why do people want "gang warfare" to be in the story DLC

239 replies to this topic
Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

L.A bangers do wear saggy pants and big tees.. 

The lil ones bang for stripes not turf

@ mrright 

Yeah correction, I know some of them do, but i thought LA gang members mostly wore chinos, and loose, but not baggy jeans with Converse and all that, no ?

Hell yeah if we talking the black bangers.. the black bangers still wear dickies... flannels... khakis.. big tees.. tank tops.. jeans... chino shorts.. cargo shorts.. whatever.. but yeah damn yeah they still wear big tees and baggy jeans and yeah they wear chucks... crip and blood.. 

this is a picture of 60s.. dont know what date but looks recent probably 2005+ 

907iq8d472nm1oswhgohbi9np.474x313x1.jpg

And for mexican gangs.. yeah mexican gangs dont wear chucks.. not that i know of.. they might around east los and central but not in SC...   Blue and white cortez are the shoes affiliated with Surenos... but Surenos basically wear the same as blacks.. we just wear anything

This pic is of a F13 member see he got a big white tee on

l_7a2750f4cb0c727a97bac4a10421fc40.jpg

Ok cool, I get you vato !!

• mrrightt likes this

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:46 PM

L.A bangers do wear saggy pants and big tees.. 

The lil ones bang for stripes not turf

@ mrright 

Yeah correction, I know some of them do, but i thought LA gang members mostly wore chinos, and loose, but not baggy jeans with Converse and all that, no ?

Hell yeah if we talking the black bangers.. the black bangers still wear dickies... flannels... khakis.. big tees.. tank tops.. jeans... chino shorts.. cargo shorts.. whatever.. but yeah damn yeah they still wear big tees and baggy jeans and yeah they wear chucks... crip and blood.. 

this is a picture of 60s.. dont know what date but looks recent probably 2005+ 

907iq8d472nm1oswhgohbi9np.474x313x1.jpg

And for mexican gangs.. yeah mexican gangs dont wear chucks.. not that i know of.. they might around east los and central but not in SC...   Blue and white cortez are the shoes affiliated with Surenos... but Surenos basically wear the same as blacks.. we just wear anything

This pic is of a F13 member see he got a big white tee on

l_7a2750f4cb0c727a97bac4a10421fc40.jpg

Ok cool, I get you vato !!

But some gangs.. the ones with the most numbers in SC.. the popular ones that have alot of false claimers.. such as 60s.. around overhills aka the backs in 60s there is alot of skater dudes that wear skinnies n sh*t..  alot of gangs dont dress like they used to.. alot of black gangs nowadays wear skinnies.. but yeah.. some sets keep it real.. 

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

Why do we want it? Because they cut and gut everything from the other games.

Papi Chulo
  • Papi Chulo

Honeys & Money

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

@ niko bellic half brother

Listen mate, you can joke all you want and be ignorant all you want, but it just  goes to show you cannot seriously face being challenged. All you can do is respond with your predictable, childish, sarcastic comments. No I really thought your comment was a bit silly, I don't worship the gangsta culture at all. Gangs and organized crime in general fascinate and interest me, but in no way do I adore or endorse it all, so believe all you want. 

You said :

And I'm not necessarily speaking of the crimes when looking at the whole gangbanging stuff as an embarrassment, but rather the attitude and everything associated with that culture; like wanting to brag about their crimes in rap songs to let the whole world know about them; or like purchasing their clothes from the 'Mr Vishkovski's Performing Circus Elephant & Co' stores.

I'm gonna give a serious and informed response to this. Let me set you straight. Gangsta rap is simply a by-product of LA African-American gangsta culture and nothing else. No real gangsta is gonna have time for rappin' or showin' off their gang culture in the media, they are gonna be on the ghetto blocks and streets slangin' grams and rocks hard trying to get paid, trying to avoid police/jail and tryin' to stay alive and not get killed by rivals. Other than what is stated in the lyrical content and theme of gangsta rap songs, the gangsta rap music scene for most part, is unconnected with the real-life gangsta stuff that happens in the streets of the hood - it's just a controversial and explosive form of musical entertainment. While some rappers are really gang-connected, most gangsta rappers are not really a part of any gang, at best they are slightly gang-affiliated or just happen to be from the same hood as the gangs, they come from decent families and homes, they are more educated than your average guy from the hood and they usually have little to no experience in being a gun-toting, drug-dealing ghetto thug (bar a few exceptions). The "bragging to the whole world" thing you speak of is just purely for entertainment and money-making purposes, simply because rapping about that stuff in such a way sells many records - it's to create the hardcore and tough persona, attitude, mannerisms and behaviors associated with gangsta culture and the hood that makes it seem so cool to many fans of the music genre. It's simple mix of providing entertainment and making lots of money, and that is really it. For a few of these guys, it's actually a way out of the real gang life and the hood. And the baggy clothing and all that is simply just fashion trends, usually unintentionally. Mrright is right, the main reason those gangstas wear baggy jeans and T-shirts to hide and fully conceal their pistols and guns. They wear hoodies to conceal their identities while out in the streets committing felonies, as so not to be identified by rivals and police alike. You don't like it fin, but you need ton understand the reasons behind certain phenomenons before jumping in with wild assumptions and judgement. 

:^:  That just spot on. Or vatos wear hoodies because it can get cold as a motherf*cker lmfao!

Yeah alot of rappers arent in/were in a gang. Such as ice cube. people think he is from 60s. he is from the 100s but never joined any gang in the 100s. but grew up there so knows how sh*t goes. 

another rapper for example is game. he never was an active rider. he was a hustler and was a member but not a banger.

however people like mr capone e... he was an active banger in his time 

same with someone like jay rock. he was active in bhb when he wasnt rapping. obviously not now as he has alot going for him..

same with nipsey hussle... he was active back in his time. 

same with nino blue. he isnt really that known. is only like 22 or something but he was active. might even still be now i dont know for sure though

Off Topic:  Nino blue was never a factor; didn't grow up in 40s; Blue from the valley  homie lol. He only got put on boost his rap career. Lowkey  heard he be snitching too. 

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:00 PM Edited by mrrightt, 29 December 2013 - 09:00 PM.

@ niko bellic half brother

Listen mate, you can joke all you want and be ignorant all you want, but it just  goes to show you cannot seriously face being challenged. All you can do is respond with your predictable, childish, sarcastic comments. No I really thought your comment was a bit silly, I don't worship the gangsta culture at all. Gangs and organized crime in general fascinate and interest me, but in no way do I adore or endorse it all, so believe all you want. 

You said :

And I'm not necessarily speaking of the crimes when looking at the whole gangbanging stuff as an embarrassment, but rather the attitude and everything associated with that culture; like wanting to brag about their crimes in rap songs to let the whole world know about them; or like purchasing their clothes from the 'Mr Vishkovski's Performing Circus Elephant & Co' stores.

I'm gonna give a serious and informed response to this. Let me set you straight. Gangsta rap is simply a by-product of LA African-American gangsta culture and nothing else. No real gangsta is gonna have time for rappin' or showin' off their gang culture in the media, they are gonna be on the ghetto blocks and streets slangin' grams and rocks hard trying to get paid, trying to avoid police/jail and tryin' to stay alive and not get killed by rivals. Other than what is stated in the lyrical content and theme of gangsta rap songs, the gangsta rap music scene for most part, is unconnected with the real-life gangsta stuff that happens in the streets of the hood - it's just a controversial and explosive form of musical entertainment. While some rappers are really gang-connected, most gangsta rappers are not really a part of any gang, at best they are slightly gang-affiliated or just happen to be from the same hood as the gangs, they come from decent families and homes, they are more educated than your average guy from the hood and they usually have little to no experience in being a gun-toting, drug-dealing ghetto thug (bar a few exceptions). The "bragging to the whole world" thing you speak of is just purely for entertainment and money-making purposes, simply because rapping about that stuff in such a way sells many records - it's to create the hardcore and tough persona, attitude, mannerisms and behaviors associated with gangsta culture and the hood that makes it seem so cool to many fans of the music genre. It's simple mix of providing entertainment and making lots of money, and that is really it. For a few of these guys, it's actually a way out of the real gang life and the hood. And the baggy clothing and all that is simply just fashion trends, usually unintentionally. Mrright is right, the main reason those gangstas wear baggy jeans and T-shirts to hide and fully conceal their pistols and guns. They wear hoodies to conceal their identities while out in the streets committing felonies, as so not to be identified by rivals and police alike. You don't like it fin, but you need ton understand the reasons behind certain phenomenons before jumping in with wild assumptions and judgement. 

:^:  That just spot on. Or vatos wear hoodies because it can get cold as a motherf*cker lmfao!

Yeah alot of rappers arent in/were in a gang. Such as ice cube. people think he is from 60s. he is from the 100s but never joined any gang in the 100s. but grew up there so knows how sh*t goes. 

another rapper for example is game. he never was an active rider. he was a hustler and was a member but not a banger.

however people like mr capone e... he was an active banger in his time 

same with someone like jay rock. he was active in bhb when he wasnt rapping. obviously not now as he has alot going for him..

same with nipsey hussle... he was active back in his time. 

same with nino blue. he isnt really that known. is only like 22 or something but he was active. might even still be now i dont know for sure though

Off Topic:  Nino blue was never a factor; didn't grow up in 40s; Blue from the valley  homie lol. He only got put on boost his rap career. Lowkey  heard he be snitching too. 

sh*t foreal? i always thought he was from 40s... damn heard stories of him going off on missions dumping vatos... 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Secretly a GTA IV fanboy

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

Why do we want it? Because they cut and gut everything from the other games.

Oh yeah! They cut the shooting, the driving, and let's not forget the walking!

:panic:

Papi Chulo
  • Papi Chulo

Honeys & Money

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:25 PM Edited by Papi-Chulo, 29 December 2013 - 09:28 PM.

the main reason those gangstas wear baggy jeans and T-shirts to hide and fully conceal their pistols and guns.

Well the mobs and other assorted criminal organisations seemed to get on by with packing heat without having to wear over-sized clothes :/

Not everone can afford suits n sh*t. and holsters.  And like said before. it is a fashion where gangs are. Just like what you said 'chavs' tuck they pants into they socks. the f*ck? everwhere does it different

With all due respect, you're still not getting this. It's my opinion that I find wearing clothes that don't fit, or the whole chav thing etc, looks absolutely ridiculous and just plain stupid. I'm not going to lie, I wore the baggy clothes and everything back during my teen years because I myself thought it looked cool. I simply grew out of it. Yes it's a fashion sense, but not my fashion sense anymore; if I think it looks stupid, then I'm going to say it. Like you said before, people might find the way I dress less appealing, and that's absolutely fine.

This all started because I simply spoke out my opinion about how I find the gangbanging culture - be it fashion sense/music/whatever - embarrassing. I'm genuinely surprised I've made it this far without being labelled a "racist" yet. Maybe people are learning to stop devaluing the meaning of the term by using it every friggin' second.

You need some woodie in your life...

before you say he is some mindless gang banger yelling out ni**er every 4 seconds...

Ryan "woodie" Wood was an educated man... He spoke about what he saw in the streets and stuff that was going on around him... His lyrical content is to the point where its like he is painting a mental picture in your mind... He is to Northern Cali Mexicans what Tupac is to Cali Blacks... He told a story with every song...

did I mention he was white?

so now I challenge you to listen to that and pay attention to what he talks about

and here, this song aswell... which is a song about politics... A subject most gangster rappers don't technically touch...

Alot of people respect woodie for what he has spoken about... because everything he said was true...

628Nu.jpg

Most mexican rappers can't write to  save they life n  rap hella off beat lol;

woodie got some bangers tho. Got  fews of his songs on my computer.

This bitch I was f*cking with, from  the bay put me on  woodie. Lowkey heard he got set by his bitch thats some f*cked up sh*t. I guess it's true what they say,  the good die young. 

• Ss4gogeta0 and mrrightt like this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

^^^

f*ckin right they do

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

the main reason those gangstas wear baggy jeans and T-shirts to hide and fully conceal their pistols and guns.

Well the mobs and other assorted criminal organisations seemed to get on by with packing heat without having to wear over-sized clothes :/

Not everone can afford suits n sh*t. and holsters.  And like said before. it is a fashion where gangs are. Just like what you said 'chavs' tuck they pants into they socks. the f*ck? everwhere does it different

With all due respect, you're still not getting this. It's my opinion that I find wearing clothes that don't fit, or the whole chav thing etc, looks absolutely ridiculous and just plain stupid. I'm not going to lie, I wore the baggy clothes and everything back during my teen years because I myself thought it looked cool. I simply grew out of it. Yes it's a fashion sense, but not my fashion sense anymore; if I think it looks stupid, then I'm going to say it. Like you said before, people might find the way I dress less appealing, and that's absolutely fine.

This all started because I simply spoke out my opinion about how I find the gangbanging culture - be it fashion sense/music/whatever - embarrassing. I'm genuinely surprised I've made it this far without being labelled a "racist" yet. Maybe people are learning to stop devaluing the meaning of the term by using it every friggin' second.

before you say he is some mindless gang banger yelling out ni**er every 4 seconds...

Ryan "woodie" Wood was an educated man... He spoke about what he saw in the streets and stuff that was going on around him... His lyrical content is to the point where its like he is painting a mental picture in your mind... He is to Northern Cali Mexicans what Tupac is to Cali Blacks... He told a story with every song...

so now I challenge you to listen to that and pay attention to what he talks about

and here, this song aswell... which is a song about politics... A subject most gangster rappers don't technically touch...

Alot of people respect woodie for what he has spoken about... because everything he said was true...

628Nu.jpg

This bitch I was f*cking with, from  the bay put me on  woodie. Lowkey heard he got set by his bitch thats some f*cked up sh*t. I guess it's true what they say,  the good die young. 

Damn straight. even though he was from up there.. still gots my respect alot! he was good.. i mean one of the best

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

@General

I'm guessing you were once so into all of this African-American urban sub-culture and the gangsta side to it as well, once in your younger days as you found it so cool. And as you got older you now realized that you were trying to be something you were not in the first place, and now you're embarrassed ?

When I say it's embarrassing, I don't meam I'm embarrassed for myself, I mean I'm embarrassed for them. I don't feel even slightly embarrassed that I used to think all that gangbanging stuff was cool during my younger years, because I look back, now knowing that I was still growing up through adolescence. This may come across as pretentious, but I feel I'm a little too mature to find all of that stuff something to show even an ounce of respect for. I mean, we've got guys in their forties still rapping about doing drive-bys and hustling during their younger years. Maybe we share differing thresholds of growing up, but don't you find a little ridiculous and juvenile?

Are you really embarrassed at the fact that you once really wanted to be Black or act Black (in a gangsta sense) ?

Not sure what route you're trying to go down here, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Like above: it's nothing to do with feeling embarrassed about my childhood; and it's certainly got nothing to do with feeling embarrassed about "wanting to be black".

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

@General

I'm guessing you were once so into all of this African-American urban sub-culture and the gangsta side to it as well, once in your younger days as you found it so cool. And as you got older you now realized that you were trying to be something you were not in the first place, and now you're embarrassed ?

When I say it's embarrassing, I don't meam I'm embarrassed for myself, I mean I'm embarrassed for them. I don't feel even slightly embarrassed that I used to think all that gangbanging stuff was cool during my younger years, because I look back, now knowing that I was still growing up through adolescence. This may come across as pretentious, but I feel I'm a little too mature to find all of that stuff something to show even an ounce of respect for. I mean, we've got guys in their forties still rapping about doing drive-bys and hustling during their younger years. Maybe we share differing thresholds of growing up, but don't you find a little ridiculous and juvenile?

Are you really embarrassed at the fact that you once really wanted to be Black or act Black (in a gangsta sense) ?

Not sure what route you're trying to go down here, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Like above: it's nothing to do with feeling embarrassed about my childhood; and it's certainly got nothing to do with feeling embarrassed about "wanting to be black".

"I feel I'm a little too mature to find all of that stuff something to show even an ounce of respect for. I mean, we've got guys in their forties still rapping about doing drive-bys and hustling during their younger years"

Here we go again, so now you don't like the gangbanging aspect because of gangster rappers in their forties talking about what they did back in the day? But you have respect for Trevor who is a cannibalistic, meth addicted, psychopath that lives in a trailer and sells drugs and guns, chops people up and flushes them down the toilet, and most likely hasn't washed his skin in 40 years but god forbid a game about gangs and sh*t we might encounter a rapper in his forties talking about his younger days, if that happens a new Vanilla Ice might spawn and take over the music game, he might even start twerking like Miley with Justin Bieber in the background shaking his ass.

• mrrightt likes this

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

@General

"I feel I'm a little too mature to find all of that stuff something to show even an ounce of respect for. I mean, we've got guys in their forties still rapping about doing drive-bys and hustling during their younger years"

Here we go again, so now you don't like the gangbanging aspect because of gangster rappers in their forties talking about what they did back in the day? But you have respect for Trevor who is a cannibalistic, meth addicted, psychopath that lives in a trailer and sells drugs and guns, chops people up and flushes them down the toilet, and most likely hasn't washed his skin in 40 years but god forbid a game about gangs and sh*t we might encounter a rapper in his forties talking about his younger days, if that happens a new Vanilla Ice might spawn and take over the music game, he might even start twerking like Miley with Justin Bieber in the background shaking his ass.

lmaoo! :^:

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:51 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 29 December 2013 - 10:54 PM.

@General

Smfh....where's that 'epic facepalm' meme...

First of all: I'm not simply alluding my disdain towards all that gangbanging crap to "rappers in their forties"; it's many of the traits; such as the mostly petty crimes like crack-dealing, drive-bys, and this whole retarded colour-coded clothes crap. Yeah, let's keep our organisations low-key from the cops by walking around in huge gangs wearing over-sized, bright-coloured clothes. Yeah, sounds real smart...

Yes, I realise there may be more less-conspicuous guys at the top of the ladder, but I'm simply going by what R* have shown to do, and going with the more stereotypical as well as more common aspect of this particular criminal "enterprise".

Second of all: More respect for Trevor? It's a f*cking video game. I'd much rather have something that's not only new and refreshing to the series, but also something that provides a huge mass of entertainment - you know...ENTERTAINMENT - with hilarious sequences and dialogue, than something boring and generic where I have to hear "dawg" and "nigga" every five f*cking seconds...

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:29 PM

@General

First of all: I'm not simply alluding my disdain towards all that gangbanging crap to "rappers in their forties"; it's many of the traits; such as the mostly petty crimes like crack-dealing, drive-bys, and this whole retarded colour-coded clothes crap. Yeah, let's keep our organisations low-key from the cops by walking around in huge gangs wearing over-sized, bright-coloured clothes. Yeah, sounds real smart...

Yes, I realise there may be more less-conspicuous guys at the top of the ladder, but I'm simply going by what R* have shown to do, and going with the more stereotypical as well as more common aspect of this particular criminal "enterprise".

Second of all: More respect for Trevor? It's a f*cking video game. I'd much rather have something that's not only new and refreshing to the series, but also something that provides a huge mass of entertainment - you know...ENTERTAINMENT - with hilarious sequences and dialogue, than something boring and generic where I have to hear "dawg" and "nigga" every five f*cking seconds...

I Agree 100% on that last bit i mean NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA! all the time it just makes the Script seem  Uncreative Generic and just all round unconvincing.

FIB/Corrupt Government Angle >> Cliché gangbanging angle 

• Officer Ronson likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:40 PM Edited by Official General, 30 December 2013 - 05:32 PM.

When I say it's embarrassing, I don't meam I'm embarrassed for myself, I mean I'm embarrassed for them. I don't feel even slightly embarrassed that I used to think all that gangbanging stuff was cool during my younger years, because I look back, now knowing that I was still growing up through adolescence. This may come across as pretentious, but I feel I'm a little too mature to find all of that stuff something to show even an ounce of respect for. I mean, we've got guys in their forties still rapping about doing drive-bys and hustling during their younger years. Maybe we share differing thresholds of growing up, but don't you find a little ridiculous and juvenile?

@ niko

Okay I fine.

Do I find it a little ridiculous and juvenile ?? Hmmmm, not easy to give such a straight forward answer to that. Let me just break it down like this......

No I do not find it juvenile or immature, I don't view it in a way to think something like that. To me, it is just a real-life subject and theme that I find very interesting - the harsh, challenging realities of gang culture, the drug trade, and the impact it has had on many African-American urban communities across the United States. It's just a part of real life, whether I think it's juvenile or ridiculous is largely irrelevant. I just find it fun and interesting to play all this out in a video game, just like I did with Mafia, mobs etc. Hence, why I'm a huge GTA fan in the first place. 

But I will still cover the 'juvenile' and 'immature' part. Some aspects of gang culture (namely LA-based or influenced), is indeed stupid. To kill each other purely over gang colors is a very ridiculous thing for sure, and it does sometimes get out of hand in a very silly way. At first I did think, "are these brothas that stupid to be killing each other over colors ?". Then after extensive research and learning, I finally understood the much deeper reasons behind all this gangbangin' stuff, there is much more to it. Most guys into gang culture are either born into it, or from a young age they are bred in a socially and economicaly deprived ghetto environment that is surrounded by it, so it always starts from when they are young. For many of these gang members, it is not just about joining a gang just to side with a color - it's about seeing close family members, relatives and friends being killed by rival gangs, fueling a burning desire to get revenge, it's about coming from broken homes, dysfunctional families or no family support, and wanting to finally feel like they belong a 'family', it's about finding a way to make decent enough, but dangerous living making quick money selling drugs in the street. These street gangs are not a bunch of local toughs who think they are untouchable or invincible bullies, they have evolved into complete criminal organizations - they number in the thousands, they have a structured chain of command in many instances, they are well-armed and equipped with the best guns, they make huge amounts of money from the drug trade at retail level controlled in their territories, they invest in legitimate business, they have links to corrupt law enforcement officials and judiciary, and some even have a great deal of influence politically in their localities. There are many things that can be understood and make sense about gang culture, regardless of how 'immature' or juvenile' it appears. 

I have never pictured or thought of gangbangin' as being anything 'cool', even from when I was much younger. Never. I listen to gangsta rap, but I have never dressed like a gangbanger, I have never wanted to be like one, or emulate the lifestyle in any way. I was simply just interested and fascinated in gaining an insight and understanding of how the gangsta culture worked, it's influence, and what it was like via hood movies, gangsta rap and much later video games (GTA obviously), but I was never like, "ah this is so cool". To me, it is just a subject I had found interesting, it is no different to my similar level of interest in the Mafia, Hispanic drug cartels and other criminal organizations. I'm just a guy who has a general interest in gangs and organized crime - including gangbangers, whether you think they are 'organized' or not. 

I don't care to have strong judgments on the impact or influence that gangbangin' has had on popular sub-cultures, fashion, and music genres. Yeah, gangsta rap has been criticized for it's recklessness and immaturity in promoting and glorifying gang violence and the lifestyle, but that is a whole separate thing entirely from the actual real gang life and culture itself. That is just purely business and entertainment. Like I said, gangsta rap is just a form of musical entertainment that struck big - people found it so cool and it sold massively - a business that accidentally became prosperous and thrived majorly, that is it.The way I see it, many young people find gangsta rap cool for the same reasons they find other sub-cultures cool that are symbols of outlandishness, rawness, deviance, rebelliousness, and corruption. Younger people just tend to think stuff that is very different to the norm and made out to be notorious and 'bad' is cool. It's as simple as that.  As for the fashion with baggy pants, big tee-shirts etc ? Again, to me it's just fashion trends. I could not care to much about the dress sense of crime groups, I more interested in how they work and what they do. 

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

@General... Vato... 

that sh*t... perfectly worded bro! It aint even all about colors no more too... sh*t goes way back.. yeah sure in 80s 90s you could easily get killed for wearing the wrong color in the wrong place but now.. now there is even blood wearing blue and crip wearing red so that they dont get mistaken for a rival... 

its revenge killings as you said.. going round in a neverending circle.. say for example a Grape go shoots a hunna... hunnaz gonna getback swift at them as grape and hunnaz are both active gangs and keep retaliation swift.. grapes and hunnaz rivalry is f*ckin bad because they both active and take the fight to each other.. that is why it has lasted decades

• Official General and Tyrone91 like this

Tyrone91
  • Tyrone91

G.I.P my nigga poppy

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:01 AM

its revenge killings as you said.. going round in a neverending circle.. say for example a Grape go shoots a hunna... hunnaz gonna getback swift at them as grape and hunnaz are both active gangs and keep retaliation swift.. grapes and hunnaz rivalry is f*ckin bad because they both active and take the fight to each other.. that is why it has lasted decades

Both gangs stay active. As you said. That is why the rivalry is intense, both GRAPE and hunnaz are some confrontational niggas and take the fight with each other.. and will start a beef over any sh*t

• mrrightt likes this

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

Both gangs stay active. As you said. That is why the rivalry is intense, both GRAPE and hunnaz are some confrontational niggas and take the fight with each other.. and will start a beef over any sh*t

:^:

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

I love my Lecibug <3

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:11 AM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 30 December 2013 - 12:19 AM.

When I say it's embarrassing, I don't meam I'm embarrassed for myself, I mean I'm embarrassed for them. I don't feel even slightly embarrassed that I used to think all that gangbanging stuff was cool during my younger years, because I look back, now knowing that I was still growing up through adolescence. This may come across as pretentious, but I feel I'm a little too mature to find all of that stuff something to show even an ounce of respect for. I mean, we've got guys in their forties still rapping about doing drive-bys and hustling during their younger years. Maybe we share differing thresholds of growing up, but don't you find a little ridiculous and juvenile?

@ niko

Okay I fine.

Do I find it a little ridiculous and juvenile ?? Hmmmm, not easy to give such a straight forward answer to that. Let me just break it down like this......

No I do not find it juvenile or immature, I don't view it in a way to think something like that. To me, it is just a real-life subject and theme that I find very interesting - the harsh, challenging realities of gang culture, the drug trade, and the impact it has had on many African-American urban communities across the United States. It's just a part of real life, whether I think it's juvenile or ridiculous is largely irrelevant. I just find it fun and interesting to play all this out in a video game, just like I did with Mafia, mobs etc. Hence, why I'm a huge GTA fan in the first place. 

But I will still cover the 'juvenile' and 'immature' part. Some aspects of gang culture (namely LA-based or influenced), is indeed stupid. To kill each other purely over gang colors is a very ridiculous thing for sure, and it does sometimes get out of hand in a very silly way. At first I did think, "are these brothas that stupid to be killing each other over colors ?". Then after extensive research and learning, I finally understood the much deeper reasons behind all this gangbangin' stuff, there is much more to it. Most guys into gang culture are either born into it, or from a young age they are bred in a socially and economicaly deprived ghetto environment that is surrounded by it, so it always starts from when they are young. For many of these gang members, it is not just about joining a gang just to side with a color - it's about seeing close family members, relatives and friends being killed by rival gangs, fueling a burning desire to get revenge, it's about coming from broken homes, dysfunctional families or no family support, and wanting to finally feel like they belong a 'family', it's about finding a way to make decent enough, but dangerous living making quick money selling drugs in the street. These street gangs are not a bunch of local toughs who think they are untouchable or invincible bullies, they have evolved into complete criminal organizations - they number in the thousands, they have a structured chain of command in many instances, they are well-armed and equipped with the best guns, they make huge amounts of money from the drug trade at retail level controlled in their territories, they invest in legitimate business, they have links to corrupt law enforcement officials and judiciary, and some even have a great deal of influence politically in their localities. There are many things that can be understood and make sense about gang culture, regardless of how 'immature' or juvenile' it appears. 

I have never pictured or thought of gangbangin' as being anything 'cool', even from when I was much younger. Never. I listen to gangsta rap, but I have never dressed like a gangbanger, I have never wanted to be like one, or emulate the lifestyle in any way. I was simply just interested and fascinated in gaining an insight and understanding of how the gangsta culture worked, it's influence, and what it was like via hood movies, gangsta rap and much later video games (GTA obviously), but I was never like, "ah this is so cool". To me, it is just a subject I had found It is no different to my similar level of interest in the Mafia, Hispanic drug cartels and other criminal organizations. I'm just a guy who has a general interest in gangs and organized crime - including gangbangers, whether you think they are 'organized' or not. 

I don't care to have strong judgments on the impact or influence that gangbangin' has had on popular sub-cultures, fashion, and music genres. Yeah, gangsta rap has been criticized for it's recklessness and immaturity in promoting and glorifying gang violence and the lifestyle, but that is a whole separate thing entirely from the actual real gang life and culture itself. That is just purely business and entertainment. Like I said, gangsta rap is just a form of musical entertainment that struck big - people found it so cool and it sold massively - a business that accidentally became prosperous and thrived majorly, that is it.The way I see it, many young people find gangsta rap cool for the same reasons they find other sub-cultures cool that are symbols of outlandishness, rawness, deviance, rebelliousness, and corruption. Younger people just tend to think stuff that is very different to the norm and made out to be notorious and 'bad' is cool. It's as simple as that.  As for the fashion with baggy pants, big tee-shirts etc ? Again, to me it's just fashion trends. I could not care to much about the dress sense of crime groups, I more interested in how they work and what they do. 

I wanted to post this song I had from a CD by Sir Dyno, it fit what you were saying... "El Mero Mero"... but It aint on youtube and I dont feel like using windows movie maker to upload the song there,,, so ima just put this up...

Its by another Norteno rapper called Gangsta Flea... he was real with what he spoke... unlike the kind of stuff you hear today... most of the stuff he rapped about he did...

anyway the song is about growing up in a barrio in northern california... all the horrors people witness on a day to day basis... SF is bad, specially out in the tenderloin... 

right now he a lifer up in san quention... 

Free_Gangsta_Flea336.jpg

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:18 AM Edited by ColdHearted, 30 December 2013 - 01:18 AM.

@General

So you don't like LA gangbangers is what you should say because it's really only them that wear colors and even then it's exaggerated in the game, it's not the 80's anymore they wear hats and clothes with insignia to differentiate whether it's the same color as their gang or not, and how are drive-bys petty? Is it petty when the mafia or the cartels do a drive by? I understand dealing drugs on the corner is petty, but why would Franklin be standing on a street corner selling drugs? He would be running the gang like CJ did at the end of SA and that territory warfare sh*t wouldn't be coming back either it was unrealistic and we all know R* like realism plus it was annoying. So now what are you gonna say in response? 'I no lik gangz cuz dey say nigga to much'. Or 'dey wer baggy jean me no lik dat, me lik Trevorz dirty hole filled clothes instead.' You might as well just STFU.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

I love my Lecibug <3

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:34 AM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 30 December 2013 - 01:37 AM.

Nikos half brother is about done.... He can't think of anymore to say... He might believe that gang members are retarded illiterate people and yet I have posted a number of songs made by gang members who were very active that actually have intelligence and grim yet realistic portrayals behind stuff he calls pitiful childs play...

"Behind every face lies a story"

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Secretly a GTA IV fanboy

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:35 AM

Nikos half brother is about done.... He can't think of anymore to say... 

He hasn't been on the thread in a while...

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:37 AM

@General

Y'know what? That was probably the most thought out and clearly worded explanation of your position I think I've ever received from you during my time on this forum. I don't necessarily agree with all of it, but for the most part, you made some very good points. If I wasn't having to use my pain in the arse PS3 at the moment to type this, I'd get more into detail. Nonetheless, credit where credit's due 'n' all that.

@ColdHearted

I'm not going to waste any more time with you Junior. You've proven in multiple threads now that comprehending anything appears to be somewhat challenging to you; while at the same time, repeatedly resorting to childish flamatory attacks, and personal insults. Perhaps you can learn a few things from Generals last post on how to act civil.

But I will say this: V is set in a fictional take of L.A. - so of course I'm going to be talking about LA gangbangers, you...(*enters ColdHearteds level mode*)...dip-sh*t, monkey-spunk-snorting vagina-smeg-drinking collection of bowel-matter.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

I love my Lecibug <3

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:38 AM

@General

Y'know what? That was probably the most thought out and clearly worded explanation of your position I think I've ever received from you during my time on this forum. I don't necessarily agree with all of it, but for the most part, you made some very good points. If I wasn't having to use my pain in the arse PS3 at the moment to type this, I'd get more into detail. Nonetheless, credit where credit's due 'n' all that.

@ColdHearted

I'm not going to waste any more time with you Junior. You've proven in multiple threads now that comprehending anything appears to be somewhat challenging to you; while at the same time, repeatedly resorting to childish flamatory attacks, and personal insults. Perhaps you can learn a few things from Generals last post on how to act civil.

But I will say this: V is set in a fictional take of L.A. - so of course I'm going to be talking about LA gangbangers, you...(*enters ColdHearteds level mode*)...dip-sh*t, monkey-spunk-snorting vagina-smeg-drinking collection of bowel-matter.

Suburban raised kids continue to amuse me...

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:47 AM

*accused of being a kid

*looks at accusers birth date

*realises accuser is 7 years younger than me

And tell me: I'm a "suburban raised kid" simply because I don't have any respect for the general consensus of what the gangbanging culture represents?

Mighty fine logic. Mighty fine logic indeed. 

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:13 AM

628Nu.jpg

Damn straight. even though he was from up there.. still gots my respect alot! he was good.. i mean one of the best

Thing with norteno music is... they dont get out there.. they aint making it internationally... sure they got good flow n sh*t but i swear in every song from a norteno there has been a diss towards Surenos. then there is sureno music. sure alot is definite sh*t. but some is real good.. like capone e.. he has gone international because he aint constantly dissing other hoods

Tlaneloli
  • Tlaneloli

Native Outlawz (N8IV)

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:57 AM

This sh*t was blowing up for a while, every time I was reading a page another one appeared, read through the whole thing :p

• mrrightt likes this

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:00 AM

This sh*t was blowing up for a while, every time I was reading a page another one appeared, read through the whole thing :p

Hell yeah,, i just got like 10 notifications from likes n sh*t lmao

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:54 PM

@General

Well I can accept the credit, regardless of the beef. And likewise, I will give credit to other forum members where it's due, regardless of history of beef.

Whether you choose to do this or not, if you wanna get a better understanding of how many young guys from the ghetto get misled and influenced caught up in gangs, then I suggest you watch Gang Tapes. Brilliant movie filmed from an in-movie camcorder perspective (like Paranormal Activity, Blair Witch etc), it's about this young black kid in Compton who gets drawn into the gang life, but done in a unique and very original and very realistic way. 

All I want from this game is some kind of gang and organized crime action. Street gang activity just happens to be very relevant to the setting of the game and it's something that I'd find very fun and interesting to replay, hence why I'm a major advocate of it, not because I love the gangsta culture.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

I don't really care if we get gang wars or not in the DLC. Whether it's gang wars, drug wars, or vigilante missions - there needs to be some repeatable activity that can be done all over the map. Online has Gang Hideouts - no clue why the f*ck Trevor doesn't get those in Single Player, story-wise it would make sense.

There are activities to do after the main story, but most of them are one time things - then there's barely any action anymore aside from rampaging, and the occasional "Some guys are shooting up the bar!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users