Quantcast

» «
Photo

Enabling Surround Sound on Digital Output.

10 replies to this topic
Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:10 PM

Hello all,

I bought a pair of Tritton AXPRO+ headphones today, that have 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound. I can't enable surround sound on my computer though. The way it's installed is listed below:

ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/support/trittonmanuals/Pro+_UG_EN.pdf

It's the PC Digital setup on page 20. 

Anyway, the problem is I can't get Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround to work. I've tried to configure in audio devices and it only allows me to select stereo only. On the Tritton Decoder it tells you when 5.1 is working properly (a light turns out), when I test Dolby digital encoder in the sound part of control panel decoder says it works, but then any other time it says it's not working. The digital audio output i'm trying to use is SPDIF (the only digital slot I own). 

Because of the test thing, I know that it is capable of outputting in 5.1, I just need to work out how to enable it permanently. Sorry for the shoddy arrangement here, I haven't typed a chunk of text in a while... whoops

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

For starters 5.1 on 2 peakers is *headphones* is bogus here is a link that will tell you that ,leave it in stereo sound mode .

It's you're brian that makes you think it is 5.1 but realy technically it's stereo.

As soon as i heard that where going to start to sell this gimmic ,i killed my self in laughter.

In the vid-Logan ive watched his vids since 9600gt's where out GPU's if not b4 on loganTV ...

Get with the real sound not a cheap make belive jarden crap ...

https://www.youtube....h?v=d1rXcJuEsy0

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

Actually in this case of these headphones, they can do true 5.1 since the headphones have 8 speakers.

The thing you left out is what sound card you have.

If your sound card has 5.1 standard PC connections, see if you can connect your headphones directly to that. From what I see in the manual, it's possible for the headphones to do that. I know it's not ideally what you want but it's a start.

And that video is 20mins of 2 guys talking BS for audiophiles. After skipping around a bit they only headphones they talk about are stereo headphones. I didn't bother to watch the whole thing to see if they talk about true surround headphones like what Diggdydog has.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Hellhound Warpig

• United-Kingdom

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

Most of the BS for "Audiophiles" is just plain BS, I'm an audiophile and the overwhelming majority of it was sh*te.

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

Alright then, so yeah just to confirm my headphones are in fact true 5.1 surround sound headphones, like Wolf said. 

I'm using the onboard sound from this mobo: https://www.asus.com...ds/M5A78LMUSB3/

I've tried using the analogue but it really doesn't sound right, also picks up a f*ck load of background noise. There's a feature on these headphones where i can have TS coming through the headphones via USB, and then the game audio coming through digital. This isn't possible through analogue and it's a feature I'm really enjoying as it allows me to control both separately physically on the headphones, so ideally I'd like to avoid going analogue. 

I was looking around and I think I might need a soundcard with Dolby Digital Live built into it. Can anyone confirm this? 

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:27 AM

You need to watch the youtube video i linked one more time & pls watch it all. Logan is a trusted PC person for so many years ,he & as my self have been into music for so many years we see past this Make be live BS ,you need to know as well no headphones ever have 4 speakers in the left & 4 speakers on the right ,& if they are they would be very tiny ,yet the connector jack will still look like this .

blog-glossary-3-5mm-cable-jack-connector

3.5mm Or

7dayshop-com-3-5mm--6-3mm-standard-headp

5mm . As you can see if you have this . i guarantee you do it will Only distribute stereo sound . All these Eluminators /3D/Sorround Sound is Driver Driven ,allowing the Manufactuer to Say it is when realy it is not.

Now just to make my self clear - Im Not by any means telling you off at all ,i just hope i am teaching you the truth behind these gimics .it's like that saying this * placebo * plaaaa cee bo ,so you say it correct xd. Any way it's all make be live ... Leave it set to stereo il give you a test to do . With STEREO set on !!! click this Video Watch it & tell me that Stereo can provide a great sound AS YOU'RE MIND creates Sorround sound it self. The Mind Is A Powerfull thing ,that Many think it can not do thins that it can. !! Hear is thaty link Watch it with you're EYES CLOSED. no pun @ all just trying to save you all the BS. ----- http://youtu.be/IUDTlvagjJA

Do also read some of the comments you will be amazed by all the reactions . :) :) :)

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:32 AM

Just do me a favour dude, go and look at the product description for the Tritton AX Pro+ surround sound headphones. 100% has 8 speakers. It's not a placebo, nor is it make BELIEF. You have the same RAM as me though so I'll check that video out next time I'm on the PC.

Also, my headphones have the full package on analogue. Forgetten the colours, but it's all the jacks required for analogue surround sound, not just 3.5mm, which does work, just doesn't sound that great and picks up loads of noise.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Hellhound Warpig

• United-Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:14 AM

Loony, please wind your neck in. This isn't a question of whether you think the product can possibly be what's been described (clue-it is), it's a technical assistance topic. If you aren't going to provide meaningful assistance please go away.

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:47 PM Edited by loony979, 30 December 2013 - 11:36 PM.

wind your neck in ? im only trying to help out that is all. ill leave this alone then . wow

EDIT: i just checked these head sets out and wow im amazed ther actualy DO have what you're saying ill track my previous statement ! you may have to play around with setting like

1. Clock : 44.1 - 48 - 88.2 - 96 khz ... in 2.1 speaker set up or

2. Bit-Matched: Enable Bit-Matched playback

3. Digital 1/0: Play stereo mix using Digital Output

4. Encoder: Doldy Digital/DTS Encoding

..Off

..Dolby Digital Live

..DTS Connect (This is what i use for my Reciever)

Once agian srsly sorry about the stupidity ME lol ,just simply didn't think these where even out there ,ive only ever thought headphones came out as 2 speakers .

Since this mishap ill try my best to get it up & running for ya . :) :) :)

Edit again: there is so many cords to this thing it's insane - ive read a review on it here is the link .

http://www.pcmag.com...,2394864,00.asp

they say If you have a 5.1 sound card then you can set/enable 5.1 ,im guessing you are using on board audio to try to do this (5.1 dolby) tho with what you said ,in test mode you could hear all speakers trigger ? Aswell in the review they also say it is was hard to set it all up (the whole 5.1 )

If you have what i have or similar eg: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional

49972-creative-sound-blaster-x-fi-titani

You will be able to Directly set :DTS Connect (This is what i use for my Reciever) ,& that will deliver it to the head set.

If it's onboard Audio this may be a question also if the onboard can produce this . With me i had Vista & i couldn't record *What You Hear* just wasn't & needed a *Toslink/Optical/SPDIF* same thing (red laser out) to my Reciever . Now i can True 5.1 sound & have that record-ability aswell (what you hear).

It may be a bet easier to tell what Sound card you have ,can you tell us what Mother Board you use.

& Windows aswell . then i can work of that a bit better to tailor this. Still amazed a company has made this (inside) a pair of head phones. My opinion on this may seem irrelevant, tho i srsly thought you just had a simple Head set with mic . Get back to us. pls.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:02 PM

@Diggdydog
I hate to say this; I'm going to assume that the audio is Realtek HD. If that is the case then don't ever use the Windows settings to try to control anything. The Realtek control panel is the best thing to use. There is only a few things you can use the Windows Sound control panel for and setting up the speakers isn't one of them.
In your system tray you should see the standard Windows speaker icon and another one for Realtek HD Audio Manager, that's the one you want.
It'll look something like this. You might have extra tabs at the top, different order maybe as well.
Click the Digital Output (optical) tab, which you should have. Where it says "Set Default Device" click the little down arrow and select "Set Default Device" (yes you could do this as well in the Windows Sound control panel).
Next click on the Default Format tab below. Click on the drop menu there and select Dolby Digital Live (5.1 Surround). Keep in mind I'm going based on what my Audio Manager is showing me at this point.

As far as the USB connection. I'm pretty sure that's mostly for power and a slight communication between the device and the PC. I can't find anything that says the USB will deliver one audio while the optical gives you another. For that to happen then USB would have to so up as a completely separate audio controller in Windows, basically another sound card.

Strange that you were getting background noise when connected to the analog. It might be that one of your connections is either bad or dirty.

@loony979
I hope you've learned the biggest lesson from this topic: Research what the OP is talking about before you make assumptions.
There have been a good number of true 5.1 headphones that have come out and many more to come.

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:01 AM

@Wolf68k : i have ,i normally don't miss anything when i read a topic .

@diggdydog : noise can be what wolf said a bad or dirty cable or even very noisy electronics.

& with PC's a computer is a wasp nest for signal interference ,especially for sound .

EG: using a USB cable to send sound to the front port -

1.USB Cable goes throw these:

2.Mother board .

3.HDD

4.Optical drive(dvd)

5.Gpu's may be .

It's best to have the sound exiting the PC :

1.Mother Board connection straight to

2.Sound card then

3.rear ports

4.It's all then made a 1 solid connection with Zero wires .

If it is then in you're case of External (Hub)

proplusfull.jpeg

The External Hub/Amp ,should be if possible placed well away from the PC .

As to all these cables also they can react as an antenna ,if you ever heard a stereo or any type of amp - it's volume very high but no sound tho hear a chatter ,or some say it sounds like morse code ,Mobile phones use to do this to car stereo's as well .Even if the cable it self is magnetically shielded ,it's material can still conduct electrons from radio waves .

It's like trying to use you're mobile phone with WiFi set on - now try to use it with a microwave right next to it - not gonna happen .

So to get around this is to minimize the fields are these types of waves stay clear of cables from PC & may even if you can keep the wires them self's from the head set close to or even on the floor ,lay them down if possible . if this is still happening im not sure on how to go forward on the noise pollution you're having .

1st thing's 1st getting the 5.1 to function & have that Dolby light shine in it's glory.

So Make & model of MB & Windows will help us. & play around with Realtek HD Audio panel as @Wolf58k said ,most of the time with sound cards or even enabling something in sound is to turn it on then a reset ,,if you want - peace of mind .Can't be live i missed the Source of sound (Internal Chipset) def- 1st thing to try out ... :) :) :) Good luck get back to us.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users