Photo

Do you think the next GTA will be a spinoff or a Main entry or a Porta

21 replies to this topic
TheRevolution
  • TheRevolution

Formerly bengalboy_0701

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:29 PM Edited by bengalboy_0701, 30 December 2013 - 12:31 PM.

For those who don't know what exactly these words stand for, here's a quick guide.
Spinoffs:
Spinoffs are entries that are released for the consoles and PCs, but are not Main entries to the series. Example: Vice City, San Andreas.
Main Entry:
Main Entries are main instalments in the series. Example: III, IV
Portable Edition:
Portable Editions are instalments that are released only for portable game consoles such as the PSP or the 3DS. Example: Advance, Chinatown Wars.
Place your vote.

Hairue
  • Hairue

Deal with it.

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

Maybe a recreated Vice City. Just like they recreated Liberty City in IV and Los Santos in V.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

I think it would be a Spinoff but later next year or two after GTA 5 have got it Expansions and GTA Online have been improved.There is going to be a last GTA on Current Gen,and it will be a Spinoff and will be on both Consoles and Portable.i think when the series starts it 4th Generation(which are next-gen)they wouldnt be a Main Game but another Spinoff.Great Thread by the way

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

Spin off GTA Carcer City plus we have to stop with the numbering for now

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:51 AM

This has crossed my mind a couple of times, but I never gave it any serious thought.
Let's lay out the facts.
Grand Theft Auto was the first main game, and was followed by GTA: London 1969 and London 1961.
Next came GTA II, the only game in the series without a spinoff.
GTA III was the main game, followed by spinoffs Vice City and San Andreas. Then came the portable GTA Advance, Liberty City Stories, and finally Vice City Stories before GTA IV came along.
IV had The Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and Damned, which were sort of spinoffs, then we had Chinatown Wars, which was a portable game.
Finally came GTA V, which has nothing in the way of spinoffs or portable sequels announced as of right now.

If I were to make an educated guess, I would say there's at least a 75% chance that there's going to be a new GTA game between GTA V and GTA VI. GTA II is the only GTA to not be followed by a spinoff or portable game before the next installment, and that's not a recent game.
However, there is a chance that Rockstar goes the way of counting GTA Online as a new game and focuses on it instead of making San Andreas Stories or whatever. I see this as likely, as it would take too long for Rockstar to push out a new GTA that isn't portable and keep people entertained with Online at the same time.

At best, I'm betting we get a portable GTA and some good Online updates before VI, and that's it.
  • TheRevolution likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:10 AM

I think it's going to be a main entry. Most of the DLC for V is probably gonna be for online, anyway.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:46 AM

I think it's going to be a main entry. Most of the DLC for V is probably gonna be for online, anyway.

Rockstar already teased GTA 5 Story Expansions in 2014 so no it not only GTA Online and i totally agree with the up comment before yours,and i think there would be two spinoffs(either Portable or console)before GTA 6 but not next year

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

There will be a Story DLC for V.
Anyway, I liked rockstar's previous way of releasing GTA games. I mean, in 3D era they had something new to say everytime: They got two new cities.
But now, every five years a new game comes, which is a new rendition of before-seen place.
It could be waaaaay better if they would release a "Vice City" and a "Carcer City" or chicago game before VI, but as we've seen in recent years, they will not do this.
2014 and 2015, will be years of Online DLCs and one or two story DLCs for V. Then, the boring wait for VI starts...

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:12 PM

Rockstar already teased GTA 5 Story Expansions in 2014 so no it not only GTA Online and i totally agree with the up comment before yours,and i think there would be two spinoffs(either Portable or console)before GTA 6 but not next year

They also teased that Packie wouldn't be in V, and we all know how that worked out.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:27 PM

There will be a Story DLC for V.
Anyway, I liked rockstar's previous way of releasing GTA games. I mean, in 3D era they had something new to say everytime: They got two new cities.
But now, every five years a new game comes, which is a new rendition of before-seen place.
It could be waaaaay better if they would release a "Vice City" and a "Carcer City" or chicago game before VI, but as we've seen in recent years, they will not do this.
2014 and 2015, will be years of Online DLCs and one or two story DLCs for V. Then, the boring wait for VI starts...

Remember before GTA 5 release this year,there was a spinoff in 2009,GTA Chinatown Wars which was about an Asian Protagonist and The Triads.I am sure before GTA 6,there would be two or three GTA games(Spinoffs) on current/next-gen,it would be a collaboration of another Rockstar studio and Rockstar North(the GTA series creators).when GTA enters next-gen,there would be a GTA spinoff that would venture with a new Location i.e(GTA:Hong Kong or GTA:Carcer)before GTA 6.for a 16 years old Franchise(1997-2013) spanning 3 Generations(Era) with 15 games,as a fan i am so excited with what GTA will do next especially with next-gen consoles capabilities.

They also teased that Packie wouldn't be in V, and we all know how that worked out.

He was in GTA 5 and can be use as a crew member.They didnt want to spoil it for us,and also remember Johnny was there aswell,fyi that because GTA 4 and GTA 5 are in the same HD Universe

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

I would like to continue the HD era, because unlike 3D era it's not finished and it doesn't have main connection to each of games in the era. So spinoff.

OP: I don't think V should be included as main entry since it's in the same era as IV. Main entry are games such as I, III, IV that starts a new era. V is called GTA V only because it's Rockstar's biggest game made, and they thought it deserve to be titled as a new number V. Just my opinion through. 

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

I would like to continue the HD era, because unlike 3D era it's not finished and it doesn't have main connection to each of games in the era. So spinoff.

OP: I don't think V should be included as main entry since it's in the same era as IV. Main entry are games such as I, III, IV that starts a new era. V is called GTA V only because it's Rockstar's biggest game made, and they thought it deserve to be titled as a new number V. Just my opinion through. 

So you are trying to say GTA 5 is not a main game it just called no 5 for no reason?...i think you need no explanation,even the OP is smarter than you

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

Example of immaturity. You understood it pretty wrong, or you just don't know how read. I don't get into your personal problems, but the last part of the sentence where you're insult me just made me say this. Maybe you will figure it out later.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

Example of immaturity. You understood it pretty wrong, or you just don't know how read. I don't get into your personal problems, but the last part of the sentence where you're insult me just made me say this. Maybe you will figure it out later.

Ok my bad but you could have made it more clear,i dont like when people confuse certain things,a Main game is a numbered game(1,2,3,4,5.) and a spinoff is a game with a name is of numbers and the OP even make it clear.The main games in the series(regardless of the Era) are GTA 1,GTA 2,GTA 3,GTA 4 and GTA 5
the spinoffs are with names,GTA London 1969 and 1961,GTA Vice City,GTA San Andreas, Advance,GTA LCS,GTA VCS,GTA TLaD,GTA TBoGT and Chinatown Wars.If you dont get it then it fine.

TheRevolution
  • TheRevolution

Formerly bengalboy_0701

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

I don't think V should be included as main entry since it's in the same era as IV. Main entry are games such as I, III, IV that starts a new era. V is called GTA V only because it's Rockstar's biggest game made, and they thought it deserve to be titled as a new number V.

By that logic, SA would be a main entry because back then in '04, it was the largest game r* had ever made. No offense intended.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:56 PM

@Blood-Is-in-Diamond & bengalboy_0701

Regardless of the Era, yes. You said it like i would. But remember, i said in the beginning 'should be'. I only suggested OP to make it with regard of the eras. But if we take it regardless, then it's like you said. See, simple things, we just need to understand each other and have more patience.  :^:

About San Andreas's name. Yes it was biggest game R* created and all, but it's their choice how they will call it. For V, they came up with that, because of their reasons, and as i said they thought it deserves to be called with main entry name.  :^:

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

@Blood-Is-in-Diamond & bengalboy_0701

Regardless of the Era, yes. You said it like i would. But remember, i said in the beginning 'should be'. I only suggested OP to make it with regard of the eras. But if we take it regardless, then it's like you said. See, simple things, we just need to understand each other and have more patience.  :^:
About San Andreas's name. Yes it was biggest game R* created and all, but it's their choice how they will call it. For V, they came up with that, because of their reasons, and as i said they thought it deserves to be called with main entry name.  :^:

Alright bro but even though GTA San Andreas was the greatest in the series(obviously it was great) and a classic now,but remember a spin-off cant be like the Main Entry even with it greatestness.and remember with a spin-off a series could try new elements and locations and that what Vice City and San Andreas did.The Original GTA in 1997 had San Andreas but it was a single city but with GTA San Andreas it evolved into a state with 3 cities but GTA 5 is a main game so it took one of the cities and reimagined it and instead of a state,San Andreas is now two Islands in the Hd Era (North and South) but GTA 5 is set in Southern San Andreas(southern california)

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

A portable console GTA is very unlikely due to the low popularity of the PSVita and the 3DS.

A spin-off could be, but more likely in Vice City or North San Andreas.

A main entry is the most likely, after the GTA V story DLC, with setting in the previously mentioned locations, if they don't appear in a spin-off.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

A portable console GTA is very unlikely due to the low popularity of the PSVita and the 3DS.
A main entry is the most likely, after the GTA V story DLC, with setting in the previously mentioned locations, if they don't appear in a spin-off.

I agree with all what you said but Vice City was a Spin-off,so why should another spin-off be Vice City when it can be a Main Game,and it might be possible only if the Spin-off "Vice City" is an Hd spiritual sequel to Vice City.

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

I agree with all what you said but Vice City was a Spin-off,so why should another spin-off be Vice City when it can be a Main Game,and it might be possible only if the Spin-off "Vice City" is an Hd spiritual sequel to Vice City.
You're right, the next main game should be in Vice City.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

Exactly,i think on next-gen Rockstar would make a GTA spin-off experimenting with a totally new location in the U.S and then GTA 6 would be Vice City,because Los Santos was the only City from GTA San Andreas that was re-imagined and used in a main game although it set in South San Andreas.I think Rockstar should do a GTA spin-off and experiment with a fictional Detroit or Chicago

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

Exactly,i think on next-gen Rockstar would make a GTA spin-off experimenting with a totally new location in the U.S and then GTA 6 would be Vice City,because Los Santos was the only City from GTA San Andreas that was re-imagined and used in a main game although it set in South San Andreas.I think Rockstar should do a GTA spin-off and experiment with a fictional Detroit or Chicago
Yes, a GTA V spin-off for console and then release a main game with Vice City as setting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users