Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Poll] Job Heists vs Lobby Heists [Would you Rather...]

15 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you rather... (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you rather..

1. Have a heist in a session like how jobs are done (25 votes [51.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.02%

2. Have a heist in a public lobby like how store robberies are done (24 votes [48.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.98%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

So would you rather...

A) Have heists in a lobby like how missions are done right now (where other players can't interfere)

or 

B) Have heists in a public/private lobby how store robberies are done

And why

Here's my opinion, on it (feel free to disagree). I'm sort of mixed in this. R* said before launch that heists were going to be an experience where you can rob a bank, then share the money amongst the group. And if one of the group members weren't happy, he could shoot you in the back and take it all for himself. This is an interesting concept, and would be even more interesting if someone were robbing a bank, and then another group comes along (that wanted to rob the same bank) and then there's a gang shootout while at the same time cops are coming to help the bank. Also, it would be alot easier if there weren't loading screens so you don't have to enter and leave sessions.

The opposite can be said though, what if you were robbing a bank, and there's a big old tank waiting for you outside to make sure you can't have fun. Or if you rob a bank, and you and your member are celebrating how you just escaped the cops and meeting at checkpoint - only to have a buzzard start following you trying to shoot you down, and later holds a grudge for not letting him kill you and starts harassing you. Or right as your robbing the place - someone places a bounty on you + calls Merryweather. So many things could go wrong. Plus having a job lobby could make way for some awesome cutscenes which can't be done in a lobby with a bunch of players running around.

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

Lol public bank robberies. I can see what happens with that. Tanks show up and kill you all.

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

I'd say lobby. Much more planing would have to go into it. It would be very immersive.
  • DannyMan likes this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

SHOWTIME is my savior

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

I would much rather have it in a job type setting.

In a perfect world, Lester would have you come to the planning room of your apartment. Then he would outline the job for you and possibly give you suggestions. Then he would give you a list of "heist resources" which you can rent/purchase for specific use on heists. These would be things like vans with bulletproof tires for transport, helicopters, dirtbikes parked in a specific location and weapon supply drops for lower level characters.

You could then complete the heist in any way you see fit. You could go with one of Lester's suggestions or do things your on way. Pegasus vehicles wouldn't be allowed during heists, so any resource you would like to use would have to be rented from Lester. This would also prevent using tanks as your getaway vehicle.

Your percentage cut would be based on how many resources Lester had procured for you. He would take up to 27% off the top and the rest would be split how the heist leader see's fit. Lester's percentage would obviously be very low if you only use a few of the resources or you used none at all.   

But, the way it will most likely be is: you go into the planning room where Lester gives you two choices. Plan A or B.

Pick one...

I really hope it isn't only 2 choices... That would be very repetitive. 

• Black & White likes this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Nineteen

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

Public lobbies, more excitement/unpredictability. 

Bourjois
  • Bourjois

Life is but a dream

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

Lobby, but they won't.

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

I would prefer a Job type heist myself. Especially with the current state of Tank Commander: Online, the only thing that will happen with the majority of actual public lobby heists is failure, frustration and ultimately making the addition pointless.

hsthompson
  • hsthompson

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

Ha! Neither. I already have all the money I need so why am I gonna pay for DLC?

Bourjois
  • Bourjois

Life is but a dream

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

You could always go for invite only, or public. So with lobby heists you get both sorta.

MagicNarcosis
  • MagicNarcosis

The Original.

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

The planning room would become pointless.

The unpridictability of the world drives immersion (at least for me) and not knowing what the rest of the players will or will not do adds onto the stress level for me. It creats a good gaming experience.

A lobby is so straight forward and bland.

Do this job here, with this stuff, in a menu.

It takes out a lot of things that add to the experience. If you're worried about people with tanks and being immature at play, then use your skill and numbers to alieviate yourselves of the nuisance, or show dips, and create your own invite only session where you can't be disturbed.

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

I would prefer it to be in a public lobby for the seamlessness- sadly, the tanks would ruin that. If tanks were "fixed" (ex., they open up Fort Zancudo so you have to sneak in there and steal one or they appear in random events like crate drops and people are refunded for their pegasus ones) then I would love it in a public lobby; if nothing else, it would make escaping the bank much more fun, with you running from both the police AND other players.

Remember, though, there ARE private lobbies if you're worried about tanks- get a few friends together and load up an invite-only lobby and you're set.

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

both I would like to have it so you plan it with all your friends in your apartment, gather all the stuff in a public lobby with friends then undertake the job in an instanced world and then it would auto split the winning from the job and you should get RP Depending on the job you do :)

Mr.Faustin
  • Mr.Faustin

El Presidente.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:07 AM

Public. Sure there would be tanks and all that but man, I'd love to have a shootout with another gang of bank robbers.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

Definitely definitely in lobbies!!! I'd like to see EVERY mode available either as in lobby or a private room - missions, deathmatches, races, etc.

Think about it. If you start a mode it's like starting the game over in terms of you being there in the world.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

bump

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:56 AM

Ha! Neither. I already have all the money I need so why am I gonna pay for DLC?

Shush child the grownups are having a discussion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users