Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does everyone in life contemplate suicide at least once?

139 replies to this topic
StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:17 PM

Surely everyone must have done so at least one time when things have been so sh*t that they give it semi-serous 'thought'? Not necessarily anything more than just thought, but to at least have thought about it? For example teenage years can be very confusing and emotional.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

Over the last few months, yeah, I would say a "semi-serious" few thoughts. I'm 17, and absolutely nothing good happens to my family. Anytime we get ahead (almost never), some sh*t happens, car breaks, parent in hospital, etc that digs us deeper in the f*cking hole. It was almost too much for me a while back, but I'm getting through it. I want so much better of a life, but I know I will have to deal with the bullsh*t and hardships over the next few years to put myself in the right position. Too many people in my family depend on me, and my parents won't be any better off if I weren't here. So, unfortunately, I gotta tough it out.

A lot of my friends tell be to take a hit and relax, but that is the kind of sh*t that isn't going to help. So many people I know smoke cigs or weed, and are pissed because they are broke. What the f*ck do you think is making you broke, then?? Pisses me right off. I make just enough money myself to end up giving it to my parents to help pay for food, bills, fixing my car when it decides to take a sh*t. Hopefully that will change soon enough...

/rant

• Shah Sam and gn1992 like this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:41 PM

All but the Pollyannas

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:44 PM Edited by Audiophile, 26 December 2013 - 11:47 PM.

I think about it all the time, man.

Have for over a year or so now. I used to on and off when I was in my teenage years, started when I was 15. But for over a year now, there isn't at least a day that goes by where I don't have the thought. I think some people are so sealed within their own fate that they hide deep within their mind, and that's usually where these thoughts come from.

I have never gotten to the point of actually putting thoughts into being. Mainly because I am only 20 and I have the hope that things will get better. I also wouldn't want to put my family through that, despite them being a part of why I feel this way. I have sought out help but I was told that I have nothing to be depressed about at my age, that it's wrong for me to feel this way and I should just get over it. I've always thought that feelings are valid simply because you feel them but sadly not everyone thinks that way.

I think one of my biggest regrets is having spent too much time trying to please other people. That'll be the end of me unless I stop, I always put other people before myself. I spilled apologies left and right, even where none were deserved. I apologized for occupying too much space. For breathing out sorrow because I didn't want to be a burden to people when they made me feel as such. For existing. It's my own fault for giving others the knife and standing by as they did their worst. Always forgiving them because ultimately I fear being alone.

The hardest thing about depression is that it is addictive. It begins to feel uncomfortable for you not to be depressed and you even feel guilty for feeling happy. It can be a great teacher though because you never know what you will become once you work through all that sh*t. We all have our issues to work out.

Anyway, that's some of my thoughts about this. Sorry if this is 2deep4me to some people.

• Ex Hellraiser, Ermac., Andreas and 3 others like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:55 PM

I've thought about it many times, but most of them with the premise of "proving a point", all from riding a dirtbike through my school while wearing a suite made up of nothing but active landmines to driving a semi truck into my ex girlfriend's house and light myself on fire.

I'm a f*cking nutter.

• Shah Sam and askinnywhitedildo like this

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

I'm a f*cking nutter.

I concur.

• universetwisters and askinnywhitedildo like this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:09 AM

You have no idea about serious suicide contemplation until you're still coming 'round from an extremely vivid dream you're a Frenchman.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

Not me but I have thought about faking my death and just leaving everything behind.

BarelyLegal
  • BarelyLegal

You're a cünt.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:34 AM

I have a sexual attraction to people of all ages. I'll let you figure the rest out. I'd never act on it, but that didn't stop me from seriously contemplating ending it for a long, long time. The persistent self-loathing, the thought I was a monster, when in reality it's not something I actively chose to burden my existence. I don't watch it, I have no desire to. If I did, I would enjoy it; which is precisely why I keep my mind clean from that filth. Being a.. *sigh*.. pedophile, isn't something I'd wish on anyone. Fortunately the attraction isn't exclusive, I'm in a very happy relationship with a girl who ironically is one too. What are the odds of that, huh? She hates it, I hate it, we don't talk about it.

Being what I just spoke about above, accompanied by the fact I have been severely depressed in the past hasn't been a good combination, let me tell you. Fortunately I'm past that now, though I'm still not entirely happy. I need to plan for the future. I'm twenty now and I haven't a clue what I want to do with my life. It makes me feel very uneasy.
  • 018361, StormerBoy, orbitalraindrops and 4 others like this

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:50 AM

Every single day. It's a wild roller-coaster ride everyday. 

Sometimes I feel great and I want to kick life right in it's ass then a few minutes later and I will be sitting in the ER waiting to get life's boot removed from mine. I can change from being super positive and on top of the world to being really negative and down in the dumps in a matter of minutes. It's as if my whole personality changes from the "good" me to the "terrible" me. It really sucks because sometimes it's hard to see who the "real" me actually is.    

• Mister Kay likes this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:58 AM

Go figure, a thread about suicide is really depressing.

Don't do it people, I need people to bitch and moan about gta so I can bitch and moan about them. Well, maybe the pedophile should give it a go.

:sui:

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:05 AM

I think we all do, at least in some capacity. Suicidal thoughts, tend to be the first reaction to hardship. But to think and to act are two very different things. Do not do the latter. Regardless of how bad you think your life is right now, there always is light on the end of the tunnel, it might seem faint, or virtually inexistent now - but it is there. Don't give up and if you really don't see a way out, seek help. It will get better.

• GTA fan from the United Kingdom likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

When I was 13. Ugh those were petty/sh*tty years.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:25 AM

I used to, then I realized that people who commit suicide are nothing but selfish cowards who only care about themselves. Killing myself just so I don't have to deal with the problems of daily life and leaving behind a bunch of people to mourn me for the rest of their lives is one of the most selfish things I can imagine. I would basically be curing my own depression and passing it onto them. If my best friend was going through depression and decided to off himself, I would miss him, but I would also lose all respect for him as a human being. It would be his choice alone to leave this world and leave everyone he knows to mourn for him. This is how I feel about anyone who commits suicide. They don't deserve my sympathy, because they chose themselves to leave this world and forever scar their relatives rather than find the strength to carry on.

Bullying victims are the absolute worst culprits, especially this ''Cyber-bullying'' nonsense. Sorry if this comes off as blunt, but everyone gets bullied in school. And most don't kill themselves. They get over it. Heck I was f*cking bullied all the time and you don't see me committing suicide.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:26 AM

I've visualized hanging myself with a belt many times but I'm too chickensh*t to go through with it. Sometimes I convince myself that getting hit by a bus would be doing a favor the world.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:35 AM Edited by theadmiral, 27 December 2013 - 01:36 AM.

GTAForums should report you all to the police so you all can get the help you need, it is heartbreaking to read so many sad stories of depression and suicidal thoughts. The forum could be liable if something happens.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:45 AM Edited by Ex Hellraiser, 27 December 2013 - 01:49 AM.

I think we all get suicidal thoughts along these lines every so often:

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Just missing the monocle.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:13 AM

I have a sexual attraction to people of all ages. I'll let you figure the rest out. I'd never act on it, but that didn't stop me from seriously contemplating ending it for a long, long time. The persistent self-loathing, the thought I was a monster, when in reality it's not something I actively chose to burden my existence. I don't watch it, I have no desire to. If I did, I would enjoy it; which is precisely why I keep my mind clean from that filth. Being a.. *sigh*.. pedophile, isn't something I'd wish on anyone. Fortunately the attraction isn't exclusive, I'm in a very happy relationship with a girl who ironically is one too. What are the odds of that, huh? She hates it, I hate it, we don't talk about it.

Being what I just spoke about above, accompanied by the fact I have been severely depressed in the past hasn't been a good combination, let me tell you. Fortunately I'm past that now, though I'm still not entirely happy. I need to plan for the future. I'm twenty now and I haven't a clue what I want to do with my life. It makes me feel very uneasy.

Your past threads have been...suspicious, to say the least, but it's brave of you to say something like this to people who you don't even know. And for that, you get my respect.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:16 AM

No, but I do after reading these replies...

• StormerBoy and theadmiral like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:36 AM

I used to, then I realized that people who commit suicide are nothing but selfish cowards who only care about themselves. Killing myself just so I don't have to deal with the problems of daily life and leaving behind a bunch of people to mourn me for the rest of their lives is one of the most selfish things I can imagine. I would basically be curing my own depression and passing it onto them. If my best friend was going through depression and decided to off himself, I would miss him, but I would also lose all respect for him as a human being. It would be his choice alone to leave this world and leave everyone he knows to mourn for him. This is how I feel about anyone who commits suicide. They don't deserve my sympathy, because they chose themselves to leave this world and forever scar their relatives rather than find the strength to carry on.

Bullying victims are the absolute worst culprits, especially this ''Cyber-bullying'' nonsense. Sorry if this comes off as blunt, but everyone gets bullied in school. And most don't kill themselves. They get over it. Heck I was f*cking bullied all the time and you don't see me committing suicide.

I could not finish your post. People who say that those who commit suicide are selfish cowards are just blatantly ignorant. I think suicide is a dumb desparate move but calling those who do it cowards? Really?
  • Shah Sam likes this

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:48 AM

I think it takes tremendous courage to commit suicide.

To actually make those thoughts a reality. To stand at a height, or to hold something to your own body and then make that final decision.

Selfish, yes, I suppose if that person has children, a family it is especially selfish, IMO. But an act of cowardice? No. I think it takes courage for a person to do something like that.

But then again, I suppose it depends which way you look at it. It can be argued it's cowardice because you're essentially giving up on life and not strong enough to cope, to move past whatever it is. But in that moment, to commit the actual act, I believe it takes courage.

Those are just my two cents.

• StormerBoy, Ex Hellraiser, Cutter De Blanc and 3 others like this

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:07 AM

I could not finish your post. People who say that those who commit suicide are selfish cowards are just blatantly ignorant. I think suicide is a dumb desparate move but calling those who do it cowards? Really?

Perhaps in that moment when you are about to kill yourself it does take courage to decide if you are really gonna go through with it, but in no way does that make it right.

Maybe coward is a bit harsh but if those people chose not to commit suicide and deal with or seek help for their problems, their lives would improve eventually. It is much better than just ending your life on a whim. They would realize that their loved ones are always there for them, and the effects it would have on them if they were to commit suicide. There are people in this world much worse off than those who kill themselves, who would do anything just to be in the same situation as them. But suicide victims don't realize that and act as if their situation is inescapable when it really isn't.

• AceRay and Sting4S like this

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:17 AM

^^

That's pretty much why I don't do it. Yes, I have the thoughts and sadly more than I'd like lately but I cannot imagine ever acting on them and doing that to the people in my life.

Suicide solves nothing. It just removes you from the situation and passes it on to those you leave behind. It's kind of like the weather, isn't it? Yes, it may be raining but as we all know, the sun does and will come up. It doesn't mean it will rain forever.

• Vercetti42 likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:19 AM

I've came close to ending it on several occasions in my darker days. I still get so upset at something these days that the thought still comes to mind but I'm more thoughtful on consequences these days than I was before I had a kid and all.

I think it's only natural to have such thoughts but if you ever find yourself hitting rock bottom, just think about the good things or the consequences your death may have on others and those around you or what type of life you might miss. It does get better.. baby steps.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:38 AM

Perhaps in that moment when you are about to kill yourself it does take courage to decide if you are really gonna go through with it, but in no way does that make it right.

Maybe coward is a bit harsh but if those people chose not to commit suicide and deal with or seek help for their problems, their lives would improve eventually. It is much better than just ending your life on a whim. They would realize that their loved ones are always there for them, and the effects it would have on them if they were to commit suicide. There are people in this world much worse off than those who kill themselves, who would do anything just to be in the same situation as them. But suicide victims don't realize that and act as if their situation is inescapable when it really isn't.
Agreed. But what about those who don't really have any loved ones left, either died in a horrific way or just died off leaving said person alone for the most part?

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:44 AM Edited by AceKingston, 27 December 2013 - 03:45 AM.

Bullying victims are the absolute worst culprits, especially this ''Cyber-bullying'' nonsense. Sorry if this comes off as blunt, but everyone gets bullied in school. And most don't kill themselves. They get over it. Heck I was f*cking bullied all the time and you don't see me committing suicide.

Agreed. But what about those who don't really have any loved ones left, either died in a horrific way or just died off leaving said person alone for the most part?

They'll have to get one with life because suicide won't change anything. It's not like committing suicide will bring them back.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:23 AM

I used to until I experienced what it was like to lose a relative that way. I would never want to put my family through something like that again. That was a very hard time.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:58 AM

First of all, how are they cowards? I'd say it takes a lot of balls to actually go through with it.

Some people commit suicide from bullying because they actually don't have anyone they can go to for support, it's not all for attention. One of my favorite actors recently gave a speech about how he swallowed a bottle of pills when he knew he was alone in the house, but he said it wasn't a cry for help because there was no help to begin with.

• Sting4S likes this

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:01 AM

I probably thinked about it, but I will never do it. I sometimes even think, why would some dude just kill himself ?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:01 AM

Yeah, calling them cowards is a bit out there man. There's been people who simply took that route to release from the pain, actual physical pain of certain illnesses, wounded during battle, etc. Don't think it's cowardice but rather the opposite. Takes a lot of balls to end yourself, especially not knowing what happens on the other side.

Not everyone is John Wayne and can take a hit and keep on ticking, suicide is a last resort and an escape for many people. I don't think it's wrong nor do I think it's the best alternative out there.. but when you've had enough, I guess you've had enough. 

• Shah Sam, Sting4S and heer like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users