19 replies to this topic
stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:38 PM

http://www.lazygamer...broken-economy/

This is from the end of October, They've had 2 months and multiple patches and it's just become an epidemic.

When did you first get gifted?

and

Do you think they haven't tried fixing it yet because it wasn't wide spread or do you think they just can't fix it?

nyancatmeows
  • nyancatmeows

Boss Cat

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:53 PM Edited by nyancatmeows, 27 December 2013 - 05:55 PM.

Like on Christmas eve I think i got 100million and then seconds after i got another 200mil ....
I freaked out trying to get rid of it buy buying sh*t, funniest and stupidest idea ever..
They can definetly fix it,well I think they can.. They should reset the banks of hacked and the hackers.. and possibly reset the pegasus garages...

Edit: That article is quite old!

polandownsjr
  • polandownsjr

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:56 PM

Got gifted 300mil 3 days ago. If you cant beat them join em

Wallywhitehurst
  • Wallywhitehurst

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

If there was an easy fix it would have been patched in. They either can't fix it or the fix is going to take a lot of reworking of code, which will mean stability issues and all that.

My prediction, when the first heist comes out we either get completely reset or we lose all of our money but keep our rp, but considering how widespread this has become it might take a global reset to get back under control.

Nyraider77
  • Nyraider77

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

They don't care. They figured out who had certain vehicles but they can't figure out who is glitching C'MON MAN!!!!! Play it or don't it is what it is

*GREY_WOLF*
  • *GREY_WOLF*

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

If there was an easy fix it would have been patched in. They either can't fix it or the fix is going to take a lot of reworking of code, which will mean stability issues and all that.

My prediction, when the first heist comes out we either get completely reset or we lose all of our money but keep our rp, but considering how widespread this has become it might take a global reset to get back under control.

GLOBAL RESET ????????

TinyMcBig
  • TinyMcBig

BigMcTiny

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

There is no economy. Just lots of people with lots of stuff they shouldn't have.

Spiffy McNugget
  • Spiffy McNugget

Titled Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

Economy broken since release of gtao. If the "economy" was ever working then BWSAQ would have went live.
  • thehomelessclown1 likes this

xLuCx
  • xLuCx

lolwut?

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

Lol gtao has an economy? When did this happen?
  • Sugar Free Nos likes this

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

Agreed. Many games have been reset in the past due to cheaters and even though most cry "I'll never play it again", they always come back. It's time to fix the problems and reset the game. It's the only option and I can see it happening.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

Do you think they haven't tried fixing it yet because it wasn't wide spread or do you think they just can't fix it?

They've been extremely lazy when it comes to this. It took them about 3-4 patches to fix LSC completely (idk whether it still works). People are now being threatened with a ban, which is fair. But instead of taking so much time to ban thousands on thousands of players, why not actually look into your code carefully and fix it the best you can, and not just 'disable' what doesn't work - like when they disabled shared cash.
  • Magick likes this

K-lub84
  • K-lub84

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

Like on Christmas eve I think i got 100million and then seconds after i got another 200mil ....
I freaked out trying to get rid of it buy buying sh*t, funniest and stupidest idea ever..
They can definetly fix it,well I think they can.. They should reset the banks of hacked and the hackers.. and possibly reset the pegasus garages...

Edit: That article is quite old!

They better not wipe my pegusus garage! I bought everything with legit money I grinded for!!! I had everything at the end of october. No glitches just grinding and restarting missions!!!

DevsNzL
  • DevsNzL

I'm Watching You

• Members
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

One reason they won't do a global reset like in wiping everyones money.  You can say it won't  happen but it will people that spent real cash on the cash cards I am sure will have a legit case to sue them. 

FrozenInferno
  • FrozenInferno

Heisenberg

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:09 PM

They know who spent real money on cash cards, if they do a reset they will look at your history and re-deposit all the cash you ever bought.

paddiwak87
  • paddiwak87

Le Sage

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

Do you really think that even if they do reset everyone that they'll stop all the billions flowing in from hackers?? Hahaha... No. I never hacked a game before in my life, I'm far from good with a computer and yet I managed to "hack" gta with the tunables. Up till now I probably gained 700-800 billion and shared atleast a third of it. If I can do it anybody can. That's how messed up gta's so called "economy" is.

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

There is no such thing as an economy in GTA.

None.

So get over using the word as though it means something to this game.

To have an economy you have to have multiple means of acquiring money, be it slaving away at missions ( also called grinding which they refuse to allow us to do ), collecting and selling items/equipment, collecting and selling materials, any of these would equate to an economy.  As such, there is only grind for bullsh*t scraps.  

A global reset would do more harm than good.  You really think they would bother going through each individual account to look for "cheaters"?  No.  Every single person would get the blanket.  Everyone.  And there are many many people who do not go to forums for the game, and as such, would have no idea why a reset would be happening, and many more would stop supporting Rockstar altogether.

So there needs to be a viable solution to the problem, not a "global thermonuclear account strike".

Because I can tell you now, until there is a way to turn in my millions on GTA back to Rockstar for cash, then I do not feel sorry for people hacking billions of dollars of money.

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

I'll keep playing til they reset, then I'll move on to my ps4 that has sat neglected because gtao is too much fun. :D

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:46 PM Edited by Jack Reacher, 27 December 2013 - 07:46 PM.

WHAT

FUKlNG

ECONOMY??!!

• jdkzombie likes this

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

GTA Online 1.17 Retiree.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

This games "Economy" >>> Any real world economy.

Xcali1985
  • Xcali1985

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

Part of the problem I think is that some of the exploits are part of the core operation of the game like modding the tunables.json. That would require a restructuring of the way the game communicates with Rockstar. In addition it would only take a few minutes for hackers and modders to figure out what changed.

Currently Rockstar uses 1 address file for variables and another address file for the cloud saves. This is allowing the modders and hackers to manipulate the variables address while allowing the information to be saved.

The reason I suspect Rockstar did this is so you can still continue to play online even if the cloud servers fail momentarily. If they would have the tunables file on the console it would be easily accessible by CFW consoles. By placing it online they were probably hoping to avoid that, however, with DNS and some cunning networking they were able to re-route to a stored modified tunable and break the game.

How Rockstar can fix this is above me, but I can say with the utmost confidence, that what ever they do it will only be a matter of time before there is another hack. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users