Quantcast

» «
Photo

Hackers ruining GTAV the same way they did IV.

139 replies to this topic
73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:54 PM Edited by 73duster, 25 December 2013 - 09:56 PM.

For all the complaints about the online portion of this game, the worst issue BY FAR is the hackers.

Almost every lobby has a hacker, and even those who don't hack are running around asking if anyone can give them a couple of million bucks. I'm always being pestered by other players to let them duplicate vehicles.

Nobody wants to do anything that doesn't involve a high RP gain either. Rockstar is TRYING to keep these douchebags from ruining the game, but all I hear are people bitching about everything they do. I said it before, and i'll say it again, hackers, modders, or whatever the F*CK they want to call themselves, are the REAL problem.

Mark my words, GTAV is going to become just as bad as GTAIV was online. I GUARANTEE you will see at least several douchebags chime in to lecture everyone about how modders are great, and make your game experience better. They will also try to tell you how hackers and modders are NOT the same.

• SmoothGetaway, Loxley, Distrom and 4 others like this

Il_Tifossi
  • Il_Tifossi

bad motherf*cker

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

I've just found out that the core problem is that GTA Online is infested with f*cking teenagers. I don't think hackers would be that much of a problem if they didn't had these mentally-ill packed hordes caring about them.

Sorry if anyone feels offended. Teenagers really suck and I can't help myself to hate them when they use goddamn speakers and I hear dat f*cking baby voice ruining my cool online session. So much hate.

• Big Danny K, Little Red Nurgling, Alan0x1 and 10 others like this

kianokk
  • kianokk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:02 PM

I agree.

I was enjoying playing missions and earning my cash until two nights ago when someone gave me $94 mil.

Ok I could waste time blowing cash but I can't be ar$ed.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:15 PM

I dont do jobs because no one is ever on them.

kianokk
  • kianokk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:18 PM

I dont do jobs because no one is ever on them.

Can't say I see the same.

Whether anyone playing the mission actually contribute though is a seperate matter!

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:19 PM Edited by Andreas, 25 December 2013 - 11:21 PM.

I GUARANTEE you will see at least several douchebags chime in to lecture everyone about how modders are great, and make your game experience better. They will also try to tell you how hackers and modders are NOT the same.

Hackers and modders are in fact not the same, though. Both are modifying game files, but there is a minor difference; modders are trying to give you a better game experience with their mods, whereas hackers are mostly doing the exact opposite. Though, that's a thing that might varies from platform to platform. On PC, for instance, it isn't really a problem if the player is using graphic mods as they do not alter the gameplay in any way. Anything that alters the gameplay can and should be counted as an unfair advantage over other players, which is turn is cheating, thus it's not allowed in multiplayer. I wouldn't classify modders and hackers/cheaters as the one and same group as it's just not fair, in my opinion.
  • P2FX, SilverRST and Timely like this

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

I quit making the mistake of joining jobs because the douche bags who start them always end up abandoning them.  Same goes for survival missions.

Now I only do these if I host them and end up doing them solo.  Which sucks because you can't do the 2+ man missions unless someone else joins.

R* really shot themselves in the foot with how they've failed to handle the hackers and cheaters in GTAO

• epoxi likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

Literally.

And they're kind fun to f*ck with, too.

I came across this dude with GodMode a few hours ago.

He was in the middle of the street shooting rockets at everyone. I kept going back and forth, running him over at 100+ Mph every time. And he just kept missing and missing. He kept yelling and raging. It was kinda funny.

A few other players eventually joined in on trolling him. He placed million dollar bounties on us but we didn't kill eachother, we just kept annoying him. Felt like world peace.

But still, he was an asshole, he deserved to be treated like an asshole, and he deserved to be laughed at by a bunch of assholes.

• SmoothGetaway, Officer Ronson, Andreas and 7 others like this

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

I agree.

I was enjoying playing missions and earning my cash until two nights ago when someone gave me $94 mil.

Ok I could waste time blowing cash but I can't be ar$ed.

Cover your ass and report them both on the console and by email to R* support.  Upload a screen shot of your bank account transaction log and picture of their gamer tag.

I also wouldn't bank/deposit the $94 million into your checking account until R* support closes your ticket. You technically aren't responsible for the cash until you deposit it into your bank account, so just keep the excess money on hand until R* says otherwise.

It's a pain in the ass, but if you didn't deposit the money, then you're going to have to keep track of how much you legitimately earned from missions/races etc and make frequent deposits from the free cash on hand into your account.  That way if R* decides to zero the millions in cash you've got on hand, only this balance will be affected and not the money deposited in your checking account.

• Gunslinger_GK likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:32 PM

OP You're my hero

• Niobium likes this

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:32 PM

I GUARANTEE you will see at least several douchebags chime in to lecture everyone about how modders are great, and make your game experience better. They will also try to tell you how hackers and modders are NOT the same.

Hackers and modders are in fact not the same, though. Both are modifying game files, but there is a minor difference; modders are trying to give you a better game experience with their mods, whereas hackers are mostly doing the exact opposite. Though, that's a thing that might varies from platform to platform. On PC, for instance, it isn't really a problem if the player is using graphic mods as they do not alter the gameplay in any way. Anything that alters the gameplay can and should be counted as an unfair advantage over other players, which is turn is cheating, thus it's not allowed in multiplayer. I wouldn't classify modders and hackers/cheaters as the one and same group as it's just not fair, in my opinion.

To be honest, the line between modding and hacking is quite thin. Modding indeed is modifying the game files, but usually, to hack in a game, you need to modify the game files. 1+1=2?

• SmoothGetaway and Loxley like this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:36 PM

OP You're my hero

I love you too, buddy!

Merry Christmas!

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:38 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 25 December 2013 - 11:38 PM.

I was telling myself this surge in hacker/griefer infestation was because of the Christmas holiday and the existence of n00bs being griefer magnets for the next 24 hours.  But now I'm starting to think this sort of behavior is going to be around for the long run. In which case, it's the beginning of the end for GTAO.

I ran into 2 god mode hackers all in the same session. One of them was wearing a dunce cap.  I guess I didn't realize R* let the bad sports keep their dunce hats as souveniers.  Anyhow, the 2 of them were wrecking havoc in FM and ruining the game for everybody else in the session.  I quit with about half the server when one of them finally rolled out a tank.  

I swear to god that R* deliberately stacked the odds in the favor of the griefers, cheaters and hackers playing this game.  Because to date, none of their updates have been serious in checking or addressing these idiot's behaviors. 

* They basically made tanks invincible so you can't defend yourself against them

* If you happen to be minding your own business when a tank blows up YOUR vehicle for no f*cking reason, then YOU are responsible for paying the deductible to MMI to replace it???

* hackers and griefers are now running amok on the servers and f*cking up the game economy for good

Thank you R* for creating a half ass designed online game, failing to control the griefers and hackers, and then basically abandoning the players who want to play clean by turning out the lights and going home. :miranda:

• Niobium likes this

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:38 PM Edited by Nathaaann, 25 December 2013 - 11:38 PM.

I've just found out that the core problem is that GTA Online is infested with f*cking teenagers. I don't think hackers would be that much of a problem if they didn't had these mentally-ill packed hordes caring about them.

Sorry if anyone feels offended. Teenagers really suck and I can't help myself to hate them when they use goddamn speakers and I hear dat f*cking baby voice ruining my cool online session. So much hate.

To be fair although it's rated 18 just like most games, adults should be over games anyway. You don't see them continuing playing Cluedo or Monopoly or whatever the f*ck us 'baby voice teenagers' probably play. It should be a phase and I know I won't be playing games when I'm at 20, probably even 18 because I would have better things to do with my life than hang around with people younger than me.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:41 PM Edited by IDredMan, 25 December 2013 - 11:43 PM.

Literally.

He was in the middle of the street shooting rockets at everyone. I kept going back and forth, running him over at 100+ Mph every time. And he just kept missing and missing. He kept yelling and raging. It was kinda funny.

A few other players eventually joined in on trolling him. He placed million dollar bounties on us but we didn't kill eachother, we just kept annoying him. Felt like world peace.

But still, he was an asshole, he deserved to be treated like an asshole, and he deserved to be laughed at by a bunch of assholes.

My thread was magically fused into this thread.

I'd like to thank the Sky-Jesus-Person who did that, who wants a positive thread about a fun and memorable experience with hackers? Just plop it with the hate filled one. Merry Christmas!

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

To be fair although it's rated 18 just like most games, adults should be over games anyway. You don't see them continuing playing Cluedo or Monopoly or whatever the f*ck us 'baby voice teenagers' probably play. It should be a phase and I know I won't be playing games when I'm at 20, probably even 18 because I would have better things to do with my life than hang around with people younger than me.

That's pretty bold statement to make, especially since a lot of members in this forum are above 18 years old, and do play GTA: Online.

• SmoothGetaway, Loxley and PkUnzipper like this

qfs
  • qfs

Quffy

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

Yes you will be better with the game of life. Gl.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Smartass

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

A hacker gave me 99 million. I thank that guy because now I don't have to worry about money and I had a blast today playing freeroam and going stickybombcarkamikaze on some tank griefers (I failed, tho. But had fun nonetheless).

Tbh, I think the whole money system should be removed and make things unlockable for free once you hit certain level.

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:45 PM Edited by BBQ RIBS, 25 December 2013 - 11:46 PM.

I can't find a public free roam without at least two lvl 450+.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:48 PM

To be honest, the line between modding and hacking is quite thin. Modding indeed is modifying the game files, but usually, to hack in a game, you need to modify the game files. 1+1=2?

the way I see it

modders wear a "white hat".  They modify the game files in a way which overall benefit the gaming community. Perfect example: some 40,000+ mods to date on Steam Workshop and Nexus for Skyrim

hackers wear a "black hat".  They modify the game files in a way which negatively impacts the gaming community and usually in ways which are advantageous/benefit only them. Perfect examples: god mode/invincibility hacks, storing illegal vehicles like tanks in your safe house garage which can f*ck up your console etc.

• Andreas likes this

Blackous666
  • Blackous666

CoD HATER

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:51 PM

actually... i have finally THE ANRACHY FEELING from IV.. that is the thing i missed.. now i have tanks.. airplanes... choppers :) that is the good thing about that MOD ;) bad thing is..that alot of those morons are invincible ...

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

I played 4 different sessions yesterday, each with players setting $958458587 bounties, a guy who couldn't be killed despite killing everyone, and another guy giving every player on the server just under 1 billion. Been playing since online released and this was my first time experiencing it. 

qfs
  • qfs

Quffy

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

But this feels so great, not great because gta v is invaded by hackers, but because console players said a lot we pc gamers are a bunch of modders and hackers that ruin online games with hacks and mods. See.. they are still beta-testing. (at least is one way to think for making me feel good with the wait :)

• PkUnzipper likes this

Istoned
  • Istoned

I give the best gifts.

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:38 AM

Literally.

So cool.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:43 AM Edited by 73duster, 26 December 2013 - 12:46 AM.

As I predicted, several people have stepped in to claim Modders are only improving the game experience for everyone. I have NEVER seen one time where I felt any modder improved my experience. This is an incredibly insulting and arrogant assumption. Nobody ASKED you to modify my game experience, but these turds just don't give a damn. They feel ENTITLED to do whatever they please, and then come here to lecture everyone and even insinuate that the rest of us should feel GRATITUDE.

What about folks who simply want to enjoy the experience the way the developer INTENDED?

You aren't going to convince me that modders are any better than hackers. This is something only people in the "mod community" come up with to justify their arrogant belief that they have a god given RIGHT to modify someone elses work.

Keep promoting that B.S., while watching how almost EVERY game eventually drowns in this problem. GTAV continues to deteriorate daily, and these same idiots will keep coming here acting as if they aren't part of the problem.

• SmoothGetaway, Loxley, Sens420 and 1 other like this

Scheintot887
  • Scheintot887

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:01 AM Edited by Scheintot887, 26 December 2013 - 01:23 AM.

Guys, pls READ this FIRST.

Modders are NOT even possible at PS3 or XBOX360 (or next Gen Con). Modders need MODTOOLS from the Devs. Rockstar can give the Community Mod Tools and Modders can create a Mod. This Mod is called "first Person GTA" (or whatever) and then you can download this mod from net. Completly legally. If you want to play online, you need to find a server who supports the Mod. In the most games.

HACKERS are NOT the same as modders because they are NOT working with Mod tools (Mod Tools are not available for consoles, just for PC). They are cracking the ingamefiles illegally and in the 90% of all cases they try to destroy the gameplay of other players.

Since DLCs (biggest bullsh*t in gamerhistory) Mod Tools are not a self-evident because Mod Tools would allow to build own Maps, own units, own weapons and a lot of more things. A new game experience. But like I say: since DLCs a lot of Devs say "we really want Mod tools but no, we dont release it" (because they are f*cking bitches and they want you to buy 4 retro maps, just imported in 4 seconds).

And thats the reason why you DON'T have to MISTAKE Hackers and Modders. Modders are sarcrificing a lot of time for the Community, Hackers a lot to destroy it.

And 73Duster, guess you're not older then 12. (sry, im getting angry if I read this)

"You aren't going to convince me that modders are any better than hackers. This is something only people in the "mod community" come up with to justify their arrogant belief that they have a god given RIGHT to modify someone elses work."

You dont even know what modders are. Otherwhise you would know that Modders are working with Mod tools from the DEVS. PLS inform yourself before your talking such a bullsh*t.

I can understand that you're angry because of hackers but don't hate modders. Even if Hackers say they are Modders, they are NOT and because GTA 5 isn't released on PC you can't mean PC. So, they CANT be Modders. Hope you understand that point!

So, even if he says "im a modder, I try to improve your gameplay" he lies. Because without officialy modtools he doesn't have the right to do this.

And, just for you again: Mod Tools are not given at consoles.

Mods are downloadable content. After that you need to install the Mod and start the mod via mod exe. on PC. So, its 100% voluntary.

• Niobium likes this

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:24 AM Edited by DrDetroit, 26 December 2013 - 01:44 AM.

As I predicted, several people have stepped in to claim Modders are only improving the game experience for everyone. I have NEVER seen one time where I felt any modder improved my experience. This is an incredibly insulting and arrogant assumption. Nobody ASKED you to modify my game experience, but these turds just don't give a damn. They feel ENTITLED to do whatever they please, and then come here to lecture everyone and even insinuate that the rest of us should feel GRATITUDE.

What about folks who simply want to enjoy the experience the way the developer INTENDED?

You aren't going to convince me that modders are any better than hackers. This is something only people in the "mod community" come up with to justify their arrogant belief that they have a god given RIGHT to modify someone elses work.

Keep promoting that B.S., while watching how almost EVERY game eventually drowns in this problem. GTAV continues to deteriorate daily, and these same idiots will keep coming here acting as if they aren't part of the problem.

I agree with you up until this point, but I think you are referring to online/MP game play exclusively.  In which case, I do agree with you, but not from a SP standpoint.

My PC GTAIV is modded up beyond recognition with first person mod, LCPDFR police mod, cops cars, civi cars, ELS, my handling dat files are to the point where all the cars drive and handle as they should, and I installed business mods, better weapon mods, ENBs, on and on, and that game is the sh*t and as perfect as any game can get.  BUT, I do not play online with GTAIV...V is my first online experience.

So my point being, modders (PC) are not the bad guys as they polish the game up for us (for free) AND add new and ingenious content but do not inhibit the game play of others, but hackers with ill intent and unfair advantage with online game play are the problem, a big one from what I've seen with V.  

Just my .02 cents worth.

Merry Christmas everybody!

DrDetroit

• DJPFC likes this

Scheintot887
  • Scheintot887

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:29 AM

Merry Christmas Detroit! ;)

DeadZed
  • DeadZed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:40 AM

I don't have GTA V but judging by these comments, I think Rockstar should have stayed SP only.

• Little Red Nurgling, Mega, AndrewDeSanta and 1 other like this

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:48 AM Edited by DrDetroit, 26 December 2013 - 01:50 AM.

I don't have GTA V but judging by these comments, I think Rockstar should have stayed SP only.

Well, online is addictive but I think R* should have made it more like SP game play, with a flow, a loose story line maybe (it currently has one, but could have been much better), with more missions and scenarios/campaigns to do co-op wise or even team v team campaigns.  Seems to me there is no flow to the online game at all, just random missions that come out of nowhere.  

I'm new to the online world, always been a SP player, exclusive to PC gaming until GTAV, so I'm no expert.  Just seems things can be done differently and with a more interesting context and game flow.

DrDetroit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users