» «
Photo

Pulling your plug on Gifted money

19 replies to this topic
hercules888
  • hercules888

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:50 PM Edited by hercules888, 27 December 2013 - 06:58 PM.

This is just an observation from my own personal experience and not factual data...

I started pulling my plug from the back of my ps3 when i was gifted a large sum of money to prevent it from saving to the cloud, however now im experiencing issues with "timing out" or "can not find a compatible lobby with friends"...Also, i have had my first and only car get eaten by the cloud...I have tried just signing out, but the money still registered so that was why i had to go to the measures of actually pulling the plug...just a warning to people because i have never had a problem with anything since day one..

IM TALKING ABOUT MY INTERNET PLUG NOT POWER CORD, LMAO @ some people

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

K

• Sugar Free Nos likes this

gulsh
  • gulsh

cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

just keep the money and dont be a pussie

• hsthompson likes this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

why pull the plug

press the damn power button 

hercules888
  • hercules888

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

just keep the money and dont be a pussie

ok thank you for your incredibly intellectual comment, enjoy your day  :colgate:

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:55 PM

Wow, that was a horrible idea to pull the plug. Good luck with that.

hercules888
  • hercules888

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:55 PM

why pull the plug

press the damn power button 

i figured that was even worse, just doing a "hard" shutoff, i was under the impression that was the worst thing to do

heybud
  • heybud

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:56 PM

Best way to destroy your console... pulling the plug when it is powered on. Good luck with that
  • vahnx likes this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

"Sucks to your ass-mar."

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:56 PM Edited by Sugar Free Nos, 27 December 2013 - 06:59 PM.

What do you mean by "pulling the plug"? Do you mean disconnecting your internet to prevent the game from saving? If so, it must be frustrating having to disconnect your console from the internet every five minutes when someone gives you money.

Just go with it, don't worry about the money. Spend it if you want to; don't if you don't.

Your problem probably comes from you having a problem with your internet connection. I doesn't have anything to do with the money in your bank account or the fact that you've disconnected your console from the internet several times, unless you've been shutting off your router over and over. I can't imagine that would be good for it.

Also, I think OP pulled the plug for the insurance money...

Another joke:

I pull on my plug every time I look at my bank balance...

Soooo many zeros!

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

It seems like pulling the plug from my PS3 will damage my PS3 more than being gifted money will damage my GTAO.

• vahnx likes this

hercules888
  • hercules888

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

im talking about my internet plug, lmao...did u actually think i was talking about the power cord?

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

It takes 10 minutes to buy 100 z-types. Been gifted 200 mill so far and got rid of it all in 20 minutes.

Ain't that hard to bring your account back to normal if it's only 100 million at a time you need to get rid of.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:05 PM

just dashboard out man

no need to pull the plug

how the heck do you do that anyway?

do you have your console sitting right next to you or what?

s1xty7
  • s1xty7

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

I filed a support ticket with R* to have then remove my gifted money, but since then I've picked up another $4 billion.  At this point, I told them they could reset my money to $0 but I don't think anything will ever come of it.  Time to just start buying tanks and chradders.

Truthfully, I've been harassing the hell out of freeroam since I got the money.  Its a different spin on the game than what I was playing before.  Oddly, while I still like missions, races, DMs, etc, the random freeroam warfare amuses me.  I laugh a lot more playing it.  There are a lot more of those tense situations where it's you vs them, and then you both get blown up by a tank.  I'm not worried about vehicle costs, death costs, or ammo costs.

One night, while on foot, I started picking on a tanker and his little buddy that was baiting people into coming close enough.  I think my final kill count against the two of them was slightly in my favor, which I thought was good against the two of them with me on foot.  Took about an hour and a half and laughed the whole time.  Then, last night, I started a war with a God mode player.  He kept wondering why I was the only one able to kill him.  Pro tip: it appears God mode isn't 100% God mode.  If you empty a mag into their head, you can watch their life drop.  As soon as you miss or have to reload though, it immediately shoots back to full.  You need a big enough magazine and a whole string of head shots but eventually their life will hit 0.  At least that is what was happening with this guy.

TL/DR: I gave up trying to get rid of the money and enjoy the freedom its given me. I enjoy the game MORE now.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

I must be the only person on GTA O that has never been gifted money :)

People act like it happens every 5 minutes. It dosnt. Seriously. Just avoid the 12 year old script kiddies and your golden. You can easiliy spot them on radar and just go about your day and try to rememebr who has the Billion dollar bounties so you dont end up killing them.

But lets face it. This game is going to be nothing but Private/Invite/Frends servers soon and all that will be left in free roam will be the script kids shooting each other while all in God mode and circle jerking in a pool of their billions of R* dollars that they have nothing to spend on anyway.

vahnx
  • vahnx

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

LOL why would you pull the plug? You trying to kill your PS3? Just unplug your ethernet cable.

s1xty7
  • s1xty7

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:18 PM Edited by s1xty7, 27 December 2013 - 07:19 PM.

I must be the only person on GTA O that has never been gifted money :)

Careful what you write.  I said the same thing just a few days ago and that night I got $64 million.  I had only ever encountered 1 hacker/modder to that point.  In the few days since, I have another $4 billion and have encountered dozens of hackers/modders.  It seems like they are coming out of the wood work recently.

And I'm trying for the Numero Uno trophy so yes, I have to play in public servers as I hardly ever have any friends on and they're not really into helping me grind trophies.

hsthompson
  • hsthompson

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:23 PM

I'm not pulling sh*t.

Not my fault this damn company took cars out of people's garages only to create hackers to give away millions.

Spend the money and be proud about it.

If cockstar bans accounts for this well, f*ck them proper.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

I'm not pulling sh*t.

Not my fault this damn company took cars out of people's garages only to create hackers to give away millions.

Spend the money and be proud about it.

If cockstar bans accounts for this well, f*ck them proper.

Not everyone wants to be a Billionaire without working.

Also if the answer to R* removing cars is to break the game then fu*k all the script kiddies proper. No skill scrubs using any excuse as justification for their actions. 

hercules888
  • hercules888

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

LOL why would you pull the plug? You trying to kill your PS3? Just unplug your ethernet cable.

thats what i am doing...u don't read very well

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users