Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which character did you wish to be in the story more often?

35 replies to this topic
funkybub
  • funkybub

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

Pretty simple question, which character did you want to be in the story more often?

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:30 AM

Franklin. We did not see or get enough of his story and background. 

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:37 AM

Agreed, although the whole story had more focus toward Michael Townley and Trevor. Franklin was just used for the final mission.

HerFavColor
  • HerFavColor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:38 AM

Agree with Official General

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:42 AM

Yeah, he really needed a deeper background and ...A deeper personality for that matter.

I mean all we know about his personality is...

He doesn't wanna be a gangbanger. He wants to make it, get big in life and sh*t.

All we know about his backstory is...

He did nothing with Tonya behind the Burger Shot when he was 13.

He likes Tonia.

He was always Lamar's friend.

He was caught smuggling cigarettes or something and was chased... Didn't pay much attention to that.

He went to some college.

That's it.

All the writing and backstory went to Michael and Trevor.

Zehealingman
  • Zehealingman

Sometimes I dream about cheese.

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:49 AM

-) Franklin.

IMO Franklin didn't have the "protagonist" feel while both Trevor and Micheal had it. It would have been cool if Franklin would have been able to plan his own heist. The heist could be near the end of the game, after Franklin learned the ropes from Michael,Trevor and Lester.

-) Tracey

While she has just as much missions as Jimmy, there should have been a hangout option for Micheal or Michael+Jimmy. She could also get some more dialog. Both Amanda and Jimmy respond to Michael, where she looks like a silent plastic doll during "conversation" with Michael.

-) Mr.Cheng Senior and Stretch

Some more missions with them would be good IMO. Give them more buildup and interaction during the story and ending C would be better.

-) Lamar

I am sure that Lamar would have loved to make some more money for his hood/himself. He could have been a shooter for Franklins heist. He could have a high shooting skill but a low discipline level, making him screwing up something during the heist.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:50 AM

Again, Franklin was simply shoe-horned in to keep the SA kids quiet. I firmly believe we would have gotten a much more expansive, in-depth story, had the primary focus been on Michael and Trevor, and their gripping/intense relationship.

• Luddite likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:54 AM Edited by Official General, 27 December 2013 - 12:55 AM.

Again, Franklin was simply shoe-horned in to keep the SA kids quiet. I firmly believe we would have gotten a much more expansive, in-depth story, had the primary focus been on Michael and Trevor, and their gripping/intense relationship.

Well firstly I'm not a kid. Secondly, SA is not my favorite GTA, and CJ is not my favorite protagonist, so you can count me out of your highly inaccurate, and sweeping generalizations. 

• mad_dog_robinson and Johnny Spaz like this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:55 AM

Simeon, he really is a missed opportunity, oh the troubles that that man could've gotten himself / franklin into.. I really hope to see more of him in future DLC.

icemagi
  • icemagi

Professional Badass

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:33 AM

Stretch because I felt as though I was killing him for no purpose. if I spent more time with him and got to know him as a backstabbing d bag then I would feel like killing him had a purpose
Frankly I feel as though ALL the characters needed more screen time. If the game was the 100 hours of gameplay R* promised us I bet half the population of the game haters and character haters would be non existent because it'd be a better written story (going into back stories) and it wouldn't feel half assed but no, I finished GTA V in 40 hours and nothing happened story wise. I wish Skyrim's amount of gameplay switched with GTA V because if Skyrim's was 40 hours people would still flock to it and its only about gameplay Skyrim virtually had no story but GTA V did and needed Skyrim's length to be what it was hyped up to be. Sorry for bagging on Skyrim it's good in its own right but seriously I'd rather get a better longer GTA than going into dungeons killing stupid skeletons for what feels like 1000+ hours.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

one word will give away who I wanted to see more of... 'NYIIIIGAAAAAH'

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:59 AM

one word will give away who I wanted to see more of... 'NYIIIIGAAAAAH'

Is it Stinkmeaner from The Boondocks?

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:01 AM

franklin he was just use to open up the game world to use and the ending really he needs more 

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:29 AM

Johnny K and no im  not one of those dudes that went into a deep dark depression when he died I   just think the trevor and  Lost MC feud should of been longer and more in depth I loved the first part of the  trevor missions they should  of been more fleshed out.

I think that and maybe a few  more hood missions only because then I could feel  a sense of achievement when killing stretch he could of  been a  great antagonist !  yet all he turned out to be was an annoying side Character who you see in like 3 missions.

so Johnny k and stretch IMO 

GTAV112
  • GTAV112

Homeboy

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:57 AM Edited by GTAV112, 27 December 2013 - 04:01 AM.

More missions for martin madrazo, he was a character, where we should have more missions, then just few

franklin,lamar and we only saw stretch in 2 missions ( the first mission where he kills D. and later in ending C)

and later in the story, the lost mc should be used again for 1-2 missions or so, they was only used when you only can play trevor, later they only show up when you/or they see you when you are in free roam or something like that.

and what i really wanted too, thats not releated to the topic tilte which character, but more heist, that you want to do and not for the fib.

there was only the first heist (ok the money was for martin because the house money, but not for fib..^^) merry weather heist (with no reward at the end) and the last heist, which you decided for yourself.

and of course simeon, he was only for few missions, and i thinked before gtav camed out, simeon send him which cars he need back, and we can do this when ever whe want (something like stevies missions) but instead he only was for few missions, and then he never showed up again after jewel heist

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:41 AM

Terry and Clay. They would have made for much better antagonists with more motivation to kill Trevor, as opposed to Wei Cheng.

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:51 AM

It depends how you play the game. Franklin is the only one of the three who has the entire game to himself for an extended period (after the prologue and before Michael and Trevor are re-introduced). I take things slow so Franklin was my only point of view in Los Santos for a pretty long time before I unlocked Michael.

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:21 AM Edited by IntoGloryRide, 27 December 2013 - 05:31 AM.

Mainly agreed with Madrazo, Simeon and Stretch for reasons already explained...I'll add Maude to this list. Those very few bounty missions did not do that woman enough justice.

Edit: Although I guess she was never in the main story, but would have been cool to see her added somehow.

Ray
  • Ray

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:38 AM

Martin Madrazo. He would have been a much better antagonist than Devin Weston or Steve Haines.

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:53 AM

Lamar, his interactions with Franklin were interesting. Once Franklin left the hood, which he did way too quickly, he got boring.

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

"Get out of my sight, or I'll kill you."

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:25 AM Edited by TheCornking101, 20 April 2014 - 05:54 AM.

- Martin Madrazo

- Brad

- Wei Cheng

- Stretch

- Johnny, Terry, Clay & Ashley

- Ron

- Wade

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:38 AM

Trevor.

Can't get enough of T.

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

Although im not a fan of Franklin, i feel like he and Lamar have to have some more mission and deeper story. Its almost as if Franklin was the final character they made because they're short on ideas (i know its not, but it feels like that in the single player).

Badass Big J
  • Badass Big J

Badass

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:24 AM

Martin Madrazo. He would have been a much better antagonist than Devin Weston or Steve Haines.

CM Punk

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:41 AM Edited by rampage08, 27 December 2013 - 08:42 AM.

I always see Martin Madrazo as some sort of comic relief. At first he looks like this dangerous guy but ends up being nothing more than comedic side character. I can see why Devin and Haines doesnt strike as the main antagonists. I feel like R* didnt explore the character deep enough to be the antagonists. With Dimitri, im sure we all have the grudge againts him. Since he pretty much f*cked us up and to the fact he partnered up with the guy Niko is trying to avoid.
While Devin and Haines doesnt feel much of a threat and didnt hit us personally to make us hate them. I actually feel the real "antagonist" in this game is the Love-Hate between Michael and Trevor, as you all can see them arguing all the time in almost every cutscenes.

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:17 AM

Pretty simple question, which character did you want to be in the story more often?

LAMAR

• A-Wax8 likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

Lamar Davis... Niggaaaa!

sukmieazz
  • sukmieazz

Put out to pasture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:59 AM Edited by Sasqui, 27 December 2013 - 10:59 AM.

All of the antagonists needed to appear more, or at least have more memorable appearances.

Johnny and/or the Lost MC should have been antagonists. I liked the impression Trevor made by killing Johnny in hindsight, but maybe Terry and/or Clay or Angus or someone could have lived and made a good antagonist for not just Trevor, but Trevor Phillips Industries. Didn't see enough Chef or TPI business.
  • mad_dog_robinson likes this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

Johnny and his crew- He was my favorite character from 4 and I think his death was rushed,

Simeon- He said Franklin would regret betraying him, never see him again.

Lamar- Way better than Franklin, he should have been the third protaganist instead.

Vahnstad
  • Vahnstad

The Russian Bear

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:09 PM Edited by Vahnstad, 27 December 2013 - 05:10 PM.

I think the hole game was rushed up. The story was disappointing for me.. because it doesn't feel like a story. Especially the 2nd part was bad.

To many side characters, .. i think no background. Franklin was not a protagonist. It doesn't feel well to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users