Quantcast

» «
Photo

Your favourite GTA 'Clone'?

25 replies to this topic

Poll: Your Favourite GTA 'Clone'? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is your favourite GTA 'Clone'?

1. Saint's Row (5 votes [13.89%])

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

2. Mafia (16 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

3. Sleeping Dogs (4 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

4. Watchdogs (3 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

5. Driver (2 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

6. Assassin's Creed (1 votes [2.78%])

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

7. Other (Please State Below) (5 votes [13.89%])

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Benjamin Bob
  • Benjamin Bob

Bitch ass nigga

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

Okay, before we start, by using the term 'Clone'  I am not being arrogant, I am just using the term to denote another game in the genre. Anyway vote away and discuss below.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:27 PM

I vote saints row,even though i dont like the series anymore(3 and 4)but the first two games were a rip-off of GTA San Andreas especially 2 and i love that game even though it has that San Andreas's gang theme but after than the series went full on retarded and it just a new franchise that started in 2006(current gen)with 4 games compared to a Legendary and the King of the Genre,GTA with 15 games spanning 3 Generations(PS1,PS2,PS3,MS Dos,Xbox,Xbox 360)
by the way great topic,and you are not arrogant atleast the word was invented because of GTA's dominant of the genre...I either use openworld or GTA Clone aswell

Katve
  • Katve

Lost in Liberty City

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

Since when Assassins Creed is "GTA clone". Also Just Cause 2 should be on list in my opinion. Voted for "other" and my vote goes for Just Cause 2 which is great game and got huge map and even when it is mostly copy paste it is very beautiful game and fun to play.

Nudg3r
  • Nudg3r

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:41 PM Edited by Nudg3r, 26 December 2013 - 03:43 PM.

Voted for driver. Driver 3, to be specific, is even though the game is unfinished, the game's lol physics is what made me loved that game.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

Voted Mafia. Both Mafia and Mafia II were amazing games.

If I remember correctly, I got Mafia and GTA Vice City the same year in 2002 (?), and I actually thought (and still think) that Mafia is better in my honest opinion...

Mafia II is awesome too, but its GTA rival, GTA IV, is so much better in every possible way.

Other than that, I love Sleeping Dogs as well. It was much better than I expected it to be. The Driver series imo lost its way long ago, pretty much after the first or second games. And then finally, I'm really looking forward to Watch Dogs. Looks Ama-Zing!

Don't like any of the other "GTA clones" like True Crime, Saints Row etc...

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:35 PM Edited by GtaIvFanboy, 28 December 2013 - 05:45 PM.

1.Mafia 2 - Most underrated game This gen and a great game.

2.Sleeping Dogs - good game really  was better than I thought it would be it also runs mafia 2   close.

3. Saints row 1 - the Best Saints Row Game its actually quite the classic in my eyes Pretty good Storyline memorable Characters cool city made this by far the best gta Clone at the time of its Release.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:47 PM Edited by CantThinkOfOne2013, 26 December 2013 - 10:51 PM.

I was actally just about to make a thread like this, except I was going to call it 'What's your favorite open world game which isn't GTA'. By the way, I don't think that Mafia and Assassins Creed should be on this list, Mafia was never meant to be a full open world game series and Assassins Creed, that should be self explanatory.

Anyway, my vote goes to Saints Row, more specifically Saints Row 2. I never played the first Saints Row 2 as there is no PS3 version, but the second game, a game I got because of my disappointments with GTA IV, turned out to be my Game of the Year for 2008, it had excellent vehicle variety, excellent weapon variety, a good sized map with plenty of unique interiors, great customization and great mission variety. Sadly, thanks to the 'GTA Clone' term, the Saints Row series is not longer what it once was, it is a mess of a game which is going through an identity crisis.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:06 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 26 December 2013 - 11:08 PM.

I was actally just about to make a thread like this, except I was going to call it 'What's your favorite open world game which isn't GTA'. By the way, I don't think that Mafia and Assassins Creed should be on this list, Mafia was never meant to be a full open world game series and Assassins Creed, that should be self explanatory.
Anyway, my vote goes to Saints Row, more specifically Saints Row 2. I never played the first Saints Row 2 as there is no PS3 version, but the second game, a game I got because of my disappointments with GTA IV, turned out to be my Game of the Year for 2008, it had excellent vehicle variety, excellent weapon variety, a good sized map with plenty of unique interiors, great customization and great mission variety. Sadly, thanks to the 'GTA Clone' term, the Saints Row series is not longer what it once was, it is a mess of a game which is going through an identity crisis.

Lol "Identity Crisis",you are right but that term was invented about years ago by the media/Wikipedia,and yeah Saints row did really have an identity from the start,it rip-off San Andreas gang theme for the first two game but also wackiness,Then the 3rd went just full on retarded,the 4th was going to be an Expansion but become a game like Prototype/Crackdown with Aliens and Super-powers.
But imagine Volition given Rockstar the right to use the 3rd street saints and Steelport in the GTA Universe,i bet it would be a great gang game saints row never became.

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:16 AM

"Watch Dogs" and "Sleeping Dogs", also I have some hopes on upcoming "Sleeping Dogs II: Triad Wars".

Yea I'm interested in dogs! :lol:
  • Katve likes this

Benjamin Bob
  • Benjamin Bob

Bitch ass nigga

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:20 PM

"Watch Dogs" and "Sleeping Dogs", also I have some hopes on upcoming "Sleeping Dogs II: Triad Wars".

Yea I'm interested in dogs! :lol:

Haha

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:54 AM

Hum, LA Noire, True Crime?

Anyway:

1) LA Noire: Awesome game, just got it for Christmas. It's great to be someone else than a criminal in an open-world game. I also love how LA in the 40s is represented. And because I like (most) things about the 40s, I like its atmosphere. The only thing I hate about this game is the "Truth, doubt and lie" bullsh*t. Why doubt? It sometimes really isn't obvious, it can sometimes get frustrating. I also like the facial animations that makes every other game's facial anims look ugly.

-Grand Theft Auto IV.

-Every other GTA.

2) True Crime: New York: Never finished the story, but I loved the city. I always used the debug mode to fly around the city. The graphics are amazing for a map this size (Way larger than GTA V, GPS accurate Manhattan). And because I like New York, well, self-explanatory.

3) Driver: San Francisco: Even if it is a downgrade from the earlier Drivers, I didn't play any other ones. I love the city, it's very well done,very large and detailed. I just find it annoying not to be able to get out of cars. The story is strange, but not that bad.

I didn't play a lot of other GTA Clones.

BTW, if you call Assassin's Creed a GTA Clone, then Minecraft, The Elder Scrolls, World of Warcraft and all other open-worlds are GTA Clones.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:12 AM

Anyway:

1) LA Noire: Awesome game, just got it for Christmas. It's great to be someone else than a criminal in an open-world game. I also love how LA in the 40s is represented. And because I like (most) things about the 40s, I like its atmosphere. The only thing I hate about this game is the "Truth, doubt and lie" bullsh*t. Why doubt? It sometimes really isn't obvious, it can sometimes get frustrating. I also like the facial animations that makes every other game's facial anims look ugly.
-Grand Theft Auto IV.
-Every other GTA.
2) True Crime: New York: Never finished the story, but I loved the city. I always used the debug mode to fly around the city. The graphics are amazing for a map this size (Way larger than GTA V, GPS accurate Manhattan). And because I like New York, well, self-explanatory.
3) Driver: San Francisco: Even if it is a downgrade from the earlier Drivers, I didn't play any other ones. I love the city, it's very well done,very large and detailed. I just find it annoying not to be able to get out of cars. The story is strange, but not that bad.

BTW, if you call Assassin's Creed a GTA Clone, then Minecraft, The Elder Scrolls, World of Warcraft and all other open-worlds are GTA Clones.

According to the games classified under the term "GTA Clone" Assassins Creed was not listed because it doesnt have many GTA-openworld Elements and it more restrictive and Linear,i.e Saints Row is a GTA Clone and a stupid one indeed but you can drive car(talking about the first 2 games) and it not restrictive in not allowing kill NPCs like Assassins Creed,that why it didnt make the List.

Anyway:

-Grand Theft Auto IV.
-Every other GTA.

According to the games classified under the term "GTA Clone" Assassins Creed was not listed because it doesnt have many GTA-openworld Elements and it more restrictive and Linear,i.e Saints Row is a GTA Clone and a stupid one indeed but you can drive car(talking about the first 2 games) and it not restrictive in not allowing kill NPCs like Assassins Creed,that why it didnt make the List.but Watch Dog is a "GTA Clone"

Anyway:

-Grand Theft Auto IV.
-Every other GTA.

According to the games classified under the term "GTA Clone" Assassins Creed was not listed because it doesnt have many GTA-openworld Elements and it more restrictive and Linear,i.e Saints Row is a GTA Clone and a stupid one indeed but you can drive car(talking about the first 2 games) and it not restrictive in not allowing kill NPCs like Assassins Creed,that why it didnt make the List.but Watch Dog is a "GTA Clone"
@reply
sorry for the spamming comments,i am using my phone

BMW Sterling
  • BMW Sterling

(_o_Y_o_)

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

1. True Crime NYC ( FKING love that game despite the glitches )
2. Mafia 2 (Great story and graphics)
3. The Godfather 1 (hated 2 but 1 is a classic)
4. Driv3r
5. Just cause 2

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

Lana is love, Lana is life

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:32 PM

Just Cause 2

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

Mafia, although I wouldn't exactly call it a clone because it's made by R*'s sister company, 2K, and both of these are owned by Take 2 Interactive.

Ray
  • Ray

Tis The Season

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:21 AM

Driver: Parallel Lines was pretty damn good. The film director mode alone is enough to warrant a purchase.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

Guys, read the OP's first post.

Okay, before we start, by using the term 'Clone'  I am not being arrogant, I am just using the term to denote another game in the genre. Anyway vote away and discuss below.

So don't go bashing the guy for putting AC in the list. Just like GTA, AC is an open-world game. Sure, they are very different, but it's the same genre. With that said, I chose Watch Dogs. I haven't played it ( nobody did ), but if I want any open-world game to take over the throne, I want it to be Watch Dogs. Through I highly doubt it will be better than GTA 5, it will surely be a unique and fun experience.

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:26 AM

Just started Mafia II. Enjoying the hell out of it.. Digging it more than Watch Dogs.

Dap300
  • Dap300

GTA III, VC

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

Saints Row is not a GTA Clone since SR: TT

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

Of the list in the OP, the only one of those games I've played is Saint's Row 2, so my vote goes to that by default.

Saint's Row 2 is okay, but those stupid mini games it forces upon you are awful. I wish there was a cheat I could use to automatically fill the respect meter so I wouldn't have to waste my time with those horrendous mini games.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

Saints Row is not a GTA ClonEe since SR: TT

Exactly,it when retarded and became a Prototype Rip-off

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Soldier

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

What the.. How is Driver a GTA Clone? It was never and will never be. Driver 1 came out before GTA , Driver 2 didnt change anything from Driver 1 apart from the possibility to exit your car to switch cars which was pretty useless anyways as all missions were driving based. Yes, Driver 3 and Driver Parallel Lines did indeed get out of track by adding shootouts and stuff but it still was mainly driving and most missions were based on driving, and with Driver: San Francisco they're back on driving only track again, which im happy about. So stop calling the entier Driver series as a gta clone.

Anyways, mine is Mafia The City of lost heaven

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:35 AM

I votes "Sleeping Dogs". It was one of those very rare cases in open-world games where you don't think you're playing a GTA clone too often. Very good game in my book.

Phillipino0418
  • Phillipino0418

Simple Modders

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:57 AM

Assassin's Creed and Mafia series is like GTA Clone :D

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

SR 2. The only open world game to create genuine competition for GTA.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

What the.. How is Driver a GTA Clone? It was never and will never be. Driver 1 came out before GTA , Driver 2 didnt change anything from Driver 1 apart from the possibility to exit your car to switch cars which was pretty useless anyways as all missions were driving based. Yes, Driver 3 and Driver Parallel Lines did indeed get out of track by adding shootouts and stuff but it still was mainly driving and most missions were based on driving, and with Driver: San Francisco they're back on driving only track again, which im happy about. So stop calling the entier Driver series as a gta clone.

Anyways, mine is Mafia The City of lost heaven

Wait a Minute,did you just say Driver is older than the GTA series?

Original GTA=1997 (Beginning of a Legendary Series but with 2D Graphics)

Driver Series=1999.

So you comment is invalid,because GTA 3 came out in 2001,4 years after GTA 1 and 2 years after GTA 2 and it took the Fundamentals and foundations of it Predecessors but in 3D graphics thus Revolutionised(Re-inventing) and Popularising the Openworld/Sandbox Genre and also coining the term "GTA Clone".and by the way the Mafia series started in 2002 the same time period as the second 3D installment of the series,Vice City.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users