Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:24 AM

I remember a few weeks ago, a buddy of mine and I were talking about how the future changes people, and how our thoughts from back then are different than our thoughts as of the present, and eventually how the thoughts of our future will be different than what we had currently. So I finally got around to recording my current thoughts and lifestyle for future reference. I thought it was pretty interesting, and I suggest all you guys "Think out loud" for your future, so you can look back and think about how you used to live.

It's more for archival purposes, more or less. Hell, you can even post them here, if you'd like. That's what I'm doing. I might make a "Thinking Out Loud" video at the end of each year, though.

• D- Ice, ALMOST610, na89340qv0n34b09q340 and 2 others like this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:33 AM

OK..... I only made it 1 minute and 30 seconds into this but I don't know what to say. I don't know if this is supposed to be comedy? Should I feel bad for laughing?

• Travís. likes this

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:33 AM

Woo, I get a mention at 10:30

• universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:35 AM

OK..... I only made it 1 minute and 30 seconds into this but I don't know what to say. I don't know if this is supposed to be comedy? Should I feel bad for laughing?

It's not really a comedy. More or less, it's something for me in the future and I'm suggesting you folk do the same for archivial purposes

Ermac
  • Ermac

Black Spasmodic

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:35 AM

I want that papazan. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:41 AM

I want that papazan. 

It's covered in cat hair since my cat sleeps in it

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:46 AM

In the same vein, I suggest listening to "The Monday Morning Podcast" with Bill Burr. It's just him thinking out loud to himself for about an hour.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:52 AM

In the same vein, I suggest listening to "The Monday Morning Podcast" with Bill Burr. It's just him thinking out loud to himself for about an hour.

Is it any good?

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:13 AM

Well, i'm good at talking to myself so I could consider doing this. Not on camera though probably with just an audio recorder like audacity or something. Like the other day I was talking to myself an my "pretend" audience about how robots and androids won't ever really be that different from us and how their creation will make us redefine how we see life. How our existence could be but a game or simulation on a computer or something and what we do in life would show if we are "worthy" of making it into the next life where we could have our individual consciousness copied and put into an android/robot in the "real" world. Also considering how we would have been in a "real" world, the new world could just as well be another simulation designed to test our masters capability in the "real" world which could end up being an infinite series of simulations or universes/multiverses. Then you think of how this could all be a simulation/test by "god" to see if we are worthy enough to enter into his world or heaven, which, as you may have guessed could be just another simulation. 

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:26 AM

Is it any good?

It's kind of just his "stream of consciousness" in audio form. He's a comedian, so he talks about shows he's done and the process of making comedy, and he likes some sports so he'll talk about the NFL, NHL, and sometimes the MLB. And he'll talk about other general BS. I definitely think it's probably an acquired taste. If you're a fan if his comedy, you'll probably like it.

stinomontana
  • stinomontana

contract chiller

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:41 AM

You're mom is hot.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:20 PM

What are the pills you take? Anti depressants or something? Or are those not pills? And why do you chew them? Is it a flintstones chewable?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

What are the pills you take? Anti depressants or something? Or are those not pills? And why do you chew them? Is it a flintstones chewable?

They're some mints. I took them to fill a few seconds to make the 10-minute quota for the "Thinking Out Loud" thing, which I ended up passing regardless

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

Well hopefully in the future, you'll look back at this video and think "Wow, I used to say 'and stuff' a lot."

I didn't watch the whole video - I couldn't really stand to, but I don't think it's a bad idea. Perhaps next time you should pick an actual topic and talk about your thoughts on it for a few minutes, rather than just rambling about random stuff for a set time. Maybe something political or philosophical, then it might be interesting to see how your views change. For example, while I'm by no means a "lefty", I have noticed that I have started to have slightly more liberal opinions on certain subjects than I did a few years ago. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

Well hopefully in the future, you'll look back at this video and think "Wow, I used to say 'and stuff' a lot."

I didn't watch the whole video - I couldn't really stand to, but I don't think it's a bad idea. Perhaps next time you should pick an actual topic and talk about your thoughts on it for a few minutes, rather than just rambling about random stuff for a set time. Maybe something political or philosophical, then it might be interesting to see how your views change. For example, while I'm by no means a "lefty", I have noticed that I have started to have slightly more liberal opinions on certain subjects than I did a few years ago. 

That's the point of the video/project, just to say your thoughts out loud for future archival reasons. I talk about my school for the most part, though, seeing as I hopefully won't be in school next year.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

bah humbug

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:04 PM Edited by theNGclan, 27 December 2013 - 04:39 PM.

I tried so hard not to cringe and I failed. I'm gonna do one of these videos in an hour or so.

• trip, na89340qv0n34b09q340, universetwisters and 4 others like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

What a spelundid video amigo

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:49 PM Edited by Waldie, 27 December 2013 - 05:49 PM.

I tried so hard not to cringe and I failed. I'm gonna do one of these videos in an hour or so.

[youtube]snip[youtube]

It was kind of amusing up until all the "f*ck all you guys", "eat sh*t" and such. I don't really disagree with any of the points you made but the lame insults at the end ruined it and make you sound no better than the V section crowd.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

bah humbug

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

[youtube]snip[youtube]

It was kind of amusing up until all the "f*ck all you guys", "eat sh*t" and such. I don't really disagree with any of the points you made but the lame insults at the end ruined it and make you sound no better than the V section crowd.
Philistine! Have you no love for satirical insults?
  • Killerdude likes this

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

It depends. If it was meant as a joke then fair enough but that wasn't how I interpreted it.

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

If I thought loud I would be dead already.

• universetwisters likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:18 PM Edited by theadmiral, 27 December 2013 - 10:19 PM.

I like the way you completely misinterpreted me asking him what kind of pills he's taking. It looks like he pops a prescription bottle, takes them, and chews on them. You sound like a very angry nerd in your video and I feel really sorry for you. Also, next time include your face in it, not just audio. I'm sure it would be a riot combined with your angry ranting.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340, universetwisters, orbitalraindrops and 2 others like this

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:21 PM

TheNGclan is so angry ahah. If he doesn't like this forum why is he on it.

• theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:22 PM Edited by theadmiral, 27 December 2013 - 10:25 PM.

TheNGclan is so angry ahah. If he doesn't like this forum why is he on it.

It sounds like one of those preorder cancelled youtube videos where an angry child destroys a copy of GTAV.

My favorite part is how he complains about people being rude assholes then spends 4 minutes being a rude asshole and making rape jokes. Priceless. The nerdy voice cracking is also excellent.

Banks.
  • Banks.

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

So basically you're saying in this video you don't give a f*ck about everybody and everything? Then why make a video ranting about a forum you apparently don't give a f*ck about? The amount of times you contradict yourself is impressive though.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:39 PM Edited by trip, 27 December 2013 - 10:39 PM.

[youtube-snip-[youtube]

I listened to the whole thing.  Even though it wasn't really what UT was posing in the OP...please, by all means make more of these rambles(like you said towards the end).  

It was enjoyable, but the Kiflom part was a bit wahjah.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

I'd do one of these if I could get my Mic to work.

But alas, I am missing out on the fun of rambling about random things to a camera..

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

If I thought loud I would be dead already.

So what? I basically threatened to drive an eighteen-wheeler into my ex's house and light it on fire. Don't let your fears take over your life. Take your fears and throttle them until their neck turns purple.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:19 PM Edited by Waldie, 27 December 2013 - 11:22 PM.

Well if you're looking for trouble then by all means, say whatever pops into your head. I however, am strongly in favour of thinking before opening my mouth. It's not about fear, it's about being smart.

And while I'm sure no one will take any notice of your "eighteen wheeler" comment, making threats in general is a pretty dumb thing to do.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:26 PM

Well if you're looking for trouble then by all means, say whatever pops into your head. I however, am strongly in favour of thinking before opening my mouth. It's not about fear, it's about being smart.

And while I'm sure no one will take any notice of your "eighteen wheeler" comment, making threats in general is a pretty dumb thing to do.

I guess it also depends on the context of the threat. I'd be more threatened if someone told me they were going to follow me home and slice my throat open, rather if someone were to say that they would parachute down through my roof, rip out chunks of drywall, and shove it up my ass while singing IRA songs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users