Photo

Walking Dead Season 2

159 replies to this topic
Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:29 AM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 09 March 2014 - 06:57 AM.

What is everyone's opinion on the new game by TellTale - Walking Dead Season 2?

I honestly think it's amazing, I love it. Revisiting Clementine, and her memories from Walking Dead Season 1. I can't be left to feel so badly for her though, young and stuck in a world where you can't look up to anyone. And in Season 1, Lee was that someone.

JPtfVt0.png

For anyone that has played the game, I think this song will bring a bit of joy. It's amazing.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:06 AM Edited by Majestic81, 26 December 2013 - 05:12 AM.

Its pretty good, but im not enjoying playing as a little girl. not as much as i enjoyed playing as lee (a male adult), or the character in the wolf among us. i also didnt like the new characters they introduced at all, hope some characters from the 400 days dlc show up soon.

And didnt like 

Spoiler

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:16 AM

I'm old fashioned so I'm waiting for the full season to be released on disc before I play it. Same with The Wolf Among Us and every other Telltale series. I also haven't played 400 Days yet because I'm waiting for TWD GOTY edition to arrive at my local store...

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:22 AM

Just got Ep 1 of season 1 for free in the Xbox Live sale, been playing it for an hour and a half and I like it a lot, probably get to this one sooner or later.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:56 AM Edited by Freakorama, 26 December 2013 - 10:56 AM.

Its pretty good, but im not enjoying playing as a little girl. not as much as i enjoyed playing as lee (a male adult), or the character in the wolf among us.

I guess you'd rather be playing Call of Duty or somethin' eh?

Playing as Clementine was and is awesome.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:58 AM

Its pretty good, but im not enjoying playing as a little girl. not as much as i enjoyed playing as lee (a male adult), or the character in the wolf among us.

I don't know, it took away the great feeling you had in Season 1, where you had to look out for someone and felt responsible for Clementine, you were like her guardian and it made it easier to immerse yourself into Lee.

Also with Telltales just delaying everything by 5 months whenever they want to, I doubt you'll be able to get the disc-set until 2020.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:58 AM

Why? there's a big f*cking difference in playing as an adult and playing as a minor. just because i dont wanna play as a 10yo girl doesnt mean i like to play CoD. playing as Clementine is fine, not awesome, maybe it is for you, but i'd rather play as an adult.

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

Why? there's a big f*cking difference in playing as an adult and playing as a minor. just because i dont wanna play as a 10yo girl doesnt mean i like to play CoD. playing as Clementine is fine, not awesome, maybe it is for you, but i'd rather play as an adult.

I hear where you're coming from. Some of the cutscenes where Clementine fights off adult zombies, it makes me think, would a little girl really be able to fight off an adult zombie?

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:17 PM Edited by Freakorama, 26 December 2013 - 04:18 PM.

I don't know, it took away the great feeling you had in Season 1, where you had to look out for someone and felt responsible for Clementine, you were like her guardian and it made it easier to immerse yourself into Lee.

That theme was done and wrapped up in the first season. They gotta change it up the theme for the 2nd season.

I don't know many other post apocalyptic things where you play as a young girl. It's interesting and new and I like it.

I don't really care to play as a burly tough guy again like 90% of modern games.

• Stormingz likes this

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:35 PM

I did the mistake of playing the episode one already, not I can't wait for the next one.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:56 PM

I did the mistake of playing the episode one already, not I can't wait for the next one.

Yeah, but it sort of feels like this episode is shorter than what I'm used to for a TT game, I mean the first episode of TWAU was much longer than this, though I suppose it had to develop the story a little further than TWD S2, but it's still not an excuse for how depressingly short this was.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:40 PM Edited by AceKingston, 28 December 2013 - 01:52 PM.

I find Telltale overrated too but calling it's games an interactive movie is kinda stupid IMO. True, their games might be a bit more story-focused but that hardly makes it an interactive movie.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

The Walking Dead pretty much is an interactive movie, but man is it amazing to play.

It's not a detriment term for this game in my book.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:35 PM Edited by Werebot85, 28 December 2013 - 09:19 PM.

TWD is an interactive drama focusing heavily on its dramatic, emotional storytelling while gameplay takes a slight backseat.

It does feel more or less like interactive episodes of a tv series because of the fact that all of the action in the game is heavily scripted. Like for instance, you can't run away from zombies in real time and you are being told to smash a couple of buttons to get away from them etc. But IMO there's more than enough gameplay involved and therefore is not entirely an interactive movie/tv series or whatever, although I'm sure it was intended to feel that way...

Even one of the writers of the first season said that it felt more like an interactive tv show, but that there is a nice balance between the drama/storytelling and gamelay/interactivity, and I'll agree with that. Perfect mix of both which is why TWD and other Telltale games are so awesome!

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

How is pressing button x or button y considered gameplay ? Please explain this phenomenon to me because I don't get it .

There's more to the game than just pressing a button. You have to roam around and find stuff and the decisions you make in every scenario results in a different outcome. While the game isn't open world based like GTA, it's far from an interactive movie.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

I can't believe that you've never even heard of the point and click genre before, that's almost as crazy as calling the game an "interactive movie".

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Hungry like the wolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:30 PM

That theme was done and wrapped up in the first season. They gotta change it up the theme for the 2nd season.
I don't know many other post apocalyptic things where you play as a young girl. It's interesting and new and I like it.
I don't really care to play as a burly tough guy again like 90% of modern games.

*cough* The Last of Us *cough*

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

Yes because it's not like you play as a helpless fourteen-year-old girl turned born-survivor for a substantial part of the game or anything....

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

Uhm, what? Have they even released epi 2 of "The Wolf Among Us" yet?
I didn't know WD2 was out.
On XBLA?

I need to get this but am disappointed in TTG for making TWAU free so early.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:10 AM Edited by Freakorama, 29 December 2013 - 12:13 AM.

*cough* The Last of Us *cough*

Uh... in about 20% of the game you play as a little girl.
Plus the DLC is all about playing as Ellie.

Well that fell over for you, dinn'it?

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:19 AM

I picked up season 2 of WD during the Steam sale, it was at $18, I think. Picked up 400 Days as well.

I've yet to finish season 1, despite having it for a few months now. I'm just done the second episode of season 1 and will continue on when I have the time to.

Probably better this way because by the time I work my way through season 1, more episodes for 2 will hopefully be up.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:43 AM Edited by DarthShinobi, 04 January 2014 - 02:44 AM.

Spoiler

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:23 AM

Spoiler

Believe it or not

Spoiler

sakurablossom
  • sakurablossom

Professional Badass

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:34 AM

I can't play it until it comes out for console because I played the first season with someone and now it's kind of a thing we do together. It's tearing me apart I want to play it now!! The Walking Dead Season Two is actually probably the only game that would be able to tear me apart from my precious GTA V.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:48 AM

I can't play it until it comes out for console because I played the first season with someone and now it's kind of a thing we do together. It's tearing me apart I want to play it now!! The Walking Dead Season Two is actually probably the only game that would be able to tear me apart from my precious GTA V.

It's out on consoles, my version is on the Xbox 360. It is not out on handheld yet.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

Spoiler

Believe it or not

Spoiler

I'm hoping that

Spoiler

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

Spoiler

Believe it or not

Spoiler

I'm hoping that

Spoiler

Spoiler

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

Spoiler

Believe it or not
Spoiler

I'm hoping that
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

Trailer for episode 2:

It'll probably be released next week.

DestructoBoi420_2.0
  • DestructoBoi420_2.0

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:28 AM Edited by DestructoBoi420_2.0, 01 March 2014 - 04:45 AM.

Tuesday, March, 4th Confirmed! :D

EDIT: Only for PS3 and PC, it'll probably be released for 360 on the 5th.

Spoiler

Just a heads up, the Community Lead for Telltale games recommended playing 400 Days before playing Episode 2 of Season 2. http://gamesided.com...-date-revealed/

Also I gotta throw this out there, this "game" is amazing. The gameplay may not be ground breaking, but the story sure is. If you dislike it because of the gameplay then you must be either a monkey or mentally ill, though I think even a monkey would appreciate this game. :pp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users