Photo

This game really is that bad...

24 replies to this topic
Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:26 PM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 27 December 2013 - 06:07 PM.

Edit: The title is misinterpreting. GTAOnline is a great game, what I meant is the experience for newer players isn't as enjoyable as launch, as you're pretty much shoved into a lobby with 200+ that are all aggressive and will attack you just for appearing on the minimap (even if you're 5 blocks away). The thread is just a story/experience and an opinion I think that could fix it.

If you make a new character you're pretty much matched with all level 100+s that if you so much as appear on the minimap you will get griefed until no tomorrow (all with supermodded vehicles, tanks, or grade A weapons), keep in mind you're a level 3 with a pistol.

So here's a suggestion which I think would've worked well for newer players. Match new players with new players or somehow make it so not everyone in one lobby is 200+, this way it's not WW2 as soon as you log in (if someone were to buy GTAOnline and play it this second, I'm sure a lot of people would like to get the hang of the game first before automatically being griefed by a lobby filled with glitchers). The game lobby should vary so it's possible you're matched with a few people your level (1-40s).

Edit:To the internet warriors that felt it was better to flame people then to actually post an opinion. Here's a cute picture of a cat.

Spoiler

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

False Shepherd

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

tl;dr, someone blew him up

• imsharksharkwho and PAGTAPhilly like this

hallobree
  • hallobree

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

when i join a session half of the session are > lvl 300 players

deal with it.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:28 PM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 27 December 2013 - 05:29 PM.

TL DR; suggestion to make Online a bit more easier for new players so they don't have to look over their shoulder every 2 seconds.

Edit: To the first 2 comments, this isn't a f*cking rant, if I wanted to rant I could say aloooooooooooot more. This is a story and a suggestion to make the game better for new people who dont' want to get minigun'd, RPG'd, and harassed by level 1000's.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

TLDR...is a phrase that should die a horrible death.  Go give someone a synopsis of a book that you did not read.

• Juanfartez likes this

Magick
  • Magick

Embrace the Chaos

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

You should have definitely killed him over and over. It's the only way those kind of players learn

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:34 PM

oh cmon, stop with this tl:dr. I agree with you OP but it never happened to me when i started a new character a week ago.

Still i agree, they should seperate low level players with high. I've seen a level 1 player when i joined a session lol I'm Level 110.

• Lee Everett and Juanfartez like this

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:38 PM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 27 December 2013 - 05:40 PM.

Has anyone that has started a new character, or that just started the game ever had a similar experience? Where you're trying to avoid people that are just chasing you throughout the entire game? 

It's funny because I've never felt this until today. On my main character I usually have the 'dont care' attitude and if they follow me they're very much going to get their ass handed to them. But starting on a new character it's like you KNOW everyone is against you and your only option is to run, there are no friends, just level 100+ with very fast cars and weapons, you're certain to die since they'll have a tank or a highly modded vehicle.

Definitely a different experience lol (I think it'd be more fun if you were matched with people around your level 10-40s).

Two gun
  • Two gun

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:41 PM

Wow Op put a pad in your underwear cause you are bleeding all over your floor.
  • PAGTAPhilly likes this

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

made a new character but the same happened. I wanted to save the asea. Douchemonkeys like to ruin everything for no reason. Welcome to GTAO bitches!

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

Wow Op put a pad in your underwear cause you are bleeding all over your floor.

And it has begun. The Internet Warrior of the day. Congratulations!  :cookie:

DirtFarmer
  • DirtFarmer

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

dude... thats what you get for hitting a light pole.
  • Lee Everett likes this

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Cyber Multiculturalist

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

Edit: The title is misinterpreting. GTAOnline is a great game, what I meant is the experience for newer players isn't as enjoyable as launch, as you're pretty much shoved into a lobby with 100+ that are all aggressive and will attack you just for appearing on the minimap (even if you're 5 blocks away). The thread is just a story/experience and an opinion I think that could fix it.

I decided I wanted to make a new character today - just to add more interest to the game. As you know you start from nothing and become a Kingpin.

Well after winning the races, the game makes you do somewhat of a tutorial. After I finished the race I kept the car I had (Surge) and was pretty happy about it since it looked pretty darn epic. So I do the tutorial, and all I'm seeing is explosions from players killing each other. I try to evade this as best I can while doing the tutorial (so I can unlock the Mod Shop and insure my car). I even went as far as enabling Passive Mode. 

Well, after about 15 minutes of tutorial and trying to avoid idiots, I finally unlocked the Mod Shop. As I head there in the car I used for my first race. I see there's already a player there coming out. So I head the opposite way, to avoid him - so he doesn't see me. As I'm heading the opposite way I'm looking at my minimap, this jackass is following me. In shock wondering what the hell is going to happen next, I crash into a lamp, 3, 2, 1, I'm gone. The guy placed a sticky bomb on my car and blew me all the way to Timbuktu.

I checked what level this guy was. - Level 351. What level was I? - Level 3.

It's sad what a bunch of jackasses some of these people have become. I won't lie I was pretty mad at first and was considering going onto my main and following this guy and killing him, over, and over, but it's not worth it.

Here's a suggestion which I think would've worked well for newer players. Match new players with new players. If someone is level 1 match him with no one higher than level 30... 

Same thing happened to me, I wanted the Asea you get from the tutorial, Got blown up by a player in a tank next to LSC, Good thread, Niko

• Lee Everett likes this

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

Hmm user name and starting a second character would make one think OP should know how to play. But no. R* must change the game. Stay in a private,invite,crew,or friend lobby. MUCH easier.
  • PAGTAPhilly likes this

PAGTAPhilly
  • PAGTAPhilly

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

...I'm sorry OP?

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:56 PM

dude... thats what you get for hitting a light pole.

Haha I like this comment :p

Same thing happened to me, I wanted the Asea you get from the tutorial, Got blown up by a player in a tank next to LSC, Good thread, Niko

Thanks buddy, I edited the thread though so all the troll warriors can stop having their feelings hurt. 

Hmm user name and starting a second character would make one think OP should know how to play. But no. R* must change the game. Stay in a private,invite,crew,or friend lobby. MUCH easier.

You're a dumbass (take no offense to that). If I REALLY wanted R* to change this, I'd go ahead and post this on their forums and try to get people's support. 

This is a story, this is an opinion. OBVIOUSLY I have a second character which is a high level, and obviously the game is so bugged up the ass that you can actually glitch your way to level 900 in a day. This is/was an experience story which I wished to so politely share because this is a public forum with many opinions, some the same, some different. If you've never had a second character then keep your opinion to yourself. If you had a second character and your experience was different, then feel free to express it. 

• Yogogamer likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

Forever hungry

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:57 PM

Get a DNS server so you can rank up to 1000 with god mode and kill everyone? :)

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:04 PM

Honestly, this game isn't that good either.  Yes, it is the first online mode where I have gone through 90 hours of play.  However, in that 90 hours, only the about half of that was because I was having fun.  The first several hours were rough just trying to learn everything.  The last several hours were just because I had nothing better to do.  The missions and stuff get boring after a while and I seriously do not think they ever had any intention of making heists part of the online mode.  If they did, we would have heard something by now.  

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:21 PM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 27 December 2013 - 06:22 PM.

Get a DNS server so you can rank up to 1000 with god mode and kill everyone? :)

You don't get the point though, my main character is already level 120. This is coming from a player that would like to enjoy the game how it was supposed to be meant to play (thus creating a new character just to have a different experience).

And I'd have to admit, the experience with the character now is far from the same as it was 2 months ago. 2 months ago you would always be ranked in a fair game, yeah there were high levels, but who cares when you have at least one person you can befriend that's also new to the game and just wants to get by and 'be that high level'. Playing it now, most your lobbies you're going to be ranked with everyone level 100+, and a level 1000. And if you try and talk to them, they'll most likely try and convince you to cheat or join a modded lobby.

I didn't realize it was becoming this bad for newer players (with all the things happening) - thus where the title of this thread came from. I didn't mean the game was actually bad, because it's not, it's amazing. If it were bad I wouldn't be here right now and would probably join a forum for a game I actually enjoy.

I didn't realize so many people were going to get hurt by this topic (and I'm not referring to you, but the people that couldn't actually share an opinion without being an animal)

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

Edit: The title is misinterpreting. GTAOnline is a great game, what I meant is the experience for newer players isn't as enjoyable as launch, as you're pretty much shoved into a lobby with 100+ that are all aggressive and will attack you just for appearing on the minimap (even if you're 5 blocks away). The thread is just a story/experience and an opinion I think that could fix it.

I decided I wanted to make a new character today - just to add more interest to the game. As you know you start from nothing and become a Kingpin.

Well after winning the races, the game makes you do somewhat of a tutorial. After I finished the race I kept the car I had (Surge) and was pretty happy about it since it looked pretty darn epic. So I do the tutorial, and all I'm seeing is explosions from players killing each other. I try to evade this as best I can while doing the tutorial (so I can unlock the Mod Shop and insure my car). I even went as far as enabling Passive Mode. 

Well, after about 15 minutes of tutorial and trying to avoid idiots, I finally unlocked the Mod Shop. As I head there in the car I used for my first race. I see there's already a player there coming out. So I head the opposite way, to avoid him - so he doesn't see me. As I'm heading the opposite way I'm looking at my minimap, this jackass is following me. In shock wondering what the hell is going to happen next, I crash into a lamp, 3, 2, 1, I'm gone. The guy placed a sticky bomb on my car and blew me all the way to Timbuktu.

I checked what level this guy was. - Level 351. What level was I? - Level 3.

It's sad what a bunch of jackasses some of these people have become. I won't lie I was pretty mad at first and was considering going onto my main and following this guy and killing him, over, and over, but it's not worth it.

Here's a suggestion which I think would've worked well for newer players. Match new players with new players. If someone is level 1 match him with no one higher than level 30... 

Precisely. I'm glad I got the Asea on my second person before all these asshats ruined the game. And for the dorks saying just go solo/invite only does not work when your right off the tutorial and have not visited LSC for the first time. You loose the car. 

• Lee Everett likes this

anakinroy
  • anakinroy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:39 PM

i just started a second char days ago and gotten asea too lol

now grinding and boosting race to unlock chrome

but i havent really played any missions yet

the thought of the long march to 120 somehow stop me lol

just wan to have a second 10 car garage and asea

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

Precisely. I'm glad I got the Asea on my second person before all these asshats ruined the game. And for the dorks saying just go solo/invite only does not work when your right off the tutorial and have not visited LSC for the first time. You loose the car. 

Correct. Plus this is an Online game, you shouldn't be forced to go into invite only to level up until rank 40 (where you can at least stand a chance). I don't mind high levels, that's part of the game and an enjoyable part (having people to compete with who are a higher level than you), but when a game is filled with all high levels who are most likely modded (some ranks 800 and no one under 60), then yeah that's kind of a problem. Could've just been that lobby, I want to know if I'm wrong and people had a different experience when they first started a second character.

Anyway most the people that are 'hating' right now are probably high levels who don't give a damn if the game is fun for people starting off since they already have all the sh*t they need.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:48 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 27 December 2013 - 06:48 PM.

I don't really see the problem

if you're late to an online game you're going to be at a disadvantage

no different from any other online game really

granted going against high level players with just a pistol and a POS car won't really work

but the difference in capabilities and power is the whole point of having levels in the first place.

personally I'm nice to the noobs though

I give them tanks and miniguns

Tassimo
  • Tassimo

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

If i see a low ranker thats in trouble i come and help him..only if there is a higher rank killing him.. im the white knight.. also bring my tank if there is anyone greifing someone..

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

Not butthurt. Just saying. Nobody forces anyone to play anyway. But free roam is just that free. I think most peeps are doing ok. No need to change anything. And thanks for your opinion niko.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users