» «
Photo

Why I think heists won't work in Online

9 replies to this topic
JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:57 PM Edited by JustRob, 27 December 2013 - 06:57 PM.

I know everyone is very excited about the DLC heists that may or may not be released, but unfortunately I have to say I can't see it working in Online. 

The only people who will be able to do them are those who have a very structured and organized crew, with every person knowing exactly what they need to do and how. It's not like in singleplayer, where you have your entire NPC crew doing everything for you and just shooting some guys with relative ease because of the little damage and whatnot.

So people who don't have that, solo people, or even a handful of random people put together, most likely won't be able to pull it off. I imagine heists will be like the end-game of GTA Online. Not to mention there's the 99% chance that everyone will be trying to kill the other guys in order to take their cut of the money.

I think Rockstar knows it too, which is why it hasn't been implemented yet.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

in case you havent noticed  , people are getting gifted money like crazy and god modders are running amok  in the lobbies . things like that are probably why rockstar hasnt released heists yet

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:32 PM Edited by Cudwieser, 27 December 2013 - 07:33 PM.

in regards to OP. I can't say if you're right or not, though I've been thinking how such a thing can be implemented online for a single player (basically a hire-able crew like in single player with similar cuts for experience and reliability of crew (with higher splits between human players)). What's to say you couldn't set up a one many heist (do all the prep and donkey work before hand yourself). Payouts wouldn't be as much but on smaller targets where smaller assets are concerned a thomas crown affair could be achievable for up to 100k. 

Getting back on track though. Rock star would be damned if they don't introduce something as they sai they would. If they do...

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

First, if they don't release it, they will be selling lies. Because even their trailer mentioned that we could do heist, although in fact, we don't have it until now and will come through patch.

Second, it's true how chaotic the situation is now. Los Santos is like Gaza Strip if the room is full of players. Surely you need to have at least some real life friends to gang up or a crew you know good.

The problem with Rockstar now is that they try to fix the distorted in-game economy because of hackers by pulling our money even more, instead of put a work to create an 'anti-hacker' system. It's ridiculous now for us who didn't glitch or hack.

Artichoke
  • Artichoke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

Payday 2 worked out pretty well for robbing banks with random people, Im sure it wont be hard in GTAO.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

We'll see, I won't be surprised if there's something coded into the game making Heists easier with randoms (less cops etc.).

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:48 AM

What would really take the online heists over the top are if we get to submit ourselves for heists by our chosen "Skill" for example...I'm good at shooting and driving, so I would submit a "resume" and let the Heist boss decide how to use me from a list of getaway drivers or firepower support.

My flying skill is low so I wouldn't be on top of the "Getaway pilot" list.

SinisterPredator
  • SinisterPredator

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:55 AM

they need fix those problem before, atleast  can.......

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:56 AM

What would really take the online heists over the top are if we get to submit ourselves for heists by our chosen "Skill" for example...I'm good at shooting and driving, so I would submit a "resume" and let the Heist boss decide how to use me from a list of getaway drivers or firepower support.

That would be awesome if they were to do something like that.

s1ckmad3
  • s1ckmad3

Head Don Of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:07 AM

that would be so epic if they implemented that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users