Quantcast

» «
Photo

Hackers ruining GTAV the same way they did IV.

139 replies to this topic
zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:25 AM Edited by Andreas, 27 December 2013 - 05:36 PM. Removed quote-train.

So what you're saying is that Command and Conquer isn't a game because it's not exactly the same as Call of Duty (i.e. that things have to be synonymous with each other in order to be considered part of the same category)?  I see why you're having trouble understanding my argument.  Anyway, we're derailing the thread a bit.

Seriously, are you mental?
Command and Conquer and Call of Duty are both games (like cars and planes are transport) but they are different, one is FPS and the other one is strategy
Hacks and Mods are both Modifications of game files/code, Hacks are just for having advantage of players online, Mods are modifications to make the game better or worse for your own experience
  • TheMasterfocker likes this

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:15 PM Edited by SoftTouch, 27 December 2013 - 12:17 PM.

The problem is that R* made game files too open. The handling, data, timecyc files can be edited by just opening a folder. Hackers didn't take long to start ruining the game.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:21 PM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 27 December 2013 - 12:22 PM.

Hackers ruin EVERY game that lots of people play. It's a way of proving just how freaking awesome they are to people. How awesomely alone they are. 

Hackers ruin every game that they feel they have a chance of getting attention in, because no one cares about them in real life. 

What I'm basically saying is that hackers are massive losers, so they have to cheat to win. 

• SmoothGetaway likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Hearts are power. Nothingness is eternal!

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:23 PM Edited by Andreas, 27 December 2013 - 05:38 PM. Removed quote-trains.

TBH, I don't believe you and 73duster are on the same wavelength.  Because based on their post, I suspect 73duster is a console gamer and has yet to play a single player PC title. So there's a good chance they didn't play Skyrim.  Which means they most likely have absolutely no f*cking clue of what mods like USKP and other unofficial game patches did for the TES fan base and game overall. :lol:

Since Skyrim came out 2 years ago, I'm now convinced that the modding community SAVED Beth's ass in so many ways I've completely lost count.  The amount of glitched code the Beth devs left in the vanilla game broke a lot of improtant side quests.  And if it hadn't been for the modding community, Skyrim would've never made its $650+ million sales record----for a single player and not online game. It beat the crap out of BF3 in sales running backwards.  On it's pinkies. :lol:

Anyhow, you forgot Frostfall, Water is Wet, Private Needs, Advanced Prostitution, Bathing Beauties Lounge Suite, IMCN, Real Wildlife Skyrim, Civil War Overhaul, Tundra Defense, Better Horses, Winter is Coming/Cloaks of Skyrim, Immersive Patrols & Armor.  And a ton of other FREE, SUPERIOR fan boy created content in the form of entire new maps, quests, weapons and armor just to name a few of these at Nexus :lol:

I didn't forget them; I just felt like I got my point across with the mods I did list. And thank Christ for the unofficial patches.

So what you're saying is that Command and Conquer isn't a game because it's not exactly the same as Call of Duty (i.e. that things have to be synonymous with each other in order to be considered part of the same category)?  I see why you're having trouble understanding my argument.  Anyway, we're derailing the thread a bit.

Seriously, are you mental?
Command and Conquer and Call of Duty are both games (like cars and planes are transport) but they are different, one is FPS and the other one is strategy
Hacks and Mods are both Modifications of game files/code, Hacks are just for having advantage of players online, Mods are modifications to make the game better or worse for your own experience

Exactly this  :cookie:

The problem is that R* made game files too open. The handling, data, timecyc files can be edited by just opening a folder. Hackers didn't take long to start ruining the game.

And this too.

Oh, and your avatar is amazing.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:32 PM Edited by SmoothGTA, 27 December 2013 - 05:33 PM.

I love how many people are totally missing the point. Yeah, some of you nerds have good guy/bad guy definitions for modding/cheating/jacking off etc.

Good for you.

The OP was pretty clearly talking about online and stuff like the SMG rocket launcher. Which I agree is terrible and needs to be fixed.

But no. Idiots have to come into the thread with 'Hur dur, modding isn't hacking'...no one gives a sh*t if you put a purple dildo in the SP game. People DON'T like not being able to enjoy the game as it was intended.

If I was enjoying a meal at a restaurant and some random came over and added something to my plate I didn't want, they'd have hospital bills.

Why people are acting dumb on this issue I don't understand.
  • 73duster likes this

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:34 PM

At SOME point, all of the back and forth about defending the righteous nature of modders, is going to take a back seat to the real issue here. This game is becoming a mess, and attacking people for having the audacity to not get their definition of modding "correct", really isn't the main point. I STILL haven't seen ONE person here give an example of how anyone has IMPROVED GTAV ONLINE for ANYONE.

Furthermore, you all seem to share one thing in common, you don't have ANY consideration for people who never asked for your interference in their gaming experience. I'm clearly speaking about ONLINE, as I have been from the start. It's ALSO pretty obvious this conversation is about CONSOLES, since GTAV isn't on PC.

I got my definition of Modding from Wikipedia, but instead of saying "Well, Wikipedia IS considered a pretty respected official form of definition today, so I could understand how people would take Wikipedia's definition over some anonymous dude on a forum", you attack someone for not knowing YOUR definition of the word.

For arguments sake, I will CONCEDE that modders and Hackers are NOT the same.

NOW what do you have to contribute to the topic?

• SmoothGetaway likes this

True [[ GTA ]]
  • True [[ GTA ]]

Quechus13, Goin-God,SlimShadIII and GTAdedan << LEGENDS

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

Well as you can see I have been a member of GTA Forums for quite some time and always been a legit player through GTA V. I scraped together a living in the game doing missions paying like $2500 just to buy a Dominator or a Gauntlet and look like the richest player ever. That was on October 1st. Now the people who have just got the game for christmas and are Level 3/4 are multi-billionaires with the best $400,000 apartment, like 6 adders, 3 Z-Types and a Stinger GT. There is no need for it seriosuly. I was AFK on a game of GTA FM whilst I was eating and I came back to text messages saying:

Such and such has gave you $2,097,054,667.

Now I have approximately $750,000 in the bank because I already had a LEGIT $250,000 plus the $500,000 off of R*. I have some nice cars a legit Adder and some Comets and Suranno etc. But now I have all this in cash. Not to mention the tanks. I really hope R* fixes it but I am putting very little hope in this as it is more of a crushed dream. £50 for 1 month of Gameplay as I was most excited for MP even though I completed the SP in 2 days. 1 month is all I got out of that game and now Hackers or modders orwhatever you want to call them are ruining the game. GTFO R*

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:38 PM

Thanks SmoothGTA, you nailed it. Some people don't care about the main point someone tries to make, but simply want to commandeer the topic and turn it into their OWN.

ThatGr
  • ThatGr

Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:42 PM

I thought GTA IV hackers were fun, spawning me cool cars when the games began to get boring.

GTA V hackers gave me money, in GTA IV you didn't need to grind for money but now you do, so thanks hackers.

Perfect Blade xD
  • Perfect Blade xD

I WANT ALL GTA V VERSIONS. :O

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:07 PM

My friend got banned for using dns server. First time i was to become modder, but no. I will play gta v LEGIT!

HARDSTYLE83
  • HARDSTYLE83

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

My friend got banned for using dns server. First time i was to become modder, but no. I will play gta v LEGIT!

if u use DNS server u are neither HAcker nor Modder, ur just using what other have created

Dns server aint modding

i dont care about money or anything like that, i just get annoyed when b**tchs come in god mode

"your friend" lolol

rzurita01
  • rzurita01

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:07 PM Edited by rzurita01, 27 December 2013 - 07:07 PM.

I played 4 different sessions yesterday, each with players setting $958458587 bounties, a guy who couldn't be killed despite killing everyone, and another guy giving every player on the server just under 1 billion. Been playing since online released and this was my first time experiencing it. 

you can kill them....run them over with a tank or malee with a bat

Wiggly11
  • Wiggly11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:46 PM Edited by Wiggly11, 27 December 2013 - 07:48 PM.

The only reason it has gotten this bad is because modding is way to easy now. I came across this vid that's showing people how to do it. It's way to easy to mod this day in age :( rip gta

seventonblade
  • seventonblade

A Demon In A Jar

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:07 PM Edited by seventonblade, 27 December 2013 - 11:14 PM.

lmafao i love modding this game. level 1000 with over 40 billion.

I got no problem with people cheating to get themselves ahead of the game, even if in this particular game it is the same as advertising how badly you suck at it but ruining other peoples games is not right and IMO those hackers deserve a kick in the face or three.

Like a soccer ball kick.

Some people simply just don't want to have spend hour after hour of their life grinding for virtual money and such; I know I hate grinding a lot, so if and when the PC version comes out, and I have any interest in Online, I'm not going to grind my way to that much money or that high of a level, that way, I can just get right to enjoying the game for what it is, rather than having the constant urge to get more money to pay for needing to do just that, considering I'm also rather perfectionistic.  All the money I'll keep to myself, and if I ever set bounties, the set payout won't ever go over $9999.  However, if anti-self-hacking efforts by Rockstar make it too risky to do what I want to do, then I'll just ignore the Online and stick to the singleplayer, and I'm perfectly okay with that (well, mostly).  Saying it's always because they suck sounds like a hasty generalization more than anything; impatient maybe, but rarely due to lack of skill.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

Ready my post a few up from yours and 73_Duster's response.

I thought it was obvious in the OP. But I guess not...

GRANITE_GUNS
  • GRANITE_GUNS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

I've just found out that the core problem is that GTA Online is infested with f*cking teenagers. I don't think hackers would be that much of a problem if they didn't had these mentally-ill packed hordes caring about them.

Sorry if anyone feels offended. Teenagers really suck and I can't help myself to hate them when they use goddamn speakers and I hear dat f*cking baby voice ruining my cool online session. So much hate.

To be fair although it's rated 18 just like most games, adults should be over games anyway. You don't see them continuing playing Cluedo or Monopoly or whatever the f*ck us 'baby voice teenagers' probably play. It should be a phase and I know I won't be playing games when I'm at 20, probably even 18 because I would have better things to do with my life than hang around with people younger than me.

You may want to print out what you just said and pin it to your wall, to look at in years to come, when your playing GTAVII or Battlefield-6. xD

• SmoothGetaway and seventonblade like this

mad_dog_robinson
  • mad_dog_robinson

Hell Fury Owner

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

modders are evil ? ya ok tell that to the creator of brutal doom ...

xXxTerrorist
  • xXxTerrorist

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

I thought GTA IV hackers were fun, spawning me cool cars when the games began to get boring.

GTA V hackers gave me money, in GTA IV you didn't need to grind for money but now you do, so thanks hackers.

It is good to see so many different opinions on here.

Like mine about you being a f*ckwit.

Paaldanzen Danzma
  • Paaldanzen Danzma

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

lol almost every topic ends up like this, haha

Prywante
  • Prywante

:)

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

The only reason it has gotten this bad is because modding is way to easy now. I came across this vid that's showing people how to do it. It's way to easy to mod this day in age :( rip gta

Cool

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users