Beta Maverick? How is this possible?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic
OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:54 PM

Hey guys, i was researching some of the old gta3 photos and i came across these pictures. They somehow feature a gta3 styled maverick, but thats not in the game. however, it seems to be an exact copy of vc maverick except window textures, so what do you think?

PPH98AZ.jpg
amMTlBl.jpg

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

I don't see the point you are trying to make. That is simply an artwork of the Police Helicopter, which changed design slightly from the pictures, in the final game:

PoliceHelicopter-GTA3-side.jpg

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

The point is that its exactly same with the vc maverick, which wasnt avaible at the time. and that doesnt look like an atwork. its an 3d real model as you can see. also look where the lights coming from it, exactly the same with gta3 heli's light positions. so it means, that pic was taken from the game.

xNCx
  • xNCx

VCMP beta tester

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

For me, both mavericks are the same, just the color changed.

Dani5ooo
  • Dani5ooo

¯\_ (ツ) _/¯

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:56 PM Edited by Dani5ooo, 26 December 2013 - 10:58 PM.

For me, both mavericks are the same, just the color changed.

You are kidding me, right? xD

OmeXr is right. The helicopter looks almost exactly like the one from Vice City, but GTA 3 wasn't even released when this magazine came out.

The police helicopter and the helicopter on the picture look different, so the question is "why?".

Maybe they wanted to implement the feature that we can fly in GTA 3, but then removed and replaced it with some ugly ones. I don't know. xD

iIiIiI00080
  • iIiIiI00080

Rock On

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:34 AM

Assets assets assets, they are made before anything. 

GTA_cheats_fan
  • GTA_cheats_fan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

Maybe they were planning to make a heli in the game, but that cheanged their minds.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:55 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 27 December 2013 - 09:56 PM.

The point is that its exactly same with the vc maverick, which wasnt avaible at the time. and that doesnt look like an atwork. its an 3d real model as you can see. also look where the lights coming from it, exactly the same with gta3 heli's light positions. so it means, that pic was taken from the game.

I was talking about the picture you uploaded, the helicopter shown (which you think looks like a Maverick) looks like an artwork to me and just because there is a light coming from it, it has no meaning that it was taken from the game. What I meant from my post was that the design may have changed to that of the picture I showed from in game, GTA III and VC were developed around the same time and due to the no helicopters in GTA III, they may have delayed that particular design until they were flyable.

Originally, Rockstar Games may have wanted to include Helicopters in GTA III as GTA_cheats_fan said and this can be suggested as you can see from this mod that there were traces of code for Helicopters in the GTA III files. I also read somewhere (I can't find the topic anymore) that GTA VC was originally meant to be a DLC for GTA III and so that could be another reason for this code and that design to be present :^:

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:49 PM Edited by OmeXr, 27 December 2013 - 04:51 PM.

Huh, i guess it's Max Payne's maverick. R* seems to use it in both games. And since GTA3 and Max Payne are from 2001, it makes sense..

http://www.youtube.c...oM6IBRnr8A#t=19

also, in that video, after seeing heli, you can hear gta3 police sirens. and maverick is using gta3 chopper sounds aswell. i guess this is explains the maverick case..

• GTAKid667 likes this

xNCx
  • xNCx

VCMP beta tester

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

Yay, the heli in Max Payne 1 is exactly the same. But Max Payne 1 was not developed by Rockstar, so?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

Yay, the heli in Max Payne 1 is exactly the same. But Max Payne 1 was not developed by Rockstar, so?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Payne - Rockstar Toronto developed it for PS2 :^:

BM92
  • BM92

Lord Zaphos

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:28 AM

Holy mother of God

That reminds me of some good old memories. I've read a magazine like this when I was 10 years old... (2002)...

And now people are complaining about GTA V..

What a f*cking huge step they've made!

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

Holy mother of God

That reminds me of some good old memories. I've read a magazine like this when I was 10 years old... (2002)...

The step from GTA III to GTA V was made up of little steps (GTA VC - GTA CW) and so I feel that the real 'big step' was from GTA2 to GTA III. There was stuff in GTA III which shaped future games and the game itself was hugely successful and was the top sold game that year: http://en.wikipedia...._in_video_gaming

Spoiler

• BM92 likes this

BM92
  • BM92

Lord Zaphos

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:47 AM

Holy mother of God

The step from GTA III to GTA V was made up of little steps (GTA VC - GTA CW) and so I feel that the real 'big step' was from GTA2 to GTA III. There was stuff in GTA III which shaped future games and the game itself was hugely successful and was the top sold game that year: http://en.wikipedia...._in_video_gaming

Spoiler

hahah I agree with you bro, I was addicted to GTA III back in the days... i miss these days...

• GTAKid667 likes this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:50 AM Edited by GTAKid667, 29 December 2013 - 12:51 AM.

I miss all the days I spent hours playing it... that said, I still play my copy for PC a lot to take turns in the GTA III Chain Game with ;)

yoshiandluigi3
  • yoshiandluigi3

modder.

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:51 AM

From what I've heard, during the beta you could hijack the police helicopter.

BM92
  • BM92

Lord Zaphos

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:52 AM

I miss all the days I spent hours playing it... that said, I still play my copy for PC a lot to take turns in the GTA III Chain Game with ;)

yeah I saw your thread, its a great way to keep playing it

I'll have to install it again to remember the good old days.

*about hijacking the police chopper, that is something new to me. Never heard about that!

• GTAKid667 likes this

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:14 AM Edited by elburrosleftnut, 30 December 2013 - 11:21 AM.

Huh, i guess it's Max Payne's maverick. R* seems to use it in both games. And since GTA3 and Max Payne are from 2001, it makes sense..

http://www.youtube.c...oM6IBRnr8A#t=19

also, in that video, after seeing heli, you can hear gta3 police sirens. and maverick is using gta3 chopper sounds aswell. i guess this is explains the maverick case..

Rockstar North (DMA Design) had nothing to do with Max Payne or any of the Max Payne series.

Rockstar Games itself is a publisher. They own different dev teams around the world, that make their own projects.

For some reason the "R* being one developer" misconception runs rampant on the forums.

On Topic: All the models depicted on the cover are concept models that aren't suppose to be in-game representations. They are the 3d equivalent of concept art. It's only a coincidence that the concept model looks like VC's police helicopter.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

Rockstar North (DMA Design) had nothing to do with Max Payne or any of the Max Payne series

They were involved in Max Payne 3 development ;)

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:43 AM

Rockstar North (DMA Design) had nothing to do with Max Payne or any of the Max Payne series

They were involved in Max Payne 3 development ;)

Exactly, they also used alot of GTA IV assets in the third game, like the Vapid Minivan, Niko's onyx suit, Gordon Sargent's Jacket, and much more.

xNCx
  • xNCx

VCMP beta tester

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

You are forgetting that MP1 and MP2 were developed by Remedy and MP3 by Rockstar.

http://en.wikipedia....e_Max_Payne_era

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users