15 PM Edited by juarez, 04 May 2014 - 04:16 PM.

Silent. Can you include this http://gtaforums.com...entry1065242240 fix to your patch ?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:18 PM Edited by nkjellman, 06 May 2014 - 04:47 PM.

Yeah, you CAN see it in certain situations and I'd call it 'a bug of a bug'. For example, two gangs in ExGangWars trigger it. Mixed territories can toggle it too, but 'pure' GSF/Ballas/Vagos territory never will. And yeah, one Xbox version I got my hands on doesn't have them too.nkjellman, mind sharing a screenshot?

Sure. I can try. It was happening a few times but other times it was normal color.

Edit: I think I got it figured out.

Screenshot_2014_05_06_11_30_35.png

Screenshot_2014_05_06_11_32_11.png

Screenshot_2014_05_06_11_33_08.png

The health bar isn't there because the God Mode mod on the save makes it blink. Anyways it only shows up green in these areas. But then I remembered. Near the end of the game, these hoods were able to be taken over. They were owned by the Vargos. However after the events of the second to last mission, they are no longer able to be taken over. This still raises the question of whether this feature is cut so it only shows up in areas that aren't supposed to be gang controlled, or its bugged. Judging by that, my guess is it is cut, which is why the feature works in modded hoods.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:49 PM

Okay, this bug could be done when you start gang war and save the game in the same time.

Snowshoe
  • Snowshoe

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:09 PM

Also, I know I mentioned SAGFX for the PS2 reflections, but it doesn't seem to be implemented properly in SAGFX. For one, the reflection texture (vehiclespecdot64) on the vehicles is way too bright and jarring at night. While on PS2, the texture is seems to be toned down considerably, looking closer to the PC vehicle lighting. There's also a few bugs with the mod that cause the other "reflection" texture (xvehicleenv128) to not move when you're driving. I've also seen on SAGFX that some segments of cars are discolored (the doors, trunk, etc.) So, I guess PS2 reflections with that specdot texture still need to be created.

The Clansman
  • The Clansman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:00 PM

Moar vehicle bugs

Well know Dune headlight bug, but worth to mention anyway

e1fMLYY.jpg

And all campers have this backwards license plate thing

NNuPIJ2.jpg

• Silent likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic