Photo

GTA V SINGLE PLAYER Missing cars even after updating on PS3

16 replies to this topic
KaseyKC
  • KaseyKC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:08 AM

On GTA V Single player I bought a car for franklin and upgraded it. I drove to a mission with it and then when I went back the car was gone. The missions was the paparazzi one where you have to get shots from the bike. I tried looking everywhere for it, including the 2 safehouses for franklin, impound, garage. It wasn't in any of those places. I decided to wait a week in-game to see if it would appear in the places again but it didn't. I checked my email to make sure that it wasn't a save error but the email confirming the order was still there. This happened with Michael twice as well. I'm just at the point in the game where Franklin receives his second safehouse. Sent a support email to Rockstar but they still haven't replied. This also happened with Michael twice.

Should I reinstall GTA V and start the game again? This seems like the only option.

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:11 AM Edited by Militia, 27 December 2013 - 11:11 AM.

BEST ADVICE EVER:

Don't Save the Game and Turn Off Autosave!!!!!

Why is it that everyone saves the game without checking their stuff to see if it's there first?!  Don't waste money on buying a car that never gets delivered then saving overtop of it.  You never save until you know everything is there safely.  You never drive personal vehicles to missions either.  In fact, don't buy a damn thing until you're at 100% and can afford every car, every boat, every helicopter, every plane, all stats up, all guns + ammo, etc.

You need to save money for the big money at the end with the heists anyways.

I see this topic all the time: "I lost my vehicle driving to a mission" that is why you DON'T do that!

KaseyKC
  • KaseyKC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:13 PM

The cars got delivered both times and I managed to modify them. Then they disappeared afterwards after driving to missions. And the point of the game isn't to wait to reach 100% to get cars then there's no point of even playing. This is a bug in the game.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:24 PM Edited by Militia, 27 December 2013 - 02:25 PM.

The cars got delivered both times and I managed to modify them. Then they disappeared afterwards after driving to missions. And the point of the game isn't to wait to reach 100% to get cars then there's no point of even playing. This is a bug in the game.

Yeah, alright.  But you can AVOID the bugs by doing what I said.  Read the whole forum.  You'll see people continuously say about using their vehicles to drive to missions and losing them.  Mainly due to autosave being ON when you should definitely turn it OFF.  Also to make big money at the end with the Lester missions, you need to SAVE all your money in the beginning of the game that you are making due to being able to put as much as possible into the stock market to get billions.  Don't do this, then you won't even get close if you're buying stuff early.  But play your game how you intend, it won't matter to me.  All I know is I never lose vehicles at all, have autosave turned off, been 100% since the first week of October, and experience no bugs/glitches inside my game.  One time I bought the Vacca online, and it never came to my garage.  Easy fix.  Turn game off, and reload.  DON'T save.  Then I bought it again, and it came to garage and it's fine now.  Lol

It's called patience, man.  Learn it.  Have patience to wait until you're 100% to go buying everything to have everything.  If you can't wait, that's just sad lol

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

Sorry you are having this problem KaseyKC. I've only modded a couple of cars and never drove those on missions. I've only driven cars I've stolen or unmodded original owner cars for each character.

The real issue is that R* could've made this system of keeping track of vehicles, better. I mean the OO cars each player gets should not be moved around at their safehouses. You have a garage that you can park in for a reason. If you store a car in it, it should STAY there, not randomly appear outside in front of it, beside it, on the street in front of your house etc. That might seem *cutesy* "Oh look its like RL I sometimes park in my garage, other times in the drive, on the street yada yada". I remember a mission or two where a car I had for Michael (stolen) I thought it was gone but it happened to appear out in front of his house on the street. I've had vehicles in the (4-car garages), I'm there to pull one out and park another in its place. By the time you come back outside after putting the replacement in, the car you brought out has vanished. A car you just brought to your safehouse, its sitting at just the edge of your driveway, run to your garage to park your OO car BACK in there, soon as you get out and turn around, the car you had at the driveway entrance is GONE! I mean really, its a mess :sarcasm:

I also think its usually a good idea too, to turn off autosave, autosign in type things...

KaseyKC
  • KaseyKC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

Ok I'll turn off 

Sorry you are having this problem KaseyKC. I've only modded a couple of cars and never drove those on missions. I've only driven cars I've stolen or unmodded original owner cars for each character.

The real issue is that R* could've made this system of keeping track of vehicles, better. I mean the OO cars each player gets should not be moved around at their safehouses. You have a garage that you can park in for a reason. If you store a car in it, it should STAY there, not randomly appear outside in front of it, beside it, on the street in front of your house etc. That might seem *cutesy* "Oh look its like RL I sometimes park in my garage, other times in the drive, on the street yada yada". I remember a mission or two where a car I had for Michael (stolen) I thought it was gone but it happened to appear out in front of his house on the street. I've had vehicles in the (4-car garages), I'm there to pull one out and park another in its place. By the time you come back outside after putting the replacement in, the car you brought out has vanished. A car you just brought to your safehouse, its sitting at just the edge of your driveway, run to your garage to park your OO car BACK in there, soon as you get out and turn around, the car you had at the driveway entrance is GONE! I mean really, its a mess :sarcasm:

I also think its usually a good idea too, to turn off autosave, autosign in type things...

Ok I'll turn of autosave, does that mean the prompt to save will still appear after completing missions? Do you recommend saving through the phone quicksave?

Also the easiest thing that Rockstar could have done was to just leave the vehicles where you left them last. So if you left one at a mission start you should be able to go back and get it. I've only experienced this once with Franklin and I found the car at the missions start. Even GTA IV didn't have a glitch this bad. I decided to start again and turn off autosave this time.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

I recommend ONLY using the normal save feature, like by going into your safehouse and "sleeping" to save it.

Autosave is absolutely the worst thing invented in these games

And Quick Save is reliable, but I personally don't EVER use it.  I've only used it once when I stole a Police Riot and needed to "restore" it's vehicle health back to 100% and reloaded my game with me inside the Riot and then evaded the police and saved it at Trevor's strip club.  Other than that one time, I never used it.  Best idea is to sleep to save the game, like all past GTA games required you to do as well.

willyum32
  • willyum32

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

BEST ADVICE EVER:

Don't Save the Game and Turn Off Autosave!!!!!

Why is it that everyone saves the game without checking their stuff to see if it's there first?!  Don't waste money on buying a car that never gets delivered then saving overtop of it.  You never save until you know everything is there safely.  You never drive personal vehicles to missions either.  In fact, don't buy a damn thing until you're at 100% and can afford every car, every boat, every helicopter, every plane, all stats up, all guns + ammo, etc.

You need to save money for the big money at the end with the heists anyways.

I see this topic all the time: "I lost my vehicle driving to a mission" that is why you DON'T do that!

OR...

we assume the problem has been fixed after 8 patches, get caught up in the game and sh1t happens. 

Eight. Patches. billion dollar company.

willyum32
  • willyum32

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:08 PM Edited by willyum32, 27 December 2013 - 06:10 PM.

It's called patience, man.  Learn it.  Have patience to wait until you're 100% to go buying everything to have everything.  If you can't wait, that's just sad lol

You are one pretentious snob lol.  Patience? learn patience?  UHHH how about the fact that he wants to buy a car and drive it while he plays the game, not after hes spent hours and hours collecting stupid sh*t to get 100%. Not everyone - no scratch that - not very many people have the time to do that.  

It is perfectly reasonable for the OP to think that the game isnt worth playing because of the bug (a bug thas been around forever, yet all R* SUPPORT tells us is to "clear the cache" ).  Wheres the fun in driving just the default player vehicle around the whole game?  and yet, your response is "its called patience, learn it"  LOL. 

Oh, and expressing your frustration about a glitch is not "sad" 

Not having the time to 100% finish a massive game is not "sad"

Calling a person sad based on the way he plays a video game. THAT is "sad"

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

Why would it be?  Ever since the launch of GTAO, there has been problems.  When they "fix" one, another problem happens.  When they fix that, another problem occurs.  They just make a trade for one problem for another basically.  And knowing that, why do you guys STILL do stuff like you describe to lose vehicles?  Lol.

If you haven't learned in life yet, to NOT rely on others and only yourself, then you better get on that.  It doesn't matter if they are trillionaires, it doesn't matter if they had 600 patches released.  It's GTA V.  We know it's glitchy and has problems, so don't do problematic actions like driving vehicles to missions.  I mean, load the game, find a car on the road, and drive that one, if it disappears, so what, as there is tons of vehicles on the road.  Idk why people take their modded garage vehicles out when they plan on SAVING it in the near future.  The ONLY time I take my safehouse garage, garage, OR impounded garage vehicles out to drive around in is when I just turn GTA on and once the game is loaded up, I sometimes have fun in my modded vehicles, but once I had enough fun, I turn the game off WITHOUT saving, so it'll be back when I reload the game.  I NEVER would use modded vehicles to take out for missions, that's not very smart.

You are one pretentious snob lol.  Patience? learn patience?  UHHH how about the fact that he wants to buy a car and drive it while he plays the game, not after hes spent hours and hours collecting stupid sh*t to get 100%. Not everyone - no scratch that - not very many people have the time to do that.  

It is perfectly reasonable for the OP to think that the game isnt worth playing because of the bug (a bug thas been around forever, yet all R* SUPPORT tells us is to "clear the cache" ).  Wheres the fun in driving just the default player vehicle around the whole game?  and yet, your response is "its called patience, learn it"  LOL. 

Then you, and the OP can lose their vehicles, why would this bother me?  Idc if you lose your vehicles, idc if you break your GTA V in half or use it as a frisbee.  I am not losing vehicles and playing the game the "smart way" working around GTA's flaws.  If you can't do that, then by all means, continue to lose stuff.  Not my problem lol

willyum32
  • willyum32

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:17 PM Edited by willyum32, 27 December 2013 - 06:18 PM.

Militia, you completely misunderstood my post.  Yes, I do know there are ways to go around the car disappearing bug that the OP could use that I myself have been using since the first patches, and I am sure he and anyone else who did not know about them appreciate that you told him a way to do it. 

but i was responding to your last sentence: "It's called patience, man. Learn it.  Have patience to wait until you're 100% to go buying everything to have everything.  If you can't wait, that's just sad lol"

Helping out the OP with some tips is good stuff, but that last sentence just makes you sound pompous as hell. 

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

Ok, now I get what you're saying, but I've read numerous threads and people saying exactly like you're saying about not having time to get to 100% or they don't like to collect the space ship parts, submarine parts, letter scraps, etc, but that imo is the whole point of GTA games.  I've been playing since GTA III and a big aspect of these games is getting to 100% completion without using cheats or glitches.  Like Vice City, for instance, why would they give you infinite ammo at 13% complete?  The GOOD things only happen AT THE END of the game.  It's much more wiser to SAVE all the money you have WITHOUT buying any vehicles so when you do the Lester missions at the end, you can invest all your money in stocks and double, possibly TRIPLE your money.  There is numerous threads on how to do this, and I did it myself back in October.  The game was designed to make you wait until the end it seems to buy vehicles, all the properties, all guns and ammo, mod every car you own, buy all the boats, planes, helicopters, etc.

It just doesn't seem logical to me to buy vehicles early on screwing up the big money to come in the end.  It also doesn't seem logical to drive cars to missions, knowing that the cut scenes and loading of certain things makes your vehicles disappear.  It doesn't seem logical that if people knew this for months, why they continue doing these things like driving their modded vehicles to missions and such.

It feels much more appreciated when you have 1 or 2 billion dollars per character and at the very end once 100% is done and won't need to concentrate on that, to THEN build your garages/safehouse garages/impound garages collections.  And if you REALLY need to buy cars early on, or mod them early on, KEEP them in your garage until the end.  Don't take them out, since Rockstar's flaws in this game will make vehicles disappear.  With all thisbeing said, I only lost the Space Docker back in September when the glitch/bug WAS known, and Rockstar claimed to fix that back in Patch 1.02 or .03.  Ever since, I have not had ANY problems, and autosave is ALSO turned OFF.

willyum32
  • willyum32

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

I see what you're saying.  about saving money until the end can be advantageous.  But in my opinion the car glitch was a major bummer because as i progressed through the story, I really liked Franklin's "rags to riches" story, and when he reaches his new safehouse, i thought it would be very fitting for him to buy a high end car with the money he made from the jewel heist.  I thought it fit the story rather well and I was bummed the first time the car disappeared, but soon learned how to deal with it.

All I'm saying is that there are certain parts in the story where it is very fitting and appropriate to purchase a new car and mod it yourself and drive it throughout the rest of the story. (also when Michaels son jacks his car, I bought a new one, because, again, it felt right for the story.)

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:05 PM

I fully understand that.  But due to how Rockstar made this game all glitchy, I just avoid all of this.  I filled all my garages once the game was complete knowing I had the time for it and didn't need to worry about missions any longer.

KaseyKC
  • KaseyKC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

Ok, now I get what you're saying, but I've read numerous threads and people saying exactly like you're saying about not having time to get to 100% or they don't like to collect the space ship parts, submarine parts, letter scraps, etc, but that imo is the whole point of GTA games.  I've been playing since GTA III and a big aspect of these games is getting to 100% completion without using cheats or glitches.  Like Vice City, for instance, why would they give you infinite ammo at 13% complete?  The GOOD things only happen AT THE END of the game.  It's much more wiser to SAVE all the money you have WITHOUT buying any vehicles so when you do the Lester missions at the end, you can invest all your money in stocks and double, possibly TRIPLE your money.  There is numerous threads on how to do this, and I did it myself back in October.  The game was designed to make you wait until the end it seems to buy vehicles, all the properties, all guns and ammo, mod every car you own, buy all the boats, planes, helicopters, etc.

It just doesn't seem logical to me to buy vehicles early on screwing up the big money to come in the end.  It also doesn't seem logical to drive cars to missions, knowing that the cut scenes and loading of certain things makes your vehicles disappear.  It doesn't seem logical that if people knew this for months, why they continue doing these things like driving their modded vehicles to missions and such.

It feels much more appreciated when you have 1 or 2 billion dollars per character and at the very end once 100% is done and won't need to concentrate on that, to THEN build your garages/safehouse garages/impound garages collections.  And if you REALLY need to buy cars early on, or mod them early on, KEEP them in your garage until the end.  Don't take them out, since Rockstar's flaws in this game will make vehicles disappear.  With all thisbeing said, I only lost the Space Docker back in September when the glitch/bug WAS known, and Rockstar claimed to fix that back in Patch 1.02 or .03.  Ever since, I have not had ANY problems, and autosave is ALSO turned OFF.

The issue shouldn't be there. I even googled for the issue and maybe one or two people have it since the supposed patch that fixed it. How was I supposed to know the cars disappear permanently if you take them on a mission. Logical reasoning in developing the game is to allow you to do that. I thought they'd have fixed that issue in 5 years development time. Also some people like me don't like to rush through the game, I'm not aiming for 100% completion I want to have fun when playing.

I see what you're saying.  about saving money until the end can be advantageous.  But in my opinion the car glitch was a major bummer because as i progressed through the story, I really liked Franklin's "rags to riches" story, and when he reaches his new safehouse, i thought it would be very fitting for him to buy a high end car with the money he made from the jewel heist.  I thought it fit the story rather well and I was bummed the first time the car disappeared, but soon learned how to deal with it.

All I'm saying is that there are certain parts in the story where it is very fitting and appropriate to purchase a new car and mod it yourself and drive it throughout the rest of the story. (also when Michaels son jacks his car, I bought a new one, because, again, it felt right for the story.)

Exactly. I also bought Franklin a new car to drive to his new safehouse with, seemed like the right thing to do. After doing the first heist you get so much money, more than 500,000. I'm pretty sure that most people who played GTA V without knowing of the bug would buy cars with that money. 

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

I fully understand what you guys are saying, and I know people don't like to "spoil" the surprise in the missions and such, but before buying the game and proceeding to beat it, like I did since GTA III, I read up EVERYTHING about the game first.

Also if you don't want to beat it, but want it beaten, you can download 100% game saves on the web and load it onto your Xbox/PS3.

THEN after that, go hunt for every car you want.  There is really nice game saves out there that I tested in the past before being serious into beating it myself.

ethanwdp
  • ethanwdp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:25 PM

Thank you for trying to help, Militia, but I don't think the OP was asking "somebody tell me what to do in my game". People who bought GTA V most likely bought it to have fun, and everybody has a different perspective of what fun is. Not everybody enjoys finding collectables and completing everything, and not everybody likes to goof around and do whatever they feel at the moment. It is kind of you to try and aid the OP with an opportunity to set the OP up with money for the rest of the game, but the OP seems to want to just play and do the missions normally without stressing out over stocks and 100%ing the game. So you say that the point of GTA games is to 100% them, yet you then proceed to suggest downloading a save that possibly has money cheats and that is already 100%. So in your perspective, wouldn't downloading a save with no missions left to enjoy mean that you actually skipped over most of the game and thus skipping the "point to 100% and not go at your own pace"?

Anyways, back on subject.

OP, I know how you feel. During this one mission where everybody I work with has a Bugatti, I entered in style with my 1,500,000 pimped out racing Bugatti driven by Michael. I was forcibly switched to Franklin and I had to enter some crappy Ocelot, my Bugatti in the distance. After a bunch of crazy crap I came back and it was gone. Also like the time I had an Entity XF that was pimped out and I removed my two fairly useless bikes from my bought garage. First one out, my Entity XF was safely in the parking lot. Second one out, and the first bike seemed to have ate my million dollar car. Doesn't seem to be any fix, just wait until R* decides to patch something. They fixed the Garage disappearance, they should at least patch the Missions so that your personal vehicle teleports to the impound when the cutscene starts, not hard to code.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users