Photo

Will You Guys buy the DLC or Pass?

125 replies to this topic
Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:08 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 26 December 2013 - 07:12 PM.

What's the rumored DLC?

Probably, past the free DLC`s they announced already - from which only Heists and BAWSAQ are left, all the next ones will be paid and/or microtransactions too, like car packs, or similar. Example: Muscle special: Rat Loader, Hotknife, plus 2 new ones - only for 4.99, or Flecktarn camo pants - only 1.99.

I would venture and guess that future DLC`s will be like this Beach Bum: a handful of useless missions, one more part of the content creator, some passable to sh*t haircuts and some ugly as sin clothes - probably priced at around 10 - 15 euro, as this is becoming the norm - regardless of content, you pay for the name now.

http://www.rockstarg...uto-online.html

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

Paradise can be stored, upgraded, and can hold 2 people in the back with ARs or MGs.  It is the ONLY van in the game that can do this, so look past the wacky paintjobs, it's actually extremely useful.

Bifta is also the best off-road vehicle in the game :p

Any van with back doors can hold people back there. Did it in my gang burrito & weed van while i had them. At the end of the day its still a POS van.

The Bifta may be the fastest off-road vehicle, but certainly not the best.

I took the beach bum as a slap in the face from R* as did many others. I can see how anybody in their right mind would pay more then $5 for something comparable to the beach bum pack.

I have no doubt that in time R* will release good DLC for this, but its going to take time. So many bugs, glitches, hacks etc to patch up as well as work on new content.

kyleconway
  • kyleconway

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

bawsaq is a dream from the past. there is way too much money being circulated for that to ever work. i would buy some dlc though. cars, mods,weapons,etc. shark cards are selling. dont think, for one second, that was a failure. rockstar just made some serious cash between yesterday, today and tomorrow even, from the influx of new players and mommys credit card.

~Joseph~
  • ~Joseph~

TRUMP 2016

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

Rockstar isn't getting my money until they fix their sh*t.

• mad_dog_robinson likes this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

im not buying anything for GTA:O lol

jeremy34567
  • jeremy34567

Night Owl

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

hopefully they add a classic dlc like vice city with old cars, old clothes/hairstyles and old musics all from the 80's and maybe instead of lamar picking you up it is jonnny vincetti picking you up in vice city 

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

Paradise can be stored, upgraded, and can hold 2 people in the back with ARs or MGs.  It is the ONLY van in the game that can do this, so look past the wacky paintjobs, it's actually extremely useful.

Any van with back doors can hold people back there. Did it in my gang burrito & weed van while i had them. At the end of the day its still a POS van.

The Bifta may be the fastest off-road vehicle, but certainly not the best.

I took the beach bum as a slap in the face from R* as did many others. I can see how anybody in their right mind would pay more then $5 for something comparable to the beach bum pack.

I have no doubt that in time R* will release good DLC for this, but its going to take time. So many bugs, glitches, hacks etc to patch up as well as work on new content.

Paradise is the only one that can be stored, and upgraded normally.

Great crew vehicle.

People also whore the Bifta in off-road races because it's the best.

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

As long as it's not some generic zombie/alien DLC then why not?

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

I don't know how people aren't really happy with Beach Bum when I first heard of it and saw the "next week" announcement for it I pretty much knew from then on that most of the things added were just going to be there for novelty value (ie the bottle/certain cars) but I mean for just a free addon it's pretty good I actually use the SNS pistol quite a bit and still wear some of the clothes.  Plus the bifta is awesome and I own a paradise as well because I mean it has a f*cking octopus on it.

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

I'd jump at the chance to get interested in SP again, so when that hits, yes. GTAO is more iffy. It would have to be something significant that literally adds to the game, like a new area. I'm not too excited for North Yankton as some seem to be, though. I'd prefer San Fierro or Los Venturas, and I'd be ok with Vice City or Liberty City. Those would be major undertakings, though.

Anything similar to Beach Bum, no way. Although I do approve of the Bifta.

I'm fairly certain that R* has said they have plans for paid dlc for both SP and GTAO. My understanding is that there will be free dlc splattered here and there, and then a major paid DLC, then more free splattering.

Wouldn't it be funny if R* put a price-tag on heists when they finally get around to releasing them? Oh, Lordy.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

Paradise is the only one that can be stored, and upgraded normally.

Great crew vehicle.

People also whore the Bifta in off-road races because it's the best.

Yes im aware its the only storable & upgradeable van. Its still a slow ass POS van. Sorry but i prefer to have vehicles i would actually own, & serve a purpose for me. I have zero use for it which is why i dislike it. All my opinion & preference. Im glad you use & enjoy it.

Bifta will obviously be the most commonly used vehicle for off-road races. Its the fastest. Still, does not mean that its the best off-road vehicle, just a wise choice for races.

Im talking off-road as in climbing/mudding/rock crawling/exploring in as much of a realistic manner as possible. Not flying up the side of a mountain in a buggy at 100+ MPH.

My point still stands that useless crappy DLC like the beach bum should be free & only charge real $ for true game changing DLC such as other maps, mini-games & genuinely useful or unique vehicles/weapons. The good stuff. Unfortunately, it likely wont work out that way.

dewtech
  • dewtech

Tied down with battleship chains

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

More than likely yeah, but it does depend what you get. I do still really enjoy the game, issues aside.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

I don't know how people aren't really happy with Beach Bum when I first heard of it and saw the "next week" announcement for it I pretty much knew from then on that most of the things added were just going to be there for novelty value (ie the bottle/certain cars) but I mean for just a free addon it's pretty good I actually use the SNS pistol quite a bit and still wear some of the clothes.  Plus the bifta is awesome and I own a paradise as well because I mean it has a f*cking octopus on it.

Cause people like to bitch, even if it's about free sh*t.

jeremy34567
  • jeremy34567

Night Owl

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:54 AM

i feel that rockstar usually makes good paying dlc like the tbogt that changed gta 4 online for the better

tyranatopherrex
  • tyranatopherrex

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:57 AM

yeah as long as the DLC is not total sh*t, ill buy them or a season pass :)

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:18 AM

I'm pretty much gonna buy every DLC these motherf*ckers release, especially if they don't penalize me for the billions I've been given and innocently spent the day 1st day I was gifted.
If I get to keep everything I have....I'm buying all Rockstar DLC , sh*t I might buy some of the real GTA V merchandise. Hahahah
I shoulda bought my girl the CHOP stuffed dog. Hahahaha

bloodshed344
  • bloodshed344

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:39 AM

Bifta is ok i suppose. Nothing really special though. Paradise is a gigantic POS which fits well with the rest of the garbage the beach bum gave us.

If future DLC is comparable to the beach bum, it better all be free cuz that stuff isnt worth anything IMO.

Sorry you feel the beach bum was ok due to getting a dune buggy.

The Youga can as well and has some awesome upgrades like roof extension, metal window panels, and a roll cage (but that stops people from sitting in the back)

They need to implement van races!

JOEsAGGRESSIVE
  • JOEsAGGRESSIVE

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:17 AM Edited by return-to-innocence, 27 December 2013 - 09:14 AM.

let me break it down for ya... In February walking dead comes back on. And C* is still mad they missed out on the zombie bandwagon with GTA IV. They will not miss the boat this time, guaranteed. I know alot of people are sick of zombies but the bottom line is zombies are extremely profitable now more than ever.

That being said I'd just like that to be a SP DLC and not online. And get something like extra garages and more weapons for online(not including heists because that's supposed to be free).

I'll buy it I don't care what's included.

wow. I agree with you....

jeremy34567
  • jeremy34567

Night Owl

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:42 AM

I will not spend one extra penny on this game. Wanted to, but circumstances that involve certain pigs removing a certain car from my garage opened my eyes. I WILL buy the next DLC for BF4, though, since I got China Rising bundled with my bought copy.

dawson-in-da%20club.gif

I'll definitely be buying any DLC, as Rockstar has not released any crappy DLC for any of their games so far.

I am not lying though. Want a PM with the link to my Battlefield 4 soldier and/or friend request on PS3 to see what I am playing for the last 2 weeks and/or what I am playing in general? It is well known that they removed my Rat Loader from my garage, so I don`t think I will need to present proof for that.

[EDIT] And to give a bit of detail: Yes, to me, removing a perfectly legit asset from your game, with a shady explanation at best, is a big no-no and opens a whole lot of abuse towards the customer. I am the customer and I don`t want to play just so I`ll end up with something else removed. While it is their property, it is my time. I will not support a company that takes my stuff away from me. I DO have spare money and I WILL spend them - just not in this game. I`d rather spend them in EA`s game. No, I don`t love EA too much, but they didn`t take anything from me yet. Originally I intended to play this game for a long time and buy their DLC`s. Thankfully, they opened my eyes before I spent any more money on this train wreck of inconsideration and callousness towards the customer. I also have 2 other games for PC (ARMA 3 and newly launched DayZ Standalone), so it is up to Rockstar to keep me as a customer, not up to me to cry at their door, since options will always exist.

valid point if you want to add me n have bf4 for ps3 or ps4 ( yes i have both n my username is the same ) then PM me

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:44 AM

It will depend on what the DLC has to offer, I enjoy the game so i am hoping it either opens up city in some way or expands the map it some way

anybodykilla
  • anybodykilla

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:48 AM Edited by anybodykilla, 27 December 2013 - 09:48 AM.

if the dlc was as good as the lost and damned....

then I would get it, man now THAT story was Oscar worthy,

but gay tony aced in terms of online extras.....

but mp upgrades should be free so no one is left behind,

since they have cash cards, they are working on fixing the money issues at this very moment

jeremy34567
  • jeremy34567

Night Owl

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

It will depend on what the DLC has to offer, I enjoy the game so i am hoping it either opens up city in some way or expands the map it some way

aren't those options the same thing - " opens up the city or expands the map"

either way you are expanding the map by opening up the city or vice versus

GREAT MINDf*ck HUH 

jeremy34567
  • jeremy34567

Night Owl

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

Bifta is ok i suppose. Nothing really special though. Paradise is a gigantic POS which fits well with the rest of the garbage the beach bum gave us.

If future DLC is comparable to the beach bum, it better all be free cuz that stuff isnt worth anything IMO.

Sorry you feel the beach bum was ok due to getting a dune buggy.

The Youga can as well and has some awesome upgrades like roof extension, metal window panels, and a roll cage (but that stops people from sitting in the back)

They need to implement van races!

yeah and cop races 

jeremy34567
  • jeremy34567

Night Owl

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

As long as it's not some generic zombie/alien DLC then why not?

we wouldn't want it to be like sr4

mad_dog_robinson
  • mad_dog_robinson

Hell Fury Owner

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:33 AM

just no..

jeremy34567
  • jeremy34567

Night Owl

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:30 AM

I'm pretty much gonna buy every DLC these motherf*ckers release, especially if they don't penalize me for the billions I've been given and innocently spent the day 1st day I was gifted.
If I get to keep everything I have....I'm buying all Rockstar DLC , sh*t I might buy some of the real GTA V merchandise. Hahahah
I shoulda bought my girl the CHOP stuffed dog. Hahahaha

i doubt that they will just forget about the stuff you done just because you have bought one of their dlc's

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:32 AM Edited by SaturdayNight, 29 December 2013 - 05:32 AM.

I'd pay 10 dollars just for the hunter and Hydra.. DLC in this game will be milked bu it will be worth it.. Most of the time.. Or some of the time but as long as I get my hydra and hunter all is well. 

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:48 AM

Things I will pay money for:

Good single player content
Amazing Online content (I'm talking missions that don't feel like they were created in a BETA creator)

More chopper styled motorcycles or mods for them
Better leather jackets and biker gear
Denim jackets for men
Gloves
Ski masks
face bandanas

but the clothing items would have to be REALLY cheap for me to buy.  Like a buck or two cheap.

jeremy34567
  • jeremy34567

Night Owl

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:04 AM

Things I will pay money for:

Good single player content
Amazing Online content (I'm talking missions that don't feel like they were created in a BETA creator)

More chopper styled motorcycles or mods for them
Better leather jackets and biker gear
Denim jackets for men
Gloves
Ski masks
face bandanas

but the clothing items would have to be REALLY cheap for me to buy.  Like a buck or two cheap.

seems like you want to be a badass on a motorcycle 

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

I'm on fence. It really depends on the dlc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users