Photo

why is it always deathmatch....?

31 replies to this topic
Jem450R
  • Jem450R

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

I don't know how you people even have fun in this game anymore... Everytime I join a session it's just a big lobby of deathmatch. If I don't have some friends on I find it useless to play. I try to cruise up to someone, not shooting them, to try pick them up have some fun and a good laugh, all they do is shoot me. I can do it 3-4 times, not showing any intent on killing them and it's the same result... It's not even fun... If I wanted to do deathmatch I'd start a deathmatch game. Useless IMO
  • RAS_ZeroZ and PeinNegato like this

cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Playa

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

I go into passive mode, another player drives heading towards me, I jump out to avoid being shot.

YourAMiz1900
  • YourAMiz1900

Dafuq do all of you want!? O.o

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:54 AM

Pretty much why I dont go into free roam without a friend or two. I'd rather just dink around and drive around...Every once in a while, I'll shoot my friends for fun or vice versa and be done with it.

Tassimo
  • Tassimo

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:58 AM

i use to be that one who did not shoot first.. but now i shoot everyone i see who comes near me, if you are friendly..

- Send a msg and say you are friendly.

- Use passiv mode, do salute or something.

- Drive and honk, but dont drive fast and near me.. i will think you are running me over.

enormous
  • enormous

not actually enormous

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:34 PM

Try doing missions. Push up on the D-pad to bring up your phone and select 'quick job'. Then select 'join mission'.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:54 AM

Killing other players on freeroam is way more fun than deathmatches.
  • SinisterPredator likes this

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

The paranoia that someone is a 2 year old out to frig about is what has people edgy. R* should alter the 'bad sport' bull and set parameters for pacifists, maniacs, godders/modders and occasional back stabbers (revised listing welcome). Put simply as your style changes your lobby changes or something like that.

Justin..
  • Justin..

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:00 PM

I hate this. Drove up to a rank 7 noob and got out my tank and walked away so he could have and the little sh*te shot me in the back. c*nt

Tassimo
  • Tassimo

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:18 PM

I think most of the people are friendly.. but everyone have been shot in the back or in the face while they trying be friend with someone.. and people are tired of this and now shoot anyone near..  "better you then me".. 

• kilopm and SinisterPredator like this

sizzla36
  • sizzla36

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

This is so true. When I started I never shot at another player and guess where that got me. Dead is the answer. Now I don't give anyone the benefit of the doubt anymore. U get to close u get gunned down, bottom line. I hate it but better safe than sorry my mom always said.
  • kilopm likes this

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

and way easier when their just standing on the corner managing their bank accounts!   Your a real tough guy!

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

Better safe than sorry would have application here if there were actually any consequence to death. There is none. Ooooh, you had to walk back the 100 feet from where you were.

I don't walk around with weapons out. I don't shoot at anyone. I don't ram people. I don't show any hostilities until I get killed. Then I highlight that player and try my best to make his life miserable. If they end up being more skilled then I then I go passive and find another session.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

and way easier when their just standing on the corner managing their bank accounts!   Your a real tough guy!

If someone can't be bothered to go passive and stand on something while they're playing with their phone or afk then they deserve it.

People who complain about being killed in freeroam don't realize how boring peaceful lobbies are. It just seems like a good idea but it really isn't.

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

Leader of the LeAristocrats

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:03 PM Edited by LeAristocrat, 29 December 2013 - 10:07 PM.

I think most of the people are friendly.. but everyone have been shot in the back or in the face while they trying be friend with someone.. and people are tired of this and now shoot anyone near..  "better you then me".. 

*Important ^ This.

I don't know how you people even have fun in this game anymore... Everytime I join a session it's just a big lobby of deathmatch. If I don't have some friends on I find it useless to play. I try to cruise up to someone, not shooting them, to try pick them up have some fun and a good laugh, all they do is shoot me. I can do it 3-4 times, not showing any intent on killing them and it's the same result... It's not even fun... If I wanted to do deathmatch I'd start a deathmatch game. Useless IMO

The below may be TL:DL so I apologize in advance! But I wanted to put my take out there for people who really need help with this. Two tips I can give you if you want a friendlier freeroam experience:

1. The first and most important, get a headset/mic. In combat and in life communication is everything.  9 out of 10 lobbies I join I make friends with just about everyone in there primarily by being funny, friendly, assertive, and showing a bit of respect.

Without a mic people don't know what you're thinking and tend to go by Tassimo's quote above. Plus if you have a really good personality you can win over the lobby. One lobby I was in, I was just walking around exploring w/e and forgot there were 15 other players in there.

2. Second, and just as important as the first, you must be willing to have fun and dying/player killed must not offend you; don't take it personal. If your goal is to have fun in a freeroam lobby you have to make some sacrifices which means being willing to be killed. Why you ask?  Some people have bad tendencies: just want attention, are hyper active, controlling, etc. Sometimes, depending on the person you have to be willing to let them "win" or think they won, to "win them over."

If you feed into their reaction seeking games by raging, you're giving them the power they are looking for and they will keep killing you, however if you make it into a game, show some respect, laugh, and don't feed into their games etc. (i.e. tank griefing) "Ohh you got me! Lol!" You can even ask them a random question/compliment, "Oh man that was a nice kill, was that a headshot?" which sounds very counter-intuitive but completely throws them off, and they have to positively respond because you gave them praise in front of the whole lobby. When you do use these things you take the power away and they can't keep killing you; they will literally get bored, become friendlier to everyone, and/or look for someone else to piss off. 

These are my two most powerful tips for winning over freeroam lobbies. It's important to note that all encounters are different and even though this is a really good rule of thumb, there are some people who just can't be won over.

Hope this helps!

• NotoriousJDP likes this

Jem450R
  • Jem450R

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

I have a Mic seems 95% of other people don't... And I don't get mad about it I just don't see how it's any fun to go around killing the guy that spawns near you over n over and doesn't put up a fight... And I think your wrong about peaceful lobbies... I've had WAY more fun screwing around in the world then just killing people over in over...which get boring after about 5 min, I don't like deathmstch in FPS I don't wanna do it in GTA everytime. Lets screw around with planes fly under bridges or the other myriad of funny fun stuff to do... But alas it's just deathmatch over in over in over... Ya fun...

SomeRandomDave
  • SomeRandomDave

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

Maybe becasue there's literally no trust factor without communication? I've befriended a few people only to be shot, stabbed, blown up, beat, run over seconds later. That's why I think most people are very cautious online and they'll blow your f*cking head off if you get too close. Then again, a lot of people are just trolls who kill people randomly hoping to start a battle with them. That's the risk you have to take when you're playing with people around the world that you don't even know.

• LeAristocrat likes this

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

Leader of the LeAristocrats

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:12 PM

I have a Mic seems 95% of other people don't... And I don't get mad about it I just don't see how it's any fun to go around killing the guy that spawns near you over n over and doesn't put up a fight... And I think your wrong about peaceful lobbies... I've had WAY more fun screwing around in the world then just killing people over in over...which get boring after about 5 min, I don't like deathmstch in FPS I don't wanna do it in GTA everytime. Lets screw around with planes fly under bridges or the other myriad of funny fun stuff to do... But alas it's just deathmatch over in over in over... Ya fun...

Yeah but you have to get to that point first, you have to win the lobby's respect before they attempt to do any of that stuff with you. Unless you just randomly join a friendly lobby. Just my experience but just wanted to chime in to help you out.

SomeRandomDave
  • SomeRandomDave

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:17 PM Edited by SomeRandomDave, 29 December 2013 - 10:22 PM.

Friendly lobby? Never heard of one... I always join lobbies where people just run around randomly killing each other and there's some assholes on the mic yellin' nigga' nigga' nigga' like 20 times and cursing and screaming... Ugh...

Jem450R
  • Jem450R

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

Win the respect of the lobby? Sorry but... No? If I go around raping everyone then they just run away from me because they know I'll just kill them. I try inviting people to 1v1 deathmatch to settle dispute but nobody wants that...

SomeRandomDave
  • SomeRandomDave

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

Win the respect of the lobby? Sorry but... No? If I go around raping everyone then they just run away from me because they know I'll just kill them. I try inviting people to 1v1 deathmatch to settle dispute but nobody wants that...

So basically you're a troll, right?

Jem450R
  • Jem450R

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

How's that make me a troll? Your two posts seem to make you a dumbass...
  • SinisterPredator likes this

SomeRandomDave
  • SomeRandomDave

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:03 PM Edited by SomeRandomDave, 29 December 2013 - 11:03 PM.

Well, obviously you kill others to get a reaction out of them and make them take you one on one. That clearly makes you a troll... My first post is completely true.

Jem450R
  • Jem450R

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:40 AM

Well, obviously you kill others to get a reaction out of them and make them take you one on one. That clearly makes you a troll... My first post is completely true.

No I only kill after I've been slaughtered 4-5 times... I was referring to the previous post of needing to get respect out of the lobby... I remain neutrul everytime I enter a lobby. I've litterally rolled up on someone honking the horn wanting to pick them up, then they shoot me and try to steal my car...

dzian
  • dzian

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

To be honest I have a mic. Mostly set to friends / crew only.

The problem is I bump into so many people that use cheap crappy headsets that sound horrible and pick up so much back ground noise and distortion you're going to get muted because no one can hear a damn thing. its the same in every game I play and I know a ton of people on my friendlist are exactly the same.

What I hate is the guys that invite you to a job and then cap you right afrer it. Ive started going passive before accepting jobs as it seems to keep you in passive when you return to free roam. Helps prevent douchebaggery

Jem450R
  • Jem450R

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:48 AM

My Xbox GT is same as username if any sane people wanna play... Most my friends have moved to Xbox one or simply don't play anymore...

SinisterPredator
  • SinisterPredator

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

We cant trust nobody in this game, i was friendly but now im evil,kill all noobs come close to me.

stabby mcstabstab
  • stabby mcstabstab

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

honestly i try to be peaceful with people usually only going after the people with bounties on them but free roam is basically a warzone, i get people trying to crash jets into me while im driving down the free way its crazy, and in my experience noobs are more less likely to shoot at me compared to someone with high lvl and large amounts of money so they can afford to drive around in a tank blowing up personal cars. its like the more money they have the more they grief sessions. no one even cars about bad sport lobbies it seems

stabby mcstabstab
  • stabby mcstabstab

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:42 AM

and wearing a headset in free mode is just annoying, the amount of 13 yr old squeakers playing this game is deafening

Fizwalker
  • Fizwalker

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

I have a mic.... I don't typically rage...  And I trust no one, but friends. I generally have an eye on the minimap and if I see someone approaching me, I will find a spot to take cover, and I will shoot them. I don't go out of my way to kill someone, and I won't kill them repeatedly if I do happen across someone--Unless they come after me repeatedly.

incidentally, if you're chasing me down with a faster car and I manage to kill you... I will blow up your ride to slow you down.

All of that said, if you're on mic, I am generally easy going and friendly. It's a shame that 99% of the lobbies I get thrown into, I seem to be on my own in these days.

theroc23
  • theroc23

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:33 AM

You put weapons in the hands of children and adults with the mentality of children...you can bet that most of them are going to be one demential with those weapons...and not at all interested in doing anything other than shooting at each other.

Reminds me of a lot of the people on Black Ops that refuse to use UAV and other non-lethal scorestreaks because they don't go "BOOM" when they press the button.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users