Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is it possible to avoid user generated content?

10 replies to this topic
jaczor
  • jaczor

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

I'm tired of joining poorly designed deathmatches/races, some are bad by accident but many are done on purpose just to troll, is there an option I can check or some other way to avoid joining user generated content via the quick menu?

RussianCommie
  • RussianCommie

Why are women made from sand?

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

I'm tired of joining poorly designed deathmatches/races, some are bad by accident but many are done on purpose just to troll, is there an option I can check or some other way to avoid joining user generated content via the quick menu?

Nope, you can't do anything about it. You're best bet is to join jobs through the quick menu and hope you get put into a R* created map. If you get put in a user content map, just exit out and quick menu again, repeat until you reach an activity you're satisfied with.

jaczor
  • jaczor

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

Nope, you can't do anything about it. You're best bet is to join jobs through the quick menu and hope you get put into a R* created map. If you get put in a user content map, just exit out and quick menu again, repeat until you reach an activity you're satisfied with.

That's what I've been doing but it seemed so stupid that I thought I was missing something, it's such a huge waste of time.

RussianCommie
  • RussianCommie

Why are women made from sand?

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

That's what I've been doing but it seemed so stupid that I thought I was missing something, it's such a huge waste of time.

No, you weren't missing anything at all. For now, there is NO way to avoid between being put into R* maps and user created maps, so the closest you can get to avoiding them is just going to quick menu, see what the map is, either stay or exit, repeat until you get something you're happy with.

dOn DaDa ShOttA
  • dOn DaDa ShOttA

JAMESTOWN RANCHO GANG

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

Yes, stop using the quick job menu. Host the job u like and invite your friends or invite those in session with u already.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

on the one hand, quick menu was buffed when they separated missions from vs. and TDM, but at the same time it was nerfed as all DM and Races send you to random user created content, most of which is poorly executed or conceived. 

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

Yup R* has pretty much destroyed DM and Races thanks to letting the average f*ckwit put their own sh*t into the mix.

Again best bet is to host your own games, I find people do usually join eventually and you get to control the settings.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:17 PM

Yup R* has pretty much destroyed DM and Races thanks to letting the average f*ckwit put their own sh*t into the mix.

Again best bet is to host your own games, I find people do usually join eventually and you get to control the settings.

This is true, just have to be patient, it's actually a good service, someone using the quick jobs for a race or DM and find your own hosted good race or DM.  :)

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

Yes, there are som poorly created deathmatches/races, but there are a LOT I have played that are really good.  I've made a couple myself that are very unique and different than most.  I spent a lot of time on them.  

To say that all user created content is bad is just wrong.  Rockstar screwed up by veriifying missions based on "likes"...so all we got verified was the youtubers of the world.  They didn't take time to find some really imaginative and creative user created missions.

I can't wait until they add more to the content creator, because although I like it and it's more than I expected...there's still more to add that we can't do yet.  We need the ability to have TEAM spawn points so that we can create fort style deathmatches...we need the ability to change the objective to something other than the most kills.  It would be awesome if we had the ability to create team deathmatches where the objective is to plant a bomb at a specific point in the enemy teams fort....or had to get into their fort and hack their systems or save a hostage.  We need to be able to design missions that are more strategic and creative.

• Mr.Faustin likes this

yete420
  • yete420

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

i played saving private ryan last nite, boy was it dumb lol

jaczor
  • jaczor

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

i played saving private ryan last nite, boy was it dumb lol

Ryan's Privates? the worst part is that it's one of the more decent ones.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users