Photo

[Latest News] Rockstars addresses GTA Online issues

111 replies to this topic
ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

In regards to reports of hacking and cheating in Grand Theft Auto Online, we are working on a fix that will remove any GTA$ gained through these blatant exploits, as well as prevent this from happening in the future. We'll also be taking appropriate measures very soon to punish anyone that we've discovered manipulating GTA Online in this manner (as we've stated previously, players who have received large sums of GTA$ but not engaged in any game manipulating through exploits can rest assured knowing they have nothing to fear).

If you have been gifted a large sum of money or collected a large bounty and would like to have the money removed from your account immediately, you can submit a request to Rockstar Support to have your balance properly adjusted. Otherwise, the money you've been gifted will be removed once our upcoming fix is in place.

Furthermore, if you encounter someone that is taking advantage of exploits in your GTA Online session, you can alert us directly by using the in-game reporting functionality. In the Pause menu, under the Online tab, select Players and scroll to the offending player. From there, select Report and choose Exploits from the violation options. We appreciate the community's support and understanding as we work to address these issues and apologize for all inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
Rockstar Games

http://www.rockstarg...nline-jobs.html

• GroundZero, SmoothGetaway, theNGclan and 6 others like this

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

Good news.

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond Creativity®

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:43 PM

Finally.

Good bye God Mod noobs.

• LancerG2 and Hermitor like this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:44 PM Edited by Raavi, 27 December 2013 - 09:50 PM.

Pinned. I'm sure everyone will want to see this.

• clevertrev, Vigilante-Angel and Hermitor like this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

I don't want my money being taken away.

:cry:

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

This is great news.  I only hope that it's a long term solution.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

Great news...i knew Rockstar is going to do something they care about GTA 5/GTA Online

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

Do you think that anyone who spent the money will go into minus? I was given money and put most of it on my second character, but I'll admit to buying a couple of cars and modding all my vehicles before I did. If they remove the total amount I was given, it would obviously be more than I currently have.
  • vanRooney30 and Mr.Honest like this

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:34 PM Edited by Ola441, 27 December 2013 - 11:35 PM.

Rockstar made it seem like they didn't care and would never do anything about it but this restores a lil bit of faith in them. I hope the patch works this time.

I hope some youtubers also get in trouble cos they are just as bad as the original hackers maybe even worse cos they taught literarily thousands of people how to break the game.
  • Ex Hellraiser likes this

JoeMamma
  • JoeMamma

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:16 AM Edited by JoeMamma, 28 December 2013 - 12:17 AM.

Good!  Glad to know these jackwagon's will get what's coming to 'em.  I despise cheaters with a passion.

• Hermitor likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

I better spend that 62 million pretty quick then! :pirate:

• IveGotNoValues and DangerZone77 like this

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:28 AM

Why would anyone complain about free money?

JoeMamma
  • JoeMamma

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:32 AM

Why would anyone complain about free money?

Most people want to do things their own way, not have someone hand them a bunch of money that they can use, instead of earning it themselves, myself included.

• Outplug, LancerG2, Hermitor and 1 other like this

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:31 AM

Thank you Rockstar! I might actually be interested in playing online occasionally now...
  • QuietJosh likes this

xBeaTz Remiix
  • xBeaTz Remiix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:46 PM

When will this happen?

• Brian359 and Mr.Honest like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

When will this happen?

probably in the new year

The_Regulator
  • The_Regulator

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

About time. I've got a couple friends who have received illicit funds from hackers though, so hopefully they're not caught in the crossfire when this goes into effect.

• OblivionWalker10 likes this

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

1. I hope my garage won't be cleared out since I bought some stuff.

2. I hope my balance doesn't go negative. 

I would be very, very disappointed if my purchases were taken away. I've been gifted over $2.5B, and Rockstar can't expect the tens of thousands of those with $1+ billion in their pocket to go forever without spending any of it. Many people I'm sure had to give up some previous purchases in order to accommodate their newfound luxury, and if R* took that away, they would be left with almost nothing. I wouldn't mind if R* emptied my wallet clean, but if I get penalized with deletions and/or negative balance, due to someone else's choice to give me money, my GTA V experience will be greatly reduced, and I may be less likely to purchase R* services in the future *wink wink Rockstar* *losing customers*

• Peregrin Brandytook, vanRooney30 and Mr.Honest like this

BeeGuy12
  • BeeGuy12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

Great news.  Keep it up Rockstar!!

actioncereal
  • actioncereal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

I was gifted the money by a few people and i didn't ask for it, but it has greatly enhanced my game play experience. The money has made things a lot more fun for me, and i don't the money should go. Of course the people who modded the money into the game should be punished, i get that, but the people who just randomly got the money shouldn't have it taken away unless they want the money gone. I don't see a problem with people keeping the money, because it's made things much more fun for me. I can actually have fun just modding cars and blowing things up in the tank, and just having fun with my other friends who got money the same way i did, just playing around in free mode. I love the money, i don't want to lose it, it has made the game more enjoyable for me. There going to do whatever they want to do, but I think I speak for a lot of people in saying the game has gotten more fun because of the money.  

• Lil ski and Peregrin Brandytook like this

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:35 AM

Well I was gifted my money but never asked for it but I'm not complaining. In fact it increased my experience with the game and I could enjoy it as much as I do SP.
Well to those who feel the same as me, better hit up the stores and dealerships online cuz
*YEAR END SALE! BUY BUY BUY! Everything MUST go!!*
  • Peregrin Brandytook, vanRooney30 and B00Minyourface like this

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:50 AM Edited by Lazyboy., 29 December 2013 - 10:53 AM.

What a bunch of wankers. How does getting billions "ruin the game experience". What would be the difference between buying $2 billion and being gifted $2 billion?

Outright admit it Rockstar, the ONLY reason you give a sh*t about this is because nobody is buying your f*cking cash cards. Nobody gives a sh*t, stop trying to burst in and get the attention. People are enjoying the game when they've got that money, appreciate that. When you're bursting in desperate for attention, you get rid of the money, and then nobody will give a sh*t about your game at all.

I'm done with GTAO until Heists, but the heists will be pointless anyway. They'll give barely any money and there'll be a week-long timer or some sh*t so people don't ACTUALLY get money for ROBBING A BANK.
  • Peregrin Brandytook and matajuegos01 like this

GTA4L1fe
  • GTA4L1fe

Outlaws till the end

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

Jeez, it's just a videogame. Rockstar takes this money thing way to seriously. It's like GTA$ is a real currency and now we face jail because of "blatant" frauds.

GTA IV's multiplayer was simple yet brilliant. You could just pick up & play and be equal to all other players.
  • grandthefthoughto and stjimmy3 like this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

Jeez, it's just a videogame. Rockstar takes this money thing way to seriously

R* was projected to earn $93 million in cash card sales over 5 years. All this virtual money floating around is costing them real money.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

What would be the difference between buying $2 billion and being gifted $2 billion?

$32,000
  • Ex Hellraiser and vanRooney30 like this

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

What would be the difference between buying $2 billion and being gifted $2 billion?

$32,000

And R* ruin the game just for $32,000?

Desperate whores.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

And now completely fix GTA Online by removing it and adding IVs multiplayer + the housing, vehicle storing and money systems.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

$32,000

Desperate whores.

Well, few people would or could drop that kind of money on a game but the microtransactions add up. $93 million projected in 5 years. I don't approve but I get why they're doing it.

I don't see this as wrecking the game, it just won't be as fun for some of us.

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

$32,000

Desperate whores.

Well, few people would or could drop that kind of money on a game but the microtransactions add up. $93 million projected in 5 years. I don't approve but I get why they're doing it.

I don't see this as wrecking the game, it just won't be as fun for some of us.

They're f*cking idiots if they expect $93 million across the next 5 years. Everyone has already played around with Adders etc, everyone already has all te fun stuff. Do they have $93 million right now? Obviously f*cking not. They'll never get $93 million. Removing money only decreases the number of players, which means less people to buy any sh*tty DLC they churn out.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Ireland
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

Tip: When someone gives you hacked money, turn off the console immediately! This way, the money will not get saved because the game didn't connect to R*'s cloud storage to save the progress.

I was given money last night, game crashed when I tried to report the guy. I restarted the console and the money was gone. Later, I tried to make a test with a friend. We robbed a store and he shared cut with me, I switched off the console the moment he gave me money and when I went back to Online, the cut he gave me was gone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users