Photo

Am I the only one that's happy with getting money from other playe

149 replies to this topic
DirtFarmer
  • DirtFarmer

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

if you ever state "am i the only one..." first go kick yourself in the nuts. then kick yourself in the nuts again. NO, YOU ARE NOT A SPECIAL LITTLE SNOW FLAKE!

sturmjosef
  • sturmjosef

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

You will get a ban!

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

I logged into this sh*t game last night to see the snow and to see the heists. I saw snow, but no heists. Then I got sent over $100 million dollars by some random no lifer. The game is a f*cking joke, more so than ever before. Rockstar should just pull the f*cking plug.

• rob602pa, punishthem420 and Watchman70 like this

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:53 PM Edited by Zodape, 26 December 2013 - 06:53 PM.

I was lately playing Online less and less... until something happened when I was checking the map with snow yesterday: A hacker put a 99 million bounty on me. I didn't even hesitate to go to private session and wait for the bounty to be mine. If I didn't like the hacked money, I could just buy 99 adders and I'd be back to my original balance, no problems.

The thing is, I had the most fun I ever had with online: no grinding, no worrying about cash. I went around, collecting my favourite cars and customizing them like no tomorrow. Then 3 douches in tanks appeared, so I started to do a lot of stupid sh*t to kill them, from buying my own buzzard, to sticky bombing my Banshee and Infernus and going kamikaze. I never had to worry about cash. I actually felt free. I felt like I was playing... GTA.

I don't support hackers at all, but when they gave me all this cash I actually enjoyed the game. Maybe it's just me. I used to play lots of MMORPGs when I was a kid/teenager, until I realised that those games were sh*t. Just grinding and grinding and grinding for virtual stuff, not having fun, and once you have it all you just quit because you have no reason to play. This was the same feel I had before with Online. Now that I have all the cash I need, I can actually have fun before I quit, instead of getting bored of grinding and quit right after.

I'm not saying hackers are right, but I think Rockstar should remove the money system completely. Level cap is enough. Level cap and having to pay for the unlocked stuff? No.

• saintsrow and Phyxsius- like this

K1llad0r
  • K1llad0r

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

Yea, last night was my first game in a week. And i didnt see snow, but i did see people getting bountys of millions. Then it was my turn to receive $777,xxx,xxx from some one. I had always play to earn my money. f*ck.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

If I didn't like the hacked money, I could just buy 99 adders and I'd be back to my original balance, no problems.

The thing is, I had the most fun I ever had with online: no grinding, no worrying about cash. I went around, collecting my favourite cars and customizing them like no tomorrow. Then 3 douches in tanks appeared, so I started to do a lot of stupid sh*t to kill them, from buying my own buzzard, to sticky bombing my Banshee and Infernus and going kamikaze. I never had to worry about cash. I actually felt free. I felt like I was playing... GTA.

It felt like you where playing GTA?

W T F?

When did GTA turn into being rich and having everything ASAP while playing tank wars in the street?

I've never played a GTA game like that in my life.  Maybe you could actually name a GTA which is like that.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

If I didn't like the hacked money, I could just buy 99 adders and I'd be back to my original balance, no problems.

W T F?

When did GTA turn into being rich and having everything ASAP while playing tank wars in the street?

I've never played a GTA game like that in my life.  Maybe you could actually name a GTA which is like that.

Aside from the world of tanks, he's right.

GTA IV free roam was f*cking chaos and it was great.
  • Magick likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:20 PM Edited by Vooodu, 26 December 2013 - 09:22 PM.

W T F?

GTA IV free roam?   

The game where everyone wanted to be able to spend cash on stuff, buy cars, house and customization?

GTA IV free roam was a barely anything.  Hell, GTA 4 multiplayer was R* 1st attempt at an open world online game.  Its basic and dull as sh*t.

Alls i can remember about GTA 4 free roam is retards in buzzards.   GTA 4 was mainly about races and death matches.  Free Roam was just wack.  Nothing mattered. 

So basically people think R* 1st attempt at online.  Which was basically an after thought in GTA 4 should be held up as the staple for all their online games?  

Alright then..Lets remove garages and apartments... Remove any owned items and return GTA V to exactly how GTA 4 was...  lol.

• Mart1001 likes this

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:33 PM Edited by GankThis110, 26 December 2013 - 09:35 PM.

W T F?

Alright then..Lets remove garages and apartments... Remove any owned items and return GTA V to exactly how GTA 4 was...  lol.
Don't put words in my mouth

Being able to do whatever without constantly worrying about money was nice. If the only fun you had in GTA 4 were races then damn lmao...

I love all the customization, houses, etc.. but doing grinding sh*t missions just to buy ammo is laughable at best.

If R* would have made a gta IV esquefree for all lobby where anything goes, they might not have had so many problems.

The blowhards could still grind to make themselves feel accomplished.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

W T F?

Don't put words in my mouth

Being able to do whatever without constantly worrying about money was nice. If the only fun you had in GTA 4 were races then damn lmao...

I love all the customization, houses, etc.. but doing grinding sh*t missions just to buy ammo is laughable at best.

If R* would have made a gta IV esquefree for all lobby where anything goes, they might not have had so many problems.

I didn't put words in your mouth.  I just elaborated on what you claimed.

GTA 4 was basic.   You want everything GTA O has to offer, but you want to do nothing for it but play as a retard in free roam like its GTA 4..   Thats not how R* designed GTA O.  So it really doesn't matter what you think.

Besides.... Theres no grinding in GTA.   How do you grind unless you make the choice to grind stuff over and over.

I can play a few 'random races, some death matches and some random jobs and get a 100k like nothing. What is grinding?  

And in GTA 4 online you did constantly have worry about ammo.  You never had any....  You always had to go pick some up along with guns.  You never kept anything but levels..  

I like this.

Lets turn GTA V into GTA 4 online.   People don't want to play the right way. Lets take it all away.  No more ownership of anything.

Make you all the homeless, unarmed and car less.  Just like in GTA 4 free roam.   If people want a tank, let them go fetch one from the army base and drive back.  lmao.

Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

I'm currently sitting on 20billion, and that was from simply claiming two bounties. I've purchased everything I'll ever need (at least at rank #77). I've still got to get the advanced sniper and minigun yet. But as far as vehicles go (minus the armour) I'm all pimped out.

GTA5isntAMYTH
  • GTA5isntAMYTH

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:33 PM

how do you give money to another player my freind has over 4 billion and wants to give me 2 billion

Beach Bum Bandit
  • Beach Bum Bandit

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

how do you give money to another player my freind has over 4 billion and wants to give me 2 billion

If he does then he's in the cheaters pool. Sharing money is a big no no.

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:02 AM

I'm happy about all the money.. I'm not happy with all these glitched lobbies and bugs happening all the time. 

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:13 AM

Im in cp and I'll happily get rid of my 3 billion to return to normal lobbies
joker-burning-money.jpg

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:22 AM

Free money is good.  It has made me feel much more free in the game, as many others have said. 

Robbing 4 or 5 stores (and all the associated police chases) to be able to afford an extended clip for one gun?  That was way too much like real life economics.  As someone said, this is supposed to be a game, not a chore.

Leveling up and (worst of all) trying to unlock car mods by winning races is tedious at best and hell at worst.  Getting through the first 120 levels, and winning scores of races for all car mods, just to basically achieve the equivalent of GTA0 of normal citizen status, is like a mean-spirited initiation rite or hazing ritual.  GTA0 will finally become fun once I am past all that, if ever.  In the meantime, no longer worrying about the money is at least one good thing about the experience. 

Alls i can remember about GTA 4 free roam is retards in buzzards.   GTA 4 was mainly about races and death matches.  Free Roam was just wack.  Nothing mattered.

Sounds soooo much like GTA0 free roam to me.  :colgate: The only difference is that GTA0 has tanks and fighter jets, to improve the griefing. 

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:29 AM

Felt like forever just to get to $100,000. Got my $billon$ and finally was able to buy a high end sports car.

I feel sorry for all my friends who are below level 30, wasting money on cash cards.

KainThePunisher
  • KainThePunisher

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:20 AM

I was lately playing Online less and less... until something happened when I was checking the map with snow yesterday: A hacker put a 99 million bounty on me. I didn't even hesitate to go to private session and wait for the bounty to be mine. If I didn't like the hacked money, I could just buy 99 adders and I'd be back to my original balance, no problems.

I don't support hackers at all, but when they gave me all this cash I actually enjoyed the game. Maybe it's just me. I used to play lots of MMORPGs when I was a kid/teenager, until I realised that those games were sh*t. Just grinding and grinding and grinding for virtual stuff, not having fun, and once you have it all you just quit because you have no reason to play. This was the same feel I had before with Online. Now that I have all the cash I need, I can actually have fun before I quit, instead of getting bored of grinding and quit right after.

I'm not saying hackers are right, but I think Rockstar should remove the money system completely. Level cap is enough. Level cap and having to pay for the unlocked stuff? No.

I completely agree with everything he said except for the idea of removing cash completely. Everyone plays GTA different. I personally don't use cheats in the single player. I think that takes the fun out of it. Some people can't imagine playing GTA without cheats. Video games are meant to be played for fun. And the choice should be yours how you want to have that fun with the game that your hard earned cash was able to buy. In my opinion, the tank griefers and the hackers who use god more affect other players a whole hell of a lot more then the money in other peoples bank accounts. When I was gifted a Few hundred mill, I didn't have to keep grinding to be able to afford the money to play how I wanted to play. As he said, I was able to be my one man army who can afford medical bills and ammo and vests. It's like when you play any other GTA came. There is that sweet spot in the single player where you're rich enough to afford almost anything, you've played it enough to be boss, but there's still a lot of content to play and things to see that are brand new. Which is the point I feel like I'm at in the GTA Online. Just like the stimulus, it re-energized me to play. Once again, just my opinion. Sorry for the wall of text.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:38 AM Edited by Vooodu, 27 December 2013 - 05:37 AM.

Robbing 4 or 5 stores (and all the associated police chases) to be able to afford an extended clip for one gun?  That was way too much like real life economics.  As someone said, this is supposed to be a game, not a chore.

Leveling up and (worst of all) trying to unlock car mods by winning races is tedious at best and hell at worst.  Getting through the first 120 levels, and winning scores of races for all car mods, just to basically achieve the equivalent of GTA0 of normal citizen status, is like a mean-spirited initiation rite or hazing ritual.  GTA0 will finally become fun once I am past all that, if ever.  In the meantime, no longer worrying about the money is at least one good thing about the experience. 

Funny, i had fun playing the game.  See, i actually enjoyed what R* tried to put together.

I also don;t spend all my time being a tard in free roam.  So its actually fun earning lost of cash and rewards.  

The problem seems to free roam scrubs.  They don't want to do anything other then attack other players in free roam.  The actual game gets in the way of that.

I guess its R* fault for trying.  Their fan base can't get past being assholes to each other in free roam and don't have time to do anything other then that.

Felt like forever just to get to $100,000. Got my $billon$ and finally was able to buy a high end sports car.

Anyone who thinks it takes a long time to get $100 000 should not be driving a high ends sports car...lol

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:57 AM

[quote name="Vooodu" post="1064387593" timestamp="1388122722"][quote name="saintsrow" post="1064386446" timestamp="1388107371"]

[/quote]

Funny, i had fun playing the game.  See, i actually enjoyed what R* tried to put together.

I also don;t spend all my time being a tard in free roam./quote]

Its ok, not everyone has friends. Some have to be a tryhards and spend all their time leveling up to feel "accomplished"

To each their own.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:24 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 27 December 2013 - 10:35 AM.

snip

Not everybody needs the entitlement of grinding. Some just want to pick-up and play, without the need to grind for each C4 thrown.

Just leaving this here again, for Vooodu.

Want to earn your money? Go for it. But it seems to me that you be concerned a tad too much about other player`s finances. Some simply want to spend a quiet evening, doing whatever they want in a game, without "EARNING" some invisible 1337 stripes that nobody gives a sh*t about.

I play my game and you play yours. Where`s the problem again?

Watchman70
  • Watchman70

The posts I really like are wooden ones with signs attached

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:54 AM

I have totally given up on GTAO. Traded the game in yesterday for credit.

It has just descended into an absolute joke due to tw*ts who are crying because they think the game should be something else and R*s refusal to do anything about it. This game is only going to get worse. Forget the Heists - there not coming. Any idiot could see that this was going to be the high earner in the game where your character could earn the big bucks but now everyone has millions in the bank, what's the point. All you had to do was be patient.

R* have spent so long dealing (and are still dealing) with bugs, mods and hacks that any future content will be delayed. During this time the hack and modders will only get more frustrated and impatient that they will continue to f*ck the game up for everyone else. Catch 22! Limited new content.

R* - You may want to speak with some of you competitors and learn how to make a stable online framework to reduce the modding/hacking potential. - if you care that is.

I have played many online games over the years but this was my first foray into GTA and I thought the online aspect, although a little flawed, had the potential to be very good with the right DLC and updates.

Unfortunately due to the R*s failure to produce a robust, structured framework and the childish 'I want it now and I want it this way' attitude of a lot of the players I will not be looking to play any future GTA/R* online product.

So enjoy your $millions, enjoy your hacks - this game is going nowhere. 

Vooodu - I agree with everything you have posted but face it mate, you are fighting a loosing battle with morons who would not know a good game if it jumped up and slapped them in the face.

GTAO only 3 month old and totally f*cked. That's got to be some kind of record.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:36 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 27 December 2013 - 11:43 AM.

1. Forget the Heists - there not coming. Any idiot could see that this was going to be the high earner in the game where your character could earn the big bucks but now everyone has millions in the bank, what's the point. All you had to do was be patient.

2. Vooodu - I agree with everything you have posted but face it mate, you are fighting a loosing battle with morons who would not know a good game if it jumped up and slapped them in the face.

1. Yes they will. Presumably 6 months after the game has launched is an unacceptable timeframe, though. Especially since they are supposedly the best money source and you are selling money already, while nerfing payouts. Too few too late and it is really infuriating that they are so cheap that they are withholding content to buy more time to sell cash cards and/or withholding content for future activity boosts.

2. Because it is clear that I don`t know how to play my own game, so I need Vooodu or some other lil` f*ck to tell me what to do with my property, right? Who am I NOT to grind? How dare I actually have fun in this game and not work?

Watchman70
  • Watchman70

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:23 PM

2. Because it is clear that I don`t know how to play my own game, so I need Vooodu or some other lil` f*ck to tell me what to do with my property, right? Who am I NOT to grind? How dare I actually have fun in this game and not work?

Correct.

Firstly, you are not playing the game that R* released, you are playing a modified, hacked version of it. Therefore you are not playing the game the way it was intended.

Secondly, the disc may be your property but the online license and game belongs to R*. As good or bad as the online game is what right do other people have to alter the game because they don't like it or discovered that it was not what they expected.

I agree with you - you should be able to play the game anyway you like, so long as it is within the confines of the games parameters. However, it's your attitude and others like you, that have contributed to the ruination of the online aspect as you have accepted what the modders/hackers have done and continue to play THEIR game. None of you stopped to think of the consequences it will have to the game. You have, in effect, condoned their actions so they won't stop.

If R* don't not sort this out within the next couple of months this game won't be around in 6 months time. It will either be off-line or the only people playing it will be all be in the BS/CP pool as anyone who gives a f*uk will have moved on. Either way the will be no serious DLC forthcoming as it won't be worth it for R*.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:28 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 27 December 2013 - 12:36 PM.

@Watchman70 - I haven`t cheated and I cannot stand cheaters. I also haven`t received cash gifts and I will avoid public servers like the plague, to make sure I don`t.

But I`m about sick and tired of everyone to tell me how I should play my game - grinding, of all things. Having been gifted millions or billions would help anyone not willing to chew sand and not do the 4-5 missions that do pay decently ad nauseam. It will help them to actually have fun NOW, not 2 months from now, when they can finally get a Buzzard or throw more than 2 C4`s per missions - not everybody`s fun is to grind like a moron. Because, regardless how you put it, 2500$ for a lvl 60+ mission that you get at level 100+ quite often IS a slap in the face. If you are not careful you WILL get into negatives doing that mission.

And about my attitude - I remember paying 60 bucks for this game. I fully expect Rockstar to offer me a playable and cheater/hacker free online environment. I will not be the one to do Rockstar`s job for it, since I am not paid to do so. So, I might or might not take the freebie and fart in Rockstar`s general direction.

• iBUCKEYE likes this

downbounty
  • downbounty

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

DNS Codes.I Now Sorta Have Unlimited Money, But Im Not Worried Because Almost All Of GTA Online Does It

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:44 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 27 December 2013 - 12:53 PM.

In hindsight, maybe I should have gone in public lobbies and gotten billions. I might just do that today, just so I can come in here and see Vooodu`s pacemaker go ZING!

"Oh, master, I have forsaken your teachings!" ROFL!

Watchman70
  • Watchman70

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

@Watchman70 - I haven`t cheated and I cannot stand cheaters. I also haven`t received cash gifts and I will avoid public servers like the plague, to make sure I don`t.

But I`m about sick and tired of everyone to tell me how I should play my game - grinding, of all things. Having been gifted millions or billions would help anyone not willing to chew sand and not do the 4-5 missions that do pay decently ad nauseam. It will help them to actually have fun NOW, not 2 months from now, when they can finally get a Buzzard or throw more than 2 C4`s per missions.

And about my attitude - I remember paying 60 bucks for this game. I fully expect Rockstar to offer me a playable and cheater/hacker free online environment. I will not be the one to do Rockstar`s job for it, since I am not paid to do so. So, I might or might not take the freebie and fart in Rockstar`s general direction.

Fair play and I apologise if if offended you in any way.

However, to your point about grinding, that is/was always part of the game. Before I bought the game, I read the reviews and it was obvious that this was going to be a factor of the game. You may not like it but you are obviously doing it so why should others get a 'free pass'. I played the same way as you and had a decent set of cars, weapons and ammo...and had fun. Why the need to have everything now? I have read a lot of comments comparing this game to to GTA4's openness of the online multiplayer and it annoys me. This is not GTA4, if that's what they want then go back to playing it. 

With regards to your last comment, I partially agree but totally understand the sentiment. I quit because I was no longer playing the game I bought. At the end of the day, if R* had developed a more stable platform, we would not be having this discussion.

BTW, just be careful coming out of mission/race lobbies, voting screens etc. I used to play invite only but on several occasions found myself in public sessions on quitting the voting screen or choosing the free-roam option. On two occasions received $millions gifted. First time not so bad, only $60m but second time $300+m. Giving $60m to your second character is bad enough giving £300+m at a $1m at a time - now that's grind.

• Phyxsius- likes this

cen0bite
  • cen0bite

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

Finally hopped on GTAO since well before xmas and within 5 minutes I was gifted $120,000,000. It was awesome and rejuvenated my love of the game. I quickly txted the dude thanks and took off to spend my xmas bonus on damn near everything. .

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

I don't worry about cash. I enjoy trying to make and earn things I appreciate like in real life. Problem became eveyone else is is getting rich quick so many feel left out. Little kids especially, they have no concept of gratification from earning as they are too young to have learned yet.

I have most of what I want in the game and have rank to go but have been able to save about 20% of my total earnings. Better than my real life. Lol

LOL I WISH I was a kid again.. "They have no concept of gratification from earnings" They are f*cking kids, they need to have as much fun as they can before they grow up and start worrying about bills and sh*t..  It's untill they've grown up and they still do this in REAL LIFE, is when we have to start worrying.

Pf rubbish, out of all people. Adults should understand this most, not worrying about money is a wonderful thing

GTA is 18... if they are still in kid mode at 18, they need to put the pad down and get outside/a life... FAST:P

Otherwise they wont have all the "normal" things to worry about... they will be worrying about paying their mum rent for the basement and paying the internet/xbox live bill lol...........

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users