Quantcast

» «
Photo

How does one justify showering at night?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
207 replies to this topic
theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

Talking about showers sure is fun!

I couldn't agree more. What are your bathing habits?

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:12 PM

morning I have a quicker one and eat breakfast in there

This is the most intriguing thing I've read in this topic. A typo or genuine, Finn?

BM92
  • BM92

Lord Zaphos

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

Pls guys stop fighting, it's almost new year. Thank you.

• Harley likes this

Panz
  • Panz

• The Connection
  • United-States
  • Best Returning Member 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2013
    Hottest Member 2014

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:00 PM Edited by Panz, 29 December 2013 - 04:00 PM.

Panz, feel like taking a shower with me? If not, then I'll litter for the next decade. Decisions, decisions :O

Let's be real. You'd litter anyway.

Finn: And yeah, what Kirsty said. 

• GunWrath likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

morning I have a quicker one and eat breakfast in there

This is the most intriguing thing I've read in this topic. A typo or genuine, Finn?

His breakfast must suck.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

I took a shower this afternoon - I broke my routine. Holy f*cking sh*t. Does that warrant a shower before bed and then in the morning? Or just the morning? I also got new sheets on my bed today. What a f*cking dilemma.

Also, who makes their bed when they get up?

• Audiophile likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

I took a shower this afternoon - I broke my routine. Holy f*cking sh*t. Does that warrant a shower before bed and then in the morning? Or just the morning? I also got new sheets on my bed today. What a f*cking dilemma.

Also, who makes their bed when they get up?

I make my bed immediately when I get up. Leaving an unmade bed all day is totally unacceptable and you should face shaming and judgment if you do this.

If you got new sheets, make sure you wash them before using them (clothes too).

You should shower again before bed, then in the morning to get back on schedule.

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:13 PM

I work/study at the hospital wards - often dealing with (mostly elderly) patients with urinary and/or faecal incontinence - hardly the most hygienic work environment. The whole place also smells of urine, faeces and stewed vegetables - mostly swedes. Then I sometimes go to the gym in the evenings after I have my tea (meal).

As a result, I feel it is completely useless to shower just before going into such an environment - after minutes there wearing communal scrubs, all cleanliness achieved in the shower is undone. In the unlikely event that any BO gets through my deodorant, it won't be noticed with the strong smells there. I also dread to think of going throughout the rest of the day accumilating even more dirt, smells and filth, especially at the gym, then sleeping in my bed in the least clean state throughout the day.

That is why I usually shower after I have my tea, or after coming back from the gym if I go.

Mister Kay
  • Mister Kay

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:37 PM Edited by deepthroatgta6, 29 December 2013 - 05:40 PM.

Leaving an unmade bed all day is totally unacceptable and you should face shaming and judgment if you do this.

You should shower again before bed, then in the morning to get back on schedule.

An individual can live his life the way s/he wants. I make my own rules all the time but I don't need others to approve them.

Out of curiosity, why are you so uptight about things like this?
  • Audiophile likes this

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:54 PM

Leaving an unmade bed all day is totally unacceptable and you should face shaming and judgment if you do this.

An individual can live his life the way s/he wants. I make my own rules all the time but I don't need others to approve them.

Out of curiosity, why are you so uptight about things like this?

Maybe Admiral is the living incarnation of Lady Macbeth... 

:O

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

theadmiral is officially trolling.

Poe's law.

• .2D likes this

Mister Kay
  • Mister Kay

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:04 PM

theadmiral is officially trolling.

Poe's law.
Admiral MIGHT actually be the dirtiest motherf*cker around.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

Who wants to get into an unmade bed? I don't get it. In the rare event that I do not make my bed, i'll make it prior to getting in it. Don't you guys like well tucked sheets rather than kicking them all over the place?

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

Don't you guys like well tucked sheets rather than kicking them all over the place?

don't you guys like vanilla better than chocolate?

don't you guys like ketchup better than mustard?

don't you guys like Pepsi better than Coke?

don't you guys like red better than blue?

don't you guys like up better than down?

seriously Admiral.

different strokes for different folks. it's what makes the world go 'round. stop trying to make sense of it.

• Wrong Kind and Audiophile like this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:37 PM

Don't you guys like well tucked sheets rather than kicking them all over the place?

seriously Admiral.

different strokes for different folks. it's what makes the world go 'round. stop trying to make sense of it.

It's a bit different. I don't know anyone who would prefer wearing filthy clothes to clean ones, and I don't know anyone that would prefer getting into a messy bed as opposed to a made, clean one.

Unless it is just a matter of laziness? Are there people out there who actually prefer dirty things to clean things?

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:56 PM

seriously Admiral.

It's a bit different. I don't know anyone who would prefer wearing filthy clothes to clean ones, and I don't know anyone that would prefer getting into a messy bed as opposed to a made, clean one.

Unless it is just a matter of laziness? Are there people out there who actually prefer dirty things to clean things?

theadmiral, I disagree with you logic based on two things.

Firstly, it is not a simple binary case of dirty vs. clean clothes, made bed vs. completely messy bed. There are various degrees of clothe cleanness and making beds. I personally only semi-make my bed every morning after getting up. Not making your bed to hotel standards does not equate to sleeping on animal nesting.

Secondly, and as already covered by El_Diablo and deepthroatgta6, different people have different priorities and preferances. It is rather ignorant and over-simplifying matters to think of everything in absolutes - either right and wrong. You have to appreciate things like the making of beds, showering times etc... are not as central to the existance of others as it is to you. I geniunely can't care less how my bed is at night - as long as the sheets, pillow and duvet are where they are supposed to be. I'd rather spend the time and effort I save from not making my bed to hotel standards doing the things which matter more in my life.

Panz
  • Panz

• The Connection
  • United-States
    Hottest Member 2014

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

I rarely make my bed in the morning. At school, I'm usually stumbling off to class, and by the time I'm home, it's 7pm and there's no point in making the bed if I'm just going to get into it right after at that point.

Sometimes I even re-wear jeans.

Shame on me. I'm a lazy, disgraceful f*ck. 

• Audiophile likes this

BM92
  • BM92

Lord Zaphos

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

people are getting mad and starting to fight, this thread will probably be locked

• theadmiral likes this

Panz
  • Panz

• The Connection
  • United-States
    Hottest Member 2014

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

I really wasn't. I'm a naturally sarcastic person (not sarcasm).

How I shower and why:

First I wash my hair. Then I condition it and leave it in. Then I wash all the other stuff and shave and whatnot. Finally, my face. Then I rinse my hair and body. Done. I do this because it makes I like it.

I take 10 minute showers. I have a roommate at school who takes shower as long as an hour, and I really don't understand what someone can do in a shower for that long...except, well, you know. 

• Audiophile likes this

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:15 PM Edited by Danz., 29 December 2013 - 07:26 PM.

I rarely make my bed in the morning. At school, I'm usually stumbling off to class, and by the time I'm home, it's 7pm and there's no point in making the bed if I'm just going to get into it right after at that point.

Sometimes I even re-wear jeans.

Shame on me. I'm a lazy, disgraceful f*ck. 

And also beautiful. :3

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

I just removed the last several off topic posts.

Please keep any and all discussions civil-- don't respond to trolling/flamebait.

I honestly think we can do without this thread.... but will leave it open for now.

Spuds

• Audiophile likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

Thank you for taking care of that, Spuds. :cookie:

On topic:

I suppose I have an odd routine when it comes to making the bed and showering, and I suppose what I consider lazy is actually far more common than I imagined.

Personally I cannot sleep comfortably in an unmade bed and I feel horrible all day if I miss a shower.

Maybe it is just me :panic:  :panic:

Panz
  • Panz

• The Connection
  • United-States
    Hottest Member 2014

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

When you make your bed, do you change your sheets and everything?  Maybe I could understand that, but if you're talking about just tucking in the sheets and making it look nice, then it must be purely mental.  When we get stuck in a routine it can make us anxious to break away from it, so that's probably what you're feeling there.

I prefer looking at a made bed, but sleeping in one doesn't make any difference to me unless the sheets were newly cleaned and warm or something like that. 

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

When you make your bed, do you change your sheets and everything?  Maybe I could understand that, but if you're talking about just tucking in the sheets and making it look nice, then it must be purely mental.  When we get stuck in a routine it can make us anxious to break away from it, so that's probably what you're feeling there.

I prefer looking at a made bed, but sleeping in one doesn't make any difference to me unless the sheets were newly cleaned and warm or something like that. 

I change my sheets every third day or so, but it is not purely mental because I like the tucked in feel in addition to the look.

I think there was a Seinfeld episode where they argue about being a "tucker" vs a "non tucker".

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

Perhaps it's simply just an OCD thing or whatnot, but I also have to make my bed up as soon as I arise too. It's like a feeling of 'something's not quite right' if I don't do it. Even when I'm at my girls, and I happen to get up before her, I just sort of stuff her under the sheets and let her suffocate while I get on with my day. 

However, I don't change my bedding on a daily basis; more so once every two weeks or so, with occasionally changing the pillow cases opw. Changing your bedding everyday is just a tad too organised (in a kind of 'psychopathically' organised way) for my liking. A bit like the gentleman in my avatar. Get yourself shipped off to the institution before it's too late you peculiar bat-sh*t f*ck.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

Panz, feel like taking a shower with me? If not, then I'll litter for the next decade. Decisions, decisions :O

Let's be real. You'd litter anyway.

Finn: And yeah, what Kirsty said. 

Damn, you got me.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:26 PM Edited by Rebel, 29 December 2013 - 11:27 PM.

f*ck putting the sheets and everything back properly when making my bed. I usually throw on the quilt properly so that when I dive into bed at night in summer its cold which is great. Although, in winter it just makes me want to wrap myself up even more when I jump into bed. Thinking about it, when I do throw my quilt on properly, when I eventually roll into my bedroom it doesn't look so messy.

Oh also, re-wearing jeans for 2 days is totally acceptable, you know us hard working women and all. Save the rainforest/water and the Earth...

• Panz likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:35 PM

Oh also, re-wearing jeans for 2 days is totally acceptable, you know us hard working women and all. Save the rainforest/water and the Earth...

No way!! That is really grimy!  It doesn't really save any water if you do 1 wash a week anyway.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:20 AM Edited by AceKingston, 30 December 2013 - 02:22 AM.

It sounds as though you are forcing everyone to do what you are doing admiral. We are all different and have different habits. You are calling others filthy as though you've installed a spy camera in their house.

E: Quoted the wrong post.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:22 AM Edited by theadmiral, 30 December 2013 - 02:24 AM.

It sounds as though you are forcing everyone to do what you are doing. We are all different and have different habits. You are calling others filthy as though you've installed a spy camera in their house.

Please show me where I called someone filthy? Or where I demanded someone do what I do? Or tried to force anyone to do anything? I'm just giving friendly advice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users