Photo

[REQ] Swearing

18 replies to this topic
boopidoop
  • boopidoop

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:18 AM

Ok, I know this will get a lot of hate for MANY reasons, but I was wondering if there was a mod to stop, or at least replace, the swearing in GTA IV, including both DLC's. 3 reasons.

1) My religion, I am a Christian and bought the game because of the sandbox, not to visit "Gentleman's Clubs"

2) It isn't exactly necessary. This may just be because I am in England, where we are more polite, but people don't really swear THAT much do they?

3) I don't exactly enjoy pausing the game whenever another person enters the room. The scenario, and suspicion, doesn't help with my reputation of a clean, good mannered person.

Please no raging, this is simply a request.

Also, this is more optional, as I understand it is difficult to do, but the billboards and radio ads, can someone censor those? Plus, I am not very far into the game, so whether there is nudity or not, that can be avoided, but it would be good to be on the safe side.

Wuzimaru
  • Wuzimaru

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

You could simply play with headphones or simply turn off the audio in the game and keep the subtitles. It is not possible  yet to replace audio speech  in the game.

boopidoop
  • boopidoop

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

You could simply play with headphones or simply turn off the audio in the game and keep the subtitles. It is not possible  yet to replace audio speech  in the game.

Could do. Is it possible to put stars or something over the swears in the subtitles?

AgentWD40
  • AgentWD40

GLITCHED

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:34 PM Edited by hardsty1e, 28 December 2013 - 07:48 PM.

Could do. Is it possible to put stars or something over the swears in the subtitles?

you could probably change the language for last resort. there could be couple of ways to do this. try searching google.

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

It's possible with IV Audio Toolbox: http://gtaforums.com...-audio-toolbox/

This project would require a tremendous amount of patience though. There's thousands of audio files you need to listen to and edit individually.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

rider of bikes

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:04 PM

Ok, I know this will get a lot of hate for MANY reasons, but I was wondering if there was a mod to stop, or at least replace, the swearing in GTA IV, including both DLC's. 3 reasons.

1) My religion, I am a Christian and bought the game because of the sandbox, not to visit "Gentleman's Clubs"

2) It isn't exactly necessary. This may just be because I am in England, where we are more polite, but people don't really swear THAT much do they?

3) I don't exactly enjoy pausing the game whenever another person enters the room. The scenario, and suspicion, doesn't help with my reputation of a clean, good mannered person.

Also, this is more optional, as I understand it is difficult to do, but the billboards and radio ads, can someone censor those? Plus, I am not very far into the game, so whether there is nudity or not, that can be avoided, but it would be good to be on the safe side.

As an Englishman, what the hell are you talking about?

boopidoop
  • boopidoop

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

As an Englishman, what the hell are you talking about?

I'm from the "Middle-Class" area

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

Retired, have a life

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

tumblr_m6c8toaQkW1ryj6qoo1_500_zps837a52

• TJGM likes this

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

If that's the case, I think you should man up a little.

boopidoop
  • boopidoop

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

Oh yeah, swearing is fine. It's not like it's a cheap, offensive way to get out of improving your vocabulary. This is a question, a request. I requested a modification to remove language that I find offensive. I did not ask for lessons on how to "Man up"

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

rider of bikes

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:16 PM Edited by chainsoar, 02 January 2014 - 08:16 PM.

Oh yeah, swearing is fine. It's not like it's a cheap, offensive way to get out of improving your vocabulary. This is a question, a request. I requested a modification to remove language that I find offensive. I did not ask for lessons on how to "Man up"

Definition of a passive-aggressive rant right here. Face it, swearing is just people using words you've attached an arbitrary "offensive" label to and most of the rest of the world is growing up and dealing with it while you fuss over unimportant little details like how to put a *beep* over rude words on an 18-rated video game about violent criminals that you voluntarily purchased.

Short version: you are the real world embodiment of Hyacinth Bucket.

• AgentWD40, TJGM and RedBull FM like this

boopidoop
  • boopidoop

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:45 PM

Definition of a passive-aggressive rant right here. Face it, swearing is just people using words you've attached an arbitrary "offensive" label to and most of the rest of the world is growing up and dealing with it while you fuss over unimportant little details like how to put a *beep* over rude words on an 18-rated video game about violent criminals that you voluntarily purchased.

For hell's sake, I have easier debates proving God exists. All I asked is if someone could help out with a tiny problem, not to send the whole earth's population of newts to Saturn.

I find it offensive, and many other people do too, because swears are used (usually) in anger, and the amount of times I have been kicked in the nuts with these words yelled at me gives me a bad opinion on them.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

rider of bikes

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:42 PM

...you get kicked in the nuts a lot?

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically incorrect.

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:50 PM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 05 January 2014 - 01:53 PM.

For hell's sake, I have easier debates proving God exists. All I asked is if someone could help out with a tiny problem, not to send the whole earth's population of newts to Saturn.

I find it offensive, and many other people do too, because swears are used (usually) in anger, and the amount of times I have been kicked in the nuts with these words yelled at me gives me a bad opinion on them.

They put these useless labels and notifications on the case/steam for a reason, if you don't like it then don't buy it.

YCovsh1.png

Also, this isn't a 'tiny' problem, its not even a problem. You don't seem to understand how many audio files video games like this have, and censoring billboards? Seriously? If you get offended by little stuff like this then video games aren't for you.
  • RedBull FM likes this

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

Retired, have a life

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

They put these useless labels and notifications on the case/steam for a reason, if you don't like it then don't buy it.

YCovsh1.png

Also, this isn't a 'tiny' problem, its not even a problem. You don't seem to understand how many audio files video games like this have, and censoring billboards? Seriously? If you get offended by little stuff like this then video games aren't for you.

Correct. If you don't like the language, don't buy the game.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:41 AM Edited by lpgunit, 07 January 2014 - 03:46 AM.

Now, now, people, let's not be too harsh on the guy. I'm Christian, too, but I don't mind much about the M-rated content on the game as I just pass it off or skip it while I drive or troll the police.

Then again not everyone who's interested in the games are pleased with the smut, and are only after the freedom the game world has to offer. The most that I could recommend is to download a map conversion like Gostown, or play something else like the first Mafia game or Garry's Mod.

Which reminds me... There doesn't seem to be an abundance of open-world games for younger audiences that allow players to have fun minus the objectionable content the likes of Jack Thompson would blush on, besides Lego City Undercover, of course. A former GTA developer vowed not to develop for violent games after finding it hard to justify in front of his conservative relatives, so that made me wonder if he's up to working on something similar to Lego City.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

boopidoop
  • boopidoop

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

YCovsh1.png

Correct. If you don't like the language, don't buy the game.

Now, now, people, let's not be too harsh on the guy. I'm Christian, too, but I don't mind much about the M-rated content on the game as I just pass it off or skip it while I drive or troll the police.

Then again not everyone who's interested in the games are pleased with the smut, and are only after the freedom the game world has to offer. The most that I could recommend is to download a map conversion like Gostown, or play something else like the first Mafia game or Garry's Mod.

Which reminds me... There doesn't seem to be an abundance of open-world games for younger audiences that allow players to have fun minus the objectionable content the likes of Jack Thompson would blush on, besides Lego City Undercover, of course. A former GTA developer vowed not to develop for violent games after finding it hard to justify in front of his conservative relatives, so that made me wonder if he's up to working on something similar to Lego City.

Lpgunit, you have provided me with the perfect answer. My problem with this whole thing is that there are barely any games like GTA, except for Just Cause 2, in which you can just explore. I guess most of you are right, I can just ignore it, but let's admit it, that's pretty difficult to do. And I hope the developer is doing that, I'd buy it in alpha!

• lpgunit likes this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:15 AM

Lpgunit, you have provided me with the perfect answer. My problem with this whole thing is that there are barely any games like GTA, except for Just Cause 2, in which you can just explore. I guess most of you are right, I can just ignore it, but let's admit it, that's pretty difficult to do. And I hope the developer is doing that, I'd buy it in alpha!

True, there isn't much to be concerned about in JC2. There's some risque content on it, but it isn't as easily accessible, and Panau's pretty much "clean" when it comes to adult content for the most part.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:26 AM

If I'm not mistaken, there was a mod in other site, not sure if it was completed or not, with the objective of muting the pedestrian voices.

If I don’t forget about it, I will try to find it tomorrow :^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users