Photo

Trouble with Loading the game

16 replies to this topic
lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:46 AM Edited by lol232, 26 December 2013 - 11:47 AM.

I wrote down all of that right here:

http://support.rocks...equests/1596401

Now, I repeat, I only have trouble when I try to load it from the pause menu; not from the start up.

Can anyone help me sort that problem?

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

This is happening to a lot of players, on both consoles

The game will start fine, but if you try to load a save (or replay a mission) it will hang on the 2nd slide while loading.

There are number of threads concerning the issue in the troubleshooting section. It seems to be related to R*'s Christmas Gift... (Thanks R*, you Jingle Bell-ends)

There is a workaround, you need to disconnect your console from the internet, either disable it in the menu, or physically unplug the cable, then it should load fine.

This is a workaround, NOT a fix, as you need to be online to use some features of SP (most importantly, BAWSAQ).

• lol232, Tacymist and MetalMilitia89 like this

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

This is happening to a lot of players, on both consoles

The game will start fine, but if you try to load a save (or replay a mission) it will hang on the 2nd slide while loading.

There are number of threads concerning the issue in the troubleshooting section. It seems to be related to R*'s Christmas Gift... (Thanks R*, you Jingle Bell-ends)

There is a workaround, you need to disconnect your console from the internet, either disable it in the menu, or physically unplug the cable, then it should load fine.

This is a workaround, NOT a fix, as you need to be online to use some features of SP (most importantly, BAWSAQ).

I'll try that, thanks!

Luuk'
  • Luuk'

Sup

• Members
  • Nigeria

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

Hey thanks man.

I also had this issue, it was driving me crazy!

Thanks again! :D

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:53 PM Edited by Andreas, 26 December 2013 - 01:54 PM.

Hmm, the link doesn't seem to work...

Moved to Troubleshooting forum.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:13 PM Edited by fnxrak, 26 December 2013 - 02:16 PM.

Instead of disconecting from the internet just log-out of PSN it has the same effect and doesn't require to unplug the cable. The issue is definitely the hollyday gift. It's a complete shame that Rockstar hasn't explained it yet to the players at least saying they will fix this soon. On the PS3 it seems less problematic as you can load the game by restarting the entire game but that a bit of annoying.

A quick workaround would be reinstalling the previous update 1.07 but that would require them to admit they made a "big boo boo" and making it available. Once again R*, well done, you're really making the GTA V experience unique with all the bugs and glitches, some are kind of fun but others just makes me wanna throw my console from my window LOLOLOL.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

WHY on Earth does this sh*t happen after Rockstar implements something new?  I am not big into gaming, but does this sh*t happen with other games, made by Rockstar, or not?  Like wtf are they doing to f*ck sh*t up EVERY single time they do a Patch or this Christmas snow bullsh*t?

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:05 PM

Instead of disconecting from the internet just log-out of PSN it has the same effect and doesn't require to unplug the cable.

This is probably the best way round it. agreed. I have read elsewhere that players have signed out, started the game and the loading issue is fixed, but when they sign in again from the XMB while the game is running, the loading issue returns. 

Quitting the game and returning the the XMB on PS3 works, but does require that you quit while the loading arrow is spinning, I had concerns about corrupted save files, so far tho, they seem fine. 

There are quite a few threads on the R* support forum about the issue, (and a lot of swearing) but no news of a fix as of yet. They really need to pull their collective finger out and get it sorted.

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

WHY on Earth does this sh*t happen after Rockstar implements something new?  I am not big into gaming, but does this sh*t happen with other games, made by Rockstar, or not?  Like wtf are they doing to f*ck sh*t up EVERY single time they do a Patch or this Christmas snow bullsh*t?

Well, to put it mildly, some games even release DLC that is completely bugged and destroys the rest of the game (fallout 3 was the worst in memory). So this type of stuff is common.

Rockstar silent on the issue.

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:18 PM Edited by Distrom, 26 December 2013 - 09:21 PM.

Happens to me since yesterday.
It has to be the Christmas pack, hope R* is aware of the situation.

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:04 AM

Instead of disconecting from the internet just log-out of PSN it has the same effect and doesn't require to unplug the cable.

This is probably the best way round it. agreed. I have read elsewhere that players have signed out, started the game and the loading issue is fixed, but when they sign in again from the XMB while the game is running, the loading issue returns. 

Quitting the game and returning the the XMB on PS3 works, but does require that you quit while the loading arrow is spinning, I had concerns about corrupted save files, so far tho, they seem fine. 

There are quite a few threads on the R* support forum about the issue, (and a lot of swearing) but no news of a fix as of yet. They really need to pull their collective finger out and get it sorted.

Yea just making sure you're signed out of PSN before starting the game. I'd recommend to ppl to untick the box marked "sign in automatically". Unfortunately if you're taking pix in-game (which forces you to sign in) then you're screwed. IMO, they should've allowed these pix we take to be saved to our consoles instead of forcing us to upload to SC as the only means of retaining them!

My saves werent corrupted either. As I said in another topic on this, maybe this issue will be resolved when the DLC goes away Jan 5, assuming R* doesnt address it directly.

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:26 AM

Both consoles have enough room to make local storage of pics a better idea, agreed.

Although, taking snapmatic pics is one thing, using BAWSAQ to make the most of your hard earned cash at the end of the game is another, both require online access...

maybe this issue will be resolved when the DLC goes away Jan 5, assuming R* doesnt address it directly.

I seriously hope it happens sooner.

platasnatch
  • platasnatch

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:22 AM

i thought it had something to do with me wanting to load my save on top of the FIB building. i'm still not able to fall to the floor underneath the roof, and it's not like i can load my save to give it another go. it hangs on the screen w/trevor sitting on the 4-wheeler holding the sniper rifle. the music cuts out after a bit, and the HDD/wifi lights go out on my ps3 too.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:25 AM

Thanks R*, you Jingle Bell-ends

Bahaha

Anyway thanks for the workaround, that'll help muchos.

xGR8BRWNSHARKx
  • xGR8BRWNSHARKx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:50 AM

I've got the same problem. I will try to disable the internet. Thanks everyone

jackrobot
  • jackrobot

Old Geezer

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

I think this "Gift" has also started to effect missions (for me a least). I'm going for 100% gold on all missions and got as far as "The Paleto Score" without any problems, then after the so called "Gift" was downloaded I did the "Derailed" mission and got all the 100% requirements but one of them was unchecked at the end of the mission giving me a silver. I thought it was probably a bug with that particular mission and followed the advice given here http://gtaforums.com...litched-for-me/ which fixed the problem.

So I then did the "Monkey Business" mission (not signed in to psn) and the same thing happened again (know I got the requirements but not registering) so I deleted the 1.08 patch and re did the mission and got gold. I then reinstalled the patch so that Social club would update my progress and then tried the "Grass Roots" mission for Trevor and low and behold, same sh*t again, so once again, remove patch, replay mission, get gold, you know the routine by now.

This could be a non related problem but it only started happening after this lovely "Gift" ;)

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:40 AM

Is it me or the problem was resolved???

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users