Will You Guys buy the DLC or Pass?

125 replies to this topic
Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

Megidoloan for everyone!

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

Bifta is ok i suppose. Nothing really special though. Paradise is a gigantic POS which fits well with the rest of the garbage the beach bum gave us.

If future DLC is comparable to the beach bum, it better all be free cuz that stuff isnt worth anything IMO.

Sorry you feel the beach bum was ok due to getting a dune buggy.

Paradise can be stored, upgraded, and can hold 2 people in the back with ARs or MGs.  It is the ONLY van in the game that can do this, so look past the wacky paintjobs, it's actually extremely useful.

Bifta is also the best off-road vehicle in the game :p

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:06 PM Edited by poklane, 26 December 2013 - 03:09 PM.

Depends on the price and what I get for that price. But I definitely wont pay a single cent on things similar to the Beach Bum DLC, Capture DLC, Content Creator or Snapmatic upgrades. I also wouldn't pay for clothing DLC unless it's a sh*t ton of clothing for a very small price.

If they would announce a Season Pass, they would have to tell me exactly what I'm getting with it and how much the discount is versus buying it all separately, and they should include something small like some clothing option to Season Pass owners if there's going to be one.

• Shadowlarvitar likes this

Shadowlarvitar
  • Shadowlarvitar

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

Depends on the price and what I get for that price. But I definitely wont pay a single cent on things similar to the Beach Bum DLC, Capture DLC, Content Creator or Snapmatic upgrades. I also wouldn't pay for clothing DLC unless it's a sh*t ton of clothing for a very small price.

If they would announce a Season Pass, they would have to tell me exactly what I'm getting with it and how much the discount is versus buying it all separately, and they should include something small like some clothing option to Season Pass owners if there's going to be one.

Pretty much have the same reasoning as you. The only thing from Beach Bum I use is the Paradise since I love it. Capture feels like a waste of time which would have been awful if it was free and I have absolutely no interest in creating non-missions. I barely use my camera so Snapmatic would be useless.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:16 PM Edited by poklane, 26 December 2013 - 03:21 PM.

Wait... there's DLC announced that will be priced? I thought everything was gonna be free, like it has been thus far.

Yes, there'll be mayor Single Player DLC in 2014 (probably paid), and they'll have mayor GTA Online DLC, also paid. No window for the paid Online DLC yet.

In order to keep GTA Online flexible and constantly evolving, the game is built to receive new content in a variety of ways including major paid expansions at specific points across the year, dropping additional content via regular title updates, and even the instant and seamless addition of jobs via the Rockstar Social Club.

http://www.rockstarg...-available.html

My guess would be this would be new locations (Liberty City). I can't really think of anything different that's worth paying good money for. Maybe they'll do things like Car and Weapon packs?

Expect big things in both Grand Theft Auto Online and Grand Theft Auto V next year including:...

...GTAV Story Mode Updates. For those ready to jump back into the story of Grand Theft Auto V, we have big plans for substantial additions in 2014 continuing Michael, Franklin and Trevor's action, mayhem and unexpected adventures in Southern San Andreas.
  • Odesza likes this

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

Will You Guys buy the DLC or Pass?

Would you buy a random DLC or Pass without even know what it is?

Mac4167
  • Mac4167

Carolina Born and Bread

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

I will be purchasing all DLC content on the day it's released

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

Also, I probably wouldn't buy a North Yankton DLC, since that's already in the game basically.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

BUFFALOVE

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

I will be purchasing all DLC content on the day it's released

^ This.

I enjoyed the single player game immensely and I'm enjoying the multiplayer game even more despite all the f*ckery that's going in at the moment. I even liked the Beach Bum pack because it tripled the number of bikinis, LOL. I've gotten my money's worth out of the game (and an additional several billion to boot). I would have no problem paying for additional content.

I would have expected paid DLC at some point even if R*'s Shark Cards had actually taken off. I'd be surprised if they didn't charge for some of the bigger DLC now that hackers/modders have effectively nerfed said Shark Cards...

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

Only thing I'd be willing to pay for is an entirely new city/portion of map. Maybe new cars depending on what they are - certainly not the free cars we've been given so far.

Shadow_Belt
  • Shadow_Belt

That wizard came from the Moon

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

I will pay only for Story DLC. Enought said

BienQueLEnfer
  • BienQueLEnfer

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

Im not buying sh*t else until everything is fixed online
  • Silver_Paladin likes this

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

Wait... there's DLC announced that will be priced? I thought everything was gonna be free, like it has been thus far.

No where did Rockstar ever say that ALL DLC would be free?!! I'm not sure why anyone would ever think that could be the case.

They release DLC to generate more revenue after the disc sales start to decline.
  • poklane likes this

WallaWalla
  • WallaWalla

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

I think all multiplayer DLC will be free, so it won't matter.  If they do charge for multiplayer DLC, I'm not getting it unless they fix the zillions of issues with the game.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

No where did Rockstar ever say that ALL DLC would be free?!! I'm not sure why anyone would ever think that could be the case.

They release DLC to generate more revenue after the disc sales start to decline.

True. DLC is also there to support servers, support etc.

KiTTYReCkless
  • KiTTYReCkless

That Freak U Luv 2 Hate!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:41 PM

No. Maybe two weeks ago I would have happily said yes, even after they stole more than half the cars from both of my garages.

Not anymore. Their stupid programers and brain dead customer service agents have gone to far with punishing the  innocent with the CP bullsh*t.

R*  ruined what was left of my joy this holiday and for that I can not forgive them.

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

would not spend another dime on this game while modders jump 200 levels in free roam while in godmode.

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

I'll buy it I don't care what's included.

What she said!

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

I think all multiplayer DLC will be free, so it won't matter.  If they do charge for multiplayer DLC, I'm not getting it unless they fix the zillions of issues with the game.

Where are you guys getting this silly idea that all DLC will be free?

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:05 PM Edited by M210F, 26 December 2013 - 06:06 PM.

It depends. What I think would be ideal would be if they made it for next-gen with fixes- better mission payouts, glitches fixed, heists, content creator, etc etc along with better vehicle variety and amounts (ex., more than 3-4 different cars on the road at a time and more cars in parking garages) and at least 30 people per server would be phenomenal, ESPECIALLY if they do something to fix match-making.

If they can fix all the current issues, particularly match-making, then I would be fine with the next-gen being a more-or-less clean slate, so long as they start us out with say 400,000 to spend on guns, cars and apartments, and then I think that people would buy DLC.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

only dlc that offers new areas...

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

Most likely. I probably won't be buying anything that is competitive only. Like game modes for competitive only or anything like that.

bikerman3
  • bikerman3

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

if its not zombies i will 

sirrap21
  • sirrap21

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

Depends....

This is the growing trend in video gaming today. Its how EA makes a bundle on the sims 3. If its a fair price for a decent amount of content then yeah.

ElementL09
  • ElementL09

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

Rockstar released a great game, even though there are issues with multiplayer, I would still gladly purchase dlc.  Also free DLC like the Beach Bum Pack is great.

cunningstunt
  • cunningstunt

take it easy

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

I will without a doubt

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

I'm trading this game in. There's a pretty good chance that I won't buy any DLC for this sh*t game.

• PandaLambpaws likes this

Silver_Paladin
  • Silver_Paladin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:47 PM Edited by Silver_Paladin, 26 December 2013 - 06:48 PM.

Im not buying sh*t else until everything is fixed online

this. how can they keep releasing stuff like everything is ok? there's BIG problems happening right now you know.

these guys at at R* have no priorities at all it seems. i though they were aiming to milk cash cards but they let the hackers/modders/glitchers run rampant making everyone millionaire for weeks

• M210F likes this

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

I might buy single player dlc if they add some.  Multiplayer no way I have to play invite only to enjoy myself anymore with all the stupid hacking that's going on.  I predict this games online to be dead by Januarys end unless they somehow mange to fix all the rp glitches god mode and billion dollar bounties. 

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

The beach bum pack was crappy though biohazard.

Disagree.

Bifta and Paradise.

That is all.

You changed your avatar! Good girl. -pat-

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

What's the rumored DLC?

1 user(s) are reading this topic