Quantcast

» «
Photo

Reporting hackers in game freezes console...

49 replies to this topic
SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

I just came across three of these hackers using godmode, and when I went to report them through the game menu, my system froze. I am pretty sure this is not a coincidence, and it is a part of their hacks. Make sure you write their names down because the in game reports will not work. Send these names to GTAOnlineBanhammer@rockstargames.com. These players weren't even hackers, they were teenage troll who watched a YouTube video, and they need to be removed from the population.

• Valdorien and Canucks555 like this

hallobree
  • hallobree

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:25 PM

This is a new stage of the mess in this game.

Recently I read that some hackers managed to DDOS the servers of other hackers so they can't turn their god mode on anymore. Seems like its only a war between hackers now , and R* is just watching lol

• Kelvin_00 and esteban2606 like this

mrmarcd
  • mrmarcd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

This reminds me of people on GTA IV (PC) free modes, joining and spawning 100s of Tugs, causing everyone's games to crash. Fun times indeed.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

best thing to do is snap a photo of the notification screen that says their gamer tag and what they did and email [email protected] with the pic. No fuss no muss no crashed console.

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

The report feature in the game has been doing that since game came out.  A lot of this games freezing and hacks are due to rockstar's sh*ty servers

• redfirebird87 likes this

PAGTAPhilly
  • PAGTAPhilly

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:55 PM

I just came across three of these hackers using godmode, and when I went to report them through the game menu, my system froze. I am pretty sure this is not a coincidence, and it is a part of their hacks. Make sure you write their names down because the in game reports will not work. Send these names to [email protected] These players weren't even hackers, they were teenage troll who watched a YouTube video, and they need to be removed from the population.

This happened to me too. Thought it was a coincidence but it wasn't. These hackers ruined this game.

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

This is legit, the only time my console has frozen on this game was after reporting some bitch for god mode and handing out huge amounts of money.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

I think it happened to my as well. Kind of sucks that this is what is becoming of the game.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:29 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 27 December 2013 - 06:33 PM.

It's the only 100% legit way you can identify a modder. The god mode thing can be done without console mods, but from what I've been reading it's the iso modders that are freezing the consoles. They can't be reported or kicked. Your only recourse is to report the gamertag if that is your choice.

I've also noticed that they use the bait method of placing a bounty on their invincible friend and watching as everyone one in the room gets plowed down simply running up to them. I came across a session where the modder was the lowest level in the room but was the one setting the bounties. I advised my wife to stay away from them but as usual WTF do I know....so they make her look foolish and she goes to report the guy and her console immediately locked.

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

The report feature in the game has been doing that since game came out.  A lot of this games freezing and hacks are due to rockstar's sh*ty servers

This. Game has frozen occasionally on report function since launch.

hsthompson
  • hsthompson

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

Classic. Snitches get stitches. Just leave the lobby and all is well.

I ran across the bait method today. What the God mode and his friend didn't know is I was on Maze tower. They were on the same street just a ways down mowing down noobs and laughing their ass off at the same time. I can't even count how many times they used the N word. The bait didn't have God mode which was stupid. I must have sniped the bait 5-8 times and boy was he pissed. Yep! I even spawn sniped this cat. I had some real good head shots on the God mode guy and nothing. They eventually left.

• dreaded_verse likes this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:58 PM Edited by MantisFang, 27 December 2013 - 06:59 PM.

I have not reported anyone and my sh*t still freezes

Me to R:
post 1.08 hard freeze 3 minutes into gameplay online
in session with friend and got disconnected mid play because of unknown
network error.
there was only 6 people total in session

Response from R:

"Thank you for contacting R* Games Support.

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with one of our titles. Below you will find some Console Troubleshooting steps which may help resolve the issue. These are the official troubleshooting steps provided by Sony on their support site:

Before troubleshooting, please check the following:
1. Turn the console off and on.
2. Unplug all power cords and accessories, and then plug them back in firmly. Make sure all connections are secure.
3. Update your console software.

Clearing the Game Data Utility:
1. In the XMB home menu, go to (Game) > [Game Data Utility]. 
Important: Make sure you select [Game Data Utility]. Do NOT select [Saved Data Utility], as this will delete all of your saved games files. 
2. Highlight the game data utility file (i.e., name of a particular game you have been playing) you wish to delete. 
3. Press the button and select [Delete]. 
4. Highlight "Yes" and press the button to confirm the deletion. 
5. A message indicating the file is being deleted will appear. 
6. A "Delete completed." message will appear once the file has been successfully deleted. 
7. Once all of the files have been deleted, go back to the XMB home menu.
8. Reboot the game.

If this is still happening let's try this on a second PS3 to see if the same issue is occurring.

Best Regards,

Michael S."

Much thanks Mike... much thanks

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:12 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 27 December 2013 - 08:15 PM.

I shouldn't have to leave. They should get banned. They are cheating, plain and simple. Not only cheating, but also griefing and trolling too. None of us should have to put up with this crap. I hope Rockstar does something about this soon, because it's very frustrating to run into one of these assholes.

• Cincy32 likes this

dreaded_verse
  • dreaded_verse

Whats wit the f*ckery

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

I shouldn't have to leave. They should get banned. They are cheating, plain and simple. Not only cheating, but also griefing and trolling too. None of us should have to put up with this crap. I hope Rockstar does something about this soon, because it's very frustrating to run into one of these assholes.

Snitch. Just leave the lobby, already stated.

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:35 PM

your an idiot. Theres hackers in most lobbies now. Its gotten out of control. And legit players should not have to keep finding new lobbies bc pathetic bitches who suck at the game need to use hacks so they cant die so they dont look so pathetic dieing everytime they try and kill someone. If all the cheaters in this game were banned the game would actually be the best online out.

• Zorvaine and Hermitor like this

yete420
  • yete420

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

patience lets hope rockstar makes the teenagers pay atleast lol nothing more annoying then kids

dreaded_verse
  • dreaded_verse

Whats wit the f*ckery

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

your an idiot. Theres hackers in most lobbies now. Its gotten out of control. And legit players should not have to keep finding new lobbies bc pathetic bitches who suck at the game need to use hacks so they cant die so they dont look so pathetic dieing everytime they try and kill someone. If all the cheaters in this game were banned the game would actually be the best online out.

Yeah, go head then. Run and tell r* until your face turns blue, see how well that works for you.. snitch.

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

It hasn't happened to me yet, but if this starts getting out of control this could get really bad really fast.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:46 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 27 December 2013 - 08:53 PM.

Snitches get stitches.

Snitch

Give me a f*cking break. We're playing GTA, not working for the mob. Anyone who equates reporting some kiddie who watched a youtube video on how to cheat in a video game with snitching on a real life criminal is an idiot. They're ruining the game even more, plain and simple.   

In real life both of you would sing like a canary in a split second if a hot deal was put on a table in front of you if it meant not having to serve hard time. 

• Hermitor likes this

cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:47 PM Edited by cjdavies, 27 December 2013 - 08:52 PM.

Yeah, go head then. Run and tell r* until your face turns blue, see how well that works for you.. snitch.
Sounds like a hacker doesn't want to be reported, poor baby.

God mode in deathmatch, tried reporting in game, it froze, remembered name done it through xbox instead.
  • Timely likes this

need_prison_bus
  • need_prison_bus

Over 7k noobs owned 3.0k/d

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

Its funny how I start a topic similar to this and im told that its my own fault that the ps3 keeps freezing, now its suddenly rockstars fault. Go figure.

dreaded_verse
  • dreaded_verse

Whats wit the f*ckery

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:05 PM

Snitches get stitches.

Snitch

Give me a f*cking break. We're playing GTA, not working for the mob. Anyone who equates reporting some kiddie who watched a youtube video on how to cheat in a video game with snitching on a real life criminal is an idiot. They're ruining the game even more, plain and simple.   

In real life both of you would sing like a canary in a split second if a hot deal was put on a table in front of you if it meant not having to serve hard time. 

You really deserve no response, but youre going to get one.

Only on the internet could you say id sing, you know nothing about me - at all. dumbf*ck. And yes, just because its not a real crime to hack doesnt make it anyless lame about you running & telling. GTFO.

and to the guy who called me a hacker: never that.. idgaf about video games enough to hack. i just think yall are lame af for going way out your way to report someone for cheating on a VIDEO GAME.

soldat89
  • soldat89

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

I report hacker noobs every time I see one
  • Judas0ne likes this

vahnx
  • vahnx

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

Report freezes console 50% of the time, so does joining deathmatches. 

am30
  • am30

ugotsmoked's No. 1 fan and winder up of fools

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

it's not about being a snitch.  it about some of us wanting to play the game, not get griefed by so-called hackers.

• Timely likes this

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:19 PM Edited by SLUGFly, 27 December 2013 - 09:20 PM.

Snitch? This isn't telling mom that you stayed up late or some other 10 year old bullsh*t. This is cheaters breaking my game. "Snitching" means cooperating with others to ensure assholes don't f*ck with people.

Don't be an asshole.

BarryRiley
  • BarryRiley

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

Snitches get stitches.

Snitch

Only on the internet could you say id sing, you know nothing about me - at all. dumbf*ck. And yes, just because its not a real crime to hack doesnt make it anyless lame about you running & telling. GTFO.

and to the guy who called me a hacker: never that.. idgaf about video games enough to hack. i just think yall are lame af for going way out your way to report someone for cheating on a VIDEO GAME.

I love reading posts by 14 year old pretend gangsters, it seems to be quite the trend these days.

Nothing says tight-lipped super criminal like posing on GTA forums calling people snitches.

Go work on your acne
  • Timely likes this

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

First session in a week with no modders in sight.

Refreshing change until my console froze. Wasn't doing anything...my gut feel is that's when rock star are doing cloud sweeps ...

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:30 PM Edited by SLUGFly, 27 December 2013 - 09:32 PM.

Snitches get stitches.

Snitch

I love reading posts by 14 year old pretend gangsters, it seems to be quite the trend these days.

Nothing says tight-lipped super criminal like posing on GTA forums calling people snitches.

Go work on your acne

The problem is these c*nts grow up and think that attitude is cool in adulthood too.

dreaded_verse
  • dreaded_verse

Whats wit the f*ckery

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

Im a grown ass man, check yourself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users