» «
Photo

Favorite protagonist?

26 replies to this topic
elias2012
  • elias2012

Master gangster

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:54 AM Edited by elias2012, 27 December 2013 - 05:55 AM.

This topic is to tell us what your favorite protagonist in the game is and why. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I'd have to pick between Trevor and Franklin. Because with Michael, he's just too fat and old and theres no fun things to do with him besides tennis and golf. And even with those activities I'll play it with Franklin or Trevor. Im not saying I hate him I'm just saying he's my least favorite. 

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:36 AM

I like Chop. Dog's have personality.
  • vitex6 likes this

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

Ride or Die!

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

michael, he has more of a past to explain why the way he is, i think R* put alot more thought into him than the other two

elias2012
  • elias2012

Master gangster

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

michael, he has more of a past to explain why the way he is, i think R* put alot more thought into him than the other two

The reason why I like Trevor better is because Trevor has a backstory too. He was in the airforce, born in Canada, he played hockey, met Michael in a strip club, umm..... yeah. But I also HATE how Michael is so miserable it makes him so boring. With Trevor and Franklin, I feel like I can cause some mayhem and fly in choppers and motorcycles because it's only apart of their PERSONALITY.

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

Michael.

BeLikeMike
  • BeLikeMike

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

Michael. I think he has the best character development. Franklin just doesn't get enough point of view and I didn't like Trevor's abandonment issues.

GTAV112
  • GTAV112

Street Cat

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:32 PM Edited by GTAV112, 27 December 2013 - 05:32 PM.

Trevor and Franklin

but when i should choose one between them, i think i take trevor.^^

halapeno71
  • halapeno71

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

Franklin, I believe, was intentionally developed as somewhat of a cipher because he's meant to be the POV character. Makes him duller by comparison as a result, but there you go.

I'm going to have to go with Michael. Trevor is loads of fun, but nowhere near believable. If Cosmo Kramer from "Seinfeld" had an evil twin brother, he'd be a lot like Trevor.

elias2012
  • elias2012

Master gangster

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

Trevor and Franklin

but when i should choose one between them, i think i take trevor.^^

Exact same here. :D

elias2012
  • elias2012

Master gangster

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

Franklin, I believe, was intentionally developed as somewhat of a cipher because he's meant to be the POV character. Makes him duller by comparison as a result, but there you go.

I'm going to have to go with Michael. Trevor is loads of fun, but nowhere near believable. If Cosmo Kramer from "Seinfeld" had an evil twin brother, he'd be a lot like Trevor.

I think Franklin is the most believable character. I've never seen a white retired bank robber EVER and I never seen a meth user and dealer who uses but doesn't have ANY addiction and meth isn't interfering whatsoever. The fact that Trevor's meth addiction isn't interfering with his life at ALL is pretty unbelievable. Also Trevor's special ability is totally unbelievable as well. So Franklin is the most believable protagonist, but I don't care if the protagonist is believable or not, just making a point.

yungkazin
  • yungkazin

sour diesel

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

me

elias2012
  • elias2012

Master gangster

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

me

You mean your online character?

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

Michael was the first one they came up with for V.

@elias2012 Trevor was introduced to Michael. He was recommended as a crew member, back when they were smuggling things over the US and Canada border.

To OP, it would to be Michael. I just enjoy his character and story a lot more.

yungkazin
  • yungkazin

sour diesel

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

of course but but franklins and michaels back-story was solid work too

plus frankins connection to CJ.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

How does Franklin have a connection to a character that doesn't even exist in their universe?

elias2012
  • elias2012

Master gangster

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:07 AM

How does Franklin have a connection to a character that doesn't even exist in their universe?

Being apart of the families (the successor to the Grove Street Families.) 

TheMysteryKnight
  • TheMysteryKnight

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:53 AM

Michael, he has a nice back story and is more interesting since he has a family that are included in random events and missions. 

elias2012
  • elias2012

Master gangster

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

Michael, he has a nice back story and is more interesting since he has a family that are included in random events and missions.

Yeah, but, you forgot Frankin has A FREAKING DOG who's 9000000000 times better then any of Michael's family members. Plus you can train Chop. I'm out of town and I'm training Chop right now so when I come back I can play with him and have a lot of fun with him. Plus Franklns backstory is good too. Former hustler, went to jail, that's a pretty good backstory too.

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

My favorite is a cup of coffee...... seriously stop asking whats the favorite one, it has been asked thousand of times already

elias2012
  • elias2012

Master gangster

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

My favorite is a cup of coffee...... seriously stop asking whats the favorite one, it has been asked thousand of times already

Geez, I just want to know who the favorite protagonist is. 

thelambster3021
  • thelambster3021

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:15 AM

mine has to be michael. trevor and franklin are more fun to play with its just that the whole story with michael has so much thought put into it

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:51 AM

Michael definitely. It sucks Trevor has all of the good side activities though.

rahsmoov18
  • rahsmoov18

V>IV Better gameplay. Better multiplayer. More Content More r

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

Franklin because he has the most sense.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

One o' them Illuminati motherf*ckers

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:06 AM

Michael is a bit of a douche, and Franklin is an emotionless psychopath with a boring life. I like Trevor the best. He's crazy like a fox.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

Franklin is my favorite by far, but I also love playing as Trevor. I hate the aspect with Trevor's mom, but other than that, he's fun. I really tried to give Michael a chance. I liked him during the story, in terms of gameplay, but in free roam he's just boring. I also hate the corny lines he says when I park in his garage. 

Franklin was exactly what I thought he would be. Not much in terms of character development or back story, but the reality is I play GTA. He has the best gameplay for my play style. Racing and skydiving is just fun, and his special makes police chases more interesting IMO.  

SleepingWithSirens!
  • SleepingWithSirens!

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

Franklin because he has a more believeable backstory and he reminds me of cj.

thejolf
  • thejolf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

I think all three characters have great story potential and what was there was interesting. 69 missions would probably have been enough to make me really get into a one-protagonist storyline but dividing it between 3 of them, even with all the interweaving, it kind of feels like they've just scratched the surface with all of them.

As for gameplay outside of missions I think Trevor makes the most sense for the 'traditional' GTA play-style, it doesn't make much sense for Michael to one minute be playing tennis with Amanda and then next minute to be speeding down the pavement and going on random crime sprees etc. especially after the story when he's free of all the government leverage. But he makes more sense when you're doing things like tennis (some people seem to enjoy that more than others).

Hopefully the single player DLC will continue the character development.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users