» «
Photo

The not so known weak spot of tank = the back

19 replies to this topic
Hoof-Hearted
  • Hoof-Hearted

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:06 AM Edited by Hoof-Hearted, 29 December 2013 - 07:07 AM.

Most people now know you can snipe a tank driver from a hundred yards away on the driver's hatch to take out a tank.

Although not many people know that the grill vents on the back of the Rhino Tank is the actual weak spot for explosions, heavy sniper bullets and minigun bullets.

hqdefault.jpg

It looks like attacking the tank from the back of the grill vents maybe halves the amount needed ammo to destroy it. It's not that big giant panel on the tank specifically, but pretty much the rear side of the tank in general.

However if you try shooting the tank from the front, rotating tank hull top and the sides then it, it would take forever since those parts of the tank are bulletproof or would take a long while before smoke damage would start appearing.

If you spray bullets with a minigun on the sides or frontside of a tank, you won't see any smoke damage appear at all, even after over 2000+ rounds. It's almost or probably bulletproof on those sides.

But if you were to shoot a minigun on the back grill vents of a tank, it would take about 900 rounds to blow it up. For a heavy sniper, takes about 83 shots to destroy a tank shooting from the back grill vents, although I'm sure it would be the same if you were to shoot it from over 100 yards away from any side due to the bullet physics glitch.

So here are my statistics of ammo needed to blow up a tank. The amount needed to destroy tank from the backside of the vent grills will be edited here

(any damage from the front or side doubles the amount required to blow it up. For example, 4 sticky bombs from the back would be 8 sticky bombs from the front or side)

(This was tested in the Deathmatch Creator mode)

RPG = 4 rockets (ex. 8 rockets if shot at from the front or side)

Grenade Launcher = (best accurate and fastest weapon to use against a tank on foot) = 4 grenades

Grenades = 4

Sticky Bombs = 4

Minigun = Around 900 bullets

Heavy Sniper = 83 bullets (which is 14 full 6 bullet clips) (do not need to shoot the back vent if you are sniping over 100 yards away due to bullet/car physics glitch)

Lazer Jet Machine Gun Cannons = 12 single shots

Buzzard Helicopter Rockets = 3

Rhino Tank Gun Cannon = 3

long story short =

ALWAYS AIM FOR THE BACK GRILL VENTED SIDE OF THE TANK

And use a grenade launcher, because it takes less than 5 seconds to destroy a tank with it!

• Shaundi., ten-a-penny and HeavyFuq like this

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

found it funny that the guy in the video was in bad sport. LOL

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:22 AM

I've made a tank explode by continuously hitting it in the rear with sniper rounds. It wasn't quick, but that proved to me that eventually, even without explosives, a tank in GTA Online will be destroyed by shooting it from behind. And as for explosives, that's already a well-established fact that 5 grenades to the rear will blow it up.

Silver_Paladin
  • Silver_Paladin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:24 AM Edited by Silver_Paladin, 28 December 2013 - 08:38 AM.

these talks about the back being the weakest spot is bullsh*t i have shot a tank 5 times in the back with my own tank and it always takes around 5 hits regardless

also today i stole someone else's tank and decided to sticky his tank with 5 on one of the grill vents and wait for him to get back in it.. detonated them and it didn't instantly blow it up.

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:25 AM

Only 50 shots from the heavy sniper? I'll have to start doing that. Lol. I'm too lazy to go to rooftops, so I just make sure I get at least 1 rpg at the tank each time I die. Before you know it, you're home free baby. ;)

Hoof-Hearted
  • Hoof-Hearted

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:27 AM Edited by Hoof-Hearted, 28 December 2013 - 08:29 AM.

Only 50 shots from the heavy sniper? I'll have to start doing that. Lol. I'm too lazy to go to rooftops, so I just make sure I get at least 1 rpg at the tank each time I die. Before you know it, you're home free baby. ;)

Not sure, just ball parking that it might be less than 50 considering the high damage of the sniper and the med-low rate of damage of the minigun.

Gonna say around 50-100 for heavy sniper?

Plus if you already did pop off a RPG or grenade blast to the tank, need to see how much reduction it takes for bullets to take it down.

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:29 AM

these talks about the back being the weakest spot is bullsh*t i have shot a tank 5 times in the bank with my own tank and it always takes around 5 hits regardless

You're wrong. 5-6 grenades or 5-6 sticky-bombs will blow up a tank from the rear.

That's a fact. There's a reason when I grab my tank to combat another tank, I never let them approach me from behind.

Silver_Paladin
  • Silver_Paladin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:31 AM Edited by Silver_Paladin, 28 December 2013 - 08:32 AM.

these talks about the back being the weakest spot is bullsh*t i have shot a tank 5 times in the bank with my own tank and it always takes around 5 hits regardless

You're wrong. 5-6 grenades or 5-6 sticky-bombs will blow up a tank from the rear.

That's a fact. There's a reason when I grab my tank to combat another tank, I never let them approach me from behind.

like i said, i have blown up around like 10 tanks myself with another tank and it has always taken around 5 direct hits. i now try to hit the back but it doesnt do any difference..or it isnt registering well for me.. im still convinced you guys were shooting an already damaged tank and think it takes only 3 shots from the back

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:32 AM

I'm assuming you don't like it up the ass? :(

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:35 AM

I've know this since I was a level 2 in Battlefield 3...

Isn't it kinda obvious?

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Military geek

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:49 AM

I've know this since I was a level 2 in Battlefield 3...

Isn't it kinda obvious?

Not really, this is GTA, the game where a tank can have flat "tires". Just because it's realistic doesn't mean it's obvous.

Hoof-Hearted
  • Hoof-Hearted

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:52 AM Edited by Hoof-Hearted, 28 December 2013 - 09:02 AM.

Just tested shooting the back grill vents of a tank with a heavy sniper.

Took a total 83 shots to explode.

Going to test other weapons now.

Tested with an RPG now.

From the back, it takes 4 RPG rounds to blow up a tank.

From the sides and front, it takes 8 RPG rounds to blow up a tank.

This is the same with the grenade launcher, which is a lot faster and more effective than the RPG.

Hoof-Hearted
  • Hoof-Hearted

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:24 AM Edited by Hoof-Hearted, 28 December 2013 - 09:27 AM.

Posted my updated stats on first post.

(any damage from the front or side doubles the amount required to blow it up. For example, 4 sticky bombs from the back would be 8 sticky bombs from the front or side)

Grenade Launcher = (best accurate and fastest weapon to use against a tank on foot) = 4 grenades

Grenades = 4

Sticky Bombs = 4

Heavy Sniper = 83 bullets (which is 14 full 6 bullet clips) (do not need to shoot the back vent if you are sniping over 100 yards away due to bullet/car physics glitch)

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:05 PM

Anyone whose played bf should know this.

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:09 PM Edited by Zoobz, 28 December 2013 - 03:09 PM.

I thought this was common knowledge.

At least more people know now.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

Interesting..  :^: 

HeavyFuq
  • HeavyFuq

H1pst3R

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

Most people now know you can snipe a tank driver from a hundred yards away on the driver's hatch to take out a tank.

Although not many people know that the grill vents on the back of the Rhino Tank is the actual weak spot for explosions, heavy sniper bullets and minigun bullets.

hqdefault.jpg

It looks like attacking the tank from the back of the grill vents maybe halves the amount needed ammo to destroy it. It's not that big giant panel on the tank specifically, but pretty much the rear side of the tank in general.

However if you try shooting the tank from the front, rotating tank hull top and the sides then it, it would take forever since those parts of the tank are bulletproof or would take a long while before smoke damage would start appearing.

If you spray bullets with a minigun on the sides or frontside of a tank, you won't see any smoke damage appear at all, even after over 2000+ rounds. It's almost or probably bulletproof on those sides.

But if you were to shoot a minigun on the back grill vents of a tank, it would take about 900 rounds to blow it up. For a heavy sniper, takes about 83 shots to destroy a tank shooting from the back grill vents, although I'm sure it would be the same if you were to shoot it from over 100 yards away from any side due to the bullet physics glitch.

So here are my statistics of ammo needed to blow up a tank. The amount needed to destroy tank from the backside of the vent grills will be edited here

Grenades = 4

Sticky Bombs = 4

long story short =

ALWAYS AIM FOR THE BACK GRILL VENTED SIDE OF THE TANK

And use a grenade launcher, because it takes less 5 seconds to destroy a tank with it!

Knew this already, but nice post +1

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

uhm that's not a heavy sniper in the video

GamerSenior
  • GamerSenior

Lolipop Seller

• Members