Quantcast

» «
Photo

How does one justify showering at night?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
207 replies to this topic
Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

This is absolutely pathetic. You do realise you are arguing about SHOWERING, don't you - not some kind of Middle-Eastern dictator, the economy or something that actually warrants a debate, no - showering. Whatever happened to intelligent/mature debates about sensible topics?!

Gadaffi showered in the morning; what are you, some towel headed arab loving communist?

• Raavi likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

This is absolutely pathetic. You do realise you are arguing about SHOWERING, don't you - not some kind of Middle-Eastern dictator, the economy or something that actually warrants a debate, no - showering. Whatever happened to intelligent/mature debates about sensible topics?!

I agree Raavi! It was a lighthearted discussion until the Billy Bigtime brigade rolled in.

I'm heading back to the "Talk about your boner" thread where I can have an intelligent discussion.

Ryan
  • Ryan

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

When we shower is not that controversial of a subject or of that great importance that we need to be flaming each other over it. Keep the discussion civil or I'll be sending people on vacation.

• Raavi and theadmiral like this

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • Brazil

How does it feel to take a bath in a bathtub? Is it more efficient than a shower when it to comes cleaning your body?

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

When we shower is not that controversial of a subject or of that great importance that we need to be flaming each other over it. Keep the discussion civil or I'll be sending people on vacation.

Thank you Ryan.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

HowLongUntilTrumpLeaves.com

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:50 PM Edited by Audiophile, 28 December 2013 - 09:51 PM.

I never had a problem with this thread.

I made a post on the first page asking why it matters if people shower during the day or the night since OP said those who shower in the morning are cleaner than those who shower at night. There was also something or other to do with race posted on the first page by someone else, I responded to that asking why race has to be brought into nearly every single topic since it ends in a flame war usually.

After that first post I have made several attempts to keep this thread on topic.

Believe me, this wouldn't have gone on as long as it did if other posters weren't flinging around personal insults and could just discuss the topic.

This is childish and petty, can this thread just get back on topic and theadmiral, seriously I am not responding to you right now but if you want to respond then PM me. I have no desire to sit and argue about something so goddamn trivial as showering. I don't think I am the only one to blame for how this thread has escalated.

Bingle
  • Bingle

chuggle ape

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

How does it feel to take a bath in a bathtub?

I'm not sure if this is a serious questioon

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:52 PM Edited by theadmiral, 28 December 2013 - 09:52 PM.

This is childish and petty, can this thread just get back on topic and theadmiral, seriously I am not responding to you right now but if you want to respond then PM me. I have no desire to sit and argue about something so goddamn trivial as showering. I don't think I am the only one to blame for how this thread has escalated.

Please stop asking me to PM you, I really don't want to and its getting overbearing now. And please check the post that Ryan made, and please read your original profanity laced tirade. Now lets drop it.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

Please stop asking me to PM you,

I think he likes you ;)

• theadmiral likes this

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:55 PM Edited by Danz., 28 December 2013 - 09:56 PM.

How does it feel to take a bath in a bathtub?

I'm not sure if this is a serious questioon

Of course it is. There are basically no bathtubs where I live, and I don't how clean you can get with them in comparison with showering.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:04 PM

Lord above this topic went downhill fast...

Personally I despise baths. There have been occasions where my shower has broken and I've had to resort to baths; I just feel worse after them. These people that talk about having a relaxing bath with candles and bubbles, just ugh, give me a hot blasting shower any day and a luke warm one in the summer.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

Lord above this topic went downhill fast...

Personally I despise baths. There have been occasions where my shower has broken and I've had to resort to baths; I just feel worse after them. These people that talk about having a relaxing bath with candles and bubbles, just ugh, give me a hot blasting shower any day and a luke warm one in the summer.

I don't mind a hot tub now and then but I don't take baths at home. I use the bathtub to give the cat a bath sometimes though!

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:16 PM Edited by Raavi, 28 December 2013 - 10:19 PM.

To address what I said earlier. I didn't direct that to anyone specifically, it was more or less my general feeling after reading some of the tripe filled comments in this thread. So don't get your panties in a bunch :p

OT: I have a shower and a bath and used the bathtub exactly one time, and that was to hand wash a shirt. A shower relaxes me, whilst a bath makes me even more tired than I was before. So I prefer showers, long steamy showers preferably in the evening.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:19 PM

I only bathe once every two/three days and I do it in the evening because then my hair dries while sleeping.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Dump 2016

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

I used to take showers in the mornings before I realized this could be time I spent sleeping, so I just shower at night now.

• sivispacem and Ciaran like this

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

HowLongUntilTrumpLeaves.com

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

Like I said earlier, I shower at night before bed. It helps calm me down and get into a relaxed state so I can fall asleep easier. It's funny because showers actually make me sleepy rather than wake me up. I also don't like going to bed feeling like I have all the dirt of the day on me.

I do shower in the morning on weekends though because I generally get a few hours more sleep compared to on the weekdays.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:43 PM Edited by ryuclan, 28 December 2013 - 10:49 PM.

I shower at night because I don't like waking up early to do it in the morning. Also my skin gets really dry after showering and if I put lotion on too early it wont help at all. I enjoy my showers so I take them whenever I can. Also there is no excuse for jumping in bed all sweaty and whatnot since I hit the gym in the evenings. I never understood why people cared what time others shower. I am a mechanic so what sense would it make to wake up early and take a shower so I can go get completely filthy at work? At that rate I'd be taking three showers daily. One in the morning, one after work, and one before bed. I wouldn't mind but I'm sure my wife wouldn't be too happy about the water bill.

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:16 PM Edited by Stinky12, 28 December 2013 - 11:23 PM.

Some take shower during the morning, some at night. I take it at night because I get dirty at work, so it's pointless for me to take it in the morning.

I've never really understood why people shower at night, then get into a bed which may not have had the linens washed in a week (or more) , sleep in it all night, and then feel as if they are a clean and hygienic person when they wake up in the morning.

Don't you think a person who showers in the night to wash away the dirt, probably has a cleaner linen that those who only washes during the day?

e.g.

Two people, both go the same have the same job, use the same work commute, and gather the same amount of dirt after they get home. Person A showers in the morning, so he goes to bed straight away, taking all that dirt he gathered in the morning with him to bed. Person B showers at night, washes away the dirt, and goes to bed, The bed is cleaner because it doesn't have as much dirt as person A.

Person A showers in the moring because his bed is dirty due to the dirt he bought with him to bed the night before. Person B doesn't need to because he already took the night before and his bed isn't as dirty as person A.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:17 PM Edited by theadmiral, 28 December 2013 - 11:17 PM.

Some take shower during the morning, some at night. I take it at night because I get dirty at work, so it's pointless for me to take it in the morning.

I've never really understood why people shower at night, then get into a bed which may not have had the linens washed in a week (or more) , sleep in it all night, and then feel as if they are a clean and hygienic person when they wake up in the morning.

Don't you think a person who showers in the night to wash away the dirt, probably has a cleaner linen that those who only washes during the day?

e.g.

Two people, both go the same have the same job, use the same work commute, and gather the same amount of dirt after they get home. Person A showers in the morning, so he goes to bed straight away, taking all that dirt he gathered in the morning with him to bed. Person B showers at night, washes away the dirt, and goes to bed, The bed is cleaner because it doesn't have as much dirt as person A.

Person A showers in the moring because his bed is dirty due to the dirt he bought with him to bed the night before.

Person B doesn't need to because he is already clean and his bed isn't as dirty as person A.

I think it is more or less a wash for someone who cleans their linens every other or every third day like I do, but the entire thing is irrelevant because if you get dirtier from sleeping in Linens without showering, at least you shower right when you wake up so it completely negates that.

It is only an issue if you do not shower in the morning.

Failure
  • Failure

Gone for now.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:18 PM

I always have a cold shower in the morning--I can't wake up properly for the day without one.

However, some of my colleagues shower at like midnight at times due to their study/socializing regimes, so it's hardly standard to shower in the morning.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:22 PM

I have a shower in the morning and at night. Have done so since 2001. Before then I was a smelly hobo who never showered.

• theadmiral likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

Simple, taking a shower at night means your sheets stay clean for longer, prompting you to take showers at night to keep the sheets clean for longer. Really, after a long day at work/commuting, there's nothing like a nice shower after dinner/before sleeping.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

Why not the night and morning to get the best of both worlds?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:32 AM

admiral, feel free to PM me.

• theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:34 AM

Feel free to add me on Skype and we can discuss it via webcam.

• Finn 7 five 11, GunWrath and Shou like this

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:39 AM

I think theadmiral and audiophile need a little alone time under some sheets...

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

Is it just me or is everything sh*t?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Bloody Ungrateful 2016

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:40 AM Edited by ShootPeopleNotDope, 29 December 2013 - 12:40 AM.

Why not the night and morning to get the best of both worlds?

Motherf*cker, I ain't made of water. Well, technically I am, but that sh*t costs money my broke ass don't have.

For real though, it's just best not to shower, you get to experience stenches aromas you could literally never imagine otherwise.

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:31 AM

I shower once when I wake up and once before I go to sleep, so two showers each day. My body produces more oil than it's supposed to, and if I don't get two showers a day I get bad acne. Actually, I could probably get by with one shower because my acne isn't as "active" as it used to be, but I've made it a habit. If I miss one I feel greasy as f*ck.

BM92
  • BM92

Lord Zaphos

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:59 AM

Well when it's cold I take one shower per day.

Now it's 35*C so I need 2 or 3 per day. Damn weather here, when it's hot you burn to death, when it's winter you freeze to death too, with snow sometimes!

JelfBoho
  • JelfBoho

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:29 AM

My friend takes a lot of showers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users