so is rockstar gonna be able to do anything now

107 replies to this topic
tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

The best thing to do would be to scrap the game entirely because obviously it isn't working for them lol. 20 new bugs with every patch i tell ya. 

• NukedPratorian likes this

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

member QotD

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:49 PM

they only thing that needs to really be fixed is the god mode.

who really cares if everyone is rank 120+ and has millions?

I mean I dont care because it doesnt really effect me. I am all for more people using mini gun in missions cause most people suck hard at least I wont be finishing missions solo after the other guys waste the lives. as far as having nice cars and the upgrades again who really cares? does someone elses car effect you in any way? dont like it in racing turn off custom cars?

before I got a bounty for 2 billion I legit had more then enough money to buy a tank after I hit 70 and so did anyone else farming coveted so the point that omg everyone in tanks is bad.... point mute.

most people besides casuals were past rank 70 anyway and casuals will never be on par with the diehards so they will always be behind a reset wont fix that.. 

exactly

ASimplisticGamer
  • ASimplisticGamer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:56 PM

I mean I dont care because it doesnt really effect me. I am all for more people using mini gun in missions cause most people suck hard at least I wont be finishing missions solo after the other guys waste the lives. as far as having nice cars and the upgrades again who really cares? does someone elses car effect you in any way? dont like it in racing turn off custom cars?

before I got a bounty for 2 billion I legit had more then enough money to buy a tank after I hit 70 and so did anyone else farming coveted so the point that omg everyone in tanks is bad.... point mute.

most people besides casuals were past rank 70 anyway and casuals will never be on par with the diehards so they will always be behind a reset wont fix that.. 

exactly

Why would you agree with this?

The reason they even allowed the ranks to go up to 1000 was to make sure that the game was going to last for the years to come because obviously they will have a long while before gta 6.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

If you have a problem with a reset, you are probably one of those people that got teh glitched money or use god mode.

Fix the problem, and make it to where everyone starts at 500,000 or something.

or someone with a LOT of playtime. i have over 31 days or approx 650 hours. i would be extremely pissed if R^ reset my account.

• Hermitor likes this

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:22 PM

I'd seriously be fine if they just restart online with everybody starting from zero.

Without first fixing the problems this would only hurt the legits because hackers and glitchers would just use the exploits again.  They need to fix the problem and patch the exploits first before doing anything else.

• Hermitor likes this

hallobree
  • hallobree

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:27 PM

and you people really think that everyone will restart the whole grind up to lets say lvl 80 legitimate without any supercar or anything? The irony!

• Hermitor likes this

DopeSack
  • DopeSack

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

resetting everyone before the exploiting/hacking problems are fixed correctly would be a completely retarded move so you know there is a 80-90% chance this might happen

• NukedPratorian, Wheeling and Dealing and Hermitor like this

Hermitor
  • Hermitor

IRL Pro Driver

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:34 PM Edited by Hermitor, 26 December 2013 - 02:37 PM.

Online is a mess. We all know that.
Everyone (except me) has millions of dollars. Theres kids doing the god mode thing everywhere.

You think rockstar can do anything about this or is this beyond repair. I'd seriously be fine if they just restart online with everybody starting from zero.

I agree is broken... Sounds like the best solution, other than the real life cash I've spent on this game... You'd think there would be LOGS out there somewhere on a server though...

The biggest problem is the damn tanks everywhere... can't complete tasks, I spend the whole game running back n forth to mors mutual... Or I can buy a buzzard with my cash... But I have battlefield 3 if I want tanks and buzzards.. This is grand theft Auto,lol

Edit: sort of guessing, but it seems the people with tanks had more respect for personal vehicles before the hack gifting started... Why I thought it was relevant.

Mustard Tigers Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

They won't take away money, they already admitted they actually can't do it.

Source ?

ofcourse they can, its their own game, they can do so you drunk in a cave somewhere..  and... those who gets into cheater pool, they start with 0 money.  lol.

R* have already stated over and over they cannot remove the GIFTED money. They can reset you to zero or leave you with what you have. Given the state of the game I believe that.

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

f*cking noobs.
For the last time.
THERE IS NO IN-GAME MARKET. PEOPLE WITH GROSS AMOUNTS OF MONEY CANNOT AFFECT YOUR GAME PLAY! SOMEBODY AT A LOW LEVEL STILL ONLY HAS ACCESS TO LEVEL LOCKED GUNS! 
The game doesn't need a mass reset.
I play invite only anyway, to avoid noobs and griefers. Too many people think they are cool when they pull out a tank, but really we all know they are lame at the game and that's why they resort to a tank. 
I was against 5 people once, because I'm English and they were American and I was insulting them lol. I still didn't use my tank against them and I gave them a good fight too. I was surprised at this. Please, it doesn't matter if someone has bags of money, it does matter if there was an ingame market or even a functioning stock market.

Tassimo
  • Tassimo

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:12 PM

Source ?

ofcourse they can, its their own game, they can do so you drunk in a cave somewhere..  and... those who gets into cheater pool, they start with 0 money.  lol.

R* have already stated over and over they cannot remove the GIFTED money. They can reset you to zero or leave you with what you have. Given the state of the game I believe that.

they can if they want, but it will take to long to remove everybodys gifted money.. easier to say that they cant.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:15 PM

f*cking noobs.
For the last time.
THERE IS NO IN-GAME MARKET. PEOPLE WITH GROSS AMOUNTS OF MONEY CANNOT AFFECT YOUR GAME PLAY! SOMEBODY AT A LOW LEVEL STILL ONLY HAS ACCESS TO LEVEL LOCKED GUNS! 
The game doesn't need a mass reset.

The only noob here is you.

As if mass amounts of cash is not affecting my game. 

Funny....  I have to keep shutting off my XBOX to avoid getting stupid bank account money dumps.  Money dumps and insane bountys are the norm.  

Every f*ckin noob in the land is rolling around in tanks and adders with billons and free roam is totally f*ckin' ruined. 

Did R* want everyone to have billions... NoOOooo.  So a mass reset would work.

All you noobs would stop playing..

KiTTYReCkless
  • KiTTYReCkless

Haxor turned R* informant

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

Actually they can. R* can do whatever they want. It's their game. You basically agree to their terms by playing it and with the way things have been going lately, I would not be surprised if they go ahead and screw everyone. Tbh I hope they do. They already ruined the game for me.

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

member QotD

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:29 PM

exactly

Why would you agree with this?

The reason they even allowed the ranks to go up to 1000 was to make sure that the game was going to last for the years to come because obviously they will have a long while before gta 6.

I agree with this because I don't see glitched money as a problem. I have reached rank 120 and have all the weapons and mods. I'm still  enjoying the game at the moment but can guarantee I won't be seriously playing a year from now and will only occasionally boot it up like Red Dead or Skyrim. Having my maxed character means that any time the mood strikes me a year or two from now I can play the game and have fun. I don't have to spend years leveling a character (or grinding for cash) like it's a second f*cking job, like some MMO.

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

No, the ONLY answer to save this game is no killing in free roam.  There is plenty of pvp missions/deathmatches, so killing in free roam isn't needed.  Rockstar needs to add more things to do in free roam, and then make it a co-op world with no killing.  Other games have done it this way and it works.  

For the people that want free mode pvp, Rockstar could add a deathmatch called "freemode".  This mode could be set up for 1 hour or more.  That mode would give people the free mode pvp that they want, but would actually be a lobby/grouping option.  

A co-op world would be awesome, especially if they added dynamic events that pull everyone together.  I have a previous post you can read if you want to see my ideas for a co-op world.  It's the only thing that will save this game now.  The free roam pvp is killing all of the other aspects of this game, because nobody will play anything other than free roam/tanks.  The content creator, deathmatches, races, capture, survival,....it's hard as hell to get anyone to play these games, especially in free aim lobbies, because of pvp free roam.

gogglesshreds
  • gogglesshreds

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

I'm constantly changing rooms, sometimes I find a legit one. Every now and then I enter a room get handed millions then try to find a good lobby. I've been online since day one almost, been on quite a grind for rp, never glitched rp. I'm all for a bank reset but if I get reverted back to level 1, I'm done. I am a fan of online dont do me wrong. Damn these guys with god mode.

Was given 100 mill. while typing.

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

They won't reset everyone to zero because people have already paid real cash for Shark cards.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

BUFFALOVE

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

...who really cares if everyone is rank 120+ and has millions?

It destroys the entire premise of the online game. The notion of starting off as a scrub and rising through the ranks alongside other criminals, stat-wise and money wise, is what pulled me away from the single-player game. I grinded like a mofo for 3 months and had the time of my virtual life. I still remember 0112 S Rockford Dr, APT 13 fondly and I only recently the car I started with, the Ubermacht Oracle, even though I've had much better car since. Getting gifted billions robs n00bs of one helluva a experience and they'll never even know it.

• Mart1001 likes this

liquidussnake119
  • liquidussnake119

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

There should be no restrictions to weapons and vehicles/mods based on rank in free roam.  It should be based entirely on the money you have.

You should be awarded weapons to START with in deathmatch, capture, LTS and survival based on rank ups.  You should be awarded the use of your custom vehicles or mods in races only through races won.  

Basing the entire profit model on cash cards was a stupid idea.  I'm supposed to believe that maintaining GTA Online is much more difficult than GTA IV, when the only difference is that you can access game modes through free mode.

All the problems of GTAIV are still here, except that we have a free mode that is better than single player, but everything is locked and will remain locked unless you have basically no life or cheat.

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

member QotD

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:15 PM Edited by sportbikepilot369, 26 December 2013 - 04:15 PM.

...who really cares if everyone is rank 120+ and has millions?

It destroys the entire premise of the online game. The notion of starting off as a scrub and rising through the ranks alongside other criminals, stat-wise and money wise, is what pulled me away from the single-player game. I grinded like a mofo for 3 months and had the time of my virtual life. I still remember 0112 S Rockford Dr, APT 13 fondly and I only recently the car I started with, the Ubermacht Oracle, even though I've had much better car since. Getting gifted billions robs n00bs of one helluva a experience and they'll never even know it.

In. Your. Opinion. Don't tell me how to enjoy the game. You enjoy your grind, I'll enjoy my instant fortune.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:37 PM Edited by Vooodu, 26 December 2013 - 04:38 PM.

I hope R* resets everyone and sends everyone complaining about it to my house.

I got a free cup of STFU juice and some knuckle sandwiches for everyone to snack on..

MUhaaaa.

• thehomelessclown1 likes this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

BUFFALOVE

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

In. Your. Opinion. Don't tell me how to enjoy the game. You enjoy your grind, I'll enjoy my instant fortune.

Fair enough.

thehomelessclown1
  • thehomelessclown1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

I got a free cup of STFU juice and some knuckle sandwiches for everyone to snack on..

MUhaaaa.

LOL, I agree except let those with shark cards keep their money they paid for.  Its real simple if you are against a reset you must not care for the overall gaming experience for the majority of honest players for the long run. I understand no wants to grind but I'll gladly give up my 156 lvls in order to stop all this hoopla. if you don't like the reset go play a different game because I want an honest a worth while gaming experience, without god-mode and tons of modded money.

• Mart1001 likes this

THEFAM_MCMJ
  • THEFAM_MCMJ

YOG

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:19 PM

You'd be fine with a reset. Many of us wouldn't.

Somebody should do poll (if not already) with this question..

I do not support a reset. I'd quit all together if so. A reset won't do sh*t anyway. Hackers will just do the same sh*t all over again. Unless R* figures out how to keep hacking to a minimum, online will always be under siege

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

They need to shut it down and fix it. Re-work how their servers or whatever work. Look at games like Halo, CoD, BF, ect. They seem to have it down pat with few if any cheating/hacking. It can't be that hard to do.

iOwlex
  • iOwlex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

why you all mad and scared from restart?

i have two high level character and i don't have problem to start again because its really easy to level up. 

• Mart1001 likes this

Beach Bum Bandit
  • Beach Bum Bandit

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

MUhaaaa.

LOL, I agree except let those with shark cards keep their money they paid for.  Its real simple if you are against a reset you must not care for the overall gaming experience for the majority of honest players for the long run. I understand no wants to grind but I'll gladly give up my 156 lvls in order to stop all this hoopla. if you don't like the reset go play a different game because I want an honest a worth while gaming experience, without god-mode and tons of modded money.

How about you reset yourself and join an invite only session? Problem solved. Stop forcing your views on other people. 

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

The best thing to do would be to scrap the game entirely because obviously it isn't working for them lol. 20 new bugs with every patch i tell ya. 

Sad but true no point to a reset without fixing the hacking or you solve nothing.  I say scrap it or shut it down for 2-3 months and bebugg the crap out of it.  In the state its in now in a month 9/10 people playing will be cheaters since they are driving everyone off. 

• thehomelessclown1 likes this

Mars A7X
  • Mars A7X

Rocker

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:23 PM

Just get rid of the tanks and patch the god mode mod, that's all they have to do really.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

with all the RP stuff out now, resetting wouldn't do anything but reset race wins for those with access to google lol. I mean all you have to do is change the network settings FFS!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users