Quantcast

» «
Photo

Worst side missions/minigames in the GTA series?

13 replies to this topic
CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:43 AM

Even the your favorite GTA games has to have to those minigames and side missions that you just wish were not there.

For me it is:

• GTA San Andreas: Dancing, Hydraulic Minigame, Dating and Pool
  • GTA IV: Dating, Friendships, Pool and Bowling
  • GTA V: Yoga and Chop

Since I make my own fun, I don't remember too much of the minigames from other GTA games.

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:07 AM

Dancing and Yoga are at the bottom of my list of favorite things to do.

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:11 AM

I agree with dating from GTA: San Andreas. It was pointless and tedious IMO and offered nothing that was very beneficial for the player. This, as well as fact that the protagonist had to eat once in a while or else he would "become hungry" - it doesn't count as a side mission or a minigame; but I hated it nonetheless and how it was somewhat forced upon the player and thus was annoying as a result. Thankfully, it was never reintroduced in GTA titles following.

Ambulance missions in all of the 3D era GTA titles were also tedious and repetitive; and for very little reward for completing them other then a boost to your max health. Likewise with firefighting.

Friendships in GTA IV, IMO, weren't as bad as dating was in GTA: San Andreas as they at least offered proper reward for your effort - for example, being able to call Little Jacob so you can buy weapons and ammunition on the go when the player reaches a certain percentage with him, or being able to use Packie to set up car bombs, Dwayne's backup, etc. The friendship system in GTA V is more pointless, however, as it offered no reward or incentive what so ever.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

I've never been a fan of paramedic, firefighting, pizzaboy, courier, valet, quarry, trucking missions etc. Taxi missions are alright though, but IMO these side missions are the epitome of blandness. So glad none of this sh*t is in GTA IV/GTA V.

lol232
  • lol232

Even though you're fed up, you gotta keep your head up'.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:48 AM

I've never been a fan of paramedic, firefighting, pizzaboy, courier, valet, quarry, trucking missions etc. Taxi missions are alright though, but IMO these side missions are the epitome of blandness. So glad none of this sh*t is in GTA IV/GTA V.

I agree, but at least they were challenging.

Also, Taxi missions WERE in both IV and V though, but they weren't bad.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

Nah I know taxi missions are in GTA IV and GTA V. I was talking about the others.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

- Kill Frenzies!
- The RC challenges
- Dating in SA. Hope it never returns!
- The Kickstart stunt challenge in the stadium in SA. So frustrating...
- In IV, I didn't like golf (hope it's better in V. Is it?)
- All activities with friends in IV - leave me alone!
- I also hate paramedic and firefighting missions in all the games
- And I absolutely HATE running all over the maps searching for oysters, horseshoes, flying rats etc!

I didn't necessarily mind any of the other minigames/side missions. I actually loved some of them like the other stadium events, trucking, valet, gambling, vigilante, racing, flying checkpoint challenges in SA, triathlons and one of my favourites, pool. Some of the arcade games are not bad either..

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

I loved all SA minigames except dancing and horse challenge betting. Dancing had no point and horse betting was just money wasting.
The dating in IV and Yoga in V are also boring.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

GTA 4-Dating(i dont hate it nor i like it but it was realistic)
TLAD-(i didnt like the Gangwars/Turf Wars)but the storyline was one of the best in the series
GTA 5-Nothing to dislike for me,it the best GTA to date regardless of it few flaws or GTA Online but yeah i dont like Barry's side-missions

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

Dancing, hydrolics and yoga bore me.

TheRevolution
  • TheRevolution

Like a Superfly in the middle of July

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

Hot Coffee-it was so 'unpopular' it nearly shut the series down... :-P Just Kidding
But to be honest i think it was the Vigilante missions in Vice City cause you had cops coming after you when YOU were the cop and chasing the bad guy, never played a single one in any game ever again.
By the way where do you dance in SA? I haven't played that one yet so... no comment on that.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:37 AM

Hot Coffee-it was so 'unpopular' it nearly shut the series down... :-P Just Kidding
But to be honest i think it was the Vigilante missions in Vice City cause you had cops coming after you when YOU were the cop and chasing the bad guy, never played a single one in any game ever again.
By the way where do you dance in SA? I haven't played that one yet so... no comment on that.

Keep in mind when doing vigilante missions in any GTA you're still technically breaking the law. That's what a vigilante is.

TheRevolution
  • TheRevolution

Like a Superfly in the middle of July

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:21 AM

^ Thanks, i didn't know that.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

Anything along the dating/friendship spectrum. The only girlfriend I ever had in SA was the one in San Fierro which lets you keep your weapons when you die, and I never even did the actual dates. All it was was just driving around until you find a place she likes, watching an awkward cutscene of them ''bonding'' and then driving back to her house. Boring as hell. I don't understand why some people were so pissed when R* announced they weren't in GTA V.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users