Quantcast

» «
Photo

Blessed with 4 Billion... am I gonna to get banned?

17 replies to this topic
PoeticDreamer
  • PoeticDreamer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

So... I jumped into a game last night where everyone was going crazy with tanks and other stuff which is now the norm of this game. I walked out of my apartment and instantly get shot by two people in a car with bounties on their heads. Normally I do what everyone would have done chase and claim the money on their heads. After a crazy chase I killed both of the douchbags with a sticky and I thought the money would have been like a couple of thousand... Man I was wrong they both had 2 billion on their heads. I was hyped to get the money but now i'm thinking to myself am I gonna get banned for just playing the game normally? 

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

No

paddiwak87
  • paddiwak87

Le Sage

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

No probably not, as long as you didn't share the cash that is...
  • Sugar Free Nos likes this

Jlogano22
  • Jlogano22

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

Don't share it and you should be fine
  • Sugar Free Nos likes this

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Previous Username: Bull12345Bull

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

Send a report to Rockstar via this link: http://support.rocks...us/requests/new and hope that they won't ban you.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

Send a report to Rockstar via this link: http://support.rocks...us/requests/new and hope that they won't ban you.

I wouldn't do this.

It's not your job to police GTA for Rockstar.

I'll start reporting people who give out money when Rockstar starts sending me paychecks in the mail.

• smokingndriving, Action Jackson 420, BM92 and 1 other like this

DirtFarmer
  • DirtFarmer

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:36 PM

nb4 locked due to being the billionth thread created about this topic

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Previous Username: Bull12345Bull

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

I wouldn't do this.

I'll start reporting people who give out money when Rockstar starts sending me paychecks in the mail.

With "send a report" I meant describing the incident and telling them not to ban you, I didn't tell you to report the hacker.

Dr. Sadler
  • Dr. Sadler

When the bullet hits the bone.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

Four billion, that's chump change. But no you will not get banned.

Action Jackson 420
  • Action Jackson 420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

SO... MANY... THREADS!!

Argonaut
  • Argonaut

What is a DJ if he can't scratch?

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

Oh my god for the last time f*ck no.

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

Yep, you're going to get banned, then they will come and take your console from you and work you as a sex slave to repay the money.

God why does everyone think "ohnoes imma get banneded for having money, i wish I was still a broke mofo".

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

So... I jumped into a game last night where everyone was going crazy with tanks and other stuff which is now the norm of this game. I walked out of my apartment and instantly get shot by two people in a car with bounties on their heads. Normally I do what everyone would have done chase and claim the money on their heads. After a crazy chase I killed both of the douchbags with a sticky and I thought the money would have been like a couple of thousand... Man I was wrong they both had 2 billion on their heads. I was hyped to get the money but now i'm thinking to myself am I gonna get banned for just playing the game normally? 

Yes.

No.

Maybe.

Blueberry pancakes.

deanstroyer
  • deanstroyer

West Side White Boy

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:58 PM Edited by deanstroyer, 27 December 2013 - 08:00 PM.

you were not going to get banned if you just kept playing like you never received anything, BUT here is where you went wrong. you just announced it to 1000 people , 20 of which now just reported you to R*, and 1 of those 20 work for R*(probably not, just fear mongering ). 

k3IukIS.gif

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:58 PM

"Blessed" ? lol, sorry just find that an odd word.. Are the hackers akin to Jesus these days?

rofl.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:01 PM

I wouldn't do this.

With "send a report" I meant describing the incident and telling them not to ban you, I didn't tell you to report the hacker.

But, even then, I am required to get onto a different device, make an account, and send a report to R* just to prevent myself from getting banned even though I've done nothing wrong? 

That's just silly and that is not my job. Rockstar should be the ones searching through this mess themselves and putting people in the cheddar pool who "deserve" it, not me.

DirtFarmer
  • DirtFarmer

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

"Blessed" ? lol, sorry just find that an odd word.. Are the hackers akin to Jesus these days?
rofl.

i think he was implying that since the story of jesus is fake and GTA is a game they're the same thing.
  • Canucks555 and topkek like this

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:14 PM Edited by smokingndriving, 27 December 2013 - 08:19 PM.

I wouldn't do this.

Thank you - freaking exactly.

We shouldn't have to sit there with a calculator, we shouldn't have to sit there noting everyone's names who are doing this that or the other in this bizarre situation. We shouldn't have to police the damn game.

I was sitting there the other day and moving nearly $2B to a second character just to sort of move given money aside to a secondary character and leave it there (I know moving to the second character and deleting the character doesn't work) and as I'm doing it, $10M at a time (so nearly 200 times, you can go $10M at a time at the ATM), I'm sitting there thinking, what the F am I doing? This is ridiculous. I should not have to be sitting here trying to manage the money or have to report it and wait probably two weeks or more for someone there to figure out what's what.

It's unfortunate this happened to what's otherwise a great game, but their handling of this situation has been more or less sticking their head in the sand. The communication has been awful. They had to put a big note on the forum to stop posting the same questions about the money issue and report it. Their forum is a complete mess.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users